[Mainland] Ballad of the Desert

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
Lol p.Zoua. She's like Maertai Ruoxi again in some way. Strong, independent girl that's in love.

Yeah, Hu Ge was gonna play HQB but Wallace turned it down so Hu Ge decided to play Meng Jiu. I'm fine with the cast but I'm not fine with ShiGe not being OTP. :/

SPOILER!
There's also rumors about HQB and Jin Yu planning to run away but HQB goes to battle and dies while Jin Yu is pregnant and lives alone while Meng Jiu lives alone.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
I would post Eddie Peng's photo but he's not in his costume so there's no point in posting it. Unless those of you who don't know him wants to see him.

Meng Jiu (Hu Ge)

Li Gan (Han Dong)

Jin Yu (Liu Shi Shi)

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
Considering the fact that Liu Shi Shi has starred with all of those men, their chemistry is going to be great! :D Even though my ShiGe aren't OTP, I'm alright with Hu Ge being Meng Jiu. At last Shi Shi gets to bite his neck. xD While Shi Shi and Eddie have a drunk sex scene-ish. o.o

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
CAST

Hu Ge as Meng Jiu/Meng Xi Mo (孟九/孟西漠)
Liu Shi Shi as Yu Jin/Jin Yu(玉瑾/金玉)
Peng Yu Yan as Huo Qu Bing
Han Dong as Li Gan (李敢)
Pan Shi Qi (潘时七) as Li Yan (李妍)
Zhang Ke Yi (张可颐) as Hong Gu (红姑)
Qin Hao (秦昊) as Yi Zhi Xie (伊稚斜)
Shi Xiao Qun (石小群) as Ping Yang Gong Zhu (平阳公主)

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
Copy and pasted from SPCNET
-----FULL WEIBO TALK TRANSLATIONS-----

Hu Ge: @Eddie Why are your chest muscles so big?
Eddie: You're being too modest.

Hu Ge: @Karen Did I go off key when I was singing today?

Q: How do you see the character MJ?
HG-A: A deformation in perfection, yet the disability helps the perfection.

Q: I haven't seen you in TV series for a long time. Are you nervous at returning to filming series?
EP-A: No. I have excellent co-stars and a wonderful team. It feels like I've returned home.

Q: In actual fact, there's nothing bad about Meng Jiu. It's just that Peppers don't want you to play a second male lead. But if that's fine with you, we have nothing to say.
HG-A: In my eyes, Meng Jiu is the male lead. :)

Q: You have to sit on the wheel chair for the entire drama. Is that challenging for you? Is it different to your past characters?
HG-A: It's very difficult. There is no steering wheel or brakes.

HG: @Han Dong Ninth Lord, as your successor, do you have any suggestions?
HD-A: Ignore Ruoxi! She will kill you! Hahaha!

Q: What do you think of LSS now?
EP-A: She (although EP used the 'he' equivalent) is a very hard working, diligent girl, who loves her her work.HG: @himself Why can I only ask questions?
HG: Don't know. Maybe Sina has gone crazy again.

Q: @Eddie Do you think you will succeed in portraying the famous general (who has a cold exterior and warm heart)?
EP-A: I think I am quite a versatile actor. I hope I can portray this great general well.

Q: @Eddie and HG How do you guys feel about working together again?
EP-A: Other than being happy, is looking forward to the fact that our chemistry in this collaboration will be more sizzling. I can finally be together with my Sixth brother........................................... .....................to film dramas.

HG: @himself Student, you're so sad today (not in the literal sense)
HG-A: Yes, I am. Sina tells me to change my browser and refresh more. This is my first time using the f5 key (quick refresh). It's really good!
(I really do think HG's having technical problems, but he's making everything sound so funny.
)

Q: @HG I feel this character, whether from his aesthetic appearance to his inner world, both really suit you. An actor doesn't necessarily have to play male lead to prove they are successful.
HG-A: Everyone is their own life's lead actor.

Q: @all What is the biggest difference between your past characters and this one? What breakthroughs are there? What part of the character's personality do you want to show really well?
EP-A: This character has it's cold, silent face, yet really loves who he likes deeply. I hope I can act out Huo Qu Bing's irreplaceable aura.

Q: @HG You're not playing Huo Qu Bing...such a pity...I was wishing you could pair up with LSS again.
HG-A: Not playing Meng Jiu would be my biggest regret.

Q: @HG Collaborating again with your Seventh brother, will you recall the Battle of the Golden Beach? Will you recall how your father suicided by knocking his head against the stone monument?
HG-A: All that isn't important. The important thing is to not think of Fourth brother and Fourth sister-in-law.'

Q: (LOL at this question) @HG and Eddie Who's chest muscles are bigger
EP-A: Hu Ge doesn't only have big chest muscles...he also has 'big' wisdom and knowledge.
ME: Eddie

Q: @Eddie Do you prefer your modern style or ancient style? Which do you think looks hotter?
EP-A: As long as the audience likes it, I'm happy.
ME: Modern

Q: @HG Big Boss, aren't you changing your drama style? Why did you still accept this type of drama?
HG-A: What type is this type? I haven't played this kind of character before. It's also quite challenging.

Q: @Eddie and HG Do you guys still remember Yi Zhi Xie? I think that seeing you guys publicly teasing/flirting with each other will make YH's heart bleed.
EP-A: Of course I remember. He got me killed by a thousand arrows. Now, my heart still hurts.

HG: @Han Dong Lin Li Chen, aren't you the least bit guilty now that you see Chen Cong again? Heheh.
(Han Dong and Hu Ge were co stars in 2010 modern drama Cafe, which also starred Zuo Xiao Qing and Bai Bing)

EP: @HG Are you hungry? What are you eating for dinner?

EP: @Han Dong Are you still angry at me for stealing your bride?

EP (posts the same question four times): Where are you? We've met before. Do you remember me?
ME: He's currently filming another drama somewhere else, thus could not come to the press conference or participate in the weibo talk.

EP: @Karen What are we eating for dinner?

Q: @HG Are you Meng Jiu or 'Meng (as in adorable)' Jiu?
HG-A: I am 'Meng (as in fierce)' Jiu

HG's official fan site: Peppers have concluded that in your three most recent projects, you have acted as a one armed person (YWT), a blind man (Hu Ming, in movie DIVA. Co-star: Joey Yung) and Meng Jiu (leg disability). What do you feel about that?

Q: @EP Brother, will you act in anymore ancient series?
EP-A: I'm not limiting myself. The most important part of this experience is the process.

Q: @Karen and HG Can you give any info about TLTW?
Karen: We are currently choosing actors for the characters. Will start filming in the second half of this year.

Q: @Eddie Did you eat any goodies at Chongqing? This should be your first ancient series right?
EP-A: I didn't eat any because I am at XiangShan. Nonsense. This isn't my first one.

Q: @Eddie and HG Wish you two will love each other for the rest of your lives.
EP-A: Thank you very much.

Q: @Karen Can you keep the kiss scene between MengYu (HG and LSS)? This is our last hope!
HG-A: Sister K, just fulfil a little fan's wish.

Q: @Karen Is TLTW a movie?
Karen: Yes.

Q: @all Where is Shishi?
Karen: She's on her way to Pudong, then to Paris. My dreamland~~she needs to take lots of photos.

Q: @Karen Why is it that everytime LSS and HG collaborate, they are never the main OTP? Such a pity! But I'm still looking forward to DMY. Sister K, if it's okay, can you let them sing a duet in DMY?
Karen: Actually, MJ and JY have many romantic scenes, but still pass each other by at the very end.

Q: @Karen When will DMY finish filming?
Karen: Early July

Q: @Eddie Jia you! I believe you can suceed in your portrayal of HQB!
EP-A: Okay, I will jia you and work hard.

Q: This weibo talk, I can only see HG entertaining himself. Are you going to punish him?
Karen: I'm already used to it. It doesn't matter if he's entertaining himself. Just don't entertain on to my head.

HD asking in place of LSS: @HG and Eddie What are you guys eating for dinner tonight?
LSS-A: Humph! Let them eat fish and meat, and tease each other during the process!

fun

Expired Sarnie
You know I actually don't mind Eddie Peng as an actor but not a fan. He doesn't look good in historical drama. He is better in modern clothing. And I am still sad. I guess after all I won't be boycotting haha will give a few episode a try.

But I don't think I can watch Hu Ge play second to anyone. Plus MJ's character isn't very likable... at least from what I have been feeling when I read the caps.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
You know I actually don't mind Eddie Peng as an actor but not a fan. He doesn't look good in historical drama. He is better in modern clothing. And I am still sad. I guess after all I won't be boycotting haha will give a few episode a try.

But I don't think I can watch Hu Ge play second to anyone. Plus MJ's character isn't very likable... at least from what I have been feeling when I read the caps.
I think he looks alright in historical dramas. He looked alright in Young Warriors and CP1 with his bangs. Oh well, hopefully we'll get our ShiGe OTP pairing in Three Lives Three Worlds.

Lol. I agree. But then again, he did want the role Meng Jiu. I remember he posted a few years(?) back that he wanted to play a role in a wheelchair. I think MJ is likeable. Well, other than the fact that he came too late. -.-"

myx

sArNieZ
thanks for sharing the info. eddie is an alright actor. will see how the first episode goes before i decide to follow or stop the drama.

p. Zoua

sarNie Oldmaid
Lol p.Zoua. She's like Maertai Ruoxi again in some way. Strong, independent girl that's in love.
haha sounds awesome. Thanks for the pictures too. It looks really interesting. hopefully I'll have time to watch it. I'm not a big fan of Hu Ge nor Eddie Peng but lol I never know what'll happen. LOL Wasn't a fan of Nicky wu but BAM...loved his character in the end. hahahaXD

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
haha sounds awesome. Thanks for the pictures too. It looks really interesting. hopefully I'll have time to watch it. I'm not a big fan of Hu Ge nor Eddie Peng but lol I never know what'll happen. LOL Wasn't a fan of Nicky wu but BAM...loved his character in the end. hahahaXD
Lol. If you don't become an Eddie Peng fan, you'll totally be a Hu Ge fan. :D

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
oh wow.. this is rather interesting.. HG, LSS, & EP in a drama.. whoot whoot..
hmm, too bad HG & LSS aren't a pair.. but i don't think i'll mind EP & LSS .. she always looks great with her co-stars..

gahhh.. EDDIE <3 it really has been a long while since i've seen him in a drama... kekeke..