Do you look laos?

noungning

Heartless
lol i look like my mom and my dad...yeah...i call it me...i dunno how ppl are supposed to normally look, don't even be so specific about lao ppl

dfemc

sarNie Adult
Reagan said:
any lao girl here with perfect features? HAHA
[post="100447"][/post]​
how bout featured perfectly :lmao: ....c'mon now...being "lao" and a "girl" is feature perfect already buddy... what kinda question is that :angry: .... :lmao: as for that matter, if u ain't got to reconstruct no face cleft and or have half ur face missing...then you're all born perfectly featured...face it ^_^

2cute2care

sarNie Juvenile
dfemc said:
how bout featured perfectly :lmao: ....c'mon now...being "lao" and a "girl" is feature perfect already buddy... what kinda question is that :angry: .... :lmao: as for that matter, if u ain't got to reconstruct no face cleft and or have half ur face missing...then you're all born perfectly featured...face it ^_^
[post="101623"][/post]​

B) :D i concur - u took the words right out of my mouth dfemc

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
LMAO...i can take this thread lightly or i can take this thread as if a big, fat hummer was resting right on top of it. lol

...mmm, i guess i'll take it lightly...

well, i don't know if i could tell you whether i look "laotian" or not, but i could inform you of some classifications i've gotten in the past, in addition to various explanations i've received for those classifications (LOL):

chinese: fair skin, "nice" skin, long black hair, "slanted" eyes, dark-colored eyes, reserved (LOL little do they know), and petite
hawaiian: when i am tanned, dark colored eyes, long black hair, boobs size not usually expected of asian females (you figure it out...LMAO), and petite
native american: when i am tanned, dark colored eyes, long black hair, and boobs size not usually expected of asian females (still LMAO)
mexican/brazilian/"latina": when i am tanned, dark hair, dark colored eyes, and and boobs size not usually expected of asian females (and still LMAO)
japanese: sharp suinty eyes (probably because of my makeup sometimes...altho i rarely wear makeup), "nice" skin, very fair skin (a.k.a. pale 555), dark hair, dark colored eyes, petite, and "unique" sense of fashion
korean: sharp squinty eyes, dark colored eyes, dark hair, nice skin, fair skin, and petite
filipino: when i am tanned, dark hair, dark colored eyes, and petite
cambodian: round face, big almond shaped eyes, dark colored eyes, dark hair, and petite
malaysian: dark colored eyes, long black hair, and petite
vietnamese: dark colored eyes, "bright-eyed/big eyes", fair skin, long black hair, small nose, and petite
thai: "big eyes", dark colored eyes, dark hair, fair and tanned skin, and petite
"mixed" : various mixes, but mostly "are you half white?"
grecian: no explanation (HAHA wtf)

YES, no joke, these are some classifications and explanations that i HAVE gotten...

...HAHAHAHA...are you picking up some of the stereotypes now...especically for asian people, in general??

i've gotten other things too, but not due to looks, sooo, i guess it's not really relevant here.

:lol:

SaSa

sarNie Egg
People aways have a perception of what they think someone from that race aught to kind of resemble. But honestly, you can never really tell anyways.

I think I obviously look asian, however, I 've gotten guatamalian, indian, are you from Madagascar ?

SaSa

sarNie Egg
Yes it's a movie, but it's an actual country, an island off the eastern coast of Africa.

noungning

Heartless
lol i've gotten plenty...

cambodian, hmong, thai, spanish, hawaiian, chinese, japanese, native american, lol have yet to be mistaken for african american tho lol...or milado heheh...then they never get it right so i'm like i'm lao

well if i were to count my mixes... i have a few different races blended into my blood so i don't really wanna spend 5 mins explaining my heritage to some stranger and list my race and say well you know i'm laotian, vietnamese, and chinese. because they go on asking...oh really? how? omg just leave me alone dammit. lol.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
noungning said:
lol i've gotten plenty...

cambodian, hmong, thai, spanish, hawaiian, chinese, japanese, native american, lol have yet to be mistaken for african american tho lol...or milado heheh...then they never get it right so i'm like i'm lao

well if i were to count my mixes... i have a few different races blended into my blood so i don't really wanna spend 5 mins explaining my heritage to some stranger and list my race and say well you know i'm laotian, vietnamese, and chinese. because they go on asking...oh really? how? omg just leave me alone dammit. lol.
[post="103682"][/post]​
HAHAHA girrrrl, i know whatchu mean...lol

Pee

sarNie Elites
hmmm i dont know what i look like..
a normal conversation with a person who doesnt know where lao is takes minutes,,, coz i have to explain and stuff.. and they have so many questions...its a bit tiring.... coz most people doesnt know anything abt Laos. Sometimes i dont have time to explain..when im in hurry it sounds like this =

Are you asian?

me-Yeah Im lao

Lao?

me-ahhh...nvm Im thai okay *big smile*

Ohh thailand, I love thailand

---------------

when we go visit thailand many people speak english with us.. so i dunno what I look like to them....btw i think lao girls/women are beautiful ^^

-----------

Hey btw can anyone write and read lao?
for me some letters are similar to the thai letters, so i can read a little.

tye-niranh

sarNie Adult
i can't read lao but i can read a little bit of thai...it's so weird...i learned how to read just from watching thai lakorns...you know, reading the lakorn titles...but, you're right, lao and thai is very similar except thai have a lot more letters...i think

saobomp

sarNie Adult
yea i agree. i hate it when they ask me what nat i am. i say lao and they say where's that. yes i know it's not a well known place but if u been to thai u would know. or their first guess would be chinese, japanese, viet, flip. they think all us asians look alike. we can tell if that person is white or from europe u know. :angry:

i look lao. i've been told i look filipino but i donno. i think i look lao more than anything.

donna

sarNie Adult
i'm Lao but many ppl think that i'm Hawaiian or Mexican. i have a deep tan look. one time someone mistaken me as Hmong! i was like "what? hell no!"(no offense)

noungning

Heartless
lol i think ppl gets offensive if they are being thought they are something other than what they are, ethnicity wise. unless it's something like hawaiian because be automatically associate hawaiian with beautiful people and exotic looking women.

soutsada7

sarNie Hatchling
missjoy said:
interesting...

Can someone tell me what a "Lao girl/person" is suppose to look like?

To white people, Asian people will always be mistaken for either Chinese, Vietnamese or Japanese just b/c those are the nationality they are familiar with.

When another Asian tell me I don't look Laos. I get offended. It's like, what do they expect Lao people to look like? Short and dark with a flat nose?
[post="84316"][/post]​
ditto -_-

2cute2care

sarNie Juvenile
:)

hahaha i totally understand what you are saying Pee, i use to have conversation like that too when people first got to know me but now i state clearly that i am laotion and not many of us are around because we are so Unique/rare ...like a diamond.....lol

oh and on behalf of the lao girls ...thank you...lol

the thais thought i was japanese...lol

Reagan

sarNie Adult
when people see 2cute2care, they dont ask if shes jap or lao they are like " woah you a supermodel"? right!?

fanaticgrl

sarNie Hatchling
haha i like this thread..

its funny how some people dont know where's laos but they know where thailand, vietnam and blah is.. and im like..its right along each other on the damn map! they need to teach better geography in grade school..

but anyways, to answer this answer.. 90% i get vietnamese, its not even funny, i should just change my nationality..but i get other random crap too but never laos and its funny cuz people think my last name is russian.. weird!

iamnowhere

sarNie Adult
Pee said:
hmmm i dont know what i look like..
a normal conversation with a person who doesnt know where lao is takes minutes,,, coz i have to explain and stuff.. and they have so many questions...its a bit tiring.... coz most people doesnt know anything abt Laos. Sometimes i dont have time to explain..when im in hurry it sounds like this =

Are you asian?

me-Yeah Im lao

Lao?

me-ahhh...nvm Im thai okay *big smile*

Ohh thailand, I love thailand
[post="104255"][/post]​

Yep that's why it is for me too. I know thai and lao aren't the same thing, but sometimes i wish ppl would just take the time and google lao.

Reagan

sarNie Adult
In Conclusion laos, chinese and vietnamese have no unique look, we just look alike but seperated by a map!