[Mainland] Le Jun Kai

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Peter Ho and Janine Chang reunites for the second time for this drama.

Le Jun Kai - 乐俊凯
A man lives his life trying to foster a hatred for his enemy
and devising ways to seek revenge. Le Jun Kai (Peter Ho) decides to
marry his enemy’s daughter, Ye Zi (Janine Chang), and then proceeds to
mistreat her and make her life as miserable as possible. But there’s a
small problem. Jun Kai falls in love with Ye Zi, but he keeps his heart
stone cold and tries to deny his growing love for his wife. Afraid to
let his emotions get out of control, Jun Kai divorces Ye Zi, only to
find out years later that she gave birth to his son and raised him on
her own. Will Jun Kai be able to continue to deny his love for Ye Zi and
continue to live his life consumed by hate? “Unconditional Love,” also
known as “Le Jun Kai,” is a 2013 Chinese television series.
credit viki

It's currently on-air!

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlI38xHW4Vc
credit: havudong

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I was excited to know that the two was reuniting but.. goodness, when I watched the trailer... Peter's character is just so mean and rough.... kyaahhhhh.. so opposite from his character in RRB.  :( 

I'll probably watch this drama when the subs are complete.. I must prepare myself!

Anyways, boohoo, seeing Peter, you can see the aging... My man is aging.. *sniffsniff*

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ so far it is!

Oh goodness, I feel like I'm watching a lakorn in a way... but anyways, I did not expect to start it so soon! 

There's going to be 9 episodes.  I just saw the first 5 eps subbed, currently waiting for the 6th ep.   Gahhhh.. I'm going crazy since I'm into it already.  I really like how it's edited.  It's not the best.. but I guess it's more movie-like than a drama.  What I hate though.. is that the episodes are only 15 minutes long there... just kill me already!

And yes, this is a dang melodrama!  At first I didn't want to watch it but seeing how well Peter Ho & Janine Chang are pulling off their roles already, what's there not to like?  But who likes the torture? No one, but we can't help but like it ahahaha... I'm killing myself here :p  Maybe it's just me. hehe.

Oh Peter, Peter, Peter... you're such a meany.. but I can't help but fall for his bad boy character :p  (only in dramas, I'm totally against these things in real life.. ahahaha)

I have to say it's quite nice to see the two in this kind of genre though..

The kissing scene in the car?  ahahaha.. Shipping moment :3 :dance1: :dance2:

Oh yes, I must also say that I love the ost!  Love Peter's voice!  I can't wait to hear the whole thing.

tippytoes

sarNie Adult
oh man, why only 9 episodes?! feels so short... anyway, i'm downloading the first 5 episodes already :)
honestly i have only watched one of peter ho's drama which is summer's desire and he acted really well in it, esp the possessive part. so i'm looking forward to this drama now :D

ahhh can't wait to watch it..!! and do let me know if you like spoilers hehe ^^

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ It's short because it's a short web drama, adapted from a web author.. something like that.  :scratchhead2:

If you think about it .. and combine all the 9 eps which are only like 15 mins each... that's like a total of 135 mins only... which totals to usually 1 lakorn episode..  I'm going bonkers because it's so short.. :yuck:

Spoilers? For this drama? or for Summer's Desire? LOL.  Either one, I'm fine with.  I haven't given Summer's Desire a shot yet because... of Barbie :(  Why does she get both my man Huang Xiao Ming & Peter?!!  :p j/k j/k.  I've always been a fan of Peter singing-wise and acting-wise.  You should give his other works a shot.  I really loved him in "Young Warriors" and "Ring Ring Bell" as well as "Sophie's Revenge." 

I just got done watching episode 6.  You get to see Le Jun Kai's evil character a bit more toward Li Ye.  He's so mean :(  I don't know why she agreed to marry him.. This is why you can't judge a book from it's cover...!   :cry: :lmao:

tippytoes

sarNie Adult
goodness.. i thought 9 episodes was short enough, now 1 episode only 15mins?! i sure didn't expect it haha.. 

spoilers for this drama if i get to watch ep7 before you watch the subbed :D and i have forgotten most of "summer's desire" already haha its been so long! why? barbie was fine in it.. and yes peter sang the song "i remember i loved" was so gooooood..!! 

now that you mentioned ring ring bell, i think i did watch it too... just prolly didn't finish it :/ 

ok i've finished watching ep6, it was v good! jun kai is a jerk seriously..i feel so sorry for li ye! love tian tian, he's such a sensible kid and also jun kai's sis who played a major role in talking sense into him.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Oh yes, you can spoil me if you see the later eps before me :p

And yes, I like Jun Kai's sister.. knocked some sense into him....  but man.. I felt hecka bad for her when Jun Kai slapped her... I was like "OMG!!!  He slapped his own sister!!"   Even if he's a gangster.. to slap your own sister... man.. that's pretty messed up... you know... eeek!

So from the spoiler... I guess he doesn't want to go that room or avoid it.. is because... he made love to her in that room? hahahaha.. I don't know.. that's my assumption... :p

We won't ever be able to tell the lovestory of the two much since it's mainly revenge flashback... and from what we do know... the storyline goes pretty fast.... 

Can't wait for this week's eps... grrrrr.... the anticipation kills me.... grrrr....

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
oh dear.. I can't wait to see next week's episodes.. gahhhh... I hope no one dies...

anyways.. I guess TianTian is actually the second child... she did abort the baby.. :( so saddening when she came in looking for her son at Jun Kai's house..

I must say that when Jun Kai drove in to the warehouse building, turning the other guy's chair around and sat in it was pretty epic.. since their faces were so hilarious ahaha.. I literally cracked up. they're supposed to be bad yet they're scared of him.. hehe..

queenyeon

sarNie Adult
I don't know why I started it because I totally regrets it now! It's torturing me and confusing me, yet I find myself completely drawn to this
The performance of both characters is amazing! They are doing such a great job! 

I can't wait for the 9th episode, I hope no one dies!

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Aigoo, I'm glad that the drama ended.. I won't have to wait in anticipation anymore *sniffsniff*

It's not the best ending ever.. :yuck:  But I liked how it ended in a way.. :whatever: 
But seriously.. I'm disappointed as well... like wtheckkk? :numchuck:   Okay, I'm against the ending overall LOL. :rant:

Anyways, my thought on the last fighing scene when Jun Kai continues walking toward Ye Zi.. It wasn't that intriguing.. I sort of giggled and wailed at the same time.  *sniffsniff*

Anyways, when the fighting was over.. and it was just them two.. I'm just like why the hell are you guys laughing etc.. :woot2: :woot:   Helloooo.. get to a hospital already.. YOU'RE INJURED Jun Kai.. go get some stitches... :scratchhead2:   and then I was like... :cry: :rant:   I knew something was gonna happen..  Aiyahhhh... trying not to spoil anything...   but....

I'm glad he told her he loved her before he fell.. *sniffsniff*  Jun Kai.... wahhhhhhh...   Where the heck is help damn it!!!

And oh yeah.. I guess we see who killed Jun Kai's first wife.. it was that bastard!!!! :whatever:

Sigh, I'm glad it's over... I admit I was pulled in... Janine and Peter portrayed the two characters very well.. I felt them emotions... *sniffsniff*  I'm glad they're reuniting again for a movie.. except it's not this type of genre.. :dance2: :dance3:

fun

Expired Sarnie
This can't even be compared to lakorn. He choked her, shoved her and raped her then divorce her on her birthday. Years later, he takes custody of the child. In the end it was someone else who killed his wife and child. I am not even sure when she fell in love with him. She met him and made out in the car and bam... 

It is so bizarre because we didn't get to see how he fell in love with her. You know that transition from hate to love. I know it was jammed into 12 minutes of 9 episode but some parts were very choppy. I never found Peter to be good looking but he looks so bad in here.