Dark Heart (MARS/TFATF)

chenling

sarNie Adult

Author: M
Title: Dark Heart
Rating: PG-13 to R
Disclaimer: All characters from TFATF aren't mine, I am using them for fun only. The characters of Mars - Chen Ling, Chen Sheng and Han Qi Luo aren't mine either. All other characters are mine.
Summary: Some say we must forget our past. For Chen Ling that is easier said then done, for his past is a shadow that looms over him. Will the move to LA prove a wise decision?
A/N: I wrote this a while back, I'm a big fan of MARS...as you can tell by my screen name. I wanted to share this with you all enjoy

Prologue

His deep brown took in the scene before him, a women, the woman he loved was lying sprawled out on her back on their bed, her delicate hands skimming over a strong back, not his back. He moved placing his full weight on his right foot, his hands fall to his sides as he feels his blood beginning to boil. The sounds of her soft moans filling his ears, finally Ling had enough. With two large strides he was standing over them.

"Ling" her once sweet, soothing voice was now filled with surprise.

"Why?" he asked his voice and manner cold.

"Ling" She called out again as Ling grabbed the man who was making love to his girlfriend. He pulled him up with ease and through him to the floor. Ling turned and stared at the mystery man who was scrabbling to stand while pulling his jeans.

"Who the hell are you?" The man growled while looking over Ling.

"Boyfriend" Ling said in almost a whisper, "A foreigner?" He then through back at her.

"Boyfriend?" the man laughed, "Didn't seem like she had one by the way she was screaming."

The taunting words through Ling over the edge, his hand went to the man's throat as he pinned him to the wall, he heard soft footsteps behind him. Ling turned seeing her eyes filling with tears. This only angered him more, was she crying for this man, not for him?

"Ling" she cried out. Her hands found his arms pulling at him to let the man go.

Ling focused back on the man in front of him, his face turning colors. He could not hear as she began to cry out for him stop. He was engulfed in silence; Ling tightened his grip smiling a little at the pain showing in the man's eyes. At once the silence was gone and again he heard her cry out, he let go, stepping back letting the man fall to the ground. She was there then, kneeling down worriedly seeing if he was alright.

"Why, Han Qi Luo?" he asked again. She looked up and the disgust he saw in her eyes made him go numb.

Ling stepped back, sighing he turned walking to the bedroom door. One last time he looked back, seeing the woman he loved caring for someone else. Tears filled his dark eyes and he urged himself to leave. He would not show weakness in front of her, he would not show how bad she hurt him.

Chapter One

8 months later....

Hannah snickered as listened to her brother and his best friend fight over a snickers bar.

"It's mine ass"

"NO it's mine."

"Jesus you two split it in half." She yelled out from under the Honda Civic she was working on.

"He doesn't deserve half." Leon barked, "You don't." He warned Jesse.

"Wha ya mean?" Jesse huffed, "Who did that bitches decals for free so you could get a piece huh?"

Leon rolled his eyes, "She wanted me even before that....that's not the point."

"Oh my god." Hannah chuckled while pulling herself from under the car. She stood quickly and made her way over to them. Ignoring the looks she was getting from both Leon and Jesse, Hannah reached out snatching the snickers bar up and breaking it in half. "Here" She shoved them their respective pieces before returning to her car.

"Get back to work" Dom's deep voice boomed in the shop, he shook his head as he walked by Leon and Jesse. He stopped once he got to the Civic and tapped his boot against her leg.

She came out from under the car, "Yeah?"

"How long before you done?"

"A couple of hours then Jesse can paint it." Hannah told him. "Don't worry D it'll be done on time." She winked up at him before going back under the car.

Dom smirked down at her, "Alright."

**~**

"What's up?" Letty asked seeing Dom's face, she followed him into the office setting on the edge of the desk.

"It's Hannah."

"What's wrong with her?"

Dom sighed, "She's just works, goes home, works a little. Lett she doesn't have any fun."

Letty smiled, "Dom, she's just not into all the stuff we are. Don't worry about her."

"I do, I mean Mia's of living her life with Brian and Hannah's just locking herself away from life. It's not right, I'm not saying she needs to go out and party every weekend..I just.."

"I know." Letty said while getting up and walking around to him, "She's had a rough year and half we all have. Let her take her time getting back into things, you'll see she'll be alright."

**~**

Hannah lay awake that night, she couldn't sleep. There was a warm breeze washing over her, almost like a warning bell. She could tell something was coming, what she did not know. As she closed her eyes a face come to her sight, his eyes...dark, sad, dangerous, soulful eyes. Was the last thing she saw before slumber took her.

**~**

Ling waited without much patient as his bike was brought to him, he knew many on goers where watching. It wasn't normally for a passenger to the out on the tarmac. He squinted his eyes as his Yamaha YZR-RI was brought to him.

"Thanks" he said while taking hold of his bike. He pulled his large nap sack over his shoulder before grabbing his helmet and putting it on. He looked up at the sky and wondered if what he was doing was right, if coming to the United States would help him. "Move." he told himself before turning the key and starting the engine.

He was off, speeding his way around the large planes a smirk filling his lips. Ling knew he shouldn't be going that fast, it was too early for him to get into trouble. Chuckling to himself he pushed the bike harder, right now all he wanted was a cold beer and a soft bed. The trip from Taiwan had been a rough one.

Ling parked his bike in the middle of his new flat, thankfully he gotten the apartment he'd wanted. Chen Ling was never one for tight spaces; he enjoyed the wide open space of a loft. He looked around at the boxes that filled his new space; he swallowed knowing some of them held memories. Most of his memories from Taiwan he wanted to bury but he couldn't.

**~**

Hannah woke from a dream, no a nightmare, she sat up clutching her chest while struggling for breath, a cool sweat tingling her skin. She shut her eyes trying to get the image out of her head but she could not. Maybe I should remember? She thought to herself, it was so long ago yet I feel like it happened yesterday.

The last heist, the one that changed her life forever, she rode with Letty, Leon felt weird about his baby sister driving this time. It was odd, like they all knew this would be different. They went during the day, not a night, everything was not like before. She'd told them time and time again they needed to stop but Dom said no. He wanted a better life for them, for his family. So Hannah, like the rest of them, went with it. I

t was dangerous ground, the Tran's were coming close to finding out who was jacking what would be 'their' trucks. Johnny was especially pissed at Dom over something that happened between Dom and Johnny's sister. She hated the Tran's, hated Johnny. Ever since she was younger, he was always watching her. His cold eyes would follow her whenever she would go out to the races with the rest, even back when they all partied, Toretto's and Tran's, Johnny focused in on her.

She'd finally shaken off all her negative thoughts as she and Letty speed down the highway. Letty said nothing only stared at the rode ahead of them; she had both hands on the wheel white knuckles showing how scared she was. Then it all went wrong, the trucker wasn't going to give up his load so easily.

Hannah and Letty ended up flipping and landing hard on the side of the highway. In no time, Leon was there pulling them both out, dragging them on by one to his car. Both could hear Dom's voice blaring on the two way.

The injuries hurt; she never denied that, what cut at her even more was what none of them knew, what she could never tell her family. She was the one that call the cops; she was the one that got Brian into their lives. It was late one night after they'd done a job and she was sick, sick of seeing her family having to steal to try and make ends meet, even with the shop, the diner and even the races.

The Toretto crew had some much going out and not enough going in. She also knew that Dom was about to strike a deal with the Tran's one that would surely end up only trouble for all of them. Dom was planning to double cross the Tran's, pull off the mother of all heist, then blaming it on the group of unknown drivers that had been heisting on the out skirts of LA.

It also scared what else they could have gotten into being linked with the Tran's. Johnny had just taken over and was getting into drugs and whores. It was only time before Dom would want more; she hated that more then ever. Hated to see him give into the life he struggled to keep his family out of for all these years.

With the last heist came much more pain then Hannah have every thought, Vince almost died and Jesse. Poor Jesse, he was still now healing for what the Tran's had done to him. She blamed herself solely for what happened but still could tell no one. They hide as long as they could in Mexico before coming and deal with the law. But to everyone's surprise nothing happened, Brian, the one person most all of them hated had taken care of everything. The golden boy had somehow made Johnny Tran the FBI's main target. She was happy for that, what she didn't see was that Tran would only spend six months in jail before getting out.

For the last year she, along with the rest of her family waited and wondered when Johnny Tran would come back into their lives. She felt tears streaming down her face, all this time and still she couldn't forgive herself. She never would.

**~**

Ling leaned his 5'10 frame against his bike as he watched a stream of cars pull into an old abandoned parking lot near the water. His boots scratching at the ass fault beneath them, he folded his arms over his black racing jacket. His dark brown, almost black eyes waited closely as the each car pulled up next to one another. Street racers he thought to himself, a smiled played at his lips. Bikes had always been his thing, cars that an entire different story. He'd rarely ridden in one more over he'd rarely driven one. Only once, an image of a long black limo filled his mind. Taking him back to the day they, no HE buried his twin brother. Sheng, he said softly, how he wished his brother was here with him.

A group of cars, the last ones to arrive made him move. Ling straightened up a little noticing the detail of the automobiles. There were nicer then the rest, he could tell that for yards away. One by one they came to a halt, each person slowly exiting their vehicles. Ling knew this group was the leader.

A man, a large bald man, stood as a crowd of girls and some guys huddled around him quickly. He worked the crowd smiling at the all the women before walking over to another couple of guys and set up what Ling knew to be a race. The man was followed by a girl, with dark hair, dark as night, she looked tough and at once Ling knew that must be the main guys girl.

Three other young men followed the bald guy, a large tank top wearing solider; he looked ready for a fight and for what Ling could read could pretty much take care of anyone out in the crowd. The second guy, dressed in a jersey and a playful smile checked all the girls out as he made his way to his friends. Finally, a smaller, almost boy looking dude. He was grinning while talking to his friend in front of him. That was the brains; it was scary how Ling could read people by how they dressed and how they moved.

What then caught him off guard was another car pulling up, a car unlike the other, a simple Honda accord, not tricked out or anything. His eyes focused in and he wondered what manner of person would arrive to this social setting in that ride. A girl stepped out, her height, a little below average, her hair pulled up into a messy bun. She was dressed in a pair of low riding jeans and a t-shirt. This young lady was different from the rest.

Hannah moved slowly through the crowd to get to Dom and the rest of the team. She stopped short when she saw a man leaning against a bike. He was watching her, watching all of them. He was close enough to see but no one had taken any interest in him. His bike was what Jesse would call 'Bad Ass'. His figure was nothing but impressive, his face, you could only see some of it. His left eye blanketed by his dark hair falling over it. Hannah knew without seeing him up close that he was not from around her. She also could feel cool stare from his dark eyes.

Her named being called pulled her out of her daze and she pushed her way to the others.

"Glad you came." Letty smiled, "Finally, you just got home from work right?" Letty asked eying Hannah's outfit.

"Wha?" Hannah put up her hands, "You wanted me to come so I come."

"You gonna stay and watch the race?" Vince asked while stepping out from behind Letty.

"I don't know." Hannah looked past him and found the mystery guy still watching them. Vince groaned at her lack of focus on him. He reached out and pulled her towards his car.

"Vince?" she cried out but found herself following him. Once they were at his car she crossed her arms over her shirt and glared up at him. "What?"

"Why didn't you just ride with me?" He asked, he'd wanted her to go with him. He'd been wanting her to ride with him for a while now but she never would.

"I'm not staying long and you're gonna end bring some girl home, why would I want to play the third wheel?" Hannah asked wanting so bad to see if the guy on the bike was still there.

"Hannah, I just..."

"Vince, its okay" Hannah sighed, "For so long I wanted you to notice me. I'd watch as you went from one endless blonde to another. Then one day I look at myself and wondered what was wrong with me. Why didn't you want me?"

Vince was stunned, "Uh."

"Jesus Vince you really are thick." Hannah chuckled.

"I didn't..." Vince struggled to get out, but Hannah stopped him.

"It's okay Vince, I'm over it." She smiled before shaking her head, "I swear you guys only see tits and ass everything in between is blurry."

"Uh.." was all Vince got out before she walked away from him. What just happened? He asked himself, he'd wanted to tell her that he been wanting to ask her out and just told him that she'd liked him and now doesn't like him. Man, chicks were messed up. He a hand through his head as a strange feeling rose up inside. A lonely, nagging feeling, he'd wanted her to want him. He'd wanted her to be with him, yet it seemed too late. A cold rush of male ego came over and Vince growled. His steely gaze roamed over the crowd until he found her. He narrowed his gaze and wondered how hard it would be to get her, NO he was going to get her. Nothing was gonna get in his way.

**~**

Hannah smiled as Leon and Jesse went back and forth about a car. She was so happy to see Jesse like this, even with his injuries still nagging him; the mad scientist was full of energy. She watched how Leon's eyes shined with brotherly love and she cursed herself for betraying them. How could she, she was the one to blame, not Brian, not Dom....Her.

She tried pushing the cold, desperate feeling that now coiled inside her stomach. Hannah wanted to be able to laugh with them but she couldn't. Instead she told them goodnight and slowly made her way back to her car. Before getting into her car she turned, letting her eyes take in her family. Tears swelled up and at that moment she went numb inside. All this time she blamed herself. She was useless, all the hiding, all the over working, it would never take away the pain that was embedded in her heart. The sound of a bike roaring caused her to turn; the mystery man was sitting, leaning over his bike watching her once again.

Ling leaned forward and watched as the dark haired girl stood with her car door open. He could see her sadness even from where he was. The same sadness that was in his brother's eyes the day he died. Ling growled kicking his stand up and slowly moving forward. He slowly moved towards the cars, getting glares from everyone as he did so. Bikes had never shown up before and were rarely seen where the street racers were.

"Who the @#%$ is that? We got a new Asian crew in town" Vince growled when seeing a dude slowly riding through the ranks of parked cars.

"Sweet" Jesse chimed in while looking over the bike, "That's a bad ass bike, a new model...@#%$ hell they ain't put it out here yet." his eyes wide with enthusiasm.

Dom and Letty turned as did Leon and watched as the rider slowly moved past them. Ling turned his head to the side and locked eyes with every single one of them before moving towards Hannah.

Hannah felt glued to her spot, she'd watched as the man on the bike rode in front of all the cars. She'd noticed his gaze meeting every one of her family members faces. She wanted to turn away but couldn't. He came slowly towards her stopping once he was next to her car.

Ling sat up and took in the sight of the women before him. She was prettier then he'd first thought, her eyes were almost as dark as his, but still lighter then Qi Luo's. She was built different too, more curve. He felt a surge of desire and mental kicked himself. She had tears in her dark eyes, and it only made her look more inviting.

"Wha?" Hannah asked, her voice shaky, this man's stare was burning through her skin.

"The darkness must be kept at bay." Ling told her, "Once we invite it in, it never leaves."

Hannah went to say something but he drove off. She followed his form until he disappeared into the night. His voice, soft, low it still ringing in her ears. Those eyes, they looked right into her soul. He could read what she was thinking; he made her feel guilty for hating herself.

**~**

Across town.....

"Yeah" Johnny answered his cell; he winked up at the waitress that had just brought him a beer.

"A biker came in town a couple of days ago."

"And?" Johnny rolled his eyes, "Who is it? And why do I need to know?"

"It's some dude named Chen Ling, from Taiwan." the guy said.

"Wait what?" Johnny sat up straight, "Chen Ling?"

"Yeah Chen Ling, from..."

"Stupid, I know where he is from. Find out where he's staying and call me back." Johnny barked before shutting his phone. He grinned before taking a swig of beer. It had been years since he'd seen Ling, the last time was at his brother's funeral. Ling coming back to American was indeed a surprise, he wondered if he could use this somehow. Maybe Ling coming back was a sign that he needed to tell the world that he was back. He was sick and tired of hiding like a beat dog, the @#%$ Toretto's were walking around acting like nothing had happened. He'd spent time in jail for some @#%$ he didn't do, @#%$ Dom...he knew he'd had something to do with it&. only needed the proof. An evil grin filled Johnny's lips, his days were looking brighter already.

**~**

Hannah stayed locked up in her room after she arrived home, he knew the other's wouldn't be back for a while. She couldn't get the image of the rider out of her mind. He was, she didn't know what he was. He wasn't from LA she could tell and she wondered what Asian country he was from. The image of Johnny Tran came to mind and she groaned. Like all of them, she wondered where he was, what was he gonna do?

When she heard her family arrive home, followed by a large crowd of people, Hannah shook her head. She stood, walking past her mirror making sure she was semi decent before going downstairs. Once she was at the bottom of the stairs her eyes scanned the crowd that had formed, her lips curled into a smile when Hector winked over at her. She smiled over at him before making her way to the kitchen. Leon, Vince and Jesse were all in there grabbing beers. Jesse smile brightened when he say Hannah leaning against the door frame.

"S'up?" He asked.

"Nothin much, how was it tonight?" Hannah asked.

"D won of course." Jesse laughed, "Did you see that sweet bike?"

"Of course she did" Vince grumbled, "remember that punk stopped and chatted with her."

Leon gave a wearing glance over at Vince but had to give him credit for bringing it up. With all the @#%$ they'd gone through with Tran, an Asian dude just showin up and making a point to talk to his sister..well that didn't sit well with him.

Hannah watched as Vince slowly took a long swig of his beer, "Yes he did."

"The parties out here" Dom laughed appearing behind Hannah. "Come on, ladies are waitin."

Hannah shook her head and turned to the side as Leon, Jesse and Vince passed her. Dom didn't follow as the three of them went back to the party instead he leaned back across from her folding his large arms over his chest.

"How's it going?"

"Fine."

"Something is wrong." Dom told her, he could see it in her eyes.

"Dom I'm fine." Hannah groaned, "What is up with you lately?"

"You haven't been right since we got back from Mexico." Dom urged, "I just don't like seeing you like."

"What do you mean? Seeing me like what? Dom's I'm alright okay, just a lot of @#%$ happened. And if you didn't notice I'm not the only person who's changed." Hannah hissed at him, she wasn't so much angry at him but at herself. "Every single one of us is different, and none of us will be able to forget what happened."

Dom watched as tears swelled in her eyes, "Hannah..I...." He reached out to her but she was already pushing her way through the crowd.

Hannah ran to her room, falling back against the door once she was safe inside her room. Tears rushing down her cheeks; it was all becoming to much for her. She was finding it harder and harder to keep her secret locked inside. Everyone would hate her, yet not as much as she hated herself.

**~**

Ling sat in the dark, his eyes watching over the night sky. He finished off his beer before kicking off his boots. With a heavy hearted sigh, Ling leaned back against the pillows on his king size bed. He closed his eyes only for a moment but then opened then again. The image of Qi Lou making love with someone else was still burning into him. Still he could not understand what had happened, how she could hurt him so. She'd given him hope; hope that he could be loved without any conditions. Not even his parents had given that. When he closed his eyes again, instead of Qi Lou was the girl from this evening, her eyes, so dark, so full of pain. He was reminded of Sheng, he'd carried such eyes with him until the day life was taken from him. A single tear feel down his cheek before he finally found sleep.

TBC

fun

Expired Sarnie
I was obsessed with Mars too, but you went way beyond. I just notice you SN too. :loool:

Another story to add on to read, eh. Still working on mine so I will catch up with this later.

Raiya

sarNie Adult
OMG Chen! Another story! Woo hoo...this section is blowing up with authors...love it!!!

K gotta go back and read the story now LOL! :lol:

chenling

sarNie Adult
i haven't read it yet but dis is funnie ... i never heard of rated pg 13 up to R LMAO
lol..you crack me up sarn...gotta show the rating you've never seen fics with rating from PG- 13 to R...I just want everybody to know that R for violence and maybe other things..lol..

sarN

sarNie Granny
when Mar was out i addicted to the dark romance of the series too!! ahh...i like it so far . espeaicalllly the begin it so heart wenching ..im goin finsh it offf....you are so good girl .

cecilia

Staff member
hm. i did not finish or start mars .. not sure if i wanna read this .. maybe when i'm down from the fever. i will come back and enjoy them :)

chenling

sarNie Adult
Chapters 2-3

**~**

Like most Saturdays before, Hannah was up early and at the shop. She had a couple of things she wanted to work on without the rest of the guys. This was the time where she could think, where she could feel some kind of peace. After turning on the stereo and placing the Garden State Soundtrack in, she pulled the car she wanted to work up and began working.

Hannah worked for a couple of hours before the growling of her stomach was too loud to ignore. She kicked off the music and washed up before locking up the shop and going for some food. After driving for ten minutes, Hannah finally decided on a small diner .

She settled on one of three vacant stools and pulled off her shades. An older lady came up offering a smile and a menu. Her eyes were glued to the menu until she heard a bike pulling up, Hannah turned and was shocked to see the man from the night before. She quickly turned back and swallowed, all the sudden the wide open space was growing smaller. Grow up! She warned herself, what is wrong with you? You're a grown woman and he's just a guy nothing more!

Ling pulled off his helmet while slowly getting off his bike. He looked around before going inside, he'd had the strangest feeling he was being followed. Ignoring a couple of looks he got, Ling settled at the bar, sliding into the stool and placing his helmet on the counter.

"Here you go" A women with graying hair appeared in front of him with a warm smile. "You doin alright?"

Ling nodded a smiled slightly, "Yes thank you." His dark eyes skimmed the menu quickly before ordering, "Club sandwich with fries."

"And to drink?" The lady asked.

"Water is fine." He said while handing her the menu.

Ling turned a little wanting to give the place a good look over, his gazed stopped on the women sitting a seat over from him. She was biting down on her bottom lip while starring at the menu. He smiled as he watched the waitress come to her and ask if she was ready to order.

Hannah felt his eyes watching her which made nervous, she looked up after the waitress asked her what she wanted. All the sudden, Hannah wasn't so hungry anymore.

"Umm" Hannah looked back at the menu, "Cheese burger and fries, ummm...and a chocolate shake too."

The waitress smiled as she took Hannah's menu, Hannah found herself having a hard time letting go. She finally gave it up after hearing Ling's chuckle. Knowing it wasn't the right thing to do, Hannah looked over and saw him. She bit down on her lip as a wave of heat washed over her. Quickly she turned back and starred at the counter, her cheeks were turning pink.

Ling was stunned, it was the girl from the night before. She'd plagued his dreams during the night and now she was sitting next to him in the flesh. Fate, he cursed the word. Nothing was fate, life was simple. The color filling her cheeks made him smile as he turned once his drink was placed before him.

Hannah jumped a little when her cell began to ring, she growled while pulling it out on her bag. "Hello."

"Where are you?" She rolled her eyes when she heard her brother's voice.

"I'm eating Lee, whacha you doing?"

"Nothing, just wondered where you were. Vince is looking for ya."

"Why?" Hannah asked with a little edge in her voice, she couldn't understand why Vince would be looking for her.

"I don't know... DAMN, he just was. He's going to the shop in a while so I guess you get to ask him why then." Leon growled before telling her bye and hanging up.

"Ass" she hissed as she put her cell back into her bag. Hannah decided she was going to talk to the mystery man beside her, he'd been on her mind all day long. Finally after waiting what seemed forever, she turned to him and spoke.

"Do you remember me?" She asked with a confident voice.

Ling turned to look at her, "Yes."

His soft voice caused a chill to crawl her spin, "Why did you talk to me last night?"

"I saw something." He answered her, "Your eyes."

"My eyes?" Hannah mused over his words.

"Yes." Ling nodded before he saw his food coming. "Thank you." He smiled up at the waitress before beginning his meal.

Hannah groaned a little, "Uh..." She didn't know what to say, so she waited for her food.

Both ate in silence, Hannah forced herself not to glance over at him. She was mentally kicking herself for speaking to him, she stupidly thought by talking it would somehow stop her new found obsession with him. The very brief conversation, if you could even call it a conversation only made her want more. She shook her head, why was she acting like this. Yes, he was attractive. His dark eyes almost black, his dark hair falling to shoulders, his full lips and his skin. He was oozing mystery and danger. Without knowing it, Hannah had turned her gaze and was staring.

Ling finished his meal and whipped his mouth with his napkin before looking over at Hannah, "Chen Ling." He reached out and offered her his hand.

"Uh" Hannah snapped back to reality and felt like an ass, he'd just caught her staring. "Hannah Marciano." She finally stuttered out while taking his hand. His large hand engulfed around hers, electricity seemed to charge throughout her body. Hannah had never had this sort of reaction for shaking someone's hand, even when she'd held a boys hand, nothing like this feeling had taken over her.

Ling felt the same surge and quickly pulled his hand away, "It's a pleasure" He bowed his hand a little.

"Ch..."

"Ling" He told her.

"Ling" Hannah repeated the name over and over in her head, "Nice to put a name with those eyes." She bit down on her lip, what a stupid thing to say.

"Glad I could help, now your eyes also have a name." Ling added, "Never worry about what you want to say, words are locked inside and sometimes do more harm then good."

"Do you always talk like that?" Hannah asked before hearing the sound of a very familiar car pulling up. She turned and saw Vince getting out of his car. "Great." She said under her breath.

Ling followed her gaze and watched her reaction, "Is there a problem?"

"No." She shook her head before turning to face the counter.

Vince had called Leon to see if he'd gotten in touch with Hannah, when hearing she was eating. He decided to drive around and see where she was. His blue eyes scanned the parking lots off the main strip and he finally found her car. What also jumped out was the bike that was parked a space away. That bike, it looked like the Asian's dudes bike from night before. He pulled into the vacant spot between and got out. He kicked the ground a little while looking more closely at the bike. It was the same bike, he growled while walking inside the diner.

He stopped when seeing Hannah sitting a couple of seats away from the guy. No @#%$ way! Vince stalked over and sat in between them, he locked eyes with the Asian before looking over at Hannah.

"S'up?"

"Hey Vince" she gave him a quick look before drinking the rest of shake.

"Soo" He placed his large arms on the counter in front of him. "What's up?" The sharpness of his tone evident to everyone.

"Eating and you?" Hannah turned in her seat to face him.

"Just was looking for ya but seems someone else found you." Vince glared over at Ling.

Hannah rolled her eyes, why was he acting like this. "So" she touched Vince's shoulder, "What did you want?"

"The question is what does HE want?" Vince growled while still staring at Ling.

Ling pulled some cash from his wallet and handed it over to the waitress when she came by. "Thanks" He stood slowly and grabbed his helmet before walking past Vince, never giving him a glance. He stopped at Hannah and her eyes grew wide, "It was a pleasure Hannah." He told her.

Ling was about to leave but he stopped looking back at Hannah, he reached out and whipped a smug of shake that was on her bottom lip. Slowly his finger tip dragged across her lip and he watched her eyes get even bigger. His brought his finger to his lips and cleaned it. Then he walked away.

Vince was by now turned all the way around with his feet dragging the floor watching the guy speak to Hannah. He blood was already boiling but when the dude touched her lip, Vince stood. The guy never looked at him, never reacted just walked off. "Who the @#%$ was that?" Vince asked his voice low and gravely.

"No one." Hannah was still in a daze, "A stranger."

"Didn't look like it." Vince turned to her, "Hey."

Hannah licked her lips then looked over at Vince, "What?"

"You going back to work?" He asked while finally sitting down.

"Yeah" She rolled her eyes, "What is with everyone?" Hannah huffed while standing and giving the waitress some money. "Vince, I'm not trying to be a bitch but why can't everyone just leave me alone?"

"So you can talk to that @#%$ but not to me?" Vince growled while she grabbed her bag.

"Why are you like this? Can't you go off and fool with whatever skank you're sleeping with?" Hannah hissed before walking off.

**~**

Ling watched from outside as Hannah stormed away from the man inside. He found himself wanting to know who this guy was to her. Fighting back the urge to wait for her and ask, Ling started his bike and pulled out the parking lot. Not even a half a mile down the strip Ling saw a car following him. He smiled knowing who it was, Johnny Tran. He'd just wondered what took his old friend so long.

He rode a little while longer before pulling into a parking lot and sitting. A few moments passed and the car in question pulled right beside him. Ling pulled off his helmet and waited. Johnny snickered then stepped out of his car.

"My brother" Johnny called out while walking over to Ling.

"Master Tran" Ling chuckled while reaching out his hand, "You look the same as when we were twelve."

Johnny flashed a smile, "Aww but the mighty Chen Ling was the badest of them all." Johnny took Ling's hand. "Damn it's good to see you."

"You're bigger then last time I saw you Tran." Ling commented, "American girls like bigger guys, more muscle then brain."

"Bitches are all the same Ling, all of them. How long you staying?" Johnny asked while leaning against his car.

"A while I guess, gonna start racing next month." Ling said while getting off his bike.

"I heard you were almost married what happened? Why you here?" Johnny asked.

"Girls are all the same you know." Ling answered.

"A girl dumping Master Chen?" Johnny teased.

"Something like that." Ling told him, "So how is your family?"

"Stuck in Hong Kong and not here thankfully, the old man's given me complete control." Johnny boasted.

"A little bird carried it all the way to Taipei that you were in jail for a while."

"Yeah not too long, a misunderstanding that will be taken care of." Johnny narrowed his gaze, "Let's not talk of that. Since the famous Chen Ling is back in LA I think a party should be arranged."

**~**

When Vince got home he stormed into the house, slamming the door after he entered. Leon, Dom and Jesse were watching a race on the television. All three of their heads turned as Vince came in.

"Damn bro" Leon commented seeing Vince's face.

"What's up?" Dom asked.

"Nothing." Vince growled softly while going to the kitchen and grabbing a Corona. He came back into the living room and flopped down on the couch.

"You find Hannah?" Jesse asked.

"Yeah" he answered between sips.

"And?" Leon rolled his eyes.

"She was eating with that fucking Asian dude from last night." He barked.

"What?" Leon growled.

"That dude from last night was there sitting a seat away from her. He talked to her right in front on me." Vince told him.

"D, you think Tran is back? Jesse said as his face went white, he could still feel the sharp pain of Tran's bullets.

"I don't know but I guess we better find out. Dom announced while standing, I'll call Edwin and Hector to see what's up. Lee you better talk to Hannah and let her know that Tran might be back. She'll need to stay away from this guy.

Leon nodded while getting up, "I'll go talk to her."

**~**

Hannah groaned when hearing her brothers car pulling up, she'd been wondering how long it would take for one of them to show up. She knew Vince had gone back and told the rest of them....why? All of them acted like she was a child, hell she was only a year younger then Leon and two years older then Letty and Mia. It was always like that, every since they were barely teenagers, Hannah was the smallest, so therefore she was the child.

Hannah stood while wiping the grease off her hands as Leon came into the shop. ''Lee what a surprise." She didn't hide the sarcastic tone.

"Vince told me you were talking with some Asian." Leon looked at her like a father would. Giving her that 'you know you did something wrong' look.

"Yeah, I spoke to a guy so?" Hannah crossed her hands over her chest.

"You know we don't need to get friendly with any..." Leon started but stopped when Hannah growled.

"With what? A man, yeah who happens to be Asian. What the hell does that have to do with anything. Damnit Lee it's my @#%$ life!"

"Shit Hannah! He could be a Tran for all we know, Johnny's been gone for a while but we all know he ain't gonna stay gone forever. We don't need..."

Again Hannah cut him off, "Whoa....we don't..Leon" She pushed herself off the car she was leaning on and walked closer to her brother. "if you hadn't noticed I am a grown woman. And I can make my own decision. Don't ever try to tell me who I can and can not talk to. You're not my father, none of you guys are."

"Jesus Hannah just listen to me." Leon yelled. "Can't you see he is bad news."

Tears began swelling in Hannah's eyes, "You know what Lee, when I looked into his eyes, I never felt more at peace in my life."

Leon was shocked at the look in his sisters eyes, he never seen this side of her. She looked so hurt, so fragile. "Hannah, what's.."

"Leon just don't...." Hannah put up her hands, "I need to finish this okay. Everything will be alright okay?" She flashed him a smile.

**~**

Leon without another word left his sister alone, something deep down inside told him too. He sat in his car for a while after arriving home, wondering what in the world had changed his little sister. A part of him was angry not at her but himself for being so wrapped up in the teams drama that he didn't notice what had happened to Hannah. Finally, he went inside and saw Dom.

"You talk to her?"

"Yeah, it's nothing." Leon lied, he knew Hannah would see that guy again but couldn't and wouldn't let Dom or any of them know.

"Good. She's been working so hard." Dom added.

"Yeah" Leon smiled, "She could use some time off."

"I know" Dom smiled, "I set something up okay."

Leon flashed his killer smile at Dom before going into the kitchen and grabbing a coke. "S'up" He asked while ruffling Jesse's hair. The boy genius laughed a little but never stopped playing on his computer.

"Hannah coming home soon?" Vince asked while walking out from the hallway.

"I think so." Leon answered while sitting down across from Jesse.

"Uhh V?" Jesse asked while peaking up from his lab-top.

"Wha?" Vince grumbled while looking in the fridge.

"Why you all wondering about Hannah all the sudden?"

Leon watched as Vince slowly pulled back from the fridge, "No reason."

"Oh." Jesse fought back a grin before going back to his computer.

It then struck Leon, as he watched as Vince avoided the subject of him and Hannah. His friend, no his brother was hiding something. Pushing all worries out of his mind, Leon focused on Jesse and thanked God again that his little brother was alive.

**~**

Later that night, Dom got a call from Hector. He confirmed it that Tran was back. Dom thanked Hector then quickly got off the phone. He felt the heavy weight against his shoulders and wondered how he would tell them...Jesse that Johnny was back. Letty was fresh from a shower, she walked into the room and knew something was wrong with Dom.

"Baby what is it?" She frowned when seeing Dom's face.

"He's back, Hector just called. He also sent word he wants us.." Dom said while standing and walking over to Letty. "all of us to go to his home tonight. He's having a celebration, he wants to end it with us."

"Dom I don't think that wise." Letty said worriedly, "I mean, I just.."

Dom wrapped his strong arms around Letty's slender waist and pulled her against him. "I know but we have to go. At least to show him we aren't afraid."

"I guess but Jesse." Letty shook her head softly, "He's still gets pale when we mention Johnny's name."

"I know but I won't let anything happen to any of you." Dom whispered low before placing a soft kiss on her lips.

**~**

It didn't take too long for all of the Toretto team to find out they were going to a party. All of them, mostly Jesse was scared. And he had every right to be, it was Johnny, well his cousin Lance that had almost killed him. But he saw the look in Dom's eyes and knew nothing would happen so he went. Hannah also agreed to go, something told her she needed to.

**~**

"Nice party" Ling commented as his eyes scanned Johnny's home. There were people dancing to loud music, drinks being poured..all in all the crowd was having a good time.

"Glad Master Chen likes it." Johnny teased. "I've invited some special guest as well." He through Ling a mischievous grin.

"Who?" Ling had to ask.

"Dominic Toretto and his crew." Johnny told him then motioned for Ling to follow. They found a couple of free spots by the bar. Johnny leaned against it after telling the bartender he needed a couple of beers. "So Ling, you see anything you like?"

Ling smiled, "No."

Johnny smirked before grabbing the beers. "Here." he handed Ling a beer. "There is a lot of sweet ass here tonight. You wanna delicate flower for Hong Kong, or All American apple pie?"

"Why so crude Tran?" Ling took a sip of his beer.

"It's nothing really, just that's how the chicks are here. They aren't shy about what they want or who they want." Johnny told him.

"What's up with this Toretto person?" Ling asked, he could see Johnny's eyes scanning the crowd.

"Dom and I use to do business together that's all."

"And what happened?"

Johnny glanced over at Ling, "He got me sent to prison."

"I see" Ling sighed, "So why invite him?"

"Let's just say I need to get a message across." Johnny smiled.

"Playing game now are we?" Ling raised his eyebrow.

"Always" Johnny winked.

Johnny smirked once seeing Dom and his crew had arrived. He motioned with his head and Ling turned. Apart of him wasn't surprised when seeing the group from before. He'd known they were at the top just didn't know they'd went up against Tran. He couldn't help looking them over...he was about to turn his gaze until his dark eyes found her. Hannah, he replayed her name in his mind. She was standing next to the other female with her head down. When she looked up, her eyes locked with his. His pulse quickened as she held his gaze, she quickly turned away as the rest of the crew began to mingle with the other guest.

"That's Dominic Toretto and his crew." Johnny chuckled, "the girl wrapped around him is Letty, his girlfriend. The big guy on his other side is Vince, the smart ass looking one is Leon and the little one, that's Jesse."

"And girl's name?" Ling raised an eyebrow.

"Hannah. She's a delicate little one, Leon's little sister." Johnny through out. "She's the key." Johnny winked at him before walking towards Dom.

Hannah watched as Johnny Tran pushed his way through towards them. She then noticed Ling again. What was he doing there? She couldn't help but ask herself. Thankfully, Vince hadn't seen him..no doubt he'd of said something by now. When Johnny was face to face with Dom, Hannah wanted nothing more to move away but didn't.

"Welcome." Johnny raised up his hands, "Didn't think you'd show up Toretto but I'm so glad you did."

"Why did you want see us?" Dom asked.

"Oh nothing just wanted to put aside all those ugly rumors bout us."

Dom nodded, "Alright and?"

"Still doubting me Dominic?" Johnny's tone darkened. "I think you should have a little more faith in me."

"Really?" Dom looked around seeing the place filled with all of Tran's men. "Let's talk alone then?"

"Dom" Letty pulled on Dom's arm.

"Not now, tonight we enjoy ourselves." Johnny smiled motioning for them to go to his bar. The group then walked past Johnny each of them getting a nod. He put his hand out when Hannah was just past him. "Wait."

Hannah was pulled back to him. "I hope that you and I could see more of one another now that I'm back in town."

"Why?" Hannah jerked out of his grasp.

"Such a pretty young girl around those rough necks, I'm sure Vince couldn't treat you as well as I could." Johnny purred close to her ear.

"Drop dead" Hannah growled before walking away.

Ling watched closely as Johnny spoke to Dom and then to Hannah. There was a odd feeling coiling in his stomach as Johnny watched Hannah walk away. Pushing those feelings off, he walked over patted Johnny on the shoulder.

"That seemed not to go the way you wanted?" Ling asked.

"In due time Ling." Johnny remarked before re-fixing his gaze on Hannah.

**~**

Hannah stood silent as her family slowly began mingling, Dom, Letty and Vince were off once seeing Hector and Edwin. Leon and Jesse caught the attention of a couple of girls and soon Hannah was alone. It seemed that Vince hadn't seen Ling. She frowned a little wondering if she should go and find him. Swallowing hard, Hannah lifted head and found him standing in front of her. His dark brown eyes slowly scanned her from top to bottom, normally she'd of objected but she didn't mind. Ling felt his heart stop as his eyes moved over her, she wore a pair of fitted vintage jeans and a silky thin strapped top that fell just above the rim of her jeans. Her top was a soft shade of pink that matched her heels which were peaking out from under her jeans. Gone was her messy bun, her hair falling down her shoulders. She wore a mass of light to dark pink bracelets on her left wrist, Ling wondered why all the guys at this party weren't after her. Hannah looked like a model, not over done with a ton of make-up but natural, she looked beautiful.

"Hi" She said softly, his gaze was making her blush.

"Hi" Ling smiled, "How are you?"

" I'm good. Sooo...How do you know Tran?" Hannah questioned, "I'm feeling more and more like I shouldn't be talking to you."

"I'm not that bad" He teased, "Wanna take a walk?" Ling offered.

"Only if you answer the question." She raised a brow.

"Deal" Ling said while reaching his hand out to hers, "follow me."

Hannah followed Ling outside, her cheeks were still aflame. It was silly, she felt like a school girl chasing after the bad boy everyone told her to stay away from. He wore a pair of blue almost black looking jeans, boots and a light blue long sleeved shirt. With all the flashy clothed people at Tran's party, one would have thought Ling would have looked out of place but he didn't. He was the most handsome man Hannah had ever seen.

"Your staring" Ling smiled, "I look that bad?"

Again she blushed making his smile grow wider, "No, you look fine." Hannah stopped while her forehead crinkled, "I want my answer, you promised."

"I know."

"Sooo?" Hannah folded her arms over her chest. "I'm waiting."

"When I was younger, I lived here in the states and Tran was my neighbor."

"I'm so sorry for you" Hannah said not really caring hold close of friend Ling and Tran were.

"You don't like him?" Ling asked but it wasn't really a question, he already could read what she thought and felt for Tran.

"There's a lot of history, bad blood between our families that's all." Hannah told him. "Why did you come back?"

"Only one question" Ling teased, "the deal was for one only."

~~*~~

TBC

chenling

sarNie Adult
Chapter 4

This was nice, Hannah thought, she was for once not thinking, dwelling...she was having fun, she was enjoying another persons company. The smile covering Ling's face told it was the same for him. She forgot that she was at Johnny Tran's house, forgot all that happened to her family, forgot that it was all because of her. The only thing Hannah wanted to focus on was him.

"Come one answer the question." Hannah gave him her sweetest smile.

"That smile isn't gonna work on me." He then teased back, "You wanna get outta here?"

The question caused her smile to fade, "Uh?"

"Yes or No?" Ling noted, "I'd like to show you something."

Hannah bit down on her lip, she knew she shouldn't but did she want too? Hell yes, the thought of spending time with the one person she'd connected with in gods know how long..that was like a dream come true.

"Sure thing but I don't wanna go back inside." Hannah lowered her head knowing she must seem like a teenager afraid of telling her parents she wanted to leave to big party.

Ling laughed, "I know the back way out of here." He reached out and took her hand in his, inching his face closer to hers. "It'll be alright."

Was he saying that to himself or to her? Hannah didn't know, all she knew was the look in his eyes made her want to follow him to ends of the earth. She nodded before he pulled her swiftly behind him. Hannah through back one last look before they made their way onto the Tran's grounds and back around the main house.

"Ummm Here" Ling said while giving Hannah his helmet, "Only got one helmet." He told her while getting on his bike.

Hannah smiled and took the helmet, inhaling the his scent that was lingering on his helmet. Jesus, she told herself! Even his helmet smells good. She pulled it on and tighten it before Ling told her to wrap her arms around his waist. Hannah didn't have time to say anything, Ling started up the bike and was off. She grabbed hold and held on tight making him smile. He liked the way her body settled against his, it was strange, Qi Lou had never held him this way...all the times she'd ridden behind him and never had her arms encircled him so..never had he felt at one with her. Shaking the thoughts out of his mind, Ling went faster until they were in the hills.

~~*~~

Leon felt his cell phone vibrating in his pocket, a smiled played on his lips as he pulled it out and answered. "Yeah." Instead of the voice of one of his 'many' lady friends was that of his sister.

"Lee, I left the party don't wait up." She said quickly before hanging up.

"Hannah?" Leon barked, "Damnit." He growled while dialing his sister's cell, when he got her voice mail, he shoved his phone back into his pocket. He knew where she was, he'd seen the Asian guy talking to Johnny when the team had first shown up but he didn't say anything to anyone. You should be worried! Leon told himself, but he wasn't. "Jess" Leon called out motioning for him to come over.

Jesse walked over, "What's up?"

"Hannah left the party, if anyone asked she called Casey to come get her okay?" Leon told him.

"Okay..." Jesse frowned, "Why?"

"Just back me up k? I'll tell ya later."

"Always brother" Jesse nodded before following Leon over to where Dom and the rest of the team were.

"How long we stayin?" Vince growled, he began feeling out of sorts. There were way too many of Tran's men lurking around. He noticed Leon and Jesse walking up without Hannah, "Where's Hannah?"

"She's with Casey." Leon answered, "When we leavin D?"

"Casey?" Vince huffed, "Thought she didn't talk to her much anymore?" He had feeling Leon was hiding something.

Leon rolled his eyes, "V I don't freakin keep up with her friends, she wanted to leave so Casey came and got her."

"Isn't there a race tonight?" Jesse piped in not wanting to keep the conversation on Hannah's whereabouts.

"Yeah, Edwin just told me where. Let's tell our host bye then we're out." Dom told them.

~~*~~

Johnny watched as Dom and the others walked over to him, he noted that Hannah was nowhere to be seen. He gave Dom a smirk as he came to stand in front of him.

"Leaving so soon Toretto?"

"Yeah gotta race tonight, thanks for the invite" Dom told him, "Call me when you want to talk."

"Don't worry I will." Johnny chuckled before walking away.

"I hate that @#%$ dude!" Letty growled, "He's got something up his sleeve."

"I know baby, I know." Dom groaned.

~~*~~

"She left"

Johnny turned to one of his men, "I know that, with whom?"

"Your friend." The young Asian told him.

"With Chen Ling?"

"Yes sir."

Johnny without a word turned and stormed off, he pulled out his cell and called a couple of his men. He told them to find Chen Ling and follow him without being seen. What are you playing at Ling? Johnny thought to himself. Although happy about Ling being back, he did not need his friend mixed up with a Toretto, especially Hannah.

~~*~~

"Too fast for ya?" Ling yelled over his bike as he sped down the freeway.

"You wish!" Hannah laughed, "My car can go faster." She snickered, but when Ling pushed the bike harder she held onto him tighter, "Whoa..."

"Haha.." He chuckled.

They drove for a while, Hannah didn't care, she loved being with him, speeding down the highway not knowing where she would end up. He drove into the mountains before finally stopping. Hannah smiled when seeing the shoreline, "The beach?"

Ling laughed as he pulled the back in the vacant lot, he cut the bike off then slide off. Hannah laughed while taking his helmet off, she place it down on the seat before running her hands through her hair. "The hair is still fine." He teased.

"So is yours" Hannah snickered then looked over the beach, "So this is what you wanted to show me?" She asked while slipping her shoes off. Leaving them behind, Hannah walked slowly towards the water enjoying the sand engulfing her feet. She stopped short of the water and turned back to find Ling watching her. "What?"

"Nothing" he sighed before joining her, "It's peaceful here."

"It is" Hannah smiled while watching the water hitting the shore.

"Come" Ling surprised her by taking her hand pulling her to sit next to him.

They sat together for a while, neither of them saying anything, both sets of eyes fixed on the sea before them. The cool night air washing over them as if they were being absolved of their sins, Hannah looked over watching the expression on Ling's face.

"What is it?" She asked, her voice filled with concern.

"This reminds me of Taiwan." He said with such sadness in his voice.

"You sound sad?"

"It's not that.." Ling looked down then over at Hannah, "My brother and I, use to go to the beach often. He would draw like always while I would run as fast and I could up and down the beach." He chuckled while lowering his head again, "I was always running and Sheng was always watching me."

"Where is your...." She could not finished her question.

"He is dead" Ling looked up, "He killed himself."

"I'm sorry" Hannah turned away.

"It's alright" Ling said in barely a whisper while looking back at her. "Why are you so sad most of the time?"

Hannah cut him a glare, put off that he could read her so well, "What?"

"I can see it, in your eyes." He told her.

"Have you ever kept something inside for so long that you felt it eating away at you?" Hannah asked. "Something so bad it could destroy your entire life."

"Yes I do" Ling could feel himself reacting to her, he didn't know why but he felt he had to make her feel better. He felt he needed to protect her. "We all hold secrets inside but you can't blame yourself...that is what you're doing?"

"Ling" her voice was so shaky, "I almost killed my family." Tears swelling in her eyes, "I knew what they were doing, I helped even but never told them to stop and it was all going so fast." Hannah lowered her head, not wanting him to see her cry.

Ling reached out, placing his arm around her shoulder and gently pulled her to him. He did not speak as she snuggled up against the warmth of his body and cried. Hannah wrapped her arms tightly around Ling's body, feeling as though her life depending on her holding onto him. The feel of his hands slowly rubbing up and down her arm and back only aided her release. She wept and was not ashamed to do so, his arms felt safe, his arms felt like home.

"I'm sorry" she sniffled while looking up at him, "I cried all over you."

"There is no need to feel sorry" he smiled while whipping her cheek. "I hope you feel a bit better now."

Hannah nodded a little before her eyes locked with his. She could see concern in his dark orbs, "I do, thank you."

~~*~~

Johnny listened as his man told him what Ling and Hannah were doing. He ordered him to watch the two until Ling dropped Hannah off. After the call ended Johnny throw his cell on his bed.

"@#%$" He snarled while placing his hands on his hips.

"What's the matter?"

Johnny turned, his eyes moving slowly over the form of the young woman who was lying seductively on his bed. "Nothing you should concern yourself with." He snorted then smiled as he began pulling his clothes off. "Take your clothes off."

"Only if you ask nicely." The blonde purred up at him.

"Alright" Johnny chuckled while walking around to her side of the bed, he was unbuttoning his shirt as he did so. When he came to stand next to her she smiled up at him. "Nicely huh?"

"Uh huh" she nodded, then yelped as he reached down and yanked her up against him.

"Take your @#%$ clothes off..how is that?" He growled at her.

~~*~~

Chapter 5

Hannah stood taping the heel of her shoe against the sidewalk in front of her home. She was nervous, very nervous, Ling was leaning against his bike with his arms folded over his chest watching her closely.

"Stop it" He chuckled softly while reaching out and taking her hands in his, slowly pulling her closer to him. "Don't look away" he lowered his head trying to make eye contact.

Hannah slowly lifting her head, "What are we doing?" She really didn't know, she knew she liked him. She knew she wanted to see more of him. Her eyes darted down to her hands at feel of his thumbs moving across her skin. When she looked back up, Ling pulled away letting go of her hands.

"I'm sorry." he lowered his head as if he'd done something wrong.

"Ling?" Hannah was reacting now, she placed her hand on his cheek making him to look at her.

"There is so much I want to tell you" Ling told her, "I...."

"You'll tell me when you're ready." She moved back a little, letting her hand fall from his cheek. A pair of strong arms came to engulf her. Hannah found herself pressed into Ling's chest. He whispered something in a language she could not understand while holding her tight.

Ling felt the need to hold this women before him, to have her in his arms. This was not Qi Lou he told himself, this was not just a fling to help he get over his heartbreak. Hannah was the missing piece inside of him, he could already tell that...and he'd only known her for a short time. Was this fate? Was life finally going to give him happiness? Ling did not waste his time thinking, he only held onto her tight and prayed that he would never have to let her go.

When he finally let her go, Hannah breathed. She felt his left hand settled on her hip, his fingers going into her belt loops. His other hand rested on her cheek. The thumping of her heart began to ring louder, is he going to kiss me? Biting down of her lip, Hannah looked away. Ling licked his lips, the sight of her bitting down gently on her lip only added to his desire to kiss her. He ever so slowly pulled her closer, until there lips barely touched.

"You can slap me afterwards if this is too forward." He growled softly before kissing her.

Hannah melted into his kiss, opening her mouth letting his tongue slip inside. She wrapped her arms around his neck letting her hands tangle into his hair. Feeling as though her life depending on it, Hannah gave herself over to the feel of his lips, his body against hers.

~~*~~

Vince balled up a fist while watching Hannah, she was kissing, responding to that Asian guy. The same one from the races, the same from the diner. He growled, this entire evening hadn't worked out the way he thought it would have. Leon, Vince shook his head, he knew Leon had lied. He could read both him and Jesse's face. Pushing off the door frame, Vince moved slowly to back of house, slipping out the back door. He jumped the fence and headed around to the corner, he wanted to finally meet this mystery man.

~~*~~

Hannah watched as Ling rode away she brought her hand to her lips, they were still swollen from Ling's kiss. She felt color rising to her cheeks and she couldn't help but smile. She looked back down the street one last time before going inside.

Ling stopped at the stop sign at the end of Hannah's street, he sat back and pulled out his cell. He programmed in her cell number before slipping in back into his jacket. When he looked back up he saw a figure standing in front of him. The man, the solider. Ling turned his bike off and pulled the helmet from his head.

Vince stood, daring the punk to ride past him. He smirked when the young man turned off his bike and stood. "Why do you keep showing up?" Vince growled.

"I fear the more you push the harder it will be to keep what you want close." Ling told him.

"What the @#%$ is that suppose to mean?"

"She is not a possession" Ling stepped closer, "She is not yours."

Vince stepped forward glaring at Ling, "Stay away from her! Don't make me tell you again!"

Ling bowed his head a little, "Nite."

Vince watched as Ling got on his bike, started it and sped off. He ran his hands through his head before making his way back to the house.

When he got back inside he found Hannah in the kitchen getting some water. She stopped suddenly when seeing him standing across from her.

"Hey." she snorted with a giggle.

"Needed some air." He said while walking around and standing dangerously close to her.

"Okay, we'll goodnight." Hannah moved past him but when his hand came out and grabbed her, she stopped.

"How about I take you out next Frida night?" Vince asked her.

"I have plans" Hannah tried to pull away from him.

"With who, Asian boy?" Vince lowered his face closer to hers.

"His name is Ling and yeah with him." She lied, "Let me go."

"You're not gonna see him anymore understand me!" Vince told her jerking her even closer to him. His blue eyes boring into hers.

"Vince let go me!" Hannah hissed.

He laughed then let go, "Just remember what I told ya and be ready at 7 on Friday!" Vince winked down at her before going to his room.

~~*~~

Ling worried a little about Hannah as he drove home, but knew that man that had warned him only wanted to protect her. He didn't think that he would actually hurt her. He pulled his bike into the lift and tapped his fingers on his seat as he waited. Finally the doors opened and he pulled his bike inside.

"Home so late."

Ling was surprised to find Johnny Tran waiting for him, "Master Tran," He smirked while getting off his bike.

"I wondered why, Chen Ling would take a Toretto from my house without telling me." Johnny said while walking up to Ling.

"She wanted to leave." Ling told him.

"Always the gentlemen Ling." Johnny chuckled, "Please do not take this wrong but I can not have you involve yourself with her. She is of no concern of yours."

Ling smiled then cocked his head to the side, "Johnny do not take this the wrong way.." Ling's soft voice dropped low and dangerous, almost menacing. "Leave Hannah out of this, whatever you have with Dominic Toretto. She is innocent."

"Do not chose that side Master Chen, I will not hold back if you are my enemy." Johnny growled before walking to the lift, "Think about it Ling, is she worth it?"

"She is" Ling answered softly as Johnny entered the lift.

~~*~~

Hannah woke to find her brother sitting in her room, she frowned while sitting up and stretching. "Lee?" her voice was sleepy.

"Hannah tell me about this guy?" Leon asked while leaning forward, his elbows resting on his knees, "I need to know."

"Lee." she whined, "It's early."

"What is he to Tran, Hannah?" Leon raised his voice a little.

Hannah pulled her knees up to her chest wrapping her arms around her comforter, "His is Chen Ling, he's from Taiwan and he lived here when he was younger. That's how he knows Tran."

"How close are they?"

"I got the feeling they aren't that close."

Leon sighed before getting up, he walked over and sat next to her. "Hannah, you know it's not wise to get involved with him."

"He's not a Tran Lee" Hannah shook her head, "He's not Johnny."

"It all looks wrong Hannah can't you see that?"

"Leon he's different!" Hannah argued, "Just trust me okay?"

Leon could see how much his sister believed this guy, "I won't tell the others just promise me you'll be careful."

"I will Lee."

"I'll kill him if he hurts ya." Leon growled.

"Lee" Hannah rolled her eyes then chuckled, "You sound like a dad."

"You're my baby girl you know that." He teased while putting his arm around her, hugging her. "I know for a long time I was wrapped up in the game...but you know if there is ever anything you need to talk about you can. I won't get mad."

"I know" Hannah snuggled closer to her brother. "I love you Leon."

Leon smiled before kissing the top of her head, "Love you too munchkin. You hungry? I'll cook ya something..so get up." Leon winked at her while getting up from her bed.

Hannah smiled as he left and then once the door was shut she felt the sting of guilt hit her. She should have told him, but she couldn't. She was so afraid he would turn his back to her, she was so scared to face him, all of them. Ling's voice then played in her mind, his words played over and over as she began to feel better. He gave her hope. Hope that she could let go of the past, hope that she could face the truth and not lose the ones she loved. Not right now but sometime soon, Hannah knew she'd have the courage to tell her family what she had done.

Finding a smile back on her face, Hannah got up and went to the shower. She stood there for a while letting the warm water hit her body, she wondered what Ling was doing. Was he thinking about her? Hannah turned around letting the water his her back. She whipped the water out of her face, he's sleeping you silly girl! I wonder what he wanted to tell me last night? Was it about his...maybe a girl! He really wanted to tell me but he couldn't!

~~*~~

Ling rolled over, he opened his eyes and saw the sun peaking into his loft. Slowly he sat up, stretching out his long arms. He whipped his eyes before leaning back against his head board. Another day, he smiled. His eyes went to his bedside table. There sat a picture, the only picture Ling had in his possession. He and his brother in their school uniforms the day they entered their last year of high school. Both of them looking back with huge grins on their faces as one of their classmates nabbed a picture. Sheng looked so happy but yet he wasn't, it was only a few months before.....Ling's smile faded...before Sheng death. He knocked the picture down then got out of bed, he did his best to push his sorrow aside.

Ring, Ring

Ling reached down and grabbed his phone, "Yeah."

"NO" He grumbled into the phone, "I will not speak with her." It was Da Ye, his closet friend in Taiwan. "Da Ye" He swallowed hard, "I can't, it's over. Please tell Qi Lou to forget about me. I've said all I can."

Da Ye was still talking when Ling hung his phone up, he couldn't...he would not speak with Qi Lou, with him so far away from the situation, Ling could see so clearly now. She was not what he needed. If she loved him, as she said she did, she could never had given herself to another man. He growled while dropping his phone onto his bed. It was strange how that chapter of his life seemed so long ago, it seemed Ling had gotten over his heartbreak quicker then thought. He chuckled then, Chen Ling had mistaken caring for love. His heart cared for Qi Lou yes and he could have loved her with everything inside of him but he held back. He could never fully love anyone since his brother died but now that had changed. All his thoughts now were of Hannah, she'd shown such kindness, such concern even when she was going through a hardship in her own life. He felt his heart pleading for her. She is my friend, Ling told himself. She will be my life!

~~*~~

Chapter 6

Vince sat across from Hannah, watching as she ate the breakfast Leon had made for her. She'd look up a couple of times catching him staring, he could see her tense up but she did not say anything. He smirked before getting up, slowly going to the fridge and grabbing some juice. With the glass firmly in his hand, Vince went back to the table carelessly flopping down into his chair.

Hannah finished quickly, she was growing more annoyed at Vince. He was being rude, thinking his cocky.."I'll stare at you until you speak to me" glare would break her. Feeling a bit like a prize fighter about to enter the ring, Hannah grabbed her plate and brought it over to the sink. She washed the plate before going back to her seat.

"What do you think you're doing?" She asked while raising her brow.

"Wha cha mean?" He smiled while before finishing up his juice.

"Don't be an @#%$ Vince" Hannah growled softly.

"Woke up wrong?" Vince teased, "Should have asked me to tuck you end, you'd of slept real good then." He laughed while putting his hands behind his head. "Playing hard to get won't help you out Hannah. I always get what I want."

Hannah stood up, her blood boiling from his words, she never saw him this way. Vince was like her brother, true she'd cared for him& but now thinking back she never really loved him like that. She only thought she loved him. She gripped the table with her hands while leaning forward. "How bout this then?" She cocked her head to the side, "You drop this nonsense of you. I'll hold back the urge to slap your face for bring such a dick. How bout it?"

"Hannah" He growled while standing up.

"Don't" She yelled, "I don't know what has gotten into you lately but you're not the same and I don't like this person you are becoming."

"It's that @#%$ dude right?" Vince asked.

"His name is Ling Vince and my love life...whatever it is. Isn't your business. So stay out of it!" She yelled causing Leon and Jesse to come into the kitchen. Both of the stopped and stared.

"Are you @#%$ him?"

"If I was it's not your business" Hannah growled.

Vince growled before moving around the table, he stopped when Leon stepped between him and Hannah. "Whoa bubba."

Hannah rolled her eyes, "What Vince? Pissed you ain't gettin your way. Like always, grumbling, throwing @#%$ around cause the world isn't what you want."

"Hannah!" Leon turned glaring at her, "Stop it."

"What the @#%$ are you talkin bout." Vince hissed while pushing against Leon.

By now, Dom and Letty were in the doorway watching the exchange. Jesse gave them a half smile before walking up behind Hannah.

"Hannah" he took hold of her arm.

"What Jess? We can't say what we really feel?" She turned to him then looked over at Dom and Letty. "I mean we are a family aren't we?"

"We are babygirl" Dom told her, she was angry and he knew it was then just whatever had happened with her and Vince.

"What is wrong with you, you were never like this." Vince yelled.

Hannah chuckled while putting her hands on her hips, "I grew up Vince. I'm not babygirl anymore. So respect me enough to keep outta my life and leave your opinions to yourself."

"Got cha a new boyfriend and now you gonna talk @#%$." Vince laughed, "Is that what you want to be, a Tran whore?"

"Why not V?" Hannah waved her hands in the air, "I mean you seem pretty altogether being a whore yourself." She laughed, "I mean how does it feel, waking up next to a different person everyday. Being filled with an emptiness that you can never fill."

The room went silent, everyone, even Hannah was shocked by her hurtful words. She watched Vince lowered his face, he stepped back and turned around placing his hands on the edge of the sink.

"Hannah" Leon frowned, "You went too far."

"No I didn't, someone needed to put him in his place. Life isn't like it used to be. We can't go back so we need to deal with it." Hannah said coldly, "I'm not trying to be mean Lee. I'm not. We all need to face the fact that we aren't like we were and we'll never be."

~~*~~

Hannah left the house soon after her fight with Vince, she was still fuming. More and more she felt herself pulling away from them. The Toretto team had been so tight knit for so long that she began to feel suffocated. Most of that, she admitted was her own fault for depending on them to much for so long. Still, Vince had no right to warn her off of seeing someone. Her cell ringing brought her back to reality. A smile came over her face, she looked at the number wasn't one she knew so she thought it was Ling.

"Chen Ling."

"Johnny Tran." her smiled faded at the sound of Tran's voice.

"Why...how did you get this number?" She growled in the phone.

"I wish to speak with you in person."

"No" Hannah said bluntly, "I've got nothing to discuss with you. So don't call me again."

"Do you really think Ling is interested in you Hannah? He is heartbroken over Qi Lou."

"What?"

Johnny chuckled, "Did Ling not tell you of Qi Lou, his girlfriend of many years? Huh..I would have thought he would have discussed that with you seeing as the two of you are so close..but, you have just only met him."

Hannah gritted her teeth, she shouldn't let Johnny's words get to her but they were. Yes, it was true that she hardly knew Ling but she felt so connected to him. Who was this Qi Lou? Hannah wondered, did Ling really get his heartbroken? Shaking her head she growled at Johnny. "What is your point?"

"Everyone has secrets Hannah, I think you should look more closely at Ling. I also think you should look more closely at yourself." He purred.

"You do like the sound of your own voice." She spat into the phone, "Just come and say what you want to say."

"Meet me Friday night, 11:00 pm at dock 28 and I'll tell you everything." Johnny told her.

"And if I don't?" She got an attitude.

"Let's just say if you don't come, I'll tell Dominic who really started everything. Understand?" Johnny coldly told her.

Hannah face grew pale, "Huh?"

"You heard me." He chuckled before hanging up.

Hannah placed her phone in the passengers seat she all the sudden felt sick. How did Tran find out? Her thoughts were cut short by her cell ringing again. She grabbed it and answered.

"Yeah!"

"Hannah?"

She felt relieved hearing Ling's soft voice. "Ling."

"What's the matter?" He asked, "Where are you?"

"Tran called me." Hannah told him, "Can I come and see you?"

Johnny...Ling growled softly, "Yes, of course. I live on the corner of Thomas and Banks."

"Yeah, umm what number?"

"The whole thing is mine, just park inside the garage and go and go up the lift." Ling told her.

"Alright, I'll see you soon." Hannah said softly before hanging up.

Ling stood slowly, he hated to hear her upset. He began to pace up and down his flat trying to figure out what Johnny was up to. It seemed Johnny was dead serious about using Hannah for whatever reason, he didn't care though, he wasn't going to let Tran hurt her. Hannah had just come into his life and there wasn't anyway he'd just hand her over to Johnny. Knowing he shouldn't, Ling dialed Johnny cell number.

"Chen Ling." Johnny snickered, "how's life?"

"Tell me why you want Hannah so bad?" Ling asked, "Why not just go after Toretto himself?"

"She started this, Ling. She's the reason Lance is dead, the reason I went to jail for things I didn't do. So if I take her, the others will break. Everyone has to pay sometimes Chen Ling, you of all people should know that." Johnny growled.

"Let this go Johnny, you don't want me as an enemy!" Ling warned, "I won't let you harm her."

"Well then Ling, you should have stayed in Taipei, cause you ain't @#%$ here." Johnny chuckled, "Just re-think you and Hannah Ling, she can't be worth it. I mean look what Qi Lou did to you and Sheng...even he didn't want you anymore. How can she be any different?"

Ling hung his cell up, dropping it on the counter, his face blank as a memory came to mind.

He and Sheng, they couldn't have been more then 12 years old, were playing in the streets when these two white boys came running up. They were older much older, both of them yelling calling he and Sheng horrible names. Ling was the first to set up, he lifted his dark eyes and glared before yelling, telling the boys to leave he and his brother alone. One of them snickered before stepping closer and pushing Ling. Ling stumbled back into his brother, his dark eyes filling with fury. He stood up straight, his eyes never leaving the two boys before him. He smirked, before telling them if he was to ever see them again he would kill them. The boys laughed then ran off. Ling then turned to Sheng, asking if he was alright. Sheng nodded but didn't speak. A couple of days later, Ling rushed out after Sheng only to find his brother lying on the ground being kicked. He froze, hearing his brother crying out in pain sparked something inside. Ling turned running back to his house. He ran back a few minutes later but stopped short, calling out. Three sets of eyes were on him as he walked slowly towards them.

"What?" The blonde headed boy asked seeing Ling walking towards him.

"Sheng, get up." Ling said softly in Chinese.

Sheng nodded then slowly stood then made his way over behind Ling. Ling gave him brother a reassuring look before pulling a gun from the back on his shorts. The two white guys stopped, their eyes widened in fear.

"You enjoyed kicking him?" Ling asked softly while stepping up to the blonde, "Did it make you feel powerful?"

"Uh" was all the blonde said.

Ling pointed the gun into his face, "You will never bother us again. You will never come around seeking to make a fool of us again! If you do, I will kill you. Do you understand?" He pressed the gun into the guys cheek, "I do not care for your life you bastard. I could kill you right now." Ling growled.

"Ling!" The distressed voice of his brother rang loud, "Please Ling don't.'

Ling turned his head seeing his brothers eyes, he saw such fear, such hurt. "Wei?" He asked, "Why do you want me to stop?"

Sheng stepped closer, "Chen Ling, don't."

"Don't" Ling repeated then turned his focus back on the blonde. "Run as fast as you can." He told before counting. The two guys ran off without another word, the sound of Ling laughter making them go faster and faster.

Ling shook his head, the look, the one Sheng had given him. Qi Lou had given him the same one the night he'd caught her with another guy. She feared him, she was hurt by him...it was the same. He felt betrayed, why had the two people closest to him given up so easily, taking the easy way out. Did they not care for him? Did they feel such shame to have known him? Was he the reason they choose a life without him? All the questions played over and over, driving him mad. The lift moving snapped him back into the real world. He turned to see Hannah coming out of the lift. She was broken just like he was, she knew of the darkness coiling inside of him. Ling rushed to her, grabbing her up into his arms hugging her tight. Hannah let out a gasp as Ling grabbed hold of her, she felt herself being wrapped in his strong arms.

"Ling?" she didn't know if there was anything she could say.

He did not answer, she heard a low whisper coming from him. Her eyes widened when she realized he was crying. She bit down on her lip before trying to pull back, she wanted to see his face. Ling would let go. He only gripped her harder.

"NO" he cried out.

Hannah didn't speak from his outburst, she just wrapped her arms around his waist holding him to her. He pulled back finally, his hair falling over tears soaked cheeks. She reached up and pushed the hair out of his face, his eyes were almost black. Gently, Hannah wiped his tears away. Their eyes locked for what seemed like forever. Ling finally turned away, pulling her over to his bed. Hannah followed and settled down beside him. He was staring at his hands.

She felt her heart slamming against her chest, her hands went to his then to his face. Her soft fingers caressed his skin before pushing his long hair behind his ears. He looked like a little boy, his face all red from crying, but still he was beautiful to her. She leaned forward slowly dragging her lips against his. Hannah kissed him gently, when she pulled back she licked her lips. Ling reached out and traced his finger over her lips before reaching his hand around her neck and gently tugging her against him. The kiss that followed was soft, caring..it soon turned fierce, demanding. Hannah didn't know how but she found herself on her back with Ling looming over her. Her hands in his hair pulling him to her hungry lips. Ling pulled back, his eyes sparkly with desire as she returned his heated gaze. He nipped, tugged at her lips before trailing kisses down her and all over her neck. She was like a drug, Ling couldn't get enough. The soft moans of pleasure wasn't helping the situation at all, it only fueled Ling's need to have her.

~~*~~

chenling

sarNie Adult
Chapter 7

Ling felt his body on fire, it took all of his strength but he pulled himself off of her. A soft groan escaped Hannah's lips at the loss of his body and lips against her. She slowly sat up, watching as Ling turned his back to her letting his feet dangle over the side of the bed. His knuckles pressed into the bed spread on either side of him.

"Ling?" She called out and when he did not answer her back, Hannah moved to sit behind him. Her arms went around his shoulders as she pressed herself against him, laying her head on his shoulder.

He smiled as his body relaxed , "I could not forgive myself for pushing you into anything too soon."

"I know."

"A women never gives her heart easily and to give your heart and body at the same time is special."

"Ling.." She smiled while moving around him so their eyes would meet. "I won't lie and tell you I don't want to be with you but I do understand what you mean."

He smiled while running his hand across her cheek, "What shall we do now?"

Hannah grew cold all the sudden, Johnny Tran's voice played in her head. She got up wrapping her arms around herself and went to the window. Ling frowned then followed walking to stand behind her.

"Please tell me what it is, why did Johnny call you?" Ling asked knowing that is what was on her mind.

"I've never told anyone this." Hannah sighed before taking a deep breath and turning. "Dominic was...is...the king of streets. He's been that since his senior year of high school. We've been apart of his family since we were little, Leon, my brother and I, well are mom was a addict and she left us one day. So Dom's parents took us in. Anyway, It was hard, Dom had the shop and the diner and even with all the money from racing..it still wasn't enough. So, we start robbing trucks, big rigs with electronics. He wanted to get in with Tran but soon after they became partner's, things went wrong. Dom began to want more. We all did, he broke it off with Tran and we started getting into the heist deeper and deeper. One night, Leon got into a wreck and almost died, that stopped it for a while but then there we were back doing it again. I called the FBI, they come around after Leon's wreck wanting to know about Tran. Dom had told them to piss off. I called one of the agents and told them about the heist , about how I knew who was doing them. About Tran and his shady dealings. I thought that if the cops came, if the FEDS were involved that Dom and then would stop. But...Jesse almost died, Tran went to jail for something he didn't do instead of what he was doing." She placed her hand over her eyes feeling tears coming. Hannah leaned into Ling, wanting the comfort that only he could give her. When his arms came around her she began to weep.

~~*~~

Sometimes later, Hannah and Ling were lying in his bed. Both enjoying the silence and being wrapped in one another's arms.

"You need to tell your family" Ling finally spoke, "Johnny knows."

"I know" Hannah sighed, "They'll hate me."

"They won't, you did what you did because you worried for them. If they can not understand then that is not your problem." He told her, "Johnny is not going to sit on this information for long. He will want to hurt you , to hurt Dominic."

Hannah knew he was right, "I know." She pulled from his embrace to sit up, "I'm scared to death."

Ling sat up next to her, his arm going around her shoulder, "I know you are but you can't let fear stop you."

"Something else is bothering me Ling."

"What is it?" His voice drenched with concern it made her smile.

"Ling who is Qi Lou?" Hannah asked.

"She was my girlfriend." Ling answered, "She betrayed me and I left."

"I'm sorry" Hannah pulled away, "I shouldn't have asked."

"Why?" Ling pulled her back to face him, "You've bared your soul to me Hannah, why should I not tell you about my past? I wish not to burden you with what happened to me, don't think I didn't want to share it with you."

Hannah could hear the distress in his soft voice, "You don't owe me anything, we've only just met."

"Do I look like that type of person?" Ling growled softly, "Do you think I would use or play with you?"

"No..I just.." Hannah groaned.

"You just what?" Ling gripped her harder, "I am not like the others Hannah, I am not like Johnny. I will not hurt you." He let his grip loosen up, "After my brother killed himself I thought I was all alone, my father and I stopped speaking. I had no one then I meet Da Ye, we started taking some glasses together at university. That's were I met Qi Lou, she was so different from all the other girls. She didn't run after me or throw herself in front of me. I really thought she would never hurt or use me. She drew like my brother, she some what reminded me of him. I really thought I loved her but I didn't. I only cared for her, caring and loving are two different things." Ling stopped, "I'm sorry that was too much."

"No" Hannah gave him a weak smile, "I just see truth when I look at you, you see me for what I am."

Ling indeed saw her for what she was, he also say himself in her eyes. There was link, a connection between them, one that would surely hurt him if it was broken. He seethed at the thought of Johnny or that other man hurting her. He wanted dearly to believe that they could be like this without indecent, that they could stay here and never have to deal with the outside world but he knew that was not possible.

"I feel like you aren't real. That I'll wake up and you won't be here anymore." Hannah interrupted his thoughts then lowered her eyes. "I've never felt this way about anyone."

Ling lowered his head, inching it closer to hers, "If I were to leave, you would be with me."

"Aren't you worried about Tran?" Hannah asked looking up into his dark eyes.

"A little yes but Johnny and I go back aways. I'm sure with some discussion I can sway his thoughts." Ling told her, but felt a surge of anger feel him. He would not let Tran hurt her.

"He wants me to meet him next weekend, I'm sure he'll tell Dom and the rest if I don't go."

"Don't go, I'll deal with him. He's dangerous but I think you already know that." Ling warned, "just please promise me you'll not go anywhere near him by yourself?"

"I promise." She said before laying her head against his chest.

~~*~~

Ling sent Hannah home later that night, he hated to. He wanted to keep her in his arms forever but he knew he couldn't. She needed to deal with her family if she would ever be able to find happiness. He took a shower then decided to call Da Ye, he knew his friend was worried and wanted to put his friends mind at ease.

"Wei?" Ling smiled when hearing his friends voice.

"Da Ye."

The conversation lasted an hour, Ling told Da Ye about L.A., Tran and of course Hannah. He told about the new race season which was about to start. Da Ye in turn told him about life back in Taipei, that Qi Lou was now engaged to the yank she'd been seeing on the side. Ling was silence for a few moments before finally speaking up.

"I am happy for her, she found her happiness. I am alright really Da Ye." Ling smiled into his cell.

~~*~~

Hannah entered her home and was greeted with a cold glare from Vince. Rolling her eyes she went to her room, she flopped on her bed then kicked her flip flop off. A smile played on her lips when thinking of her day, spending all that time with Ling was heaven. Even though she'd finally told someone her deep dark secret, this day had still been the best of her life.

A gentle knock came to her door causing her to sit up, "Come in."

"Hey" Dom said softly while stepping into her room.

"What's up?" Hannah said while sitting Indian style.

"I wanted to talk to you." Dom smiled then sat down on the edge of her bed. "What's going on?"

"You mean why was a bitch to Vince this morning?" Hannah raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah" Dom nodded.

"He was way out of bounds with me D." Hannah told him, "I'm not a little girl anymore. He can't tell me who I can't hang out with."

"Well I think you were out of bounds with him as well Hannah, plus with Tran back in town. Your friendship with this Ling person isn't wise."

"Dom" Hannah groaned, "Ling isn't apart of Tran's gang. He is a...he's my friend."

"It's just" Dom sighed, "I don't want anything to happen to you, any of us."

Hannah felt guilty, "Dom, I'll bring Ling here you can meet him. You'll see that he isn't that bad. Okay?"

"Alright, but don't be mad if everyone is not too happy about it." Dom told her.

~~*~~

When Dom came back downstairs, Vince was up and asking questions.

"So?"

"So what?" Dom laughed.

"What's with her?" Vince growled.

"V, she's pissed off cause you're all in her @#%$." Dom told him. "Look just back off okay."

"Why? That @#%$ Ling person is bad news you know that D!" Vince shook his head, "He's gonna hurt her. I can't believe Lee is cool with this."

"We'll you better deal with it cause he's coming over sometime this week, Hannah wants us to meet him." Dom told Vince.

"No @#%$ way!" Vince barked before storming out of the house.

Chapter 8

The meeting between Ling and Johnny was nothing to write home about. Ling told Johnny to stay away from Hannah, Johnny in turn told Ling the same.

"This seems to be your lucky day" Johnny smirked over at Ling, "I've got a little business trip I must take. I'll be gone for a little while. You enjoy yourself but once I'm back, I'll deal with the Toretto's myself."

"I won't let you hurt her." Ling told him.

"I know but just think about it. Think long and hard while I'm gone." Johnny winked before leaving.

Hannah's stomach was in a knot until Ling phoned her, she felt a small amount of relief when Ling told her that Johnny was leaving for business. She also knew, she had to tell her family, as soon as possible. Pushing off all the nasty feelings, Hannah changed the subject. Ling was hesitate but knew he could not push her into anything, at some point all that she had locked up inside would find its way out. He wished she would tell her family the truth, he could see the guilt she held eating away at her.

~~*~~

One month later, Hannah had finally gotten Ling over to have dinner with her and her family. She'd wanted him over the week that he and Tran had their 'conversation' but schedules wouldn't allow it. She'd enjoyed the past month, Leon and the rest of them hadn't really bugged her about Ling. Vince had keep to himself, or just plain out of her way. He'd been watching though, waiting up nights when Hannah would come home from seeing Ling. Finally, the time was right for Ling to meet the Toretto's.

~~*~~

Ling sat next to Hannah as five pair of eyes glared at him. He felt Hannah reached under the table and grab his hand to comfort him. He smiled over at her before speaking.

"Thank you for having me." He said softly while bowing his head. "I am sorry that it took me so long to come. My schedule has been hectic."

"Huh" Vince snorted.

"The food looks delicious." Ling added.

"So what's your story?" Letty asked.

"Lett" Dom growled softly.

"Wha?" She asked looking over at him, "You don't wanna know?"

"It's alright" Ling chuckled, "I can understand all of you wanting to know about me."

"So?" Leon added.

"I'm from Taiwan, I race bikes, I enjoy spending time with Hannah."

Hannah felt herself blush, "Let's eat."

"No, I wanna know more." Vince chimed in. "How so you know Tran?"

Ling raised his dark gaze, locking eyes with Vince. "My family lived here for seven years. We lived down the street from the Tran family. We hung out, played together as boys do."

"WE?" Vince leaned forward placing his arms on the table.

"My brother, twin brother, Sheng." Ling's face hardened.

"A twin, cool" Jesse pipped in.

"He is dead." Ling said bluntly.

"OOh, I'm sorry." Jesse fumbled.

"There is nothing that will change the fact, no need for an apology." Ling told him.

Everyone was now silent, Hannah looked over at smiled at Ling, he returned the gesture before looking down at his plate.

"The food looks delicious." He commented before picking up his fork and eating.

Ling ate slowly the entire time he was receiving looks from everyone but Hannah and Jesse. He felt like a lab rat which was being tested on but he did not let it bother him. He was more concerned about Hannah if she was enjoying herself. Looking over he smiled seeing her content. She was passing a piece of bread over to Jesse, she looked without a care in the world. A fact that please Chen Ling greatly, he wanted her to feel free, without anything to hold her down.

After dinner, Letty pulled Hannah to help clean up giving Dom, Leon, Vince and Jesse time to pick Ling's brain. Hannah hesitated for a moment but when seeing Ling's eyes she went ahead and left him.

"So?" Dom said while showing Ling to the living room. "Bikes?"

"Yes." Ling nodded then took a seat on the small love seat.

Jesse went to the floor while Leon and Vince went to either ends of the large couch.

"Your bike isn't out here yet!" Jesse offered, "I saw it on the net, it's bad ass."

"Thanks, a friend of mine that I used to race with offered me it." Ling told him.

"How long you been racing?" Leon asked.

"Since I was eleven." Ling answered, "I found my fathers old bike in the garage on my birthday and it's been a long standing affair every since."

"That's how it is with us." Jesse pipped in. "Once you get bitten it's hard to not go out again."

"You work on it as well?" Jesse asked.

"Yeah, I do."

"Sweet." Jesse grin got even wider.

Vince rolled his eyes, Hannah liked him, now Jesse liked him...when was this shit gonna stop. "So how long you stayin?" He grumbled out.

"I really don't know." Ling answered. The soldier was really starting to piss him off, Ling wasn't used to anyone being so disrespectful.

"I mean you like Hannah don't you? Or you just gonna fuck her and leaver her?" Vince snickered.

"V!" Dom and Leon hissed at the same time.

"Wha?" He asked, "I mean don't you wanna know?"

"What Hannah and I do is not of your concern." Ling said in a most serious tone, "And the term fuck would never come up when describing what I would do with Hannah." His dark brown eyes locked with Vince's. "So I would ask you not speak about such matters."

Vince was on his feet before Ling could finish, "Who the fuck do you think you are? Coming in here and takin what ain't yours?"

Ling sighed then stood all the while keeping his gaze on Vince, "Do you treat all women like pieces of puzzle, that you move about as you see fit?"

Vince went to say something but Ling continued now walking up to stand in front of him, "Hannah does not give herself freely and she will never give herself to you." The menacing coldness of Ling's tone ringed clearly in all their ears.

Vince for once felt the need to step back, there was a darkness emanating in Ling's eyes. This man would back up anything he would say and Vince couldn't help but gain respect for Chen Ling. He nodded a quiet response then went to sit back down.

The rest of the men in living were stunned, shocked at the exchange. Each of them watched as Ling returned to his seat just in time as Hannah and Letty came from cleaning up.

~~*~~

Hannah walked Ling to his bike, smiling the entire time. Ling chuckled after they came to stand next to his bike. He turned, leaning his body against it.

"Why are you smiling?"

"You backed down the coyote."

"The coyote?" Ling frowned.

"Vince." Hannah explained as she reached out pushing his bangs out of face, "I love your hair."

"I am thinking of cutting it all off."

"NO!" Hannah snapped at him, then apologized.

Ling cracked a smile, "I was joking."

"Good cause I could stare at your hair all day long." Hannah admitted.

"I'd rather stare at you." He whispered softly before reaching out and pulling her to him. "Thank you this evening."

"I should thank you." Hannah nestled her head against Ling's neck.

"I hate to..." Ling sighed but couldn't finish.

"I know I will tell them." Hannah told him, "I having a feeling very, very soon."

"I am not pushing you, I just know you will feel better when you let go." Ling caressed her cheek, "Your family loves you very much and will understand." He also knew that Tran would be returning in a week. He'd heard around that Johnny was itching to come, he was wanting to take care of some loose ends. The loose end being the Toretto's. "Johnny is returning this week." He finally got out.

Hannah pulled back from his embrace, "What?" Her feelings of content and safety turned to fear.

"I know he'll come and seek his revenge." Ling bluntly told her.

"Then I better fess up." Hannah half chuckled, "I'll call you when I'm done." She swallowed before stepping closer and kissing Ling hard on the lips. Pulling back she smiling, she whispered softly in Taiwanese. "Yin wei ni wo xiang xin/because of you I believe."

Ling went to pull her back into his arms but she was already gone, going to bear her soul.

&&&&&&&&&&&

Chapter 9

Ling hesitated for only a moment before following her; he knew deep down she needed him by her side. He couldn't help but smile when his boots hit the front step on the porch, his eyes lifting to see her holding open the door for him.

"Because of you, I can't leave." He told her softly.

Hannah nodded taking hold of his warm hand as they went inside to face her family.

"He's gone?" Dom asked turning his head once he heard the door open and close. He raised a brow seeing Hannah and Ling side by side, hands entwined. Something told him this wouldn't be good. "Hannah?"

The rest of her family turned, eyes focusing on the couple. Leon stood, along with Jesse and Vince. Letty moved from her seat to go over to Dom who was also standing. She took hold of his arms, she could read the look on his face.

"What's up?" She teasingly asked trying to break the mood.

"Yeah, what's up?" Leon asked.

Hannah swallowed hard and squeezed Ling's hand tight before speaking. "I wanted to tell you all something for a long time."

"What is it?" Leon instantly asked moving closer to her but stopping when she halted him with her hand.

"Wait Lee, Let me finish please." She urged. He nodded and looked at Ling then back at his sister.

"When it started, I really didn't think it would last. We would do the job and then it would be over." She started, her lip beginning to tremble. "I was scared, scared to death that something bad would happen so I choose to not keep the secret any longer."

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Leon frowned, "Hannah?"

"The trucks." She let go of Ling's hand to push her hair out of her face, "Dom?"

"The trucks?" He asked, he looked blankly at her for a moment before looking over at Ling. "She told you?"

"Yes." Ling answered.

"You told him? Did you..?" Dom trailed off, running a hand over his head.

"You told the cops?" Letty barked, "You told them, you brought Brian here?"

Hannah lowering her head was all the answer needed.

"Damn.." Leon cried out, "You, why didn't you come to me? Why?" He yelled stepping closer to her but then he moved back turning to look at Jesse. "Bro."

Jesse pushed past Leon to stand in front of Hannah, "I still feel the bullets, do you know what is was like? I still dream about him coming and killing me."

Hannah couldn't hold back tears as she watched Jesse begin to cry, his entire body shaking. "Jess, I'm sorry..." was all she got out before he ran off, no doubt going to lock himself in his room.

"I knew it." Dom sighed while sitting, "I knew it but I didn't wanna think it was true."

"Did Mia know?" Letty asked, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Lett, I just wanted it all to stop. The Trans would have taken over, we would have become apart of them."

Letty began cursing in Spanish before sitting next to Dom.

Hannah finally looked over at Vince who stood like stone. His blue eyes danced with anger. Once their eyes locked , he moved pushing past Leon to stand in front of her. His eyes left hers for a brief moment, and he grew angrier seeing Ling standing beside her.

"I had too." She offered seeing the anger and hurt in his eyes.

He snorted and pulled back his hand, but before he could hit her, Ling moved and pushed Hannah behind him.

"I know you are in pain," Ling told him, "but if you hurt her then you will deal with me."

"That will work too." Vince growled before hitting Ling.

"V!" Leon yelled grabbing hold of Vince trying to pull him back.

Hannah went to Ling, who was now on his butt holding the left side of his face. "Are you alright?'

"I am fine." He gave her a weak smile before standing.

"Get off me Lee." Vince barked pulling out of Leon's hold, "How could you lie to us?'

Hannah turned from Ling, "I had to; one of us would have died."

"One of us did almost die! Jesse almost died because of you. You think we couldn't deal with Tran?" Vince hissed.

"It was all too much, can't you see that? Weren't you sick of that life?" She asked, shaking her head. "Is that all any of us are worth?"

"Leave." He told her, "Take your boy and go!" Vince narrowed his eyes on Ling. "We'll see one another again."

"I'm not leaving." Hannah yelled up at him, "This is my home!"

"Not anymore!"

Hannah looked over at Dom, "Dom?"

"You hear me, go." He told her.

She felt tears streaming down her face as she looked from him to Leon. "Lee?" He shook his head before turning and walking out of the living room.

"Hannah." Ling took hold of her hand, "Let's go." He tugged a couple of times before she nodded and followed him.

~~*~~

"Wei?" Ling asked, "Hannah?"

Hannah stood in the lift, her head down and her entire body frozen in that spot.

"Come." He grabbed hold her hand pulling her out of the lift and into his apartment.

"Let go." she said softly pulling her hand out of his grasp.

Ling turned to fully face her, "Don't push me away." He reached out, his long fingers caressing her cheek. "Look at me."

Hannah lifted her gaze, tears swelling in her eyes, "I feel empty."

"You aren't, I am here and they will forgive you. They need only time." He offered while tracing her skin. "I will not leave you."

She found no more words could come and gently moved against him letting her herself melt in Ling's embrace. Hannah closed her eyes, breathing in his scent, wishing this man could make her forget all the bad things that had happened. It scared her, knowing he held such power over her but she could not deny her love for him.

TBC

chenling

sarNie Adult
Chapter 10

"Jesse?" Leon whispered pushing open his best friend's bedroom door and his eyes searching the darkness trying to find Jesse. "You okay?"

"I wanna be alone," Jesse hissed, his voice cloaked with tears.

"She only wanted us to be free." Leon offered as he moved to sit next to Jesse on the bed. The light pole outside of Jesse's window began to flicker on and off casting short spurts of light into the room.

"I almost died." Jesse spat, "I still have nightmares Lee."

"I know." Leon swallowed hard as he put a reasurring hand on Jesse's shoulder. "I know."

Back in the living room shock still clouded the air. Letty paced up and down infront of Dom. Vince sat on the couch, his arms folded over his chest as he stared at the tv.

"What the fuck was she thinking?" Letty yelled throwing her hands up in the air, "I mean what?" She spun around to look at Dom.

"I don't know." Dom sighed as he leaned foward to cradle his head in his hands.

"We should take all her shit over to his place." Vince growled as he settled deeper into the couch, his feet propped up on the coffee table.

Letty rolled her eyes,"Drop it V, we don't wanna hear your shit right now."

"What?" He barked eyeing her.

"As if she would break up with him for you! Jesus Vince, you ignored her for how long and now you think she'll start to like you again?" Letty bluntly told him.

"You don't know shit Letty." Vince yelled standing up.

"Cut the shit out!" Dom yelled causing them both to look at him.

"Baby..." Letty whined.

"Don't." He ordered pushing past her, "I need some air."

Vince watched as Dom left, and once he heard the back door slam, he turned his attention back to Letty. "Why do you always gotta run your mouth?"

She rolled her eyes again before turning to face him and placing her hands on her hips. "Cause your hard head needs to hear it! She's into Ling and I don't think you are gonna change that."

"You don't know shit." Vince growled before storming out the room.

~~*~~

Ling sat at the end of his bed. He began tapping his fingers against his knee waiting for Hannah to finish in the bathroom. He was nervous, and he smiled at the realization that he, Chen Ling, was nervous at the thought of spending the night with a woman. Not just any woman, but Hannah. He shook his head while moving back to lean on his arms.

A playful smirk filled his lips as he found himself happy and at peace. He knew the dealings with her family and with Tran were far from over yet he could not stop the wave of happiness that washed over him. He knew from this point on he would have Hannah by his side and would not give her up even if it meant dealing with Tran.

"What are you smiling at?" He heard Hannah ask. Ling quickly sat up and chuckled.

"Nothing." He offered while standing. "Do you feel better?"

"A little thank you; are you sure it is alright that I stay here?" She asked.

"Of course." He smiled as his dark eyes looked her over. "Are the clothes alright?"

Hannah looked down at her attire, dressed in a pair of Ling's sweat pants and a t-shirt. She couldn't help but smile. "I look out of sorts."

"The shirt never looked better." He teased with a wink. "Are you ready to sleep?"

"Kinda." She offered looking longingly at his bed.

"Settle yourself in while I shower then." Ling said while running a hand over her cheek, "The remote for the television is on top of it." He smiled down at her before lowering his lips to her forehead.

She couldn't help the color that came to her cheeks at the action. Her head turned to watch him walk into the bathroom. When the door closed, Hannah went over to his bed and with a sly grin, she settled herself on the soft covers.

Sometime later, Ling emerged wearing a pair of shorts and no shirt. He smiled while standing in the doorway to his bathroom as he towel dryed his hair. His eyes were glued to Hannah as she lay peacefully under the covers. Line dropped the towel onto the bathroom floor before cutting off the light and moving to the bed. He crawled next to her making sure not to wake her.

Ling turned onto his side, resting his head in his hand as he watched her sleep. Emotions ran high in the Toretto household and even though he knew Hannah was hurting, he was happy that she finally told her secret and no longer be keeping the pain and hurt inside. Still, Ling had a nagging feeling in the pit of his stomach about Tran.

There was way more to Johnny's plan then to blackmail Hannah, he just knew it. He only wished he knew what his old friend was really after. He wondered if they should leave, he and Hannah? But running was never something Chen Ling did, he couldn't. In the past he had done it but not now, it only led to more pain. Ling pushed all thoughts aside as he settled himself next to Hannah, and he smiled as her body inched closer to his. He whispered softly to himself before putting his arm around her warm body. It didn't take long for him to fall into slumber.

~~*~~

Dom drove around for what seemed like hours until he got a call. Thinking it was Letty, he answered but found it wasn't his loving girlfriend on the line but Tran.

"What do you want?" Dom asked.

"I think we should meet up." Tran sighed.

"I thought you were out of town?"

Tran laughed, "Just came back, is now a good time?"

"How about you just say what it is you wanna say now?" Dom wasn't in the mood for Johnny's games.

"Alright." Tran mused, "Just wanted to let you know..."

Dom laughed cutting Tran off, "I know it was Hannah; sorry to steal your thunder in all."

Tran was silent, and he gripped the cell harder before finally speaking, "She told you. I didn't think she would."

"She's stronger then anyone thinks. So, that's it? That's all you wanna say?"

"No, it isn't... I wanna meet with you and your sweet little family. Tomorrow night, midnight where we used to deal. You know the place don't you?"

"Fine, but Tran, this is it. Everything's clean between us got it?" Dom growled.

"Sure thing." Tran chuckled softly before hanging up. He hissed while throwing his phone across the room, watching as it landed in pieces on the floor. It will never be over, for any of you!

&&&&&&&&&&

Chapter 11

Ling blinked; making sure his dark eyes took in the full scene that was before him.

"Don't" he heard faintly behind him, and then it came back to him. Like hitting a wall, Ling knew where he was. Johnny had set this up, wanting to get Hannah away from him and her family. That's all this so-called meeting was, a set up and all of them had fallen for it.

Dom, Vince, all of them stood behind him and before him stood Johnny Tran and Hannah. Her tear stained face enraging the beast deep within him.

"Johnny" Ling growled while taking a step closer. He only hesitated because he knew she was scared, he knew Johnny would hurt her.

"Let her go." Leon growled coming up to stand beside the man his sister loved. He was soon followed by Vince and Dom. Jesse and Letty stayed back, both knowing, there was nothing they could do.

"Wha' you gonna do big brother?" Tran chuckled as he toyed with Hannah's hair.

Ling clinched his fist without thinking he took a step but stopped short when feeling a strong grip on his forearm. He turned, his dark gaze falling on Vince.

"Stay cool brother." Vince nodded, a silent understanding soon fell between them and both knew one or both of them would do whatever needed to be done to keep Hannah safe.

Ling fixed his gaze again looking from Hannah to Tran. "Wei?" He asked. "Why, do this? Revenge?"

All watched as Johnny snickered, he pulled Hannah closer, "Now my pet, which one would die for you?"

"Piss off" she hissed as she tried in vain to pull from his grasp.

Her distain for him only fueled his state, "Now, now, I know you don't speak as such with Master Chen. He would want his woman silent. Serve him whenever he wanted."

Tran stared at Ling, "Master Chen, does she give you what you need? Should I sample the fruits?"

"Touch her and that's the end for you." Ling growled in Taiwanese.

"Fucking touch her..." Leon growled, "Let her go or.."

"Or what" Tran snorted, "what are you gonna' do?"

"This is gettin' way outta' control Tran, we can work somethin' out." Dom told him; trying to figure out how the hell he could protect the family he loved from Tran.

"Toretto, do you think for one minute that I would deal with you? After everything thats happened?" Tran seethed while tightening his hold on Hannah causing her to yelp in pain.

Ling hissed before rushing up to Tran, "Kill me."

Everyone, including Tran went silent. Eyes widened, all of them stared at Ling.

"You heard me. Kill me, take me life, do not take hers." Ling hissed.

"Wei?" Tran sighed a little before laughing, throwing his head back. "Ha.......Ling you are in love? In love with this pathetic flower, one who would turn on her own family because she is weak?"

"Weak?" Ling chuckled, a smile playing on his lips.

Vince, Dom and Leon all looked at one another and honestly had no clue as to what Ling was doing.

He turned slowly locking eyes with Vince and slowly gave him a nod. "You understand nothing Tran." he said while Vince lowered his blue eyes for a moment as he registered what Ling was telling him with the simple gesture. He raised his gaze to see Ling turning back to Tran.

"You think you understand what darkness is like, because of your family. You do not." Ling said softly as he stepped closer, "Darkness grows, consumes, and begins to pour from your body until you feel nothing but hate, pain, bitterness. Darkness sneaks inside, settles into the places you think you've covered. But all you've done is let death in."

Tran frowned, not understanding what Ling was talking about. He failed to see Vince slowly move so that he was behind him.

"Now" Ling yelled before rushing forward.

Vince jumped Tran from behind, causing the three of them to fall forward. Ling took hold of Hannah, pulling her until she was well away from Tran. He quickly looked her over, making sure she wasn't hurt before both Dom and Leon were there.

"I got her" Leon told Ling as he took his sister in his arms. "You alright?"

"Lee" she couldn't help the tears as she turned into him, hugging him.

Dom reached Tran and Vince, and stopped when Ling grabbed his arm, "I'll end this." The larger man nodded and stepped back, "Let him go V."

Vince nodded and then pushed Tran away from him. "He's all yours brother." Vince told Ling.

Tran stood slowly, spitting out a bit of blood from a knock he'd received from Vince. "Wei?" He snickered, "Wha' you gonna' do Ling?"

"Kill you!" was all Ling said as he moved forward only to stop when Tran pulled a gun.

"Kill me huh? No, today I don't die Master Ling." Tran boasted, waving the gun around a bit before focusing it back on Ling. "Weak, all of you are. Your brother was too. Ling, all this, this town, its mine and whatever I want, its mine. And them." Tran motioned at Dom and the rest of them. "They are nothing, you know that. She is nothing Ling."

"Go ahead Johnny." Ling snorted, "you think you have it in you. Do you think you can take my life?"

"Of course" Tran laughed, "And I will. Then your girls family, their dead, and your girl." Johnny stopped and smiled, "Your girl, she'll live. I use her until I'm sick of her and give her away. What do you think Ling, maybe send her over to Hong Kong, they'll sure enjoy themselves."

Ling growled and went on pure instinct; he wasn't going to let Hannah or family get hurt, not by Tran. He for once had found someone he wanted to start a family with and knew with Toretto and his extending family; he would have what he had always missed. Chen Ling had found peace. And he had found some thing to fight for and he wasn't giving it up, not to likes of Johnny Tran.

He faintly heard Leon yelling behind him before he heard a pop. Stopping, his eyes widened as he saw Hannah slowly turning in front of him, she stopped and reached out for him calling his name.

"Ling." She said softly before falling.

Ling reached her, grabbing hold and going to his knees. "Hannah?" Her eyes half opened and she smiled. "Ling."

"Call an ambulance." Dom yelled back at Letty and Jesse. Both already had their cells out and were calling. He along with Leon and Vince were at Ling's side.

Ling looked down and saw the blood, "Wei?" he asked in an almost plea.

"I love you." She sighed, "I couldn't let him…oh Lee." She cried seeing her brother. "I'm scared."

"baby girl, you hang in there." He reached down and cupped her cheek.

"Wa ga el li/I love you" Ling told her before giving her to Leon, "take her."

Leon nodded, "thank you."

Ling stood and went for Tran who stood eyes wide as if shocked that he'd even pulled the trigger. Ling said nothing as he snatched the gun away from him, and began hitting. The faint sound of sirens and of Vince yelling his name did nothing; Ling was slipping deeper and deeper into his own darkness. He'd only sneered as Johnny began to fight back, the two of them taking turns getting hit. He finally had Tran pinned on the ground, his hands covered in blood.

Finally he felt Vince grab hold of him, pulling him back until they both were on the ground. "Stop Ling." He heard Vince yell out. "The ambulance and cops are here!"

&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Chapter 12

"Fuck Ling." Vince sighed while trying to control his ragged breathing; he slowly hesitated for only a moment before letting Ling up. "Come on." He offered after he stood, holding out his hand to Ling's.

"Thank you." Ling nodded while taking the hand that was offered.

"Nothing brother, it's nothing." Vince growled softly, "Let's see bout' Hannah."

By then, the cops were directed over to Tran by Letty and Jesse, while the paramedic attended to Hannah.

Leon straightened up when seeing Ling and Vince, "They're takin' her to county, Ling..she wants you."

Ling nodded and followed as the two medics put Hannah into the ambulance.

~~~~~

Ling paced up and down the hallway as the rest of Hannah's family sat, all eyes on him.

"He's freakin'" Letty sighed, shaking her head. "Ling, why don't you sit down?"

He stopped in mid pace to look down at Letty, offering her a small smile, he shook his head. She nodded then turned to look at Dom. "I'm scared baby."

Dom reached out, pulling Letty in an embrace, but said nothing.

Vince growled standing up, marching over to Ling, "You need to get somethin' to eat."

Ling raised a brow, "I can not."

"You've been pacing for the last 14 hours, you ain't had nothin' to eat or drink, you look like shit." Vince barked.

"Unit I hear that she will be alright, nothing will help. Do not worry about me." He offered Vince softly while putting his hand on the large mans shoulder, "I am grateful for your voice earlier, when I was lost. I would have killed Johnny if it would not have been for your words."

"We're family now, you're stuck with us." Vince offered with a cheeky grin.

Ling couldn't help but smile, he had thought many things of Vince before but now he saw so clearly that this big, tough looking man had a pure heart and a warrior spirit. Hannah's entire family had that same spirit; they would stick together through the good and bad. He couldn't help thinking of his own family, how sorry he felt that they could not meet, they could not share in his life.

"Doc's here." Leon's words pulled Ling out of his thoughts. He rushed to Leon's side as the Doctor began to speak.

"She is stable, we will be moving her from the OR to recovery and then you all can see her. She'll be a little groggy at first but I have to say she is very lucky. Also, the fetuses are fine again, she was very lucky." The doctor stated, "We will let you all know when we move her." He smiled at them and then walked away.

"Uhh, did he say fetuses?" Letty asked.

"Yes" Jesse added then stared at Leon, then at Ling.

"Two of them" Leon sighed, then turned to stare at Ling.

Ling looked up, seeing that all eyes were now on him. He sighed softly before walking over the wall, as he placed one hand on the wall tears began to swell in his dark eyes. In almost a whisper he began speaking, words in his own language before lowering to his knees.

"Whoa, Ling" Vince knelt beside him; he looked over and saw Leon on Ling's other side.

"I was told by so many I was a bastard, that my mother killed herself because she could not look at my brother and I without seeing our fathers face." Ling told them, "My brother was tormented by this, the darkness I hold inside blames me for not protecting Sheng, and now.." He couldn't go on anymore.

"You found Hannah." Leon told him, "She loves you and you have us now."

Ling wiped the tears out of his eyes before looking over at Leon, "I will protect her, love her until death."

"I know." Leon nodded.

Ling slowly stood and turned to face his new family, "thank you."

Dom couldn't help but laugh before grabbing Ling and pulling into a hug, "No need for thanks, you're family now."
After everyone hugged and congratulated Ling they waited to see Hannah, Vince being Vince couldn't help nudging Ling and playfully smirking at him. Vince was surprised at himself, very surprised. He wanted to see Hannah happy and knew Ling could bring her happiness. Guilt also swelled up inside for how he had treated both Hannah and Ling, but knew by Ling's expression that at least he had forgiven him. Vince only hoped Hannah would do the same.

~~~~~~~~~

A couple of hours later, Hannah was brought down from the OR and settled into recovery. The nurse told the Toretto family that all of them could go in and see Hannah, but they all needed to keep it down. Leon began to go in but stopped. He turned and smiled at Ling.

"I think she needs to see you when she wakes up." He offered.

Ling nodded and then went into the room.

TBC

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
chen I am sooooooooooooooo happy that you updated and a lot of updates…wow…awesome the secrets came out…and there is now happiness and love…^^

orihime303

sarNie Hatchling
This is such a great story!!! I love how there's sooo much to read from all of the posts that u uploaded!!! Can't believe Hannah is prego!!! :baby-scene-pop-corn:
Since this is in the incomplete fiction, plz do cum back and continue with this one!!! :thanks: :bravo: