help!!!!! computer problem

angie_thip

sarNie Adult
what should i do because my computer is very slow. it keep popping the thing it say there no memory. can somebody please help.

noungning

Heartless
maybe u've saved too many things on the computer like games, videos, audio, programs and other things. u have to delete some stuff or save them on discs or something to remove them off ur hard drive and this would help ur computer from lagging and popping up the low memory box

starryXing*

sarNie Adult
Here's another thing you can try:

On your computer, go to Start, then All Programs/ Programs, then Accessories, then System tools, then Disk clean-up. Wait for the program to run and it'll pop up a little screen. It'll give you some options for things you can delete from your computer that's taking up space. I usually opt to delete all temporary internet files or other temporary files and mostly all the other options offered to me. My computer's usually okay after that...

Additionally, I also agree that you should burn the things you have on your computer onto disk and delete them from your computer to free up some space.

Reagan

sarNie Adult
defrag your computer, also I heard putting less stuff on desktop helps reduce the lag, but i cant confirm that

JinFX

sarNie Egg
Can ya take a screenshot on wat error are ya getting ??? coz sometimes it could be many factors that are causing low memory, and how much is ya memory capacity....256MB ???

Bou

sarNie Adult
guyz i need ur help!my taskbar at the bottom of my screen with the lil icons on my bottom right corner and the start button is missin...i dunno how to get it back...please get back to me on here or pm me...thanks in advance id really appreciate it....im realli bad with computers

:wavecry:

LioBria

sarNie Hatchling
I'm a computer technician intern and if you have computer problems then I can help you with anything just let me know. B)

Bou

sarNie Adult
LioBria i was wonderin if you can help me i really dont no what to do to get that taskbar back...please pm me or reply back here..thanks :(

LioBria

sarNie Hatchling
You can restart your computer and when its prompts you to go to system prefs at the beginning press the key commands or you can use the operating system cd of your computer and put that into your cd-rom and follow the on-screen directions or if you can find the manual that came with the computer look inside of that and go to the section that says Troubleshoot, it usually has the ways to fix this type of problem. If this doesn't work then let me know. B)

Bou

sarNie Adult
hey i actually got my taskbar back but another problem is that i want to get rid of that quick launch stuff but wen i try to get rid of it the whole taskbar disappears on me...the reason why i want to get rid of it is because i want to be able to see my programs runnin wen i minimize em...and its not workin ive tried everythin i can....im not good with computers maybe das why lolz....but also i have another problem...sorry....i keep gettin these stupid ads poppin up on me like those stupid smiley faces dat keep sayin "say somethin" lol.....my friend thinks its like adware or spyware.....and its been making my computer so slow lately...anybody have any suggestions?...i have a free version of spyware doctor but wen i scan my computer i d unno which i shud delete and fix...so if anyone have time please get back to me...sorry if this is a long entry...................

angie_thip

sarNie Adult
Reagan said:
angie_thep, how is your computer doing?
[post="83497"][/post]​
thanks for asking. now my computer going alright. but now i was having problem on the volume. can some one help?

LioBria

sarNie Hatchling
I'm glad that it worked. Ok now as far as you getting pop-ups you need to get rid of the virus program and go to your internet settings and make sure that blocking pop-ups is turned on and then go back and get virus protection, by doing it this way it should work. And as far as the other problem is considered u need to upgrade your whole system by you doing that you'll be resetting your system like its new. But u only want to do an upgrade because if you do any other type you'll lose all of your stuff which is really hard to get back. Anymore more questions let me know. B)

Bou

sarNie Adult
hmm...yea i was thinkin of like reformatting my computer but i dont no how to do it so i hafta wait until my brother in law comes down which probably wont be for a while...um..as for the pop upz i went to my internet settings and turned it on but pop up still reoccurring...so i dont realli no what to do...but i will try to reformat my computer hopefuly itll work like brand new like the first time i got it...because my computer is still lagging at the moment...and i hate it hehe...but thanks liobria for responding and replyin...:D