Lydia clarifies her relationship with the former prime minister

kumpangxruk

sarNie Adult

article link - http://www.dailyxpress.net/2008/03/03/pers...onality_259.php

Lydia clarifies her relationship with the former prime minister

Published on March 3, 2008

Deposed prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's karaoke and golf partner Sarunrat "Lydia" Visutthithada burst into tears when her "dad" arrived back home.

She told Daily Xpress that her emotions for Thaksin are so strong because he showered her with love that she never got from her own family.

The singer says her own family is lacking in emotion. Not one member in her family has a loving nature, she says.

But it's different with the Shinawatras.

The woman, who denies ever being Thaksin's lover, says her tough exterior melts when she is in the embrace of his household - one she calls her "second family".

"My mum has made me tough; I don't cry much, especially over little things," Lydia says. "With us there's no such thing as 'I love you, I am proud of you'. Kisses? No! Hugs? No! Scolding? Always!

"But when I am with Thaksin, I can express myself better," she says.

"When Dad shops with Ung-Ing [Paetongtarn] they always hold hands. When he goes shopping with me he holds my hand, too. He's a family man."

Now Thaksin's back home, he is once again touching the singer's heart. "When I saw

him return and prostrate

himself at the airport, I cried."

Lydia says that though her own family is not totally devoid of warmth, it is Thaksin's love and advice that has won her over.

In her book "Lydia…Here I am!" she writes that Thaksin was the one who taught her about democracy.

"Democracy is being able to choose your own government," she explains.

She believes the former PM's "broad and wide vision" will make Thailand economically strong, adding that his plans for education, communications and transport are sound.

However, she doesn't want to get into politics. Her thing

is owning a restaurant. And "daddy" Thaksin has been helping with that too, giving her advice and tips on technology.

This stage and screen star is currently studying online with the London School of Economics, after turning down an opportunity with Harvard, which Thaksin helped her get with a letter of recommendation. After all, she did not want to lose her dream of becoming a famous singer.

She still gets a lot of attention from the news media, though, because of her relationship with Thaksin. "[All these rumours] have hindered my singing career."

Instead of gossiping, she says, people should start buying her records.

Read about Lydia's latest album in the The Fun section on Sunday.

By Lisnaree Vichitsorasatra,

Budsarakhum Sinlapalavan

Daily XPress

lilxgxriah

sarNie Adult
oh man, thats prolly how she got into harvard haha...a nice A** letter of recommendation from the former prim minister...but i can relate to her...my family is like that..but i turn to other family members for support when i need it...wow i wonder how her family feels...

noungning

Heartless
thanks for the news...

gosh... i dunno... shopping and holding hand... um, sure... it's normal for a grown woman and an old man with hundreds of billions of baht in his bank...

gosh, i'll hold his hand too if he sponsors me in everything i wanna do. :D

water500cc

sarNie Egg
i have not been following..or even care i would say about this news since day 1
Lydia's got great voice
she's pretty
perhaps some unique personality too

i don't think she needs $ to be famous
RS can do that for her

she sings good songs
that's all what matters ^_^

nophankh

sarNie Adult
I don't think the thai people are happy with her relationship with Thaksin.

I was looking up the MTV sings chart for this week and her new single fell since last week.
A week earlier it moved from the 22nd position to #7.
For this week, it dropped to #11.
It was on the road to number 1 and then the news about Thaksin started reemerging and her single started falling.

It's her business, but I don't buy into it.
You don't go around being affection with a man 30 years your senior.
He's not your father.

cecilia

Staff member
FIRST OF ALL. LYDIA do not carry a tune at all .. it's all about cat screechy voice.

thanks for the news...

gosh... i dunno... shopping and holding hand... um, sure... it's normal for a grown woman and an old man with hundreds of billions of baht in his bank...

i agree. if a sugar'DADDY' out there treat me better than my family and support me FINANCIALLY, sure, holding hand in public wouldn't hurt so much ..
what we don't' know is behind close door :ph34r: whatever, LYDIA can't sing. good that she didn't make the top chart :p

Muddie Murda

smile...
Wow, she totally talked down on her family...completely. And she turned school down for her singing?? (And mind you, "online school" is not that good.) Seemed like she "tried hard" to get into Harvard, and at the end, turns it down? Maybe she never got accepted in the first place. :p

Tsk, shouldn't she know better since she's w/ RS? She's famous now, but will be dumped later by RS. Um...yeah...I feel bad for her, but she has her sugar daddy who will always help her whether she fails or succeeds.

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
first, she shouldnt make her family look so cold blooded.
and she should not blame her family her the lack of love too.
it's almost like she's favoring him over her own family,
why cant she respect them both the same.

i dont hate her, but she isnt my favorite singer too.
now, seeing her blast her family like that,
i dont think she scored any points with me.

i dont know if she knows much about democracy.
im a politcs student and i dont even think i know enough.
but, whatever.

when i think of her and the president,
i think of Marilyn Monroe and JFK.
:mellow:

all im saying is that what really pissed me off is her lack
of respect for her family's face. she acts like she's not part of them anymore.
psk. whatever.

dont bash me. these are my thoughts.
please share yours.

THANKS.

noungning

Heartless
FIRST OF ALL. LYDIA do not carry a tune at all .. it's all about cat screechy voice.
i agree. if a sugar'DADDY' out there treat me better than my family and support me FINANCIALLY, sure, holding hand in public wouldn't hurt so much ..
what we don't' know is behind close door :ph34r: whatever, LYDIA can't sing. good that she didn't make the top chart :p
yes, we never know what happens behind closed doors lol :lol:

but for her and former PM, i prefer not to even think of it... YUCKY!!!

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
thanks for the news...

you girls make it sound like having a sugar DADDY is a bad thing; I had one before I married him :lol: and til this day he's still my sugarDADDY :wub:

about this news Iono; I admit some of Lydia's song is quite annoying and not enough to be top of the chart. I like a few songs from her though and no offense to her fans, but if you think about it ... she should think carefully before she acts in a specific way. I mean I'm sure she isn't so naive to the point where she doesn't know what society and people will think of her when they see stuff like this, but yet she choose to do and say anyways. So I wouldn't be surprised or have any sympathy towards her at all if people start accusing her of having a relationship with Thaksin... and man. What she said about her real family... dude regardless of how cold your family is you don't broadcast it and outrightly say it. It shows you have no respect to the people who gave birth to you and raised you. Turn down school to be a singer? If it were me I'd ask her, "what will happen when RS decides to drop you? What profession do you plan to take up to replace being a singer?" Being an Asian singer doesn't last long if you aren't really good because there are new stars up and coming every week or so. Unless your Parn, Punch, Fourth you shouldn't plan to make a career out of singing ^__^

if my post didn't make sense shuddup i haven't had any sleep lol;

Liberty

sarNie Adult
She got into Harvard?
*shrugs* eh, well, Bush Jr. got into Yale so it's no surprise what money and influence can do for a person.

Not saying she's not smart, I don't know much about her so she could be extremely intelligent and just earned her way in.
But if she turned down Harvard for an online school, that pretty much says a lot about her intelligence.
She needs something solid to fall back on when her career goes down the drain.

Natalie Portman is a great actress but she still got herself through Yale (she earned her way, the girl is no doubt smart).

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
I dunno man.... still kinda iffy about this story....i bet there's more to that...

also i agree with what muddie had said.... really what if she didnt get accepted into Harvard right? EXACTLY!!!

noungning

Heartless
So I wouldn't be surprised or have any sympathy towards her at all if people start accusing her of having a relationship with Thaksin... and man.
You don't have to wait to be surprised, there are already PLENTY of published items mentioning this, this is why she finds it necessary to always come out and tell the world how close she is with the former PM because he's like her 'dad' and this is why they quote the word dad, it's because there are many sources that says she slept with him for money... her dad basically sold her to taksin... taksin covered it up and said he was seeking to have lydia be his daughter in law and hook up with his son, pantongtae, but nope. he just kept lydia to himself, as the 'daughter' lol :lol:

She got into Harvard?
*shrugs* eh, well, Bush Jr. got into Yale so it's no surprise what money and influence can do for a person.

Not saying she's not smart, I don't know much about her so she could be extremely intelligent and just earned her way in.
But if she turned down Harvard for an online school, that pretty much says a lot about her intelligence.
She needs something solid to fall back on when her career goes down the drain.

Natalie Portman is a great actress but she still got herself through Yale (she earned her way, the girl is no doubt smart).
she'd doesn't need education, she just needs a good sponsor like him who can pay for her, her kid, her grandkids and then some lol... it's all about the $$$

and if she doesn't go anywhere with the singing career... it'll be just okay, because i'm sure her allowance from her 'dad' is more than what she makes from releasing an album ;)

Liberty

sarNie Adult
You don't have to wait to be surprised, there are already PLENTY of published items mentioning this, this is why she finds it necessary to always come out and tell the world how close she is with the former PM because he's like her 'dad' and this is why they quote the word dad, it's because there are many sources that says she slept with him for money... her dad basically sold her to taksin... taksin covered it up and said he was seeking to have lydia be his daughter in law and hook up with his son, pantongtae, but nope. he just kept lydia to himself, as the 'daughter' lol :lol:
she'd doesn't need education, she just needs a good sponsor like him who can pay for her, her kid, her grandkids and then some lol... it's all about the $$$

and if she doesn't go anywhere with the singing career... it'll be just okay, because i'm sure her allowance from her 'dad' is more than what she makes from releasing an album ;)
lol You're probably right.
Their relationship is kinda creepy though.

none3

sarNie Hatchling
Poor girl, i wonder how long will this relationship will last--until she's old and wrinkle? I wonder if it's her 'daddy' that's forcing her to say all these things to keep people from speculating about their relationship? Imagine, if her dad did really sell her and she's force to lie about the situation--could she break free from this fiasco? ***just curious*** <_<

sulad

sarNie Adult
I am a fan of her music.
But she's stupid.
She shouldn't of not even come out and clarify.
Because she's just making herself sound worser.
Felt bad for her.
Thank you.

AmmatureKikyo

sarNie Adult
I wonder what Matthew have to say about this..????

Holding hands with him when going out is kinda weird...big girls don't hold their father's hand, I don't and I don't know anyone else does...

sreyya

sarNie Juvenile
hmmmm....i would really like to know what its like behide close door with them....is it true that he is just "dad" figure and nothing more???? but wait i thought she was dating Mattew Deane????? why would you go from Matthew Dean to the PM???