[GROUP FF] Heartbreakers

narkrakdin24^^

sarNie Adult
@bieluvr Thanks. It took me some time but I managed.
@Iya Lol I was kind of worried if anyone here was against that pairing but hey, look at Bo Bay with Cee Siwat and how that turned to be. Tbh though, I kind of wasn't going to write with Sess and Rin because some haters say that Sess and Kagura are a "canon" pairing and not Rin and Sesshy. But in my opinion I see that they are not really related in any way or share the same blood so I don't think it is wrong. Well if Sess likes/love Rin in that way when she is young
young then I think that's a bit weird but when she is older, nothing. But to be clear, yes they will be a couple in here.
Lol that was off topic but yes, I do support them.
Anyways, I can't wait to read aikoden's part!

Iya

sarNie Adult
Haha, that's funny, cause I always see them as a couple. The fact that he's a demon and she a child at the moment do NOT deter me. actually, it goes a long way to help justify their love. I mean, demons have long lives, so to Sess, it won't be long before Rin is old enough to return romantic interest. lol. I am never a fan or Kagura. I don't know why. I try to like her but can't. So the idea that she's pairing up with Sess did not even cross my mind until you mentioned it. lol.

P.S. I'm a sucker for bad boy changing because of love. lol.

narkrakdin24^^

sarNie Adult
Lol yupp.. If you read in fanfiction.net, there are lots of Rin and Sesshy fans but lots of Kagura/Sesshomaru fans and Kagome/Sesshomaru fans. Tbh, I can't imagine Kagome leaving Inuyasha after all they been through. And no matter how much of a Sesshomaru Sesshy can be, I can't picture them hurting Inuyasha by taking away his girl. Yeah he tried to kill him before but still can't picture he'll do that. My opinion here. :D
Wow we are getting off topic.

Reactions: Iya

fantastic_27

''SMTown'
Omg I. Am loving it hahah. But anyways Iya ur chapter was so long that it took me at least 45 minutes to read hahaha but I loved it, it's like a real chapter and flipping real pages haha

Iya

sarNie Adult
narkrakdin24^^ said:
Lol yupp.. If you read in fanfiction.net, there are lots of Rin and Sesshy fans but lots of Kagura/Sesshomaru fans and Kagome/Sesshomaru fans. Tbh, I can't imagine Kagome leaving Inuyasha after all they been through. And no matter how much of a Sesshomaru Sesshy can be, I can't picture them hurting Inuyasha by taking away his girl. Yeah he tried to kill him before but still can't picture he'll do that. My opinion here. :D
Wow we are getting off topic.

That's very true. I can't see Sess taking Kagome away. He just don't have it in him to do that, despite all the grievances he'd caused Inuyasha. And yes, we are getting off topic. Lol. Hey! We're just killing time till Aiko submit the next chapter. :D

fantastic_27 said:
Omg I. Am loving it hahah. But anyways Iya ur chapter was so long that it took me at least 45 minutes to read hahaha but I loved it, it's like a real chapter and flipping real pages haha

Haha, sorry. I didn't realized it's that long. It didn't feel long at all when I was proofreading it. Maybe 15 minutes tops for me. But I'm glad you like it. :D
Hopefully, my next chapter won't be as long. 

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
No Iya, you should keep the long chapters coming, it'll give us readers more to read and less time to wait. LOL :)

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I shall have my chapter up by tomorrow.. I'm *coughcough* trying to figure out if I want to add a certain character or not...  but here's 2 more posters to share...

*coughcough* I know, I know.. It's Mteam's pic.. I didn't really do nothing much to it because I love that picture.. hehe.. I only slightly adjusted the color a bit :p Actually the truth was because I couldn't find some pictures of the two to work with that would satisfy me.. :( so I chose that one in the end :p

and yes ladies.. so off-topic ahaha.. i love it though :p

and sadly, as much as i love sesshy w/rin.. i also love him w/kagura... ho ho ho... (don't kill me XD)  *sniffsniff* I love the part where Sesshy stumbled upon the dying Kagura who finally obtained her heart.. but was dying.. and he took out his sword, trying to save her but she's dying already :( oooo.. so saddening for me.. and then she vanishes along with the wind... boohoo...

narkrakdin24^^

sarNie Adult
Thanks aikoden!!! I love it! And I understand. It's like daras. We can't keep only one pairing lol! And wow. Who knew I'd find Sesshomaru lovers here :D

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Cast:​
Mew Laknara Piatha​
Sato Takeru​
 ​
special cast:​
Miura Haruma (Harumacchi)​
 ​

Chapter 3

Laknara hugged her mother tightly as she slowly began to part ways, heading over to board the plane to Japan.  Waving goodbye one last time, she hollers to her.  “Mother, please take good care of yourself.  Don’t worry about me… I’ll take great care of myself and eat and sleep on time.”  She saw a worried look on her mother’s face.  “And of course, I’ll get a daily check up at the clinic.  I deeply appreciate you for letting me go.  Please tell the same to father.”  A slight frown grew onto her face after she mentioned her father.

Seeing the frown on her daughter’s face, Mother made a giant heart shape sign with her arms over her head and proudly yelled out to her
daughter in broken Japanese. “Ai-shit-ah-ru..”  She began to blush afterwards when people began to stare.  “Father too!”

Laknara’s frown turned into a smile after hearing her mother’s adorable broken Japanese.  “It’s ‘Aisheteru’ Mother.”  After saying that, she dropped her bags and ran towards her mother one last time giving her a giant teddy bear hug and a kiss on the cheek.  “Watashi mo aishite imasu (I love you too.)”

“The flight number 126 heading to Japan will be taking off…” says the flight announcer.

“Go now child, that’s your plane.”  She cupped her child’s face.  “Look after yourself.”  She starts shoving her away.  “I’ll make Father understand.  Make us proud."

Laknara nods her head as she picked up her bags on the ground.  She gave her mother one last wave.  “Goodbye Mother.  I’m leaving now.”

After a short while, Mother walked over to the window, staring at the plane.   “Bye child…”  A tear slowly dripped down her face as she watched the plane set off.  Seeing her daughter leave was so heart wrenching.  “You’re no longer my little girl… You’re all grown up.”

Laknara fastened her seatbelt as the plane started to set off.  She closed her eyes, inhaled a deep breath, and exhaled slowly.  “Goodbye Thailand.  I’ll see you again.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Takeru broke into a cold sweat as he awoke from a nightmare.  He got out of bed and began stretching, starting off with the legs then up to the arms and shoulder. 

After stretching, he took a hold of the wooden bat on the edge of the bed.  He gripped it tightly and got into a swinging stance. 

*Flashback*

“2 outs, runners on 1st and 3rd base.   This looks like a job for the clean-up hitter to bring them on home.”  He swung the bat.

“Strike 1!” shouts the umpire.

Takeru loosened up his shoulders and prepares himself for the second pitch.  He glances at the catcher and then back to the pitcher, with a smirk forming on his face.  “Tell him to pitch his best pitch.”

“Tchh.. You can’t order me around.”  The catcher signaled the pitcher for his best change-up ball, to confuse the batter with his usual fastball. 

The pitcher nods and throws the pitch.

Takeru shook his head as he swings the bat.  *WHACK*  The ball and bat connects, and the crowd goes wild.  Takeru dropped the bat as he runs to score his home run. 

As he reached home base, he looked down at the catcher.  “Anyone would’ve known you were planning for a change-up ball.  Throwing a slider would have been a better option.”  He gave the catcher a cheeky smile.  “And this ends your road to Koshien this summer.  I’m actually pretty surprised to see that such a weak team like you guys made it this far.”  He patted the catcher and got up.  “With me on the team, no other team stands a chance.”

“Get back to the dugout!” shouts the umpire.  “The game is still in play.”

“It should be a called-game already.” Smiled Takeru.

“That’ my decision to make!  Get out of here or I’m taking you out of the game!”

“Fine, fine.. It doesn’t make much of a difference since we’re such a lead anyway.”

“I’m warning you!”

The catcher took off his glove and picked up the bat Takeru dropped earlier and slowly walked towards Takeru.

“Hey!  What are you doing?  Get back here!” shouts the umpire.

“YOU ARROGANT PUNK!” shouted the angry catcher.  “It’s because of guys like you who make guys like us hate baseball!”  He swung the bat at Takeru’s arm, then to the shoulder.  “You conceited punk!”

Takeru clenched his arm in pain as he fell to the ground.  “You weak ass punk.  You can’t win so you take it out on the player.  Disappointment!  Who’s fault was it to pick that lousy pitch?!”

“Why you!!”  The catcher tries to get another swing but was stopped by the umpire. 

“Quit it you two!  I’m calling the game!  Byakko High wins against Sora High.  And call the damn paramedics!”

*End of flashback*

“Oh Sora, Sora, Sora High.”  Takeru let out a sigh.  “It’s been exactly 2 years since your team has been banned from playing baseball.  And exactly 2 years since I had to give it up.  He shook his head as he dropped the bat. 

"What's wrong with being arrogant?"

"What's wrong with being conceited?"

"I had the right to be arrogant and conceited.  Why do others get to be and I don't?"

"I worked my ass to get that far yet you damn ruin me!"

Takeru touched his arm.  "You piece of shit.  Why don't you move the way I want you too!"

"Do you want me to cut you off!"

"DAMN IT!!!  WHY ME!!!!"

He fell back to his bed.  "Really now Kami-sama (God).  Why me?  Why let me achieve my dreams yet take them away in a flash.  Koshien was in my reach.  It's every baseball boys' dream to reach Koshien!"

"Why did you take it away from me?!!  Why?!  Why?!"

*knockknock*

"You can't sleep again?" asked Azumi, his personal nurse, in his hospital room.

He shook his head.  "It's nothing.  I'm going back to sleep."

"Really?  That's good."  She took out a needle.  "I thought I would have to use this."

Takeru looked the other way.  "Go away, you're disturbing my sleep."

Azumi smiled as she walked back to the door.  A frown fell onto her face as she exits the room.  "What a poor fellow.  He's becoming more mentally unstabled. "

"Huh?  What is it Azumi?" asked a passerby nurse.

"Oh, it's nothing.  I'm almost off-duty that's all."

Sato Takeru is the name.  I was raised by my Oji-san (grandfather) in the outskirts of Osaka.  No, I don't have an Osaka dialect.  I was born and raised here in the heart of Tokyo as well.  So that clearly means I'll have a Tokyo dialect obviously.  Anyways, back to the story with my Oji-san.  When he was raising me, he never gave me anything to play with except for one thing, a baseball.  Though the baseball was so old and beat up, I would always play with it every night and day.  Don't ask me why, how would I know.  Anyways, thanks to my Oji-san, who would've known I would become such a great baseball player. 

But for some reason, I feel like his death impacted my way of playing baseball later on in life.  I think back and wonder.  What caused that catcher to beat me up.  Like I said before, it's not my fault I'm so good.  They're just wussies.  Sigh, Koshien.. I don't think I'll ever get to see you in this lifetime.  Oji-san, I think I'll probably see you first.  But man, this hospital room is a bore!  Why doesn't the school just allow me to stay in the dorm there instead.  This is so troublesome.  Oh well, it's their money anyways.. I guess I'll just continue letting them waste it.  Hmm, I do pity them though.  They went through all that effort to get me to come to their school, yet this happens to me.  Hmm.. yeah.. well.. I can't do anything much.

Laknara stared out through the tiny window as the plane prepares to land.  "So pretty."  She unbuckled the seat belt as the plane landed and got up and stretched.  "That 5 to 6 hour trip wasn't that bad."  she thought to herself, as she puts her book inside her bag.

"Hey, is that book one of the Starcrossed series?" asked a surprised stranger.

"Why yes, yes it is.  Are you a fan?" asked Laknara as she retook out the book.

"Oh my is that the one of Dante and Syrena?"

"Yes, It's Dante's Flames..." She was cut short as the lady grabbed the book out of her hand.

"I've been looking everywhere for this book."  She opened the book and realized that it was a special edition.  "Oh my, you even have the author's signature!!!"

"Uh.. yeah.. I guess I do.."

"How much?"

Laknara had on a confused look.  "What do you mean?"

The lady poked at the cover.  "How much do you want for this book?"

"It's not for sale." said Laknara as she tried getting the book out of the lady's hand.

"NO!!  It's mines now!"  She tried to get out of the plane in a jiffy, leaving her luggage behind.

"Wait!  Stop!  Come back here!" hollered Laknara as she grabbed her bags out of the cabin shelf.  She shook her head in disappointment as she got out of the plane.

As she entered the terminal, she was stunned to see how huge it was.  She had absolutely no clue where to search for the lady.  "Just my luck.." pouted Laknara as she starts wandering around the terminal.  "I should have brought a different book instead.. I forgot how popular they were.."

She begins biting her lips.  "No, no, no... my Visa and paperwork are in that book..."  Her eyes started to become watery, as she continues searching for the lady. 

After wandering around the terminal for a good hour and a half, she decided to give up.  The lady was nowhere to be seen.  She was basically now a foreigner stuck in a foreign country with no paperwork what so ever.  "Mother.."  she muttered to herself.  "Wake me up from this nightmare..."  A tear slowly streamed down her cheek.

"Excuse me.(In Japanese)"  said a man as he handed her a handkerchief.

She looked up at him.  "Yes?"

He motioned her to use the handkerchief.  She declined and instead wiped the tear with her own hand.

The man chuckled as he shoved the handkerchief to her.  "If you don't accept it, I won't give you something that's of importance to you."

"What do you mean?" she asked the strange man.

He gave her a cheesy smile, still trying to make her accept the handkerchief.  She bit her lip and accepted it in the end.  "So what is it?"

The man showed her the special edition book of Dante's Flames.  "Ta-Dah.."

"Hey, that's mine.."  As she reached for the book, she saw the lady who took her book getting arrested.  "Is it necessary?  She asked the man.

He nods.  "Yes."  He returned the book to her. 

"Thank you."

"No, thank you!"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you see.. I'm an undercover cop.. in training.  I've been tracking that lady for some time."

"What did she do?"

"This may sound ridiculous but.. She's been robbing people of their 'Starcrossed Series' and selling them at extremely high prices.. she's been forging the author's signature as well."

"I see... hmmm.."

"I apologize for wasting so much of your time here today." apologized the young undercover cop.  "You see, I sort of lost her at the same time you did.  She is indeed quite fast!  But never fear.. as you can see.. She's definitely caught for good."

Laknara looked at her wristwatch.  "Well, I deeply appreciate your help.  I must get going now though.."

"Wait.. wait.. Slow down."

"Sorry, but I'm in a bit of a hurry.."

He cleared his throat.  "I'm Haruma.  Miura Haruma."

"Well, I'm Laknara.  Laknara Piatha.."

He continued smiling at her.  "I know.. MEW."

"What did you just say?"  Laknara was shocked to hear "Mew" from the man.  Yes that was her name, but it was more of a nickname... Only close friends or family members used it.  "Who are you?"

Haruma shook his head in disappointment.  "I'm 'Harumacchi' .. Mew, how can you forget about me?"

Laknara tried to collect the information of Harumacchi in her head.  "Harumacchi?.. Harumacchi.. Harumacchi..  Harumacchi!!??"

"I see you've recalled me.  Come on, let's go."  He grabbed her bags and walked out, Mew tagging quickly behind.

"Ooowaahhh.. Harumacchi.  I apologize.. I didn't know how you look like.." apologized Mew as she entered the backseat along with Harumacchi.  "I knew you were picking me up.. but .."

"I guess you didn't read your email before taking off today huh?"

Laknara nods continuously.  "I was so scared earlier.."

"Never fear, for I am here."

"But wait a second.. You should only be a year older than me.. but how can you be working already?"

Harumacchi looked at Mew closely.  "Because, my old man is the boss.  He let me have this special mission.  Besides, it was like killing 2 birds with one stone.  Catching the bad guy and meeting the friend."

"Ahh, I see.  But you should've told me these things first..  Like I said, I was really scared earlier.  If my mother knew about this, who knows what could've happened.  Just thinking about what she can do.. already frightens me.. especially my father."

Harumacchi rested his face on his palm.  "You worry too much missy.  Just relax and take it easy.  You're now in Japan.  Independent too must I say."

The thought of being independent crossed her mind.  "Yes, that's true.  I'm now independent."  Her stomach began to growl.  "He..he.." she smiled at Harumacchi. 

Harumacchi gave her a cheeky smirk and pinched her nose.  "Seriously, you're a lucky person to know me.  I'll take you out to eat first before we go to our dorm.

"Thanks again Harumacchi.  I'm glad to know that you're my friend..  Finally seeing you face to face after so long feels so satisfying.  To think that we'll be attending the same school is a plus too!"

Harumacchi turned the other way.  "I don't know how I should feel about that Mew?  You didn't even know how I looked like a moment ago.. yet I clearly knew everything.."

She held his hand and looked at him with puppy eyes.  "I'm sowwie.."

"Ok, ok.. I got it.. I got it.."  He removed her hand from his.  "You're father wouldn't like this much you know."

She nods.  "But it's you.. so it should be fine."  Harumacchi continues to look at the opposite side and slowly blushed.

I'm Laknara Piatha.  Mew is my nickname.  Miura Haruma.. is my precious Harumacchi.  His father and mines are best pals, though we live in different countries.  My family and his go back to almost a decade.  You can say that I've also known Harumacchi for a decade as well.  He's like an older brother to me.  I have to say it's a bit funny in a way though.. because I slightly forgot about him when I arrived in Japan.  I blame it on the incident that just occurred though..  I feel like it was a prank from Harumacchi in a way, maybe, maybe not.  Just knowing that he'll be by my side here in Japan makes me that much more relaxed.  I must admit though.. that seeing how much his looks changed surprised me.  He looks so much manlier and stronger now.  Sigh, my precious Harumacchi is grown now too, just like me.  Boohoo, he did give me a scare though.  I really didn't know it was him.  I really should've read my email before heading out to Japan!

Harumacchi at your service!  Sigh, I wanted to say that to Mew but.. I felt like it might've been a bit awkward you know.  I mean yeah, we talk through letters and chats but.. come on.. we're finally meeting after so long.  She didn't even remembered how I looked like.  Well, it's my fault.  I kept telling her to send me pics of her every time it's her birthday.. and I said I'll do the same, though I lied every single time.  I've always known she was a sweet girl.  Too sweet to be exact, and because of that she's a bit too careless.  I don't know what I should do with her.  But what can I do and say.  This little lady stole my heart ever since then.. I wonder if she'll even remember what I'm talking about if I was to ever ask her.  Goodness, when she hugged me earlier.. I almost wanted to hug her back.. but of course I was a 'stranger' at that time.. But when she held my hand.  Oh goodness!!! I had to remove my hand because I was starting to sweat bullets.  No I'm not having an allergic reaction.  She just doesn't know that she makes me hot!  Hot in a good fuzzy way.  Just what the heck am I talking about?  I feel so mushy gushy.. Yikes!  I'm embarrassed!

Finally, my chapter is up... I hope it's understandable and enjoyable like Iya's & Narkrakdin24's s far.. :p  Sigh, it seems cheerful for now.. but once my story kicks in to play.. it'll get somewhat dark.. oi.. so let's enjoy this happy time for now :p

And hmm, I hope this chapter was decent length.. I usually write pretty short chapters.. This chapter is basically my intro the characters.. more loosely focused on Mew & Haruma :D  Sato, not so much.. just a teeny weeny itty bit.. *coughcough* 

Oh yes, an important note.. When Mew reached Japan.. The language is all in Japanese throughout.. no longer Thai.. (only when she was leaving the airport in the beginning)

And hmm.. what do you guys think about those little 'thoughts' they have towards the end.. should I keep them or remove them?  I'm debating.. hmm..  anyways, enough with my chitchatting.. ENJOY!  I can't wait to see what Iya comes up with... wheee <3  I feel like we're starting off quite smooth *Hi5 ladies!

& @narkrakdin24.  when you put Tsuruga Ren.. did you mean the Tsuruga Ren from Skip Beat? :p or a different one.. ahaha... XP

Iya

sarNie Adult
I love your chapter, especially Harumacchi! He's so...so..damn, can't get the right words, but somehow he put a smile to my face and I'm like blushing in reading his POV. lol. I can't wait to read more of him. 

Mew instantly struck me as a damsel in distress. When reading, I can't help but feel a hint of sadness inside her, even though she acted cheerful. I'm curious to what had happened between her and her father.

Takeru on the other hand...hmmm, there's not much to say about him yet. But I admit that I'm not really taken with him at the moment. He seemed a jerk, but hopefully I'll start to like him more as the story goes on.

Other than that, great start Aiko! I really like it. :D I know I'm being selfish, but please write more about Hiromacchi!!!!! I think I'm falling for him. hehe.  :wink:

Okie, my turn... see ya with a new chapter later this week.

BTW, I love all the posters you've made so far. I confess I haven't started mine since I'm so caught up with my hectic weekend. But I'll get around to them later this week also. :D

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
I loved your chapter Aikoden. It's long and interesting. All three of you are starting off really great so far. I'm looking forward to reading more, updates soon guys. :)

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
Thank you, ladies.   You all are very talented writers!

I like all three chapters and I don't mind long chapters.  Keep up the good work!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Thanks ladies.. I'm glad y'all enjoy it.

@Iya.. Harumacchi almost didn't make it into my story.. I wrote like about 2 different chapter before coming up with this one..  but of course, I wasn't satisfied until I decided to use Harumacchi!  I love Miura Haruma.. I was originally going to use him as the 'bad student council president' but I just couldn't do it... boohoo.. I have a different character in mind to play that character now.. hoohoo..  but yes, I'm glad to know you like the character.. I do too <3 Of course I'll include him more in my story.. :p  As for Takeru, yes he seems jerkish.. but there's always a reason.. *wink*

@narkrakdin24, gahhhhh.. I knew it <3<3<3  I love Skip Beat!! I wait daily every month patiently for a new chapter :D :D :D  I love how you're using them anime characters <3

Iya

sarNie Adult
@aiko. haha. I can't wait to read more but I have this feeling that I will love Harumacchi alot! :D

I already started my chapter but I won't be finished till at least this weekend. I'll submit it as soon as I'm done.

Iya

sarNie Adult
Okay ladies. Here's the next long chapter. Now, before you kill me, I would to say that I did try. But in my defense, I would like to say that if I cut my chapter down, then my would proceed twice as long as you guys. Please forgive me. :D

Enjoy! Again, please pardon any grammar errors, confusions, etc. :D

Chapter 4:

Hua Hin, Thailand
    Thararin Resort

“The bastard.” Barry growled seethingly into the line, rage filled him as he listened to the latest report one of his men was currently reporting to him.

“My exact same thought,” Bruce informed, his voice matching that of Barry's. “You don’t know how much I wanted to pummel the son of a ***. He humiliated her in front of her friends and family. Then the bastard had the audacity to get cozy with her sister. Thank god she is a level headed woman and spurred his advances or I’d have interfered. And trust me, there’ll be nothing left of him when I finish and I mean that literally.”

Barry couldn't help but but shuddered at the thought. Bruce was lethal and dangerous, and that was a fact. Bruce could do more than just rearrange faces and Barry knew that any man stupid enough to cross Bruce had walked away with much more than just damaged pride. No, a damaged pride would be merciful and Bruce was not a merciful man. He’d seen Bruce in action, both in and out of the field, and he was a man any with an instinct for self-preservation would not want to cross.

He and Bruce had a history that dated back to his early days ZEALs, when they were assigned together in a mission to infiltrate a high-leveled security facility where the daughter of a senator was held in captivity. Not only was it a suicide mission for just two men, but the outcome had been brutal because of the men they were forced to kill, many times with their bare hands. By the time they were able to retrieve the traumatized girl, Bruce and Barry had earned more than just respect of one another. They had formed a bond so great that rivaled only by his brother. The mission was a success but it was one of the experiences Barry still hadn't recovered from even after his many seasoned years in the force. What he also learned that day was that Bruce was a walking, talking lethal weapon of war.

Bruce had long left the force after the damaged to his shoulder and lungs from a grenade launcher in his final assignment in Iraq. He almost didn’t make it. Miraculously however, he managed to pull through the extensive surgical procedures to remove the slivers and a metal splinter that pierced his lungs and bounced back into his usual self just weeks after. The lucky bastard even married the doctor who administered the surgery for Christ’s sake! The thought made Barry smiled and for a moment, he almost forgot about the matter at hand.

They have a saying; once a ZEAL, always a ZEAL. So even after settling into a happy married life and Bruce found that life in idleness doesn't suit him. In the end, Bruce had taken a page from Zane’s book and became a tracker, working for Zane and Barry. Currently however, Barry had Bruce keep surveillance on Crystal for the duration for her stay in Thailand. 

Contrary to what Crystal believed, he knew much more about her than he let on. In fact, since becoming friends, Barry had learned almost everything there is to know about her. Because of the nature of their career, Barry and Zane had to always had background check on everyone who entered their life, including their close friends. It was something both he and Zane had felt guilty in doing, but with their knowledge and access to military information, especially in relate the security aspects of the nation, they must always be on guard. And in having to check Crystal’s private background, Zane, Luna and Barry had not just uncover her secret identity, but had discovered truth behind her secret. 

After learning all there was to know, they had understood her reasons for acting so. And because she was a cherished friend of theirs, Zane had lend a hand in helping to cover any loopholes that Crystal and her sister had overlooked in their charade. Barry himself had men assigned to Crystal for routine surveillance and the task of routing out any possible threat to her. Because Crystal’s sister was also involved, the effort had also extended to her, despite their having never met. Barry and his family don’t plan on revealing what they knew, nor will they will ever do so. After all, it was already something that Zane and Barry already had set up for his immediate family, and since Crystal had a legit reason, they don’t mind adding another person to their list.

The man Barry had assigned to Crystal and her sister had taken a necessary leave a month ago, so Bruce had volunteered to take over for the time being.

“Don’t do anything rash,” he reminded. “I don’t want our position revealed. Just do routine surveillance and if there’s anything wrong, proceed as usual. If necessary, contact me or Zane. Otherwise, stay invisible.”

“Roger that,” Bruce said and Barry knew he was grinning on the other line. “ Wouldn't do anything to threaten our presence. The poor girl had more than she can handle.” There was a moment of pause. “Their rotten excuse of a father wouldn't even show up for the welcoming party.”

Barry suppressed his anger. “That may be a blessing in disguise,” he replied as he looked down at his wristwatch. “ I've got to go. Call me if there’s any problem.”

They bid farewell and Barry walked out into his front porch to glanced at the neighboring cottage next to his. 

Nothing.

The cottage was still empty. A frown marred his eyebrow as he glanced at his watch again. She’s over an hour late. He quickly processed his mind for all the possible reasons for her being late. She had left her apartment this morning so she should arrived by now. The traffic shouldn't delay her as he gave her plenty of time in his ETA. That would only leave emergency delays. 

With that thought in mind, he quickly cleared the porch and got into the huge truck Bruce had lend him. He couldn't suppressed his smile as the engine roared to life with a turn of the key. Bruce was a maniac with his rides. He wouldn’t drive anything that isn't a four wheel drive with all-terrain wheels. This Jeep was shipped to him from a U.S. military base stationed far out at sea. Somehow, he managed to get his friends to ship over two, lending one to Barry as soon as he arrived. Lucky bastard, he thought. Not that Barry’s complaining. Give him a Jeep over a luxury car any day and he’ll die a happy man. 

Barry navigated out of the resort, his eyes scanning the secluded wooded road for a blue Honda sedan. About five miles out, he hit the jackpot. Bingo

Cautiously, he did a U-turn and parked his truck behind the sedan. Within a few seconds, he observed and summed up the situation at hand, took another few seconds to set his composure, and with one fluid movement, exited the truck.

“Need any help?” he asked, keeping his tone light and friendly as he slammed the truck door behind him.

Yaya couldn’t believe her rotten luck she stared dumbstruck at her engine, trying to sum up any prior knowledge of their works. But she really had no idea what was wrong with it. One moment she had been driving and the next thing she knew, the car started to slow down. Then it coughed and died just moments after she managed to pull to the side of the road. She sighed. 

There not much more she could do but wait. She had called the resort and they’d told her someone was on their way. Leaving the hood opened, she went to lean on the passenger side of the car, resigned to her fate. There’s another four miles she would have to go if she were to walk, and Yaya didn't feel like walking. Besides, she didn't want to miss the help on the road.

A smile curved at her lips as she remembered Mint’s warning about the danger of bringing her beloved Honda sedan. They were meeting up for a outing, just the two of them. Since Yaya wasn't able to make it to the welcoming party, Mint told her that she could make it up if Yaya treats her to a movie and dinner afterward. She had heartily agreed. Well, now Mint will have a reason help argue her case. She was determined for Yaya to get a new car.

“Please don’t tell me you’re gonna bring that piece of junk with you,” Mint said in dismay as they exited the theater and headed down the street to a popular diner. Since it was in walking distance, the two decided to walk rather than take their car. “I don’t think it can make the trip. Something might come up and you’ll be stranded.”

Yaya laughed. Mint had a peeve against her car from the moment she'd set her eyes on it. She had a distaste for settling for less when you can afford better. And she felt that Yaya could do better with a brand new car. But for the life of Yaya, she didn't have it in her to get rid of the sedan. It was her first car and it was the source of many cherished memories she shared with her father and the rest of the family. Her father taught her how to drive in it, and she bonded with her brothers whenever they were around to tune it up or fix anything they feel needed to be done. She had also gone on many wonderful trips with her mother in it. So when she relocated to Bangkok, she had it shipped over and got a foreign car permit.

“You should rent a car,” Mint continued. “Hua Hin is quite a drive and the road to Thararin is quite wooded. I’ve been there. The resort is very nice and the beach is lovely, but the location is off a wooded forest far from Hua Hin itself. If  you want, I’ll lend you my car. I can make do with the company car for the time being.”

Yaya shook her head. “No thanks. I wouldn't even want to touch your car. I’m afraid I’ll break something,” she teased, knowing how much Mint is in love with the new car Crystal got her. “By the way, I heard Mark will be your new pra’ek.”

Mint slowed her steps, her forehead frowning and her lips curled in disgust. “Don’t even bring that up. I’m still trying to find ways to pull out. After what happened, I don’t even want to breathe the same air as him.”

“Well, when you’re acting, you’ll be doing more than just breathe the same air. I've read the script. A lot of hugging, kissing, intimate bed scenes and then more kissing and huggi--”

Mint quickly covered her ears with her hand. “Don’t say anymore!”

Yaya laughed, and Mint glared at her. Yaya laughed harder. Hey, if she cannot tease a friend, what else could she do? She’d spent most of her time in her own company so she’ll make the most of her time with her friends. A thought crossed her mind and she immediately sobered. “All joking aside, I support whatever decision you make, Mint. With what happened between Crystal and Mark, it’s better to cut the connections. But in our profession, we have more to consider. Professionalism doesn't allow for personal feelings.”

Her friend lowered her hands. “I know and I thank you for the support. But I don’t know how I’ll manage to keep myself from killing him on the spot. He hurt her, Yaya. And I don’t take that lightly. Just the thought of being polite with him drove me crazy.”

“That’s why I said I support you in every decision you make. And for all that’s worth, I’m sure Crystal thinks the same. She would want to you do what’s best for your career.”

Mint nodded and they resumed walking again. Noticing that her friend was quiet and probably needing a little time to herself, Yaya turned to face Mint and walked backward as she smiled. “I need to use the restroom, so I’ll go first. See you there!” Mint nodded her consent and Yaya set off. 

She was already across the street when she looked back to see if Mint had followed. But a horrified crossed her faced as she saw that an absent-minded Mint was crossing the street. It wasn't the traffic that horrified her. The light was still red and the blinking indicator still allowed walkers to cross. What terrified her was the silver BMW that came speeding toward her. “Mint! Watch out!”

But she was too late, the car sideswiped Mint, sending her flying a few feet into the street. Screams were heard over the squealing of tires as the driver slammed the brake, coming to a screeching halt not far from the accident. Yaya ran across the street, heart in her throat. “Mint!” 

She pushed and squeezed her way through the people crowding around the scene and dropped to her knees in front of Mint. She was laying on her back, her eyes opened but blank. “Mint!” Yaya shook her friend, determined to see if she would respond. She heard passerby yelling for someone to call for police and an ambulance. Another voice ordered someone to go check on the driver. But she paid them no heed. “Mint! Can you hear me? Mint, please! Mint!”

No response.

Tears blurred Yaya eyes and she quickly wiped them away. “Mint! Mint! Please answer me. Please.”

Suddenly, she saw Mint blinked. Again. Twice more. Relief flooded through her. “Mint!” If she was conscious, that must mean she wasn't hurt as badly as she’d thought.

Mint's hand came up to her head as she blinked a few more times. “What happened?”

Yaya couldn't contained herself and a laugh mixed with a great relief escaped her. She felt silly for laughing, but she couldn't help it. “You got sideswipe by a car,” she said, somehow managing to sound calm and teasing. “What an idiot you are. Don’t you know you must look both ways before crossing the street?”

Mint finally looked at her and a frown marred her face. “You’re crying,” she stated. 

Yaya managed a smile. “No I’m not. Dust got into my eyes.”

Mint rolled her eyes and held out a hand to Yaya. “Help me up. The concrete is not comfortable.”

Yaya jumped to her feet and carefully pulled her friend up, her watery eyes staking Mint for any bleeding or injury. Strangely, there was nothing, not even signs of scratch. A frown marred her forehead. “Do you feel any pain?”

Mint shook her head. “No. I’m just disoriented. The last thing I remembered was hearing you called my named and the next thing I knew, I felt something hit me, sending me flying. I must have bounced on concrete twice because I blanked out after the second time.”

“Twice? No, you went flying and landed right away. You didn't bounce. You must be more disoriented than I thought.”

Frowning, Mint was silent as if she’s trying to remember what happened. “Are you sure? I know I must have bounced because I felt an impact as soon as the car hit me and then blanked out after a second impact a few second later. Now that I think about it, that’s exactly what happened. I remembered.”

Yaya shook her head. “No,” she said, worried that Mint wasn't as okay after all. Who would be? After what happened. She may even sustained a head injury from the impact. “I saw the car sending you flying across the street and you skid a little on the pavement before you stop. You must have felt that. Turn around, I want to see you back. Huh? That’s odd, there’s no skid marks ” Before Yaya could assess the information, she heard the sirens coming. 

In a matter of second, two patrol cars and an ambulance stopped at the scene, cutting off traffic. Two officers were direct by the passerby to them as another went to disperse the crowd. EMT technicians immediately came for Mint, instantly asking questions and wasting no time in treating her. While Yaya was answering the questions the two officers were asking her, she saw another ambulance stopped at the scene as two more EMT technician rushed to the driver’s side of the silver BMW. 

The driver was a he, leaning against the hood of his car with his back facing her. Yaya note the familiarity of his stature and frowned as she tried to recall where she had seen it before. One of the technician said something to him and he straightened and turned sideways as she leaned down to check something at his waist. Yaya’s eyes widened in shock as she stared at the face now halfway turned to her. She recognized that face. In fact, she was sure that everyone at the scene would recognized it. She put a hand to her lips and she looked over to Mint. 

The narrowing of her eyes and the glaring fire Mint sent in the direction of the BMW gave her away. She'd also recognized the identity of the driver. Instantly, Yaya felt an ominous premonition. This will not end well. For either party. 

As wont to do, Mint usually hang out with Yaya without her disguise as their friendship was already noted by the public. Oh how she wished Mint had used the disguise today. At least press coverage wouldn't be as devastating. Now that the identity of the driver was also noted, the press would have a field day. There was no way the two of them was getting out of this now, especially with the lakorn they’re were set to do. Mint will have to use her public image and identifications for the accident now that everyone recognized her. God, this is not going in a good direction.

Feeling a headache coming up, Yaya tried to brush aside the thoughts. From the sideline, she heard an officer asked the driver to identify himself. There was a small silence before the man spoke. “Mark Vinchatnakul.” He answered, a resigned tone was evidence in his voice. So was the slurred of speech as he informed the technician that he must call his lawyer. Even better, the man is drunk! Yaya’s ears started to hum as she heart Mint also gave the officer her identification. “Namsai,” she simply informed.

There was no need to say more. They knew who she was. 

Yaya rubbed her neck as she pushed aside the memories of what had happened after the next few days. The newspapers and magazine tabloids had their field day. It was the talk of the town. Pra’ek Ran Over His Nang’ek while Intoxicated, Scriptwriter Yaya Witnessed the Scene. The day after the accident, Yaya was forced to shut off her phone because the reporters had called her non-stop. Mint went back to being Chalida to escape the prying leechers for the time being. They were only able to communicate through video chat. Even now, one week after, she still bore the headache that came with the aftermath. Thank goodness Mint had convinced her to leave for Hua Hin since the trip was something Yaya had been planning for over a year.

At first, Yaya had wanted to stay and weather the storm with Mint. But Mint was adamant that her trip wouldn't be ruined because of the accident. And so, she was forced to leave her friend to fend for herself. 

Nevertheless, Yaya was more that grateful that Mint had come out of the accident unscratched. There wasn't even a bruise from the impact, a fact that amazed the EMT technicians at the scenes as well as the hospital staff who’d taken a look at her. They’d pronounced it a miracle because victims of such accident never came out unscratched. Yaya agreed.

Taking her phone from her pocket, she checked the time and frowned. She called the resort thirty five minutes ago. Without hesitation, she re-dialed the number and called them again. 

“We apologize, ma’am. I'd already sent a mechanic, and he’s on his way. He was unexpectedly delayed and had just left about ten minutes ago. He should be there shortly. Would you like us to send a ride to bring you here first?”

“No,” she answered. She didn't want to leave her car and decided that it wouldn't hurt to find out what was wrong with it. “I’ll leave with the mechanic.”

“Very good ma’am. Let us know if you change your mind.”

She thanked the lady and hung up. Resigning herself to another long wait, she busied herself with the camera she brought with her. Besides writing, she’d always have the passion for photography. There was never a day when she go without her camera. In her opinion, besides laptop computers, it is one of the greatest inventions ever. She wandered the side of the road, keeping her car in sight, and busied herself with taking snapshots of trees, plants, and the small critters she’d spotted. Her Canon D90 was a gift from her older brother, who also shared her passion for photography. In fact, he is a professional photographer and Yaya had learned quite a lot from him. When she had enough, she went back to lean against the driver door and scanned through the images she’d taken, deleting any images she felt was mediocre and couldn't be enhanced in her Photoshop CS6. 

Absorbed with her camera, she didn't become aware that a truck had just taken a u-turn and stopped behind her sedan. It wasn't until she heard a deep voice accompanied by the slamming of a car door that she realized she had company.

“Need any help?” a deep, vibrant voice asked. But the friendly tone in his voice did not help the shudder that reverberated through her, freezing her in place. It was a voice that she’d never heard before, yet was familiar to her. 

Hesitantly, she lowered her camera and looked over at the man who was approaching her. She couldn't see his face as his back is to the sun. She also couldn't make out his features even as he stopped a few feet in front of her and stood silhouetted in the light. But the strides he made as he walked was familiar to her as was the broad shoulders of his and the big presence he eluded. 

Logically, she knew that she’d never met this man before. His presence was not of someone easily forgotten. In fact, it’ll inspired quite the opposite effect. Another shudder ran through her as she suddenly realized why he was familiar to her.

Disgusted with herself for even having such thoughts, she reminded herself that this is reality and that the man in front of her was a stranger and he was only there to fix her car. Her dreams, no matter no vivid and real they were, were only dreams.

Her car. Shoot!

He was here for the car. What was wrong with her? She cannot let her dreams start controlling her life too. 

Heart hammering in her chest, she offered him a fleeting smile. “Are you here to fix the car?” Despite her efforts, her voice came out low and husky. In disgust, she realized there was also a hint of fear in it.

The man looked at her car for a moment and then back at her. “Actually no. I was just driving by and saw your predicament. I thought I’ll make myself useful and help out.”

She frowned. “You’re not the mechanic?” she asked, forgetting herself  in that moment.

He grinned, or at least she thought he did. She still couldn't make out his face. “No. I’m not.” He held out a hand to her. “I’m Heath Masters. Here on a vacation. My friends and family call me Barry, and since I only answer to that, you can call me that too.”

“Heath Masters,” she repeated the name on her lips and hesitantly shook his hand. Her hand was smaller than his and she felt dwarf as his hand enveloped hers in a warm grip. At his touch, she felt a burning spark that instantly ran up her arms and that almost made her flinch. Uncomfortable with the awareness, she politely pulled her hand and and sought to continue the conversation. “You’re a foreigner?”

He gave a short nod as he moved towards the hood of her car. “United States,” he confirmed as he poked his head under the hood. “What’s wrong with it?”

She turned to face him, but he was already bent under the hood. “I don’t know. I was driving fine until it started to slow on me. As soon as I pulled to the side, it died.”

He accepted the information and stayed quiet as he poked and prodded the engine as if waiting for something. It was another moment before he spoke again. “You got a name? Or you planning on staying a stranger.”

Yaya blushed, embarrassed that she’d forgotten her manners. “Oh! I’m sor-- I’m Urassaya Sperbund. Yaya for short if that’s easier for you.” She steeled herself as she waited for him to show any sign of recognition but she felt relieved when he didn't  From experience, whenever people recognized her, there were always countless questions and Yaya had always felt uncomfortable. She’s flattered her work was popular but fame has a way of losing its appeal when you’re constantly bugged about it.

“Yaya,” he said softly. There was a hint of a smile as he said it. She didn't see his face, but somehow she knew. She wasn't sure why, but she did and that send a shiver down her back. “Well, problem’s found. You blew your water hose. That’s easily fix.”

“It is possible to fix it now?”

“Only if you have a spare hose in your trunk, which I highly doubt. A water hose is not something you’ll keep in case of road emergencies. You said a mechanic is coming earlier? Then he should have something at his shop.”

“Oh.” Yaya tensed in nervousness at the silence that followed. 

“I’ll take you back to the resort. Chances are the mechanic will have go back for the parts before he can get the car fix. You can come with me since we’re heading to the same place.”

The first thought that came to mind was to refuse. He was a stranger, someone she’d never met. He could be a criminal or a predator and it’ll be safer for her to politely refuse and wait for the mechanic. As soon as the thought entered her mind, she felt instantly guilty. What is wrong with her? 

If he was a criminal with a mindset to hurt her, he would do so by now. They were already alone on a secluded road, miles from help, so there was no need for him to act polite and look at her car. There was nothing and nobody to stop him. He could have easily grabbed her and threw her into the car and none would be the wiser.

Recalling what he’d said earlier, she asked, “You’re staying at Thararin Resort?”

“Yes. Going on two weeks now,” he answered.

Curious, she couldn't help herself for digging more. “You speak very fluent Thai. If you didn't give me your name, I would have never guess you’re foreign.”

He laughed, the sound sending a pleasant shiver through her. “That’s courtesy to my mom. She was adamant that her children know the languages of their origins. But then again, I take after my grandfather, who was full blooded Thai. I’m only a quarter but my genes told a different story.”

“I see...” she said. Only she didn't  Not that it was her fault. The man was still bent over her car, his face and features hidden by the blue hood. 

“Well, the water hose is the only things that’s keeping your car here. I've checked everything else and they’re fine. Get your traveling cases. I’ll help load them into my truck and we’ll be on our way.”

Realizing that he had taken her inquiries as her assent in accepting the ride, she made a move to state otherwise. But she paused at the words. There was no reason for her to be afraid. Again, if he meant her any harm, he would have done so even now.

With that logic calming her fears she loaded her camera back into its case and popped open the truck for her suitcase. The suitcase wasn't big, but it was packed with her laptop, a few novels and a few lakorn scripts to review. She struggled with it for a moment until a dark hand brushed her hands aside and pulled it out as easily as if it was a feather. She grabbed her purse from her passenger seat and the camera bag and followed him to his truck, where he told her to go ahead to the passenger side. She did as instructed and while he loading her suitcase, she called the resort to let them know that she’d gotten a ride with Barry. At the mention of the name, the lady confirmed that he was staying with them and went on to reassured her that he would be bringing her back safely. From the sound of her voice, Yaya could tell that she was charmed by the stranger as much as she was. Reassured that she was in safe hands, she familiarized herself with his truck.

Somehow, it didn't surprise her to see that the truck was a foreign Jeep. She was not familiar with cars, but she knew instantly that this was a four-wheel drive, an all terrain machine. That made her smile. Her father had always told her that you can tell a man by his wheels. From their conversation and the way he presented himself earlier and now seeing his ride, she knew instinctively that Health ‘Barry’ Master was a man in his element, comfortable and reassured no matter where he may be. “You ready?” he asked after he opened the driver side door. She look up at him in answer. 

But her answer died in her lips as she watched him settled behind the wheel. Her heart almost failed her as he straightened and turn to face her. Since they were in his truck, she was no longer staring at him through the hard light. Instead the sunlight glinted from the driver’s window, making a halo around his features. It illuminated his dark hair and revealed every feature of his face, the thick sharp eyebrows, the boyish dimples as he presented her with an unreadable smile, and a set of dark eyes that seemed to see into her very soul, even as they were glinting in playfulness.

Taking her silence as a consent, he put the car in gear and pulled out into the road. Speechless, all Yaya could do was stare, not believe what --or rather, who-- she was seeing. He took her staring in great stride, and continued to driving. Somehow, Yaya managed to looked forward and stared into the road, not seeing anything that passed them and was thankful that he wasn't trying to make a conversation.

So her imagination wasn't playing with her after all. Her mind struggled to make sense of what was happening, but for the first time in her life, logic completely left her. 

The trip was shorter than she expected and they arrived at the resort’s entrance not long after. Numbed, Yaya found herself being ushered by the resort staff to the front desk where she was given the key to her cottage and was given a verbal tour of the place. After seeing to her needs, the manager, a kind petite lady named Kim, personally walked her to her cottage, located close to the shore, and apologized for tardiness of mechanic. Yaya managed to reassure her that there wasn't any hard feelings and she understood the reason for delay. 

It wasn't until she was standing in front of the cottage after Kim bid her goodbye that she realized Barry was with her the whole time. Trying to keep her composure, she managed a smile and held out her hand to him. “Thank you for giving me a ride and diagnosing my car. I greatly appreciated that.”

He smiled, his dimples flashing and her heart beat rapidly at the sight. “You’re welcome. I’m glad to help.” He shook her hand and Yaya was reminded once more of how small her hands were compared to his. The burning sensation was also there, shooting up her arm and then along her body. She shivered and wrapped her arms around herself the moment he released her. “Where do you want me to put this?” 

She looked down as he present her the suitcase he still held in his hand. Embarrassed that he had played the bellboy all this time, she quickly unlocked the door to her cottage and allowed him to place it by the door. When he stood in front of her porch once more, she thanked him again.

“You’re welcome, again,” he said, amused. “I’m glad to meet you, Yaya Sperbund. And to be of help. Since you’re just arriving I’ll be leaving you to unpack. If you need anything, you can come get me next door.” At her frown at the information, he grinned, laughter in his eyes. “We’re next door neighbors. So we’ll be seeing a lot of each other.”

He turned to go and Yaya took a hasty stepped toward the door until she was standing in the doorway. She watched as he go down the steps and headed towards the cottage next to hers. Suddenly, he paused and turned around. Upon seeing her in the doorway, he sighed and made his way back onto her porch, mounting the steps in easy strides. 

She frowned as he stopped once more in front of her and seemed to be battling with himself. Finally, he spoke. “Don’t ever -- and I mean ever -- get into a car with a stranger when you’re alone again. There’s are all kind of creeps in this world. Men who wouldn't think anything of throwing you into their car and hurt you. Pardon me for swearing, but you’re lucky that I’m not one of those no good bastards.”

Yaya was taken aback by his outburst. “The next time your car broke down, you call for help and keep yourself far away from your car, at least twenty feet,” he continued. “ If you can find a place to conceal yourself, do so, and stay there until help arrives. Bring all your valuable possessions and a weapon to protect yourself, got that? For God’s sake, woman, don’t you have any sense of self-preservation? You were in a secluded road and all you did was played with your camera. Someone could have grabbed you and you wouldn't know what will happened until it’s too late. The thought of what might have happened drove me crazy.”

Speechless, she watched as he shoved his hand through his hair as if he’s trying to control himself. “I’m sorry for raising my voice, but I wanted to get my point across. My father was a sheriff and we've seen women in situations that could been avoidable had they be more cautious. I don’t take it lightly when I see people acting so careless. I know it was not in my place to reprimand you, but I am not sorry for lecturing you about your safety.”

He was right. It wasn't his place. He was a stranger, someone she had just about an hour ago. Yaya knew she should be angry and offended by this. But his apology was sincere and there was honesty in his words, and that went along way in helping her understand his reasons for the outburst. In fact, she thought it was sweet of him and it spoke more for his character than he realized. “If it helps, I actually considered refusing your help until I realized that had you wanted to hurt me, there would be nothing to stop you from grabbing me right then and there. Also, I consider myself a good judge of character and you don’t strike me as a criminal or rapist.”

He narrowed his eyes at her. “You could have judged wrong,” he said, not buying her game. “But you’re right, I’m not a criminal or rapist.” He crossed his arms, insulted that he was even considered such.

The expression on his face made her laughed, for a moment forgetting her shock and awareness of him. He glared at her, or at least tried to, but Yaya could see the amusement in his eyes. It was deep and warm as he stared at her, as if trying to savor the moment. Embarrassed, Yaya cleared her throat. “Thank you for the warning and the advice. Honestly, this is the first time my car died on me. My brothers had always keep it up and running for me. I guess being away from home made me realized how much I needed them.”

His eyes softened and his hand reached up to caress her face. She flinched from the contact and he frowned, his eyes flashing. His hand dropped but not before she saw it clenched and unclenched, as if trying to control himself. Putting his hand into his pocket, he managed a thin smile, the tension around them heavier than ever. “Well, I guess I’ll go and let you unpack. See you tomorrow, Yaya.”

Motionless, she watched him walk away. Once he disappeared into his cottage, Yaya managed to shut her door and leaned against it as blood drained from her face. Now that he was gone, she was left to deal with the shock and amazement of the situation. Feeling dizzy and faint, she let herself dropped onto the floor and wrapped her arms around her knees. A buzzing started in her ear and grew louder by the moment, and her body felt numb to the bone. She let her head hang forward to let the dizziness fade. 

Her eyes gradually watered until she felt tears escalated from droplets to streams of water. For reasons beyond her, she allowed herself to cry as she never before. She cried because she felt as if her comfortable world, her safe haven, is starting to unravel around her. She cried because a part of her is rejoicing for some unknown reason. She cried for no other reason than for having the ability to do so.

It was him!

There was no mistaking it. She had dreamed of him almost every nights for the last five years. He had held her in them, had loved her, had made love to her. No. There was no mistaking him. She would recognize him anywhere. She had earlier when his voice was the first thing she heard. When he turned to look at her in the truck, every cell in her body sparked in recognition. 

Heath ‘Barry’ Masters was the man in her dreams. 

Saskia perched on the on the bed as she watched Syrena trying to come to term with what happened. Her lips formed into a thin line as she tried to resist the urge from going to comfort her. Unlike Dante, Syrena had taken everything harder and had resisted her help to the very soul. She had always done do. Saskia didn't blame her, she knew why and understood her reasons, even though Syrena herself doesn't.

She only hoped Syrena would start to accept. She couldn't afford not to. This was their last chance. If they don’t use the last gift she bestowed on them to their advantage, then they’ll be lost to each other forever.

Turning in the direction of Dante’s cottage, she could see him battling with himself. He was trying to force himself from coming to her, to allow her to come to term with his existence. And she could see that he was doing all he could to fight the temptation. Saskia lit with hope. If she could depend on anyone, she could with Dante. He was always steadfast and determined. He would never let Syrena slip from his fingers again. Now that this was their last chance, he would move heaven and hell before he allow her to be taken from him.

With that comforting thought, Saskia allowed herself to evaporated into the air. It had been hard the last few decades. She doesn't have the strength she used to after she lost her ability to morph and to fly as freely as she once had. 

Her wings had been the first to go after bestowing the gift. Then her ability to morph into human form. For almost three decades, she had drifted like the wind, only having enough energy to perform her job, but not enough to gather her strengths.

“Do you need help?” 

She looked up to find Virnia standing in front of her, her face grim as she stared at the blanket of air in front of her. 

“No,” Saskia, answered, her voice emanating from the air. “It’ll pass. I’ll be back into form soon.”

Virnia frowned. “I thought that taking the form of that human girl you saved had cured you of this problem.”

“No, it hadn't  At least it had not gone completely. I've been able to stay in form longer and longer. I’m sure that I will remain so soon. These episodes had been receding.”

Sighing, Virnia stared at Syrena, who was still crying by the door. “You shouldn't have given them that gift. Now you’re suffering. Is it worth it?”

“I don’t regret it. I knew what I was doing when I gave it to them.”

“You may not regret it, but Keelia and I, as well as the rest of the Guardians, found it hard that you’re in such a state.”

“I’m sorry. I didn't know that all of you feel that way.”

Virnia’s face softened a moment. “You should return to the Sanctuary to rest. It’s an unusual miracle that you've somehow obtained the form of that Mint Panutpai at that accident, but don’t take it for granted.”

Saskia knew Virnia was right. It was a miracle for her, something that none of the Guardians had foreseen nor understood. Saskia herself was at lost of how it occurred. 

At the time, she was just following Syrena, her airy form floating in the wind when the accident happened. One moment Syrena's best friend, Mint, had been crossing the street, walking through her as many other humans did, and the next she was suddenly hit by the car. The impact sent her flying back into Saskia and at that precise moment, a jolt had emanated through both Saskia and Mint before Mint hit the pavement, unscratched, as if a powerful force had cushioned her. Saskia herself, a little disoriented, found that she had taken human form again, something that she wasn’t able to do for three decades, when she was suddenly able to see a hand in front of her.

At first, she thought her powers had returned to her. It was only later that she discovered that it had not. What’s even more puzzling was that she was the exact replica of Mint, as if the jolt had merge their form just before she hit the pavement.

From then on, whenever she regains enough energy, she would be able to morph into human form. She also discovered that with passing time she was able to stay longer in that form. Her power seem to also return little by little. She couldn't use them as before, but it was good to know that she had them again. 

Saskia was sure that eventually, she would recover her form and would be able to use her powers. She’ll only have to wait. The pleasure of being able to go back into human form, in any form for that matter, was better than her current existence as air and she felt as if she would burst in excitement. She didn't know when it will happen, but she knew it would come soon. 

Virnia held out her hand. “Heaven’s Hand ordered me to come down. He wants you back at the Sanctuary. He said you’re just recovering your powers and he wants you by his side when you do.”

“But..”

“Heaven Hand’s order. Dante and Syrena will be fine without you. You can still do your job from up there.”

Saskia hesitated. “ They've just reunited. I want to be here and oversee them.”

“And do what? You can’t influenced them anymore than you had before. No one can. Just come with me now and recover. Your powers may return faster if you with us instead of staying on Earth.”

Seeing the determined eyes, Saskia sighed and allow Virnia to transfers some of her powers over to her. It was enough for Saskia to revert to human form and follow her back.

Before she left, she looked over once more to Syrena. You have to accept, she thought, hoping Syrena would heed her advice. Accept and trust.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

That's all for now. I think the last part (Saskia's) was a little confusing, but I don't want to put it off longer. Editing need a fresh mind and at the moment, I'm not. I'll come back later and re-read it to see if there's anything that needs editing. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. i had fun writing it even as I rushed through. lol :D

Let me know what you think of it.

P.S. Poster is still in the works since I put it off in favor of finishing this chapter.  :dance1:

I can't wait to read the next two chapters! So aiko and narkrakdin, don't keep us waiting. :D

narkrakdin24^^

sarNie Adult
Oui thank you!!! I love this chapter!! Lol at "Pra'ek runs over his Nang'ek while intoxicated, scriptwriter Yaya witnesses incident". Wow. Mark, oh, Mark.
And I love Yaya and Nadech's character!
And is it my turn or still yours? :)

narkrakdin24^^

sarNie Adult
@Iya
Feel free to call me Nark or Nati. And how can I not love it? It's so cute! Great. I am writing my continuation right now but I will not have it up today.