Contacts? Is it safe, Questions.

Jieb_Lover

sarNie OldFart
Okay, I'm wondering for those who wear prescripted eye contacts. IS IT SAFE TO WEAR THEM WHEN SWIMMING/RAINING?? Is it safe if water gets into them?? & Has anyone ever wore them to Valleyfair or Carnivals w/ rides and such?? Pleast let me knnow, Thankss! :)

n_naruk

TOOMTAM :: CHALiDA
I wear contacts. And yes I've wore them to swimming and on roller coater rides before. When I wore it to swimming, it gets very irritated due to all the water that gets in the eyes and it would feel like it's going to come off. For me anyways. As for rides, it might get a bit dry if you're going on a roller coaster. But there's no harm to the eyes. It just gets dry and irritated that's all. I've even wore them to sleep before[on accident] and it gets really dry. But there's no infections towards it. Maybe red eyes when you wake up but that's pretty much it.

Hope that helps ^_^

yajvaj

sarNie Adult
i wore my contacts to sleep a couple times. the first time i did it got really dry and seems like it was super sunny! i couldnt even look at people even when its not sunny. i also wear my contacts during my showers lol yes i am lazy but it just gets irritated for a bit then it stops.

sugar

เฟริสค่ะ
It helps to carry around rewetting eye drops because they do get dry after a while. I've worn mine for 12+ hours straight before without eyes drops and my eyes were red and irritated when I took them off. I've also worn them in the shower and there's a little irritation but nothing too bad, although I know it's not a good idea in the long run ):

Muddie Murda

smile...
I wear them to the theme park all the time :D Much better than glasses *whoosh, flies off roller coasters*
My only issue is that w/ the water rides, my eyes get really dry and dumb me don't bring any drops for them. So during the drive home from the theme parks, I'm always sooooo sleepy..........Please bring drops :p lol

yajvaj

sarNie Adult
i have a question also. lol...have anyone tried swimming with contacts on in pools like at the YMCA cause i know they have chlorine or some kind of chemical in it. is it safe? or a good idea?

i dislike wearing contacts while riding roller coasters but no choice. dust tends to get into my eyes & stick to the contacts.

noungning

Heartless
i wear em.. else i can't see... i kinda have no choice like others mentioned.

underwater, i wear goggles... the ones that just covers the eyes...

on rides, i just slant em so dust won't get in haha. hope i've answered ur questions...

chlorine... i don't think it'd do damage to just ur contacts but also ur eyes?!!?! lol!

opening ur eyes under any water with contacts on... u are risking losing ur contacts and being blind... i don't recommend it. ;)

Jieb_Lover

sarNie OldFart
Thanks soooo much everyone! :) Yes. THat means I can wear them to water parks/vf! Teheee. I've go my googles prepared already anyways, Yayyyy! :D THANKYOU THANKYOU EVERYONE! Much help I appreciate ALOT! :D

Noungning, lol. HOW DO YOU SLANT YOUR CONTACTS while on rides??

Liberty

sarNie Adult
haha you can wear them in the rain as long as you don't standing in the pouring rain with your head looking up, eyes wide open.

I wouldn't recommend wearing it swimming though. It's not that they're not safe it's just that if it's not made for swimming it'll most likely just wash out of your eyes. You'll end up losing 'em.

I wear mine in the shower but my eyes are always closed or I'm looking down. I almost lost one once in the shower.

oh and get your supplies cheap. i price match @ 1800contacts all the time. ;) in case you do lose them in the shower, hm....

i tend to drop 1 in the bathroom sometimes, too.

i used to wear contacts before i got lasic eye surgery...i wore contacts swimming once, but i opened my eyes underwater, so the contacts floated out and my eyes stung like hell...lol...after that, i never wore them swimming again...

contacts are fine in the rain though...

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
Thanks soooo much everyone! :) Yes. THat means I can wear them to water parks/vf! Teheee. I've go my googles prepared already anyways, Yayyyy! :D THANKYOU THANKYOU EVERYONE! Much help I appreciate ALOT! :D

im thinkin she means her eyes not her contacts

i have the ones u can wear all day all night with out takin them out fo like weeks but i do taken them out coz appently its not healthy but my eyes dont get dry with them lol it depends on brands and that i guess

noungning

Heartless

AHAHAHA i meant ur eyes

im thinkin she means her eyes not her contacts

i have the ones u can wear all day all night with out takin them out fo like weeks but i do taken them out coz appently its not healthy but my eyes dont get dry with them lol it depends on brands and that i guess
yep, my eyes lol... so i have chinkier eyes :p

yeah they have those contacts here too... but i guess it's thicker and harder than the dailies or bi-weekly ones. wearing contacts too long makes me tired... then when i take em off i'm awake again.

wearing them too long would probably make your eyes dry... and air is prevented from flowing into your eyes... so i suppose it's not the best thing to do... then i always think... gosh maybe it might cut into my eyes if i wear it for daysssss without taking it out.