Losing myself... to a girl! Crap.

Yeah. So. I am losing myself to a girl, and I've been losing sleep because I've been so enamored. I haven't even watched any lakorns lately! You know how much I LOVE lakorns?! She is away for 3 days or so to visit her sister. And I'm going through withdrawal! She text me sometime, but I haven't responded. We're moving too fast, and we're stuck on each other as they say like white on rice, people.

I am thinking about restraining myself. Backing away and slowing things down a bit.

What do you all think? If someone you were close to and was with you 24/7 suddenly backed away from you, what would you do?

cecilia

Staff member
:eek: almost gave me a heart attack there j/k

hard to say b/c i'm not in that kind of relationship --- but if i have to suggest something, i'll say, ask her for the reason (if you haven't yet)

um people. I'm the one backing off from her. ^_^ or did I misunderstand your responses? B)

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
It depends on how "serious" you two have gotten in terms of emotions and mentality. If she really likes you then she'd probably feel that she did something wrong. Worst she'd probably feel that you got bored of her. I'm sure that's not the problem. If she know's you well she'll know that's not the reason. When you back away from her it'll only make things between you two awkward later on especially if there is no explanation.

Why don't you guys just go with the flow and see where it goes. If you get hurt then oh well? Life is short. You love get hurt, but in the end you realize you're human and have feelings. Even if it's short doesn't mean that it's not a great memory.

^___-" You can try talking to her and see if she'll understand. Girls are naturally self-conscience if a guy we liked just suddenly backed away. It would mean either he thought we were moving to fast (this is the case). BUT the thing is that some girls will think am I not worth taking that risk with?

Actually can't help much all girls are different. Our minds are complicated. LOL So it depends on what kind of girl she is. I don't know her so I can't tell you how she'd react, but those are some of the reactions I've see in the past by my friends and cousins

I just don't want our fun to sizzle out is why I'm backing off. I've seen way too many people go too fast, and then one or the other feels suffocated later. :ph34r: I enjoy having this girl around too much.

Won't completely back off but will to an extent. I'll keep my eye on her from a distance in case she shows sign of not being worth it or anything else you have mentioned. :D

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Yeah I can see where you are coming from. That's how my relationship with the husband was. It moved super fast. The thing is we were friends for a good 2-3 years before we hooked up I guess. We were friends but we secretly liked each other. We flirted and stuff and got real close to one another. Then one day we decided to test run a relationship and 2 weeks later we decided to be official since we really liked each other then 5 months into the relationship he was moving down here. Shortly after marriage for us? LOL It moved super fast. It's been almost 3 years since we've been together and we have yet to feel suffocated. We've been through super hard times, but never regretted our choice.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that everyone is different? LOL I think it's great that you are making your own decisions based on the matter and you aren't rushing into things. Sometimes a great relationship is slow and steady. The more time it takes the more you'll learn to value one another.

Now I'm just rambling, but I haven't read a relationship thread for awhile? Lol. But 7270 you're a great person ;p and mighty cute may I say.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
maybe if you R-scene her, you will have her forever...like in the lakorns. that, or go to jail. hahahaha

in all honesty, you're acting out of fear...which is good for some people...because you're playing it "safe"...but bad (for me...as a girl) because you're playing it cowardly. again, that's just my opinion.

but tina is right. every girl is different. hell, every person is different. you can't really expect the perfect outcome no matter what you decide. if you back off, she'll think all sorts of things. if you continue, you risk "ruining" what you've got. my advice is switch your thinking. don't forecast for the worst. conjure for the best.

how many wonderful things might you miss out on if you don't seize the girl of your dreams. no matter how different the girl is, that doesn't change the fact that you've got it bad for her. n if "ur" girl means that much to you, you've got to risk losing her in the pursuit of trying to get with her. if you don't open up to how you feel, you'll ultimately lose her anyways. it's the same thing as complicating things. u wanna get with her but you're not gonna get with her in case getting with her will make her not get with you...in the long run? see what i mean?

i know ur just hypothetically asking ur question, so i'm gonna tell you what i would do (even though i'm not ur girl). if you backed off of me and i liked you, i would close up and not let you do that to me again. that's what i would do. now don't forget to ask yourself the same question.

btw, if it doesn't work out, there are a lot of other fun and cool girls to meet and hang out with. my point is, keep things as real as possible...even if it hurts.

we have completely skipped the friend stage. :lol: so i'm trying to revert back and start off as friends. sure. i have the hotts for the girl. rationally, i'm just thinking it's too fast. i got excited, because we have too much in common, and we bounce zingers off each other very well. gotta love a girl who doesn't walk on egg shells around me. :D

it's been 3 days. the girl went from zingers to she's sad to blatantly throwing herself at me to "don't pay me any mind." wow. weird. well, i guess i'm going to risk losing the girl by trying to be friends first and getting to know each other more. not sure if teasing other girls in front of her is inconsiderate. i have been trying to simmer that down, although we are just friends.

i know there's something wrong, when no lakorn is interesting to me. that or either, there seriously isn't any great lakorns airing right now. :ph34r:

thank you, ladies. :D

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
you know ur situation best. do as much as you are capable and ready to do. like u said, she's acting weird herself. perhaps she is thinking the same thing as you. in which case, you still go with the flow. as for skipping the friend stage, i'm kind of confused. do you mean, after you''ve met this girl, you and her just went straight into googly eyes and touchy-feel-ly? my initial interpretation was that you've met her, started hanging out with her, developed sincere feelings, and are ultimately unsure of whether you should make her your official woman or not.

Update: Now the girl is upset! :ph34r: hm well. Lost her a lot sooner than I thought I would. :lmao: Gonna suck for a few days without her, but hopefully, I'll get pass it.

thanks for the concern. :D we are back on. don't ask me. girls are just weird like that. :ph34r:

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
sometimes, i wonder what it's like to have a penis. you get to pee standing up. i also wonder what it would feel like to have a penis and be kicked in the balls.

mizterkevin

sarNie Juvenile
Both my sisters are gay, it's different between two females. Boundaries aren't as defined, you pretty much have to make your own.

noungning

Heartless
wow kev, does that make _ _ _ _ . fill in the blanks like elementary school lol.

wow # guy. wow. u tend to give good advice but can't take on it urself... reminds me of me. hahaha.

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Dude there are a couple good lakorns out right now. Even though I'm busy with work and summer time with friends and family I still manage to squeeze in my lakorns so you can too LOL. Good luck with the girl :D.