Do you care about brand names??? OR the price

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
I do. I think it's a personal preference, some people don't give a shit and some do. I do cause I want to be happy with what I'm wearing, I don't believe clothes are all the same, they all have different qualities. Cheap clothes for me rip within a few months. I'm not a fan of clothes shopping so if it's gonna rip I'm going to be too lazy to replace it. And I'm going to end up having nothing to wear. So if it's expensive and a good quality i wouldn't have to have any problems.

TheGurlo22

sarNie Adult
Eventually, I care more bout
the price,,i don't really care about the brand name :)
it's all the same you know :D

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Eventually, I care more bout
the price,,i don't really care about the brand name :)
it's all the same you know :D
Yeah i know that but my personal preference is brand names, I don't buy many clothes so I'll just waste my money on something that will satisfy me.

duaxiong

sarNie Adult
it depends on how cute the outfits aree.
&&Since i love skinny jeans its quite expensive.
it's actually both,Brand Names though i do try to
find cheap clothes but i'm too spoiled(suchh a brat;p).

I have to go with brand names for the most part. when it comes to clothes, though, I'm more lenient in the fact that if it looks good, then I'll just get it, even if it isn't too much of a brand name. for bags, shoes, and makeup, though, I have to have the brand name ones (the quality is indisputable). usually, when I buy things, I don't look at the prices because I don't want anything except for the quality and looks of the item to influence my decision of whether or not to purchase it.

cecilia

Staff member
i go with the price -- sometime brand name stuff rip too -- however, i do buy some brand name clothes too but i mostly focus on the price more.

Ah, some brand name clothes are uncomfortable as well .. it looks pretty but when you wear it, it's so uncomfortable.

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
it depends, for "basics", i go with brand names cause i know the quality will be here but for others stuff, it's more the price. i'm not a fashion's girl so i don't mind.
for other stuffs like cream, lipstick i go with brand name, i found my cream so i took it even if it's a bit expensive (about 15€)

cecilia

Staff member
^Ah, for cosmetic dermatology stuff -- i do go for brand name as well .. just b/c i know my face will be safe lOl

pinkdisney32

sarNie Oldmaid
I don't buy brand names because you're just like advertising their name. I don't buy a shirt and pants over $20 because it's a lot of money :mellow:

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
when i buy clothes, i buy them before sales and most of the time, the price is very interesting: for example, i bought 3 mexx's pants for 30€ all.

Muddie Murda

smile...
On clothing: price for sure!

Some people just confuses me. They go for brand stuff because it's high quality...making it last longer and worth the money. BUT, they only wear it ONCE for a day and then throw it in the closet and it'd never see the light of day again. What's the point?

On make up: Brand names mixed with prices. Some cheap products go bad or don't last long (like wet n' wild <_<).

Kina

Dubsteppin'
It depends. There are certain stipulations. The question is too general and geared towards the mid-middle class and above. Poorer populations would, of course, say "price", and "brand name" becomes an essence of desire rather than justification.

Since your question is appropriate for the mid-middle class and above population, and I fit in this category (humbly speaking), I choose to go for price.

And to tell you the truth, quality has little significance to the rationalization/reason. Do you know why? Well, the fact is quality exist in both brand/non-brand (or cheap) names. Both contains good quality and BAD quality. I refrain from using the term "cheap". I like "affordable" because then I don't rule out the...poor population because they are people too. "Affordable" clothes are not ALL poor in quality. Expensive/brand name clothes are not ALL great quality (I can say the same about the character of people). In fact, I have a few brand names, and, actually, more NON-brand name clothings. BUT, they're all good quality. I have some clothes that are still in pretty damn good shape after 2 years of the purchase date.

THEREfore, brand name or not, it's all about careful shopping. Cotton is cotton. Polyester is polyester.

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Good point Amira. As for me i go for price too. I will buy some brand stuff if it's on sale or if it's really cute and I really want it. Unless I was trying to get something specific like a coach purse. I wanted a coach purse so I will save up money to go and get it. It just all depends on what it is. I don't not shop brand. It just depends.

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Brands as in Hermes, Chanel, Prada, Louis Vuitton, Jimmy Choo, Fendi, Dior, Yves Saint Laurent, Armani, Burberry? If so then yes price is a factor since money doesn't grow on my trees although my bank has lots of branches or in other words I'M CHEAP lol. But if you're talking mall brands like H&M, XXI, Express, AE, VS then I'm probably the biggest mall sucker you'll ever know.

Dal

***LOVE, LOVE YADECH***
Price for sure. Although, there are brands that I always go to first. For instance, there is a brand of jean that I just love because it looks good on me and my behind. I go to the discount store and can get it like 50 percent off or more if they have my size and the style I like. I love Cetaphill daily facial cleanser everyday and St. Ives apricot scrub twice a week. I like Wet N Wild nail polish (99 cents) and Gucci bags (yes, they go on sale too). Shoes I like are by comfort, style, and price.

Sometimes there are certain brands that have a reputation of durability and a classic style. But like Ceci said, some expensive brands look cute on the rack and then you try it on and it is soooo uncomfortable! I tend to spend a little morge money on key pieces, such as blazers, handbags, sunglasses, jeans. I haven't bought a new blazer for over two years now. I just barely got new sunglasses this summer after having my other ones for over 3 years. Bras from Victoria Secret are amazing.

Last month I found 3 pair of jeans for 1.97 each at a store! They looked good and the price was unbeatable!

Nai, I am a sucker for the mall too. Lol! I have found cute tops at stores other than the mall too. I do have a motto I go by: Everything goes on sale (except Vuitton and Chanel...lol)! I even wait for items to go on sale at WalMart.

Okay, sorry for the rant.

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
I'm a brand lover :) Always have been maybe because mommy dressed me up in brands since I was in pampers. lol. Though it's not always true that because it's expensive the quality is great. I brought a Paul Smith shirt, Navy it was, but now it looks crap... it's dye has come out and pretty much looks frail. I spent £60 on that and about 3 months later.... it's just there looking nasty! I didn't even wear it much, but I guess it didn't like the washing machine. I find the Lacoste polo's and Ralph Lauren Polos, fade pretty quickly too. But I love brands, it does make me feel like it's part of my personality. If you can afford it why not? Even my socks are brands... though they didn't last too long ==' I don't know why I love brands. My fav. are Lacoste, Ralph Lauren, LV, D&G, Evisu, Vivienne Westwood, Gucci, Hollister, A&F, Henleys and Nike. I have loads more but we shall be here all day lol. I don't care about cost as long as I look good haha.