I'm looking for the doco Nerakhoon (the betrayal)

IRukYou

sarNie Juvenile
I'm interested, never heard of the film before. I hope it really does show the struggle of the Laotian refugees. I really want to see a real documentary of Lao war. I'm not so interested in gangs in the US, but the history of the struggle itself. Looking forward to it.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
<br />Violence against anyone is not warranted, but I do disagree with people who see things black and white. Who thinks that things are clear cut, and easily dishes out judgements based upon their personal experiences. <br /><br />I think that peoples circumstances are difficult, and you should nt easily group people into nice little neat packages. Due to complex circumstances people sometimes make bad decisions. Just because you made different decisions doesnt mean that you re right and they re wrong. I work with kids like this everyday. Its hard work to live a good life, and you only have one to learn from. We can only encourage one another to better ourselves even after we have made poor decisions, and that we all have within us the possibility to overcome our past if we dont close the door on one another. That is what I understand.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

when it comes to gun violence and murders, and killings of innocent bystanders, then i have to pass judgement. they are the ones who make it hard for other people to live. I don't have time to analyze what those gangsters do or did not do. the point is, they joined a violent gang and caused their family pain and heartaches, not to mention crimes and murders. There are always choices, they can choose to get an education and take advantage of the system or choosed to be cowards and shame their family by joining gangs just becvause they they think it's cool. you can paint a pretty picture and try to analyze them all you want, that is your problem; but you're probaably not the guy that got shot just for being at the wrong place and at the wong time.

And if you ask me, gangsters are no different from terrorists. So if you want to sit there and analyze the terrorist who killed innocent people, then...again.. it's your problem. As for me, I will keep passing judgement on those gangsters, because I don't believe in violence, guns, crimes, and murders. And for the record, it's funny how you are trying to lecture me about passing on judegement, when you are the very one passing judement on me saying I only see in black and white. In my lifetime, I see all kinds of colors, maybe even some colos that you don't even know exist. As for me, I like to promote families, fiends, happiness, education, and peace. Why some people choose to promote and understand violence is beyond me.

anan

sarNie Adult
My god after over a year I finally get my hands on a copy! Here's a copy:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9AV0J1HN

I plan to buy it when the DVD release comes out to show my support
Thanks for sharing,,,

After watching it, i don't know if it is an anger against:

1) the U.S (becos of the war),
2) Laos (Communist, becos broke up families, sent to goulag/"seminar" etc... ) ,
3) Thavy's mother's husband who re-married later,
4) the bad new generation/influence (gangsters & etc...) who doesn't have respect for the elders anymore,,,

i guess the title said it well all >> : The Betrayal...

Finally, it's a pretty dark documentary with a tiny hope & happiness (hopefully for Thavy himself though)

The only good point about this documentary is the fact that the director managed to put up all pieces of personal video into a long term experience film...

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
^^ I'm mostly mad at the Americans for dumping over MILLIONS and MILLIONS of bombs on Laos for NO REASON. Heck, they even dumped the left overs on us. Never mind the people. They are the God Damn World Police. Had they left the South East Asian Countries to deal with their own civil war, I think those countries would have settled things better. There wouldn't be a secret war would there?

vonni

sarNie Egg
^^ I'm mostly mad at the Americans for dumping over MILLIONS and MILLIONS of bombs on Laos for NO REASON. Heck, they even dumped the left overs on us. Never mind the people. They are the God Damn World Police. Had they left the South East Asian Countries to deal with their own civil war, I think those countries would have settled things better. There wouldn't be a secret war would there?
its incredibly difficult to look at something in hindsight to then hypothesis a different outcome when you know the outcome of what already happened, if that makes sense.