Do you have any Lookreung family members??

Liberty

sarNie Adult
dRockstar: It's funny because Dylan's mom keeps entering him into children's pageants and he's won several times. lol It's cute to see him in his little tux and crown.

Stardust: I think you kinda look like you're Lao/Chinese or Thai/Chinese, maybe Viet.

Ice: Really? interesting. I didn't know the Thai royal family had any little ones, hehe. But thanks for the info. I'll look him up, you got me curious.

Cookie_King1970

sarNie Adult
I think I am because my father was frech/thai and my mom is Cambodia but unfortunately my dad past away when I was five yrs. old. and my cousins are half American and half Cambodia. My aunt is Cambodia and she married a white American district attorney gentleman. Her's daughter looks more to western and she has hazel eyes but her son does look half/half.

lilxgxriah

sarNie Adult
here are some pics of the younger kids in my family that are lookrueung!

my cousin madison!! she's so adorable..she's 1/4 chinese 1/4 lao and 1/2 american(dad), her father is american, and i'm thinking his heritage is french or swedish..soemthing like that lol

btw, she does modeling too..she reps a photo company in china

my cousin sophie!...she looks all asian to me lol...but she's mixed with 1/2 lao and 1/2 american(dad), her father is also american, and i dont know what heritage he's of..possibly british

my cousin abby!...now she looks all white to me! haha i love her curly hair...1/4 chinese 1/4 lao and 1/2 american(dad), father is also american, dont know his heritage

last but not least my little cousin dominique..he's half lao and half french...he's such a little cutie when he smiles, but when he doesnt, he looks like a little meanie lol.. (he's throwing up the peace sign)

well since i started this topic, i thought i shld share some pics lol

darvil

sarNie Adult
There are some other unknown families I have in the states which we don't really don't know much about.

But if you were talking about just my extended family then my older sister is the first who has a luk kreung baby. I think she plans to have another one and that is about it.
She did a good job and my niece will be a man killer when she grows older. She did tell me that if the next kid is a nephew, she'll give him the same middle name as mine which is "Aung".
But frankly speaking, I really adore my niece so I don't know if the dynamics will change after the next kid. And these kids will most likely be the only luk kreung in the whole family as I don't
plan to hook up with a non-asian person. Most of my families are still in Burma so no luk kreung there either.

I gotta find some newer pics of her. These are the same I posted on the other thread. Nowdays she can run pretty fast.. away from me that is lol.

dfemc

sarNie Adult
darv, i didn't know u can make babies. but if u could, i don't think u'll top ur neice up there. so u better make up for it by being a good father n honing a good personality for ur child.

lilxgxriah: do any of them speak their mother's tongue (pa sa Lao and Chinese) that is? they're adorable.

lilxgxriah

sarNie Adult

lilxgxriah: do any of them speak their mother's tongue (pa sa Lao and Chinese) that is? they're adorable.
maddie a little of pa sa lao, simple stuff ....she's starting to learn more chinese because my aunts family jus moved to china a few months back and thier nanny doesnt know anything but chinese so shes pickin that up from the nanny

sophie is too little and cannot tlk yet lol so we dont know yet...i think she understands a little when we speak to her

abby knows more lao than any of them cause my grandma babysits her and she's always around laos people

dominique knows very the least out of all of them...but we're teaching them =]

noungning

Heartless
wow interesting topic.

my father's bro, my uncle has 2 kids 1 boy and 1 girl... half white/lao - the girl looks VERY american, you can't tell she's asian, as for the brother, he looks mexican HAHA

as for pictures, they're a bit older and i don't think i should intervene.

Kina

Dubsteppin'
I have a cousin who is half black and other cousins who are mixed with Vietnamese. Oh, and then I have other cousins in Canada who are mixed with French. I think that is about it.

solin

sarNie Adult
Two half french cousins who have almost the same name :

Angelina :

My sister and little Angelie who doesn't look asian at all :

nophankh

sarNie Adult
my family consist of

l1 cousin ao-cambodian
2 cousin lao-cambodian-chinese
1 cousin lao-vietnamese
several lao-white

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
I'm Laos, and i have 2 daughters mix 1/2 with Mexican.

Maiya - my oldest, you can tell she is mix
Kayla - my youngest, she looks exactly like my mom with the flat nose and chinky eyes. LOL

I dont know how to post pics without using URLs, if someone can tell me how, then i can post photos up soon.

Athena

sarNie Juvenile
I have nieces half Cambodian, Mexican, Chinese, Thai and White.
Nephews whos half Mexican, Vietnamese, Native American and Chinese.

Cousin who's half Russian.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
yeah talk about a list huh. hahaha... don't u guys think everyone's mixed by now, where would u start? which generational line, from ur great great grandparents, or up to ur parents only? what does being LOOK-KREUNG mean to most of u? i mean in terms of the social culture, do u view look-kreung differently, if so, in what ways?
That's true. I was thinking about getting DNA samples (nothing dirty, just swabbing the inside of their mouth) from relatives and sending it into a lab to see what my ethnic heritage consist of.
What these labs don't tell you is that what you get back is actually less than 1% of what you're made up of.
I was watching 60 minutes and they were doing a story on a black lady who was doing a family geneology thing and sent in DNA sample from her closet male relative and it came back with a match, turns out she's related to a white rancher in Colorado or one of those states.
The scientists said that it's nearly impossible to find out all the ethnicity that a person is made up of because you'd have to get DNA samples from each set of grandparents (maternal and paternal) from both sides of the family and then get DNA sample from the parents of each grandparent, and so on. I think they said that 4 generations equals out to 100 sets of grandparents, or something like that, all I remember is that it was a huge number. That's probably why you'll see genetic flukes, people who seemingly are full asian or black on both sides but end up with an offspring with blue or green eyes. It's because several generations back there was probably someone with blue or green eyes in the family and passed down that gene to their offsprings and that gene was probably just dormant until then.

cikna

sarNie Adult
I guess many people are a mixed of different of ethnicity. Isn't that interesting? In fact, some of them migght not realize that their ancestors might be from other parts of the world. My grandmother on my mother's side had a Chinese father. That is why my mother has that Chinese look. My great grand father of my late father's side (his grandpa) was a Benggali (he came from India). SO, my late dad was bit dark skinned.However, I look purely Malay (Melayu, I'm from Malaysia). But some of my brothers and a sister inherited the Benggali signature high pointed nose. All of us in the family are Muslims. My eldest sister married an Iraqi. All of children look more Arab than Malays except for the youngest daughter who is a Down Syndrome patient (the apple of her family's eye ^_^ ). I guess all of us has bits and pieces of different ethnicities. Isn't it true "variety is the spice of life'? But mixed or not mixed, each of us is unique in our own way. Don't you agree? B)