[Mainland] Let's Watch the Meteor Shower

mRs.BiE

sarNie Juvenile
you mean the one with Barbie and F4??
or the mainland version??
cause Medeor Garden is an old topic now...
but i still like the series... just not jerry...

But i'll want to watch the Mainland versio.. well that is.. if there is one...

audrey888

sarNie Egg
Dont watch it.

it is a joke of all netizens in china.we had a lot fun by posting their pix.

all the apparels r cheap and ridiculous.

the one of taiwan is the best

little_dork

sarNie Egg
i think that this one looks pretty good. it's call "Let's go watch meteor shower together."
i have to say at the beginning in april when i read a forum about this remake.. i didn't want to bother watching it, but as i watched the trailers and mvs, it's getting pretty interesting. it's just that the main people's voice are dub, if you can get over that, then you'll survive to watch the drama.

theme song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CUXrkGbvvU

opening song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2pjhFa3cKI

ending song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSyHWOQfdZY

trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAsVbWeJQ6w

just check it out.. it'll probably get you interest in watching it, too.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
omg i cant believe there is another remake of this drama..
i didnt think the drama was all that >_<..
isnt this like the 4th or 5th remake?

but i do have to admit.. some of the guys look alrite lmao..

fun

Expired Sarnie
Just finished episode 1... I didn't even know that this went on air already and that it really existed. I am so disappointed. The girl is probably the best looking girl there was but she still doesn't match the character... I still believe that Barbie portray the character the best even though she isn't very attractive... Anyways I got to finish the Korean version (the only reason I would finish it is for the guys lol). I am disappointed, the guys in this version... no comment... well let's see if they will grow on me. They ain't bad looking but definitely not fitted. Like someone has stated, this looks real cheap.

miss_sherry

sarNie Egg
i havent watched this drama yet but i saw a little part of it while my sister was watching it and i saw how the guys look...no offense to anyone of their fans but damn those guys looks soo funny and they do not look that good...i think that they are doing too much with their clothes styles and their hair...they look like asain clowns...lols...sorry thats just my opinion...

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
This version is really good...so far this version is the best version in my opinion. :D the main girl is so cute :wub: and the main guy is hot! hehe...the other guy they're ok, not very good looking, but they fit their role :D ....and i love the soundtrack to this drama.

Tigra

sarNie Hatchling
I just watched the Chinese version and I really liked.
It's a shame that there are many people who do not like the Chinese Rui T_T.
I like it ^ ^.
The band sound was not bad at all I liked.

kim.i.am

sarNie Egg
CAN YOU PLEASE UPLOAD MORE EPISODE FOR THIS CHINESE VERSION, REALLY LOVE IT ,EVEN THOU IM NOT CHINESE.PLEASE
LOVE THE CHARACTER ZHANG HAN, PRETTY CUTE, GOTTA LOVE HIS SMILE :D.
REAllY APPROPRIATE IT :)

runbabyrun

sarNie Hatchling
I was watching this over on Viikii and quite frankly, while it's not BOF or HYD, I thought it was actually quite cute. I went into it not expecting anything and was pleasantly surprised. The only down side is that other than the main lead, the other three guys aren't very attractive.

bellefire, I heard that there is going to be a Pinoy remake of Goong. Is that true? If it is, I've got to find subs lol.

SunStar

sarNie Elites
as much as i was hesitant to watch this version...it actually like the Domyouji guy in here... at first...it seemed weird...but he grew on me.... but i still like the Japanese Domyouji the best...he showed more cruelty and changed the most...

minjay

sarNie Egg
what?? this is crazy. why so many version, nothing can beat the original one. I think out of all the versions i like the Taiwanese version better although i think they kind of lack the richness. With too many version it just makes the whole series look bore, cuz you already know what happen next...

pink-lily

sarNie Hatchling
of all the version I have to say this version is the best!!! I love how yunhai (main guy) didn't torture her like the other version...instead he teases her and just make fun of her most times... The other students does the torturing...

At first I thought yunhai was just alright, but then after awhile I was like ohhhh no wonder y he's the lead! The dubbing was on my nerve at first but then I got used to it too. Yunxun (main girl) is really the best girl of all version. This version is more realistic to me and so many surprises. If you haven't watched this version u're missing out, sorry. I think there's more sweet scenes than the other version. I love meteor garden because I liked jerry but this version makes me fall in love with both of the characters... Perfect match!!!

the character's aren't that great at first glance, but you'll find them to grow on you and then start being like...wow.

A banner that i made

Zhang Han as Yunhai

Zheng Shuang(i think that's how you spell it) as Yuxun

Here you go....

The main cast/characters!!!

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
I stumbled across this drama (actually part II) accidentally on Viikii while trying to find another drama. I decided to watch it and realized that it was the Chinese version of Meteor Garden/Hana Yori Dango/Boys Before Flowers. I started the first part on Saturday and now I'm on the second season episode 24. I have to wait for the english subs to come out but OMG I like this drama. I like the cast and I like how it doesn't have the exact storyline and the others. There are some parts that make me so angry, but overall I like it ^.^

In all the other versions, I would root for second guy (Duan Mu) because I like how he was calm and sweet and always there for the main girl. But this is the FIRST version where I fell in love and was rooting for the main guy (Yun Hai). In the first season I liked everyone except Duan Mu because of how he acted in selfish and his hair was a major turnoff. BUT, in season two he was the ONLY one I liked all the way through (only on ep. 24 right now) because he was understanding and smart! Plus he cut is hair :drool: HOWEVER, Jiang Yuan (aka Yesha, the girl the main guy falls in love with after he loses his memory) makes me so MAD!! She is super crazy and her actions are so unjustified, but I can live with it~ Plus, I LOVE Yu Xun & Yun Hai!!!!!! Their chemistry is awesome. I like that most of the main cast are newbies, they are all pretty good.

Having seen all the versions so far (minus season 3 of Hana Yori Dango and I haven't read the manga yet...and the Filipino version<---did theirs come out yet? i found out that it's called Brats Boys Beyond, coming out 2011), I like the Chinese and Taiwanese versions the most. The Korean was good but I did not like the fact that all F4 characters didn't have equal story lines, it seemed like it was F3 instead, and the drama didn't really capture me in the end (although I did really like it when I watching it). I know that I like the Japanese version, but maybe not because their whole series was forgettable for me. I can't really remember how the Japanese one went :S But I will have to find time to watch every version---staying loyal to this '_'

Today I just found out that Chinese dramas dub over their own dramas!!!!!! That means that Let's Watch the Meteor Shower I & II cast members' voices are NOT even theirs :( I really like their voices in the drama, but I did watch clips with them and their real voices---I like it too. However, the voices in the drama probably matches their characters in the the series more. But this was SHOCKING NEWS to me.

That's the end of my rant about this drama...for now. Now here are some pictures of Let's Watch the Meteor Shower Again (the second season): [credits to viikii.net]

COUPLES:
Main Couple: Yu Xun & Yun Hai [aka Shancai & Daoming Si]

Yu Xi & Duan Mu [aka Lei]

Xiao Yu & Shangguan [aka Ximen]<---Xiao Yu is Yu Xun's best friend

Yun Duo & Ye Shuo [aka Meizou]<---his storyline is the most different!

Chinese H4

Let's Watch the Meteor Shower [season one], along with Duan Mu's long hair: [credits to original uploaders]

WATCH THIS DRAMA~

mmgjp314

sarNie Adult
fun said:
tell me about it, i read the manga, watched the anime, watched the tawainese version, watched the Japanese version, and currently watching the Korean version because the guys are too adorable. The girls... uh... no comment... lmao

mainland china and filipino version lmao what is next a thai version
which i wouldnt mind... you know how twisted thai people are, they completely change the storyline. ie. soo seang tawan... lmao it follows exactly like Mesa but with a happy ending and some thai spice. lmao

As for girls, I loved Shan Cai (Taiwanese version), I love her strong personality in MG, however in Season 2, her strong personality sort of faded away because of Dao Ming Si's lost memories, she cried so much in that season. However, out of all 4 versions I've watched, which are Taiwanese, Chinese, Korean, and Japanese versions, Shan Cai in the Taiwanese version was mainly the only main girl who actually stood up for herself since the start to the end in Season 1, unlike Makino and Jan Di who let others, especially the evil mother of Domyouji and Goo Jun Pyo talked down at them the whole time, until when it almost end they would finally stand up to her. As for the girl in the Chinese version, Chu Yuxun, I think her character is okay, I must say she's the smartest and knows how to fight, out of the other 3 versions.

mmgjp314

sarNie Adult
rahut-rissaya said:
I stumbled across this drama (actually part II) accidentally on Viikii while trying to find another drama. I decided to watch it and realized that it was the Chinese version of Meteor Garden/Hana Yori Dango/Boys Before Flowers. I started the first part on Saturday and now I'm on the second season episode 24. I have to wait for the english subs to come out but OMG I like this drama. I like the cast and I like how it doesn't have the exact storyline and the others. There are some parts that make me so angry, but overall I like it ^.^

In all the other versions, I would root for second guy (Duan Mu) because I like how he was calm and sweet and always there for the main girl. But this is the FIRST version where I fell in love and was rooting for the main guy (Yun Hai). In the first season I liked everyone except Duan Mu because of how he acted in selfish and his hair was a major turnoff. BUT, in season two he was the ONLY one I liked all the way through (only on ep. 24 right now) because he was understanding and smart! Plus he cut is hair
HOWEVER, Jiang Yuan (aka Yesha, the girl the main guy falls in love with after he loses his memory) makes me so MAD!! She is super crazy and her actions are so unjustified, but I can live with it~ Plus, I LOVE Yu Xun & Yun Hai!!!!!! Their chemistry is awesome. I like that most of the main cast are newbies, they are all pretty good.

Having seen all the versions so far (minus season 3 of Hana Yori Dango and I haven't read the manga yet...and the Filipino version<---did theirs come out yet? i found out that it's called Brats Boys Beyond, coming out 2011), I like the Chinese and Taiwanese versions the most. The Korean was good but I did not like the fact that all F4 characters didn't have equal story lines, it seemed like it was F3 instead, and the drama didn't really capture me in the end (although I did really like it when I watching it). I know that I like the Japanese version, but maybe not because their whole series was forgettable for me. I can't really remember how the Japanese one went :S But I will have to find time to watch every version---staying loyal to this '_'

Today I just found out that Chinese dramas dub over their own dramas!!!!!! That means that Let's Watch the Meteor Shower I & II cast members' voices are NOT even theirs :( I really like their voices in the drama, but I did watch clips with them and their real voices---I like it too. However, the voices in the drama probably matches their characters in the the series more. But this was SHOCKING NEWS to me.

That's the end of my rant about this drama...for now. Now here are some pictures of Let's Watch the Meteor Shower Again (the second season): [credits to viikii.net]

COUPLES:
Main Couple: Yu Xun & Yun Hai [aka Shancai & Daoming Si]

Yu Xi & Duan Mu [aka Lei]

Xiao Yu & Shangguan [aka Ximen]<---Xiao Yu is Yu Xun's best friend

Yun Duo & Ye Shuo [aka Meizou]<---his storyline is the most different!

Chinese H4

Let's Watch the Meteor Shower [season one], along with Duan Mu's long hair: [credits to original uploaders]

WATCH THIS DRAMA~

OMG! Really?! They dubbed over the stars' real voices? No wonder, at the end, Yun Hai's voice changed hahah But I still like it though :)

Yeah, me too. I would say like the Chinese and the Taiwanese versions the most. The Korean and Japanese versions were good also, but like you, I couldn't remember how the stories goes haha The Japanese version was funny and had the best ending to the series though, and I loved Domyouji's character in this version though, he has sense of humor. However, I would say the most lovable and caring male lead character out of all four of these versions would go to Murong Yun Hai, I swear he's the nicest and caring to Chu Yuxun out of all, while Dao Ming Si was the most harsh and violent towards Shan Cai haha But I must say, I love both because they are both really devoted, dedicated, and romantic to the girl they truly love. As for the 2nd lead character, I loved Hua Ze Lei and Yoon Ji-Hoo the most. They're always there for Shan Cai and Jan Di. They're both very sweet in their own ways, one person was willing to be her guardian angel for all his life and was always by her side when she feels vulnerable or weak, and the other person was signified as her love interest so that he can always be there for her. I actually love those kind of characters by Vic Zhou and Kim Hyun-Joong.