Laos Weddings

LostInKaos

sarNie Hatchling
Anyone here married and had a Lao Wedding? I think they are the best (Well at least mine was) :D
I was never allowed to go to a wedding when I was younger, so I didn't know what it was like...When I got married is my first wedding I went to :p . It was hilarious, the old people getting drunk...They even stayed up later than the kids. They had energy!
Now that I'm old enough to attend weddings, I don't go. Mostly cuz I don't know any of them.
I went to some American weddings and they are so boring.

So tell me about the weddings you guys had, or went to. I'd like to know more....I mean, are they mostly all the same?

L

lalalek

Why didn't they allow you to attend wedding when you were young? Well that's nonsense if they didn't..lol....! I attended weddings since i was young, my parents would drag us around then...lol! But now it seems like no one gets married now around where i live at!

The best wedding i attended was my older sisters wedding in 2000, it was hectic as hell. I didn't like the groom that much but that didnt stop me from having fun right? I was suppose to serve drinks and pin flowers but then i was having to much fun with my cousins and Crush!

I think that a wedding fun if you know someone around there or if someone in your family is getting married. You tend not to be shy if you don't know anyone or so because i would attend others wedding and would be extra shy but when someone from my family got married, i acted like a own that place for the night so i did what ever i wanted....lol!!!! good ole days....

I loved the traditional Laos wedding!!!!!! and if i ever plan to get married (which is probly a never), i will definently have the tradtional wedding and make it the memorablist day of my life!!!!! :D \

You probly think that i am crazy for writting like a novel but i just have so much to say so bare with me k!!! Thanks for listen.....i want to hear somemore experiences!!!!!!! :w000t: :D

missjoy

sarNie Elites
I enjoy going to Laos wedding to, espeically if you are close to the bride and groom. People just seem more laid back and willing to have FUN, compared to the American wedding.. they are too formal. You gotta admit, the food at most Laos wedding is gooood! That's what I mainly go for.. lol...

But if you go to a lot of Laos wedding, it can become redundant and boring because they are all the same.

My sister got married last summer and I think it's more enjoyable to go to someone else's wedding then to have your own. It is sooo hectic. So much detail and so much to do.

Keomany

Music.heal.All
omg i love going to an asian wedding the food is good and dressing up is fun...and dancing the nite away with the older grown up

ta_s2

sarNie Egg
Laos weddings are always to do with the food. They spend most the time thinking of what foods to make and then spending a whoel day preparing it and stuff. i dont know, but at my wedding its not gonna ALL be about the food.. haha i dont really care wat pplz will say and think .
coz i've been to so many weddings that had heaps of food.. (some were off coz it was way too hot) but then the whole scenery was pretty crap, i gotta admit. not enough chairs for everyone, not enough shade and all that.
and im talking about the weddings that are at home not at a restaurant or hall or something.

LostInKaos

sarNie Hatchling
lek_24/7 Posted Yesterday, 09:44 AM
Why didn't they allow you to attend wedding when you were young? Well that's nonsense if they didn't..lol....! I attended weddings since i was young, my parents would drag us around then...lol! But now it seems like no one gets married now around where i live at!
I wasn't allowed to go cuz young ladies aren't supposed to go out and party. It makes you look bad and you might do something that people will gossip about...something like that. :D

Casper

sarNie Egg
The best thing about Laos weddings is to be the door keeper; the groom has to bribe you with money you need to be happy with the amount before you allow him through.

Also if you are the groom and bride there’s plenty of money tired to white string around both wrist.

The worst part of Laos wedding is the ceremony it takes forever. Chanting and stuffs like that.

LostInKaos

sarNie Hatchling
The worst part of Laos wedding is the ceremony it takes forever. Chanting and stuffs like that.
I know what you mean! I hate how girls can't sit with their legs crossed. Sitting the other way kills after a couple hours.

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
I don't know but I was alway allow to a lao wedding and see children and young teenager their.. I guess it depend on your parent...And how traditional they are..

Yeah I like the doorkeeper.. I was once the doorkeeper for my aunt wedding and I got like 20 buck.. It was in 1990 so that was alot of money...

Now I don't really see much of Lao wedding because Lao younger generation are too fond of the Western wedding to even think of our own wedding....

L

lalalek

LostInKaos said:
I wasn't allowed to go cuz young ladies aren't supposed to go out and party. It makes you look bad and you might do something that people will gossip about...something like that. :D
[post="72302"][/post]​
I know what you mean but my parents then would drag me around and it was okay....I didn't do all those wild girl stuff...but you know what i don't really care what people has to say about me because if it is bad news going around, then it's not true but don't get me wrong that i am like wild and stuff, i love to have fun but be on the safe side.....that means no messing around and no drinking too!!!

So how are you like now? Are you able to go out and do stuff now? I respect what you have to say! :D

LostInKaos

sarNie Hatchling
^^ Hehe. I'm married, I have no life :D
I can go to weddings now, but I haven't gone yet. I usually don't know the people getting married (I don't know very many people) so I don't want to go. I think the next wedding I'll go to is either my brother's or sister's...But I don't know if they'll do a traditional wedding because they're both dating Americans and they have different religions...One is Catholic and the other is Mormon.
My hubby was easy, he didn't have a religion so we got to do the wedding my mom's way.

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
Laos weddings are so much fun! i mean i went to a family wedding EVERY year growing up. I have a huge family. And my parents was always "chow pap" sorta like sponsors for those who dont know. Thats when u know everyone attending the wedding. And its always fun that way. I went to every wedding and parties as a kid, of course i go with my parents, and i sit with my parents. So there's no way anyone else can say anything bad about us girls in the family. Any guy who would like to dance with me, would have to ask permission from my dad. And there are actually guys out there like that. :)

I had a traditional wedding, at home. Nice size tent, with plenty of chairs, tables, shade, and food. We made sure everything was more than we needed. Many ppl showed up. It was fun. The band was family, my mom sang most of the songs, it was just great. But our marriage didnt last. We broke up like 2 months after the wedding.

My next wedding will be an American walking down the aisle kinda thing. My fiance is Mexican. But i will definitely be wearing a traditional dress later on in the reception. I already have my fabric, just need to lose the weight and set a wedding date. LOL Oh, and after i have this baby. :D

LostInKaos

sarNie Hatchling
Woohoo! Congratulations on the baby and wedding...And I'm sorry your first didn't last...but Congratulations on your new life! :)

nangmai

sarNie Egg
Don't know about being married but I go to lots of weddings over here. I go to at least 8-10 in my town and 2 out of state each year. I'm going to Cali for my cousin's wedding in 3 weeks. I'm so excited cuz I've never been to Cali. And of course, excited about the wedding too. I love dancing to those "lumvong"...especially the "salavanh thia loong" songs. And yes, laotian foods are always great! :)

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
OMG that song is like a must have...tradition or something! LOL i love it too.

Nangmai...you'll get to see different guys too...lol

nangmai

sarNie Egg
~Sandy~ said:
OMG that song is like a must have...tradition or something! LOL i love it too.

Nangmai...you'll get to see different guys too...lol
[post="73703"][/post]​

Always have to have that song at a Lao wedding. There is another song about telling the mother-in-law that the groom is here. You know, it is always the first song and the ppl start doing that cheer thing. I love doing that. So much fun!

That's true. You get to meet new ppl and become friends. Hahaha, always friends and nothing more. Gosh, it's so hard to really meet nice guys these days. My life is pretty much school and work....boring!!

2cute2care

sarNie Juvenile
Casper said:
The best thing about Laos weddings is to be the door keeper; the groom has to bribe you with money you need to be happy with the amount before you allow him through.

Also if you are the groom and bride there’s plenty of money tired to white string around both wrist.

[post="72442"][/post]​
well since all my brother and sisters are married i have been to many weddings and been apart of them also. its fun ya get to get all pretty and EAT YUMMY food (ya can't beat that)..lol. when the chanting was going on..i think i went and did my hair...lol ( so vain, so vain) but gee it went on like forever....
and i totally agree, when you're the door keeper (or what ever its call) its the best, ya get money! unless your my brother in law, he only gave me 10 bucks, cheappy!!!!

i like going to other pples wedding too so i can check out the bride and groom to see if they match...lol and also to get dressed up in a new dress....lol

arissa

sarNie Elites
Its been a LONG time since i last attended a Lao Wedding.....But I really like going to it because of the dancing and all the traditional celebration....

2cute2care...I too go to weddings to check out if the bride and the groom match....well I must say that most of the time....its always unmatch....it is either the bride looks better or the groom looks better...... :p :p

I loved all the songs that you guys mention..although sometimes when i dance...my beat dont even go with the beat of the song... ;)

2cute2care

sarNie Juvenile
arissa said:
Its been a LONG time since i last attended a Lao Wedding.....But I really like going to it because of the dancing and all the traditional celebration....

2cute2care...I too go to weddings to check out if the bride and the groom match....well I must say that most of the time....its always unmatch....it is either the bride looks better or the groom looks better...... :p  :p 

I loved all the songs that you guys mention..although sometimes when i dance...my beat dont even go with the beat of the song... ;)
[post="84172"][/post]​

lol, thank god i am not the only one who does that...lol and when i go i also think about my own wedding (in the future) too...lol so sad so sad

i also just laugh when ever laotian go to dance they dance in a circle lum wong i think its called...lol