favorite laos food?

Keomany

Music.heal.All
dfemc said:
it's ALLL about Laos food..

uh...can't live without it. :loool:
[post="39829"][/post]​
hahah tell me about it....im away to college and only get to eat home food once a month :lmao:

dfemc

sarNie Adult
just have fish sauce in the house and some shrimp paste ("ga pee") and of course chili and u'll be set ;)

i bought my own mortar and "saak" when i was in college, so u can just make about anything we that. :D

p.s. we should have a lao recipe section...let's start that. thnx for the inspiration. :lol:

Keomany said:
hahah tell me about it....im away to college and only get to eat home food once a month :lmao:
[post="39942"][/post]​

Keomany

Music.heal.All
yea i have all the thing to make it with...but something about my mom cooking i miss and eatin at home :lmao:

shubby

sarNie Adult
dang..talking about lao foods..lolz....tum mak hoong is the best and chiken with stickyrice...hahhaha......

L

lalalek

Let's see what i like: ummm...... If i have a laos food craving it would have to be: Sticky Rice (Kaow Neil) with Fried/Grilled Chicken (Pieng Sean),and Papaya Salad (Tum Mak Houng)...yummm yummm...

Vanida remember than back in the days when my sister would make Koua Pak Boung (Stir-Fry Pak Boung)? They are still good, i will make my dad cook that once in a while, yummmm! yummm! :D

Wow, i might just cook that for Supper Tonight!!!!! yummie!!!

goinkrazy

sarNie Hatchling
omg!!!!!!!! i have so many of them, hhhmmmm lets see now............. here goes:
- tam mak houng (or mak tang, mak moung, wuteva u can make into som tum) -- xtra xtra spicy is the way to go!
- khao poon
- khao piek khao n khao peik sien
- laab seen n laan phao
- koi pa or koi kai
- pho
- anykind of phaan
- tom yum
- khoua mee

thats all i can think of for now! lol

Bou

sarNie Adult
goinkrazy....ur goin way overboard :p jp gurl hahaa

I LOVE.........

tum maak hoong/mak muang/maak tua/tum kao poon
pho
kua kao
kua puk boong
pieng kai
laap zeen

and das all for now ladies and gentz lol

LostInKaos

sarNie Hatchling
I like thum mahk tua and kiep moo
Thum mahk hoong is okay and I can't eat thum mahk thang cuz I'm allergic :(
I also like kow piak sen (I think that's my favorite)
And I like to eat mangos that aren't fully ripe yet and you dip it in some kind of spicy jao...Not sure what it's called.
I love to eat that, but I'm allergic to mangos too :angry:
Last time I ate it, I knew I was allergic but still kept eating it and then had to go to the hospital cuz I couldnt' breath. I almost died and it was so worth it! :D

But I crave Laos food all the time. I married american, and my hubby doesn't like Laos food. So sometimes I have to go to my moms and ask her to make me stuff. Sure miss Laos food a lot.
American food makes you fat!

L

lalalek

LostInKaos said:
I like thum mahk tua and kiep moo
Thum mahk hoong is okay and I can't eat thum mahk thang cuz I'm allergic :(
I also like kow piak sen (I think that's my favorite)
And I like to eat mangos that aren't fully ripe yet and you dip it in some kind of spicy jao...Not sure what it's called.
I love to eat that, but I'm allergic to mangos too :angry:
Last time I ate it, I knew I was allergic but still kept eating it and then had to go to the hospital cuz I couldnt' breath. I almost died and it was so worth it! :D

But I crave Laos food all the time. I married american, and my hubby doesn't like Laos food. So sometimes I have to go to my moms and ask her to make me stuff. Sure miss Laos food a lot.
American food makes you fat!
[post="69077"][/post]​
LMAO!!!!! That is crazy what you did? about going to the hospital!!!! lol, i know what you are meaning, laos food is awesome but sometimes the stuff you want is the stuff you can't have......so please be carefully what you eat, i am very concern about you k?

LostInKaos

sarNie Hatchling
LMAO!!!!! That is crazy what you did? about going to the hospital!!!! lol, i know what you are meaning, laos food is awesome but sometimes the stuff you want is the stuff you can't have......so please be carefully what you eat, i am very concern about you k?
Hehe. Thanks. I haven't touched mangoes since...I think it was about 4 years ago. So in a way I learned my lesson. :D
Now instead of mangoes and jao, I eat sour green apples and jao....Not as good, but it's okay.

goinkrazy

sarNie Hatchling
LostInKaos said:
Hehe. Thanks. I haven't touched mangoes since...I think it was about 4 years ago. So in a way I learned my lesson. :D
Now instead of mangoes and jao, I eat sour green apples and jao....Not as good, but it's okay.
[post="71753"][/post]​

poor you man, i dont know what i would do if i cant eat sour mangoes :s dont wanna think about ! lol! crab apples n jao is soooooooooo good, and it even tastes better when u tahm it. ever tried it? its damn mouth drooling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

arissa

sarNie Elites
:p :p Talking about Lao Food...I always loved Lao food....coming from a family that doesnt like to eat out...I grew up to be very fond of the food....My all time favorites are
1. Papaya Salad (Tum Buk Hoon) with crabs.........OH my gosh it is sooooo good during the summer...I love mine...very spicy, HOT, and sweet ( Som - SOm, Phet - Phet, Wan - Wan).....I love it with " Kow Boon"
2. Chicken Salad (Laap Kai) -......
3. Green Sour Mangoes with " Gel Pa Dak" (Sweet sauce)
4. I love STICKY RICE...cant live without them.......
5. " Kang Nor Mai" (Bamboo Soup)
I can go on and on....Gosh..I am proud to be Lao.....The food are delicious......

arissa

sarNie Elites
:p :p :sweat: Hey guys ...just want to share pictures of some of the many delicious Lao dishes.......I mean just listing them doesnt really make our mouth watery..............But once you take a look at these pictures...it just makes you want to go out there and get some to grub on.....ENJOY... :p

"Spring Roll w/sauce"

"Papaya Salad"

"Kao Gum"

"Kua Mee"

"Kang Norh Mai"

"Lapp"

"Pho" :sweat:
credit to laoplanet

Jean

sarNie Juvenile
Oh my gosh, seeing those pictures just makes me hungry. I just love laos food. Here are some of my favorites:

1. Kao Poon-love to eat it, but don't know how to make it, even though I watch my mom make it all the time.
2. Nam Kao- My sister and I used to make it all the time. I love it especially with the fried chilli peppers.
3. Tum Mak Hoong, mak taang, mak tua
4. Kaeng Phet
5. Mee Katee
6. Paan Pa (lettuce wrap w/fish,noodles,vegetables) w/ sweet sauce
7. Paan Mienk (cabbage wrap w/ pork rinds, peanuts, tomatoes,etc. w/ padak sauce or pineapple sauce.

Vanida

Save World Save Life
arissa man those laos food make me hungary and god they loook so yummy and good to eat right now :lol: i want some spring roll right now haven't eaten it for a long time though :)

arissa

sarNie Elites
:D :D Yeah...I just had it the other day...it was awesome..... :D :D The pictures sure does makes our mouth watery huh?????

nangmai

sarNie Egg
I love all the food that you guys listed above. But I have a question..what is "nam kao"? Can someone describe what is in it? Thanks!