Good Samaritan Being Sued For Helping

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
A woman who got into a car crash was rescued by a good samaritan. He pulled her ass out of a burning car, but is now suing him cause when he pulled her out of the burning car, he supposedly moved her injured body causing her to become paralyzed.

So I guess next time a human who witnesses another human trapped in a burning car should just stand there and watch while they get burn to death. I guess this woman would rather be burnt alive than pulled to safety so she can live another day to see her friends and familiar.

Watch the news clip below.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/pop...13&src=news

margaretthao4

sarNie Adult
that is fucked up!
sorry if i see your stranded ass on the road i'm just going to leave you there.
then again i could get sued for leaving you stranded. wtf.
i guess i'll just stay home and live my life off the comp...even that i'm sure someone can sue you for.
theres just no winning.
lome you always find these interesting stories to share. thanks!!!

lady0fdarkness

you're welcome. :D

lol... yeah, you can get sued for pretty much anything. Maybe I should go to Wendy's and throw chilli on myself and then sue them for not putting the lid on the chilli cup tight enough.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Yeah, that's so wrong.
I'm guessing now that she can't move, she probably can't work so she's trying to make her money. Bad, bad woman.
I doubt she'd win though but then again, there are some crazy people serving jury duty.

Why didn't she just sue the person that caused her accident? Wouldn't that make more sense? Well, unless she caused the accident then...shame on her.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
Yeah, that's so wrong.
I'm guessing now that she can't move, she probably can't work so she's trying to make her money. Bad, bad woman.
I doubt she'd win though but then again, there are some crazy people serving jury duty.

Why didn't she just sue the person that caused her accident? Wouldn't that make more sense? Well, unless she caused the accident then...shame on her.

seriously that is messed up. i guess we should see how bad of a situation they are in first before helping ...sad to say! (no good deed goes unpunished!)

lady0fdarkness

I think because of this.. a good samaritan will think twice before helping someone in danger. Very sad, indeed.

judyp

sarNie Adult
What an ungrateful bitch she is. Does she not realize that she wouldn't even be living if it weren't for the man who saved her? Such a sad story..you get punished for doing a good deed. :(

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
maybe he should just sue her back for wasting his time trying to save her arse!

i wonder why ppl doesnt think of it this way..maybe it wasnt her time..she prolly have some sort of unfinish business in this world..even if it meant she has to spend it in a wheelchair..for who knows how long!...arghh some ppl are just so selfish.

gosh that is why i think twice before offering help to anyone... esp the elderly...it is VERY sad to say! (but its true..) i would help pick up stuff at the grocery and load stuff..but if they fall..argh..i will prolly just dial for help for them.

anyhow this lady that survived this crashed sure needs to learn more about life still..

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Reminds me of some guy from earlier this morning around 1 am-ish. He was drunk and him and his friends had ran a curb and their car crashed head on into a poll and spun out some more. We were on the opposite side and went to see if they were ok. We had called the cops and the police station was down the street and they ended up trying to say that we caused the crash! We were like WTF! LOL other people had stopped to check also and saw us coming from the other side so we were ok.. Sad too on Christmas Night sigh.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
OMG tina..im glad you guys were on the other side of the road when you stop to try to help these FOOLS! damn...theyre drunk now why would the cops believe them anyways! if it has to come down to it that way...

...damn i would cursed the shiat out of them...and the good samaritan stuff i will just toss out the window for now...screw that!!! *gosh im all hyped up for ya...lol

damn theres a khmer saying...jet la'or untaeh banch... (i guess its the closest translation of "no good deed goes unpunished"?) :huh:

jeanie

sarNie Adult
I read somewhere that the person who helped her and is being sued is in fact her friend. She was following behind. What a double whammy. So choose your friends carefully too or they'll sue your ass when you were trying to save their life.

What's even better is that you can get sued for NOT helping too depending on which state you live in. It's such a eff'ed up situation. Damn if you and damn if you don't.

But wait let's just blame this all on video games! :rolleyes: :D

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
A good samaritan can get sued for moving someone from a car and "good samaritan" does not apply. But, in this case good samaritan should protect the man...the car was burning! So, the lady better lose this case. Shame how people think of money & not gratitude for being alive.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
LOL jeanie..i like that saying.."damn if you do and damn if you dont.."

aww it was her own friend...some damn friend she is was..

oh my gosh..are you guys kidding me..what state is that..i hope it aint in Cali...shiat if it is...

...cant he sued her back for risking his own life to save her ungrateful arse???

starryXing*

sarNie Adult
Oh no... that's awful!!! Good Samaritans are being sued for helping out now?

I'm sorry, I know a lot of people who are definitely those hands on good Samaritans and that's great. But personally, if I see a dangerous situation, I'm always hesitant to get out and actually help because of this and other horror stories about good Samaritans getting the bad end of the stick. I'd just call the cops (that's what cops tell you to do anyways) and think twice about doing anything more.

Gosh *shakes head*. This case sets an awful precedence for similar good Samaritan issues like this. As tragic as it sounds for the victim, I hope she doesn't win because it's punishing good/well-intentioned people away from helping out in desperate situations.

jeanie

sarNie Adult
I think it's called duty of rescue or something, it's been awhile and I don't know what states but Massachusetts for sure is one, very rare though. Other than that you're only obligated to help if you're a doctor, emergency personnel or someone certified in medical care. If you're not, run the other opposite direction unless you want to get sued! However I don't think doctors are always covered under the Good Samaritan law so they're screwed too.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
I think it's called duty of rescue or something, it's been awhile and I don't know what states but Massachusetts for sure is one, very rare though. Other than that you're only obligated to help if you're a doctor, emergency personnel or someone certified in medical care. If you're not, run the other opposite direction unless you want to get sued! However I don't think doctors are always covered under the Good Samaritan law so they're screwed too.

thanks for the info..i will sure keep that in mind jeanie! ^_^