• Don't belive in it But Don't Doubt it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes and No Depends

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

natty

Chubs
gosh mine is long distant enough.. <_<

but anyways.. everyone said everything already.. we're just all repeating each other lol.. every couple is different.. commitment, communication (whether by phone, txt, email, or msn), compromises, trust, patience, and respect are all essential in long as well as short distant relationship..

ooo i would like to take up D's suggestion haha.. that would be nice.. to have bfs in different countries lol... just hope that they don't want to all come visit you at once :unsure:

klarissa

sarNie Hatchling
HAHA natty, that's where a planner come sin handy, use ur blackberry, who's that guy you have the hots for as an actor, schedule him in at 2 and then give hima bout 4 hours, so about 7 (you need an hour to refresh) schedule in another dude, haha that's only afternoon and evening, for the morning, hmm schedule in another guy, maybe you need a personal assistant, i'll volunteer!! hahaha

Saifah

bite me x___
i THiNK iTS PRETTY MUCH DEPENDiNG ON THE SiTUATiON... SOME PEOPLE LiKE LONG DiSTANCE RELATiONSHiP AND SOME PEOPLE DONT.

vina_lek

hey you guys. Not long after reading this thread, I contacted my best friend. eh. I've been neglecting in my best friend duties. Turns out she just broke up w/ her bf in June due to LDR. Weird, eh? Made me think of you guys. And I'm going to be meeting up w/ her in 2 weeks. Hope she doesn't ask me for advice though. :lol: B/c she was talking about getting back together w/ him, but eh, the LDR. It was her first serious relationship. I really wouldn't know what to tell her, although we've known each other for years. And I know she's going to want input from her best friend, & I'm clueless. :huh:

GueSs

TyziR
I hate it they suck... can't stand it don't want to be in one that's why I moved back to be with her. =D

max

sarNie Elites
I think that it depends on how committed you and the other one are. As for me, I am in a long distance relationship. We have been together for almost 3 years. I see him every other month, and he spends most or the whole summer with me in my city. Umm, yes, I would rather have a boyfriend who lives in the same city as me, but it is okay, though. I love him, and I am quite very happy =]

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
hahah my ldr was bad and I don't think I would ever be able to do it again... for one thing like I'm so use to having him here ... and its so weird when one of is at work and the other is at home... lol I get so excited when its time for him to get off work.. i literally speed to his work place lol kidding =p but I would be crushed if he just came for a few months and then went back and thats how our relationship is seeing each other every now and then... I'm happy to have him here <3 and everything about him while he's here is so amazing =] its like falling in love all over again....and what everyone told us that our relationship isn't gonna work when we meet face 2 face ...... its a lie haha =] they are working out just fine we've already planed our goals towards our future and we're getting there =] ..... don't let anyone tell you your relationship won't work the only reason they don't work is because you believe it won't ... with all the negativity that surrounded us .. I always believed in what me and him believed and we made it just fine and still going strong =] ..... the weird thing is that the first time we met was the day he moved here =] ... hahah so its like he was committed before he even got to see me for who I really was in person.. which is no different same with him.. he is no different ....

ok thats enough I'm rambling ....

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
I dont believe in it,
I tried asking Bugsy out but she immediately said F off
I was shattered, it will not work!
Same here. Bugsy brushed me off too. I was heartbroken for a while, but then I found someone easy like Darv to mend it.

u00htg2

sarNie Hatchling
Depends on the love, commitment, and trust of the couple. I met my husband while I was in college and he was in town on business for 3 months. Those 3 months we dated then he went back to Chicago. There were some rocky moments in the months after he left, with both of us questioning if it was worth it to deal with the heartache of being in a LDR. But we found that we love each other too much not to be in the relationship at all, and we would rather suffer the pains of being apart temporarily than be without each other completely. We committed to each other and secretly eloped. For the next 3 years, we had a LDR. We would see each other about once a month. Finally, we braved my parents' disapproval and "officially" got married. And now we live happily ever after.

But yes, it was hard. There was that cross road where we had to decide which path we were going to take, commit to each other no matter what; or, part ways. Luckily we committed to each other within 6 months into the relationship. If there was no commitment or great love, I don't think I could last that 3 years of being separated.

noungning

Heartless
i don't think its ten times more ning, you can have the same type of communication when they are here with you, it's just different forms of communication.
yeah that's what i mean, it's not just the regular, "how u doing, what'd u eat, where'd u go?" questions, it's about being open minded and talking about what's going on in life, and being able to console one another via phone when either one needs someone to comfort... it's hard. it's not physical presence and comforting; holding one another.

...we would rather suffer the pains of being apart temporarily than be without each other completely.
i love what you said here. i feel the same. i do weigh the heartache of temporarily being apart from one another and never being with him... and at this moment, i just think it's best to suffer temporarily and wait for the right time to be together just like u are.

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Depends on the love, commitment, and trust of the couple. I met my husband while I was in college and he was in town on business for 3 months. Those 3 months we dated then he went back to Chicago. There were some rocky moments in the months after he left, with both of us questioning if it was worth it to deal with the heartache of being in a LDR. But we found that we love each other too much not to be in the relationship at all, and we would rather suffer the pains of being apart temporarily than be without each other completely. We committed to each other and secretly eloped. For the next 3 years, we had a LDR. We would see each other about once a month. Finally, we braved my parents' disapproval and "officially" got married. And now we live happily ever after.

But yes, it was hard. There was that cross road where we had to decide which path we were going to take, commit to each other no matter what; or, part ways. Luckily we committed to each other within 6 months into the relationship. If there was no commitment or great love, I don't think I could last that 3 years of being separated.
Wow that was pretty tight...congrates...i wouldn't have pulled hat off...at one point i wanted to be in a long distance relationship..but then we both thought that it wouldn't work out...so we didn't even try...meeh and him just talked online and on the phone as friends...and sent eachother birthday gifts and stuff...and then time went on and we just grew apart...cuzz we never saw eachother...we were both too busy with our lives and plus we just met off of AOL and we were both young at that point...i believe i was just a freshman or sophmore in high skool..and at that point he was just a junior in high skool too... so yeah...but til this day on were still friends though and i am happily in love with my boifriend. Sometimes i do still think about him though...that if i wasn't with my boifriend right now i think i would want to be with the him.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
i'm in a "long distance relationship" right now & i have to say. "MaYBe"

why? because i'm not sure. i just got w/my b/f... I, sometimes think it's good to be far away but when i think about it. its not because u don't know what they're doing. if they're faithful or not. :(

i guess time will tell. :)

KawaiiTennyo

THE KT OF SARNIES
it works I tried it. 2 years. Everything you need in a relationship you need much more when it comes to a long distance relationship though. ^_^