Jai Rao(Makers Group)

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
dats just what we call it lol hair and legs lol but they're just addons to da letters. u can call me petch. tina kept callin me dia and i was like dat remind me of dia diana dat chinese girl lol i'm chinese too but she look straight up chinese lol

thai was easy for me to learn cause i pick up language fast. i tried to teach my mama a few words and she don't get it LOL she can't even recognize da words dat khmer/thai people share. it's da same thing but just different accent and she don't recognize it lol

cecilia

Staff member
^same here, my mom having trouble understanding thai in lakorns too.
i can pick up thai easily too but i have a hard time -- trying to recognize the text when my sister show me her textbook.
i haven't try teaching myself yet .. but i will try this summer and we'll see how it goes --hopefully, it's as easy as abc like you said lOl ..

lol ..i read you commented on tina too, i once type PETCH but i'm like, is it PETCH? doesn't look right, so i kept it DIA for short :p
i will try to use PETCH --- but like the jlr sisters, i often call them in all their names :loool: .. so if i forget how to spell your name, i will use DIA instead (but i don't think i would EITHER) lol

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
oh damn u actually read books on it? books are confusing lol i picked it up through watchin lakorn and movies. i picked it up perdy fast. and i learned a lot through lookin up words i dunno at thai-language.com. i have a lot of friends in thailand and they type in thai to me and i answer back in english cause i can't type thai. i bought a cd to learn and i got through 3 lessons one winter break and then i stopped cause semester started and then i just got lazy lol. it aint dat hard though. i just aint so great in spelling. i can read it like i can read english though. it's so easy. it aint like khmer where da letters have hair and legs LOL

LMAO its compared to hairs and legs in khmer language ceci...but in english it like those accent sign they used in spanish...or in many other language..diamend you totally crack me up!!

example you see that word wahว่่า ...and that little mark above it ...thats the hair lmao

รักเธอสุดดวงใจ and that thing underneath that word sood is the leg :lol:

and yes if you have a teacher to teach ya it should be faster...

cecilia

Staff member
^ah, i see. those are hair and legs lOl ..
i just call them the 'tone mark' --- the only thing i know is .. WRITE MY NAME IN THAI :loool: and recognize JAI b/c i love the word text 'JAI'

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
lol no biggy...the word was rak ter sood doung jai..

and yes those tones ...which i find hard to differentiate...

petch euy...moh said she had just turned everything off..so right now shes in bed (dek bah make her p' p' waited) .. she will continue in the morning...she didnt think her story caught our attn..

anyhow arent you and ceci's time like 2-3 hrs ahead of me...and still arent tired yet or in bed???

yea ceci..im surprised my mom doesnt remember any thai at all..she used to work in the market or buy stuff in at the market when we were still in refugees camps in thailand...sadly all shes knows or remember is chooay dooay...bpai nai..bpai talat..lmao...everything else...hmmm and yes alot of the words are similiar to khmer same meaning too its just the tone or how some ppl pronunciate or say it really fast that the other party didnt catch on....

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
noooo lol dat aint hair and legs. thai don't have hair or legs. ok imma give a example

hair is part of a consonant. it's da top part of da consonant (da hair like hair on ur head lol) a leg is da 2nd consonant in a word. it aint like thai how da 2nd consonant is written normally when deres double consonants. so in khmer when deres double consonants da 2nd consonant is written under da first consonant. it's da leg lol and if deres a vowel dat has to be written underneath da consonant then it goes under da leg. see it's complicated as shiet lol

maijune

SarNie Adult
how come i can't find the clip you guys talking about...oey is at the hospital dying and vic finally know the truth and run to see her for the last time...

cecilia

Staff member
Ah, all those squiggly things are hair and legs :loool:

ami, it's late -- 4am LOL .. i'll go to back soon .. took an early nap today, so now, i'm paying for it LOl

how come i can't find the clip you guys talking about...oey is at the hospital dying and vic finally know the truth and run to see her for the last time...
here's one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDIS0eH-mmE ..
the nose bleeding part is in one of the AT TEN clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7L0HaBwAj4...feature=related

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
noooo lol dat aint hair and legs. thai don't have hair or legs. ok imma give a example

hair is part of a consonant. it's da top part of da consonant (da hair like hair on ur head lol) a leg is da 2nd consonant in a word. it aint like thai how da 2nd consonant is written normally when deres double consonants. so in khmer when deres double consonants da 2nd consonant is written under da first consonant. it's da leg lol and if deres a vowel dat has to be written underneath da consonant then it goes under da leg. see it's complicated as shiet lol

lol oops oh those hairs & legs yea those things are what confused the heck out of me i guess that is the reason why i didnt go far with reading khmer and errr writing it?...not to mention we have lots of em too... gosh i think i will go to bed before i regret it when i really have to wake up to go to work... <_<

ratree sawad na took took kon...

honda

sarNie Hatchling
More spoiler please Ying.

The more spoilers I read the harder it is waiting for the next episode to air.

Jieb_Lover

sarNie OldFart
omgg! i havent been on for many days. you guys are too ahead of me, lol. i need to catch with you guys and the spoilers as well :p

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed
Wah! my Tee Ruk smooths my heart with is voice :wub: ehehe..i will have to admit...he sounds betta than Ken
he sounded reallie good wen he sang the line "khon tee ruk gan mak mak" *heart*

although was it you So who said u re-watched the pra'ek pra'ek concert and saw Nott in there too..and he sucked...
lol seem like the tables turned...Ken sound real good during tat concert...not tat good now..but Nott is the opposite...

No, I didn't say that Kashie...I only saw Ken's performance at that concert, I never saw anyone else's...always ready to point the finger at me...lol

Oh, with Prisonbreak...I so knew the guys' mom was alive...then I kinda figured she must've worked for the Company...that's crazy cuz they all thought she was dead, and the dad spent his life away from the boys, trying to bring the Company down...on top of that...what the Company did to the brothers and the people they loved, but then their mom works for that same Company? It's a weird twist of fate.

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed
oh damn u actually read books on it? books are confusing lol i picked it up through watchin lakorn and movies. i picked it up perdy fast. and i learned a lot through lookin up words i dunno at thai-language.com. i have a lot of friends in thailand and they type in thai to me and i answer back in english cause i can't type thai. i bought a cd to learn and i got through 3 lessons one winter break and then i stopped cause semester started and then i just got lazy lol. it aint dat hard though. i just aint so great in spelling. i can read it like i can read english though. it's so easy. it aint like khmer where da letters have hair and legs LOL
So there's hope for me yet...when I was little, I picked up on the Khmer alphabet pretty quickly, they had 3 levels of classes, and I kept getting moved up cuz I was learning faster than everyone else...I ended up in my sister's class, all the kids were much older than me, but it really helped me...now, my sister no longer remembers any letters or anything like that...while my Khmer is a little rusty, but I can still read things...a little slowly, but yeah...

i didn't watch this yet but i keeps hearing good reveiew ..
i saw the p'ek and he's so hot looking.
i try to go and buy the season at wal-mart while it's on sale but no luck ..
i watched smalleville and love it .. even crazy on the whole lana/clark couple ..

I've watched Prisonbreak since it first started, and it gets better each season...even if you don't watch the previous seasons, you can still enjoy it...my little sister just started watching the fourth season, and I give her some background story, but she's still pretty hooked on it.

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed
Definitely more spoilers Ying, but I don't wanna know the ending, I want to be surprised...I just wanna know the events that lead up to the wedding...then after the hospital scene...but I DO NOT want to know what happens with Aff after she has her baby...if they keep her like that or she miraculously heal...

So yeah, I'm trying to teach myself Thai too...the music helps, but when I listen to music, I barely listen to the words, somehow, I just tune it out, I don't get how I do that...

You know what would be cool? If we all saved up money, and took a trip to Thailand together...that would be an interesting trip, and adventure...We all have our different men to stalk...except that we have Ken in common..

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
So yeah, I'm trying to teach myself Thai too...the music helps, but when I listen to music, I barely listen to the words, somehow, I just tune it out, I don't get how I do that...
i do dat w/ all songs LOL lyrics is da last thing i pay attention to. but u should watch lakorn in thai. u'll pick it up faster. i wanna learn cantonese so bad! so i started on a hk series lol thai and cantonese share words too so it gives me an advantage. i picked up a lot of words but i haven't continued dat series in so long so i probably lost it all lol