hmong vampires? CHANGED to family gossip.=]

mvshutters

sarNie Egg
so yesturday ive just found out bout Hmong vampires..from my siblings..and it kinda make sense..because when my brother pass away we had to take turn staying up..have uguys ever heard it before?like uknoe how dead folks at the funeral they still have a big amount of blood inside of them/?then the so call vampires come and suck it out and then later when everybody wakes up the victom looks real dry and wrinkly..have u ever heard it before?im was really curious..iheard it made its wayy to fresno..lol..and do they drive or just walk or has an umbrella that takes them everywhere?lol..tell me wat uve heard..thanx

<3
Kulyia

BTW
do u guys happen to have Sky production phone number or email?..thanx

According to old G's the reason why people stay up is because the person who pass does not know that they are dead yet until after the funeral. So there must always be someone up with them at all times to keep them company.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
I've heard of it before, but it sounds so lame to me. What I was told is that you're not suppose to fall asleep at funerals because spirits are more vulnerable when you're asleep. Funerals are surrounded by evil spirits. I believe in that more cause that's what happened to my uncle. The first night of my grandpa's funeral, my uncle who came from MN, who is my grandpa's best son-in-law and my dad's bestfriend was very sad. That same night at 4 AM, he passed. When my dad "ua neeb," he said that the evil spirits at my grandpa's funeral convinced my uncle to go with my grandpa. What was weird that night was a lot of the children noticed weird/strange things going on that night when we all sat around at my cousin's house with my uncle talking about my grandpa.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
According to old G's the reason why people stay up is because the person who pass does not know that they are dead yet until after the funeral. So there must always be someone up with them at all times to keep them company.
My parents mentioned that too.

I dunno...Hmong funerals are so complicated.

tavang

sarNie Juvenile
actually you are allowed to sleep at funerals but you just can't sleep while they are playing the qeej(flute) because when they are playing the flute, they are showing the dead person spirit the way and if you're asleep, then the spirit is guna come and take you with them. so yea you can sleep at funerals just not when they're playing the flute.

kellylis

sarNie Hatchling
actually a couple of years ago, there were people talking about it in the twin cities...
some say that they've seen those what you call "hmong vampires"
but the thing is that its only one of him... i heard that its some kind of voo-doo that he does so to keep
his voo-doo working he has to do that... He couldnt drink the live people's blood because i dont think he could kill for the blood
therefore he would drink the deads blood...
something like that...
i dont know about them, just heard those older people talking about it...
in hmong it would be "khawv koob"
but i havent heard about it for a while now...

kulyia

RUK
actually you are allowed to sleep at funerals but you just can't sleep while they are playing the qeej(flute) because when they are playing the flute, they are showing the dead person spirit the way and if you're asleep, then the spirit is guna come and take you with them. so yea you can sleep at funerals just not when they're playing the flute.

yes ive heard of that too..ihavent slept during that time but ive heard of that before.and ive never heard about the not knowing that their dead already..wow..interesting..anymore?..

stephanie

sarNie Adult
does this topic refers to "traditonal" hmong family? i've never heard of any of these things before

kulyia

RUK
yes iguess it could..alot of hmong folks believe in it.so iguess its traditional to some?.lol.

And wow, watch Tyra on Thursday this coming Thursday!..its about teen pregnancie..lol..watch it and lets talk about it okay..lol

on this discussion okay:

Western & Other Entertainment

neena

sarNie Adult
yes, i have heard about it...like 10 years ago, never seen it happen but i remember when my grandma past...my mom said she saw a stranger come and they were close to her casket...my mom was freaked out but she didn't know what to do. it was very late too. i dunno, hmong ppl like gossiping though so we never hear the truth about anything much.

hmong funerals are really very complicated but i think its very interesting. when someone dies the spirit is never lonely because the people who sings and play the instrument is there to guide their way till the very end. my mom told me that. i have been to many hmong funerals and they are very emotional...i hate the way they cry its very sad and is unbearable sometimes to listen to.

i dunno, but i slept when i was at funerals, in fact all my cousins and i all slept, we made a bed, having our feet to the casket...yeah...so i dunno if its wrong to sleep at a funeral. now i'm kinda freaked. i just know you can't trip or fall at a hmong funeral.

neena

sarNie Adult
a lot of strangers attend hmong funerals

i know a lot of strangers attend funerals but hmong ppl are so close that you would know mostly everyone and at night, normally its only the family that stays with the body...guests leaves so...it would be weird if some weird person showed up at night and you had no idea who they were.

kulyia

RUK
Exactly..who lives in fresno? the church that had had the Vampires seen at or done its duty at is the church near Church street..idunno my way around fresno tho ive lived here all my life..lol

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Yeah that's what I meant. When they "tshuab qeej" and "xyom."

kulyia

RUK
Yeah that's what I meant. When they "tshuab qeej" and "xyom."

really?even when they did that?cause i remember i slept at my grandmotehrs funeral and the next day i had to go to school, and my nose kept bleeding..any reasons why??

s0rrow_chick

sarNie Egg
my sister visited laos a few years back..
and she said they're funerals are friggen hella scary like shiet..
lol. it's pitch black and it's super freaky when the people cry..
0.o

hmong cannibals that eat the dead?
it sounded really fake.. almost like a horror and thriller film
lol.

i learned that at funerals you have to "nyiav" a different way of crying from your regular *sniff*sniff*

s0rrow_chick

sarNie Egg
hmong vampires that an old topic

but i was watching a thai movie recently and
the scene of the funeral they had strings tied around the hand
in the gesture of iono how should i say...like praying?
ne-who it was either the monk or some other person who
would stay on watch of the casket
-frm what i got it was to prevent any other spirits or bad persons
to take the body away. because w/o the body the person cant leave....

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
i learned that at funerals you have to "nyiav" a different way of crying from your regular *sniff*sniff*
yeah.. it's not normal crying..
it's something else..
but i don't know what it's called.
lol
all i know is..
it's freaky to me and gives me the chills...

neena

sarNie Adult
i think "nyiav" is when you cry and talk at the same time...only older ppl know what to do. younger generation don't know. i've never done it, i just cry but when you listen carefully to someone who nyiav, they are actually saying something and crying along with their words. i find it very creepy but it is very hard to listen to because its very sad. makes you very emotional.

kulyia

RUK

nyiav; ur not alowd to do it at home or mock it at home..my mom never lets me.and yes you speak and cry.its kinda like kwm tsiav..i cant spell it..lol..uknoe the hmong poetry.but the Sadderr wayy