FICTION DISCUSSION

littledummy

sarNie Hatchling
@aikoden...I like the challenge of this group fanfic, but I'm not sure if I can be dedicated to such a task as this. Let's see if anymore writers plans to join and when there seems to be not many, I'll volunteer myself. Hope I am not making it too complicated. This really sounds fun and exciting, however I would like to wait and see.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
No worries littledummy, it's all good :)

@thatsoutherasianchick, I guess it'll just be you & I this time.. since there's no other authors joining in.. Oh well.. it should still be fun :p

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
@thatsouthernasianchick, that's fine.. Waiting is good.. I'm still thinking of who to use.. Hopefully there'll be more authors to join :)

@thip, I only joined in one so far.. but it's interesting.. well basically each authors have their own couple they want to use.. Once we know who the casts are going to be.. we(the individual authrs) give them their own characters and personality.. and we'll also figure out the relationships to one another.. for example:  Jett is friends with Mick, but admires Mick's sister, on the other hand.. Mick's sister's friend likes Jett..  etc.. I hope you understand that little example.. It doesn't just have to be relationship-relationship.. lol.  like it can be boss-worker, teacher-student .. etc..  By doing this, it'll be easier for us the authors to use other characters in the story and relate them in with their couple.

Iya

sarNie Adult
wow, is this new group fic still open for newcomers? Shadows of Silence had been on hiatus for so long, I'm starting to forget my title for that one. lol

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
@Iya, of course :D & yes, SOS has been on a hiatus for quite a while.. that's why I wanted to start a fresh new group fanfic, since I see many active authors lately :)  You are welcome to join if you're interested.

narkrakdin24^^

sarNie Adult
@aikoden
Sounds interesting. I've thought about having a group fic but didn't know who with. SIGN ME UP! Ermm.... But who's our cast? Do we get to pick our own or will you assign them to us?

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Welcome aboard @narkrakdin24! :D

We get to pick our own cast, like for example.. Mai Davika with Weir or Weir with Kwan.  etc.. It wouldn't be as fun if I chose the cast for each member hehe.. they might not like the cast, so it's always best to have the authors choose themself.. :) 

Oh, I'm getting excited :D

narkrakdin24^^

sarNie Adult
@aikoden
Thanks. Ahaha now I need to figure out which couple I want to cast for my part lol hopefully we can't start this fanfic before I go all bald. :) I'm also excited. Erm.. Do you mind if I ask you who you are thinking of pairing for your story? So I can figure out who will be in mine's.

I talked to Aikoden about this already but just wanna spill out some suggestions to you guys. I'm pretty much new here so don't bash on me if my suggestions don't appeal lol! Anyway, instead of a typical fanfiction, we could perhaps do a generations fanfic?

Reactions: Iya

Iya

sarNie Adult
thatsouthernasianchick said:
I talked to Aikoden about this already but just wanna spill out some suggestions to you guys. I'm pretty much new here so don't bash on me if my suggestions don't appeal lol! Anyway, instead of a typical fanfiction, we could perhaps do a generations fanfic?

I like this, but then how would other authors joined in. Will it be like one author get a generation? if like that, then how many chapters will each generation be?

Iya

sarNie Adult
narkrakdin24^^ said:
Ermm... what is a typical fanfic and a generation fanfic? And what's the difference?

from what I understand a typical would be where author would alternatively write the next chapter, and once a chapter is done, the next author must write their chapter based on the happening of the last chapter. A generation would be, if this is right, when one author get to be in charge of one specific generation and once the next generation is born another author step in and take over continuing from the last story.

correct me if im wrong, but that's what i got so far.

I'm not sure either. Lol!
I came up with an idea for my part but if anyone wants to take part too, that would be cool. Mine will star Kwan Usamanee and Oil Thana (I want them to reunite in a lakorn but since that is not happening, I'd just have to imagine them as I write). It will go something like this:
-Kwan is a princess of a fictional kingdom that is at war
-Oil a prince and Kwan's lover; however, Oil also exists in the 21st century
-The Prince Oil will die in the war and the Oil's character from the 21st century will travel back in time to the war struck kingdoms

I don't know...something along those lines. Still brainstorming. I also still have my other fanfic to finish. Tell me what you guys think.

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
Sounds very interesting! I'm thinking about joining also but still thinking of a plot then. Hmmmm...lets see what i come up with and if works with ur guys group ff then i'll join too. :) can someone explain it more throughly though, i'm new at group ff's never done them before. I've always wrote stories on my own.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
narkrakdin24^^ said:
@aikoden
Thanks. Ahaha now I need to figure out which couple I want to cast for my part lol hopefully we can't start this fanfic before I go all bald. :) I'm also excited. Erm.. Do you mind if I ask you who you are thinking of pairing for your story? So I can figure out who will be in mine's.
Hmmm, I might use Mew Laknara & Pop Thagoon or Mew Laknara with Phet Thakrit ...

Iya said:
from what I understand a typical would be where author would alternatively write the next chapter, and once a chapter is done, the next author must write their chapter based on the happening of the last chapter. A generation would be, if this is right, when one author get to be in charge of one specific generation and once the next generation is born another author step in and take over continuing from the last story.

correct me if im wrong, but that's what i got so far.
My understanding is sort of similar to yours..  For typical, I find them to be the normal modern day stories, where the author update daily..  As for generation, I find them focus on modern plus the past, so the history and present mashed in together.. 

I think that if we were to mix in a new genereation each chapter, it might be hard for the author...  I think we should stick with a certain era for the generation, and probably do flashbacks here and there for each of the cast members..  (this is only what I think.. feel free to put in your input :p)

@kikichue1, feel free to join :)

So far the authors joining are:  me (aikoden), thatsouthernasianchick, Iya, & narkrakdin24..

still debating authors:  littledummy, tubbytinker07, & kikichue1

This is a pretty good amount, I'll open up a new thread so we can discuss over there :)