Heath Ledger dead

cecilia

Staff member
Anyone heard of this news : .. yup, he's died :(
Heath Ledger dead

Posted 1 hour 3 minutes ago
Updated 14 minutes ago
Australian actor Heath Ledger has been found dead in his Manhattan apartment, possibly of a drug overdose.

Police spokesman Paul Browne has confirmed Perth-born Ledger, 28, was found dead by a housekeeper at his apartment in the trendy SoHo neighbourhood.

"We are investigating the possibility of an overdose," Mr Browne said.

According to Mr Browne, the housekeeper found Ledger at 3:26pm (7:26am AEDT) and tried to wake him for his appointment to have a massage.

As far as Mr Browne knows, only Ledger and the housekeeper were in the apartment.

Lieutenant John Grimpal from the New York Police Department says drugs were found at the scene, but investigators are yet to determine how he died.

"There was some type of drugs found," he said.

"Unknown what type right now.

"The medical examiner will determine if that ... caused his death or if something else caused his death."

Ledger was nominated for a best actor Oscar for his role as a gay cowboy in Brokeback Mountain. He did not win. The award went to Philip Seymour Hoffman for his role as Truman Capote.

The film's director, Ang Lee, had hailed Ledger's performance as a "miracle" of acting, reminiscent of a young Marlon Brando.

Margaret Pomeranz from ABC TV's At The Movies says she is devastated by the news.

"I am so upset ... he's such a talented boy and really I think a beautiful soul," she said.

"I think to choose the roles he's chosen showed just such intelligence."

The handsome star and his long-time companion, actress Michelle Williams, separated last year.

Williams is mother of the actor's young daughter, Matilda.

Ledger's other film credits included A Knight's Tale, The Patriot and Monster's Ball.

He was one of several actors playing a role representing Bob Dylan I'm Not There.

He will appear as The Joker in the next Batman film The Dark Knight. The film is currently in post-production.

- ABC/Reuters : http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/01/23/2144369.htm

sunisa

it is surprising cuz i went to yahoo to check my mail and there it was on the front page "Heath Ledger found dead."i was just watching E! news about him yesterday and now he's dead.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Yeah, I woke up from nap to check my e-mail and saw the story on MSN.
I had to do a double take. Man that sucks, I really liked him as an actor.
He's so young, seemed to have come out of the blue.
My condolence to his family . :(

ChenrukNote

Goddess
It was funny because at work, I went to deliver corrected invoices and my coworker told me and it was pretty shocking. So sudden. LOL the accounting girls said they wouldn't be surprised if it was Britney Spears but Heath Ledger......

queeny_bee

sarNie Juvenile
this is sad. he is such a good actor. I couldn't wait to see him as joker on dark knight! so sad, i know that after that film he would be even more famous that he is now. it seems like a promising movie. we shall remember him once dark knight comes out on theater.

sugar

เฟริสค่ะ
It was a shock because no one saw it coming and there weren't any signs of trouble in his life, however his friend recently publicly said that he was dealing with depression for awhile after his separation with Michelle Williams. He will greatly be missed, that's for certain.

jeanie

sarNie Adult
There are some wild rumors out there. I read somewhere that some thinks his Joker role in Batman got to him since he was method acting. He had some kind of diary or something where he wrote some disturbing things.

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed
They said he was exhausted playing that role...and after seeing the movie, I can understand why...he was really good in it, and I'm so proud to be his fan.

akinoyume

sarNie Hatchling
There are some wild rumors out there. I read somewhere that some thinks his Joker role in Batman got to him since he was method acting. He had some kind of diary or something where he wrote some disturbing things.
They said he was exhausted playing that role...and after seeing the movie, I can understand why...he was really good in it, and I'm so proud to be his fan.
yeah i read that heath really got into his dark joker character that it affected him so much. we know that this joker character is really psychotic to the extreme. when someone takes this role and becomes that person, he will def. change in a way that affects his mind. and he lost sleep from this. it's sad and unfortunate what happened to him. i am proud of what heath ledger has accomplished in his life that his fans will get to see it through his work. his legacy will continue through his daughter, matilda. may he rest in peace.

nina07

sarNie Adult
so sad. :( and the dark night is so good!