[HELP] Toshiba won't turn on

nophankh

sarNie Adult
Man this sucks!!!!

My toshiba laptop won’t turn on, the lights go up and there is the sound of the fan but the screen is black and there isn’t any "log on to windows" music, so i don’t think it’s the monitor.

I have had it for 2 years. No tech support for me.

What should I do or is there any chances of getting it repair.

I prefer to get it repair and it my memory back, I have a lot of music saved on it. GRRR....

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Ahh it sounds like a hard ware problem. It could be numerous of things actually. This is the common problem my husband has with his .. either he left something in it like a ipod, mp3 player, sd card, and the laptop keeps trying to boot it up. So make sure all your slots are empty and there is no CD/DVD in the Cd/Dvd drive... Another thing it could be which wouldn't be bad compared to it being motherboard or hard drive is your ram.. when my the laptop that I gave to my sister use to have this problem.. I had bought 2 new ram chips and put it in there and I removed one and it booted up fine.. then I took out the other one and put the other one back in it wouldn't start up at all. So one of the ram chips was defective;

But then again I'm not so sure it is the problem. If your able to get it working you can run some tests, but it sounds like a harddrive or motherboard issue to me >.O lol I know this because it happened to me often :lol: but it's ok if its your music that you are worried about I have a clue how you can get your stuff out of it ... this may seem a little extreme but i've used this method before.

Remove the hard drive and connect it to another pc using usb enclosure and you should be able to access it from there.

o_O I hope you figure it out soon! Maybe the old man will come by and see this post and know whats up; he's always helped me figure out my issues :lol:

azn_media

sarNie Egg
you either have a motherboard issue or a lcd screen problem or display problem. i'd recommend hooking it up to a desktop monitor. if the desktop monitor doesn't display anything, it's probably the motherboard. but if it does show, it is either a display driver problem or the lcd is gone. try it with a desktop monitor first. if it's the motherboard, better getting a new laptop. very expensive to repair. if it's the lcd, you can replace it, if you want to or take it in to get it replaced. if it's just a display driver issue, just download the latest driver from the manufacturer's website. otherwise, if you don't feel comfortable, since you're in here, take it into a computer shop and have them fix it ranging from $30-$800 depending on the problem. just a rough estimate. not very accurate.

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
i use to have this problem but with an acer laptop, it was the motherboard. maybe, wait a few days and your laptop can be like before.

fan

sarNie Juvenile
ive had problems with my toshiba before something similar

my problem wasn't so complicated as i thought i just used compressed air to clean out the vents and some how that helped. don't know if that will solve your problem but its worth a shot... my toshiba kept overheating and junk and it would turn off a lot and eventually it just wouldnt even turn on but somehow i still love that thing love is blind i guess B)

hope you can find a way to fix your problem

nophankh

sarNie Adult
ive had problems with my toshiba before something similar

my problem wasn't so complicated as i thought i just used compressed air to clean out the vents and some how that helped. don't know if that will solve your problem but its worth a shot... my toshiba kept overheating and junk and it would turn off a lot and eventually it just wouldnt even turn on but somehow i still love that thing love is blind i guess B)

hope you can find a way to fix your problem
HAHA. my problem was simple, I took the battery out, turned everything off, unplug everything and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
After that, it turned on instantly. I got that info from a local tech guy.
I love my Toshiba too even though it overheats. I brought a detachable fan/cooler thing. It works. My toshiba doesn't overheat now.