[Mainland] Love Between Fairy And Devil (2022)

Anne22

sarNie Juvenile
Yup, not sure why she has a lot of anti fans. She seems to stay out of trouble and get a long with her co-stars. There isn't an overly flirtatious behavior coming from her. She's playful, which I think, most of them are. When she was with yang yang his fans was like, nope, not as long as we are alive lol. It's crazy. But despite all that, she’s one of the surviving young stars. She has at least like 2 dramas out each year. Or at least, one really good one.
YangYang fans are so toxic i swear. the audacity to shade on lusi when their idol took 10 years to finally improve in acting. his acting in love 020 still give me trauma.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
I still can’t get over this series. It’s one of the most exciting series I’ve seen this year.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
YangYang fans are so toxic i swear. the audacity to shade on lusi when their idol took 10 years to finally improve in acting. his acting in love 020 still give me trauma.
The more they get popular the more haters they have. For Chinese celebrities, they have those automate accounts that generate false news about them which is worse, I think those are from advertising accounts. Can’t remember the actual name for that. For Chinese actors, it’s like walking on eggshells, they really have to watch what they do or say. They can get blacklisted or cancelled so easily.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Haven't watch it yet waiting for it to finish on Netflix
Ha e you started on this yet?? I keep going back to watch the clips on YT and IG. This is one of the most satisfying series I’ve seen this year. It really made up for the disappointment of LLTG.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
I can't comment on actors/actresses because I'm still fairly new to c-entertainment (I started watching c-dramas since 2016 I think). So I'll comment on your first few sentences.

I get where you're coming from. Saw a few comments from people who were hesitant to watch/continue watching because of her voice or her acting cute. But then I saw a comment saying that it's a deliberate choice. After reading thru that comment, I decided to watch the series in full (I was merely watching clips at this point).

It was annoying at first. But after a few episodes, I realized her voice and acting is like that because she is young Xiao lan hua who is merely 1000 years old. So technically, she's still a kid. But as she matures, her voice, actions and maturity in thinking changes accordingly.

Another thing to note is that almost all the main cast have to act as more than 1 character, thanks to body-swapping/disguising throughout the story. So how do you differentiate between the young Xiao lan hua and (say for example) dongfang qingcang or a 4000 year old Xiao lan hua? One of the ways is to change the depth of your voice or mannerisms.

It took a while but at the end of 36 episodes, I understood and appreciated the details that have gone into this drama. If you are able to get through those few episodes and become more interested in the story, this whole drama will be very enjoyable. However, if you still cannot bring yourself to continue, no worries. Just drop it and find a new drama to watch. There are so many c-dramas being aired at one time and churned out so fast on various platforms that I'm sure you'll find more to enjoy.
There are a ton of Cdramas out there, but not many that has the quality, storytelling, or acting that I would watch all the way for fantasy series. This is one of few or the first one I’ve watched and liked from beginning to the end. I like that it’s short(wish they added one more ep though), visual is beautiful, story doesn’t drag, and the couple has great chemistry.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Lusi as expected able to generate chemistry with everyone. I think she has several popular cp (ding yuxi, liu yuning, leo) and YY (not that popular but my personal fav lol)
Have you seen Dating in the Kitchen? Lusi has some steamy chemistry with the ML in there. DITK and ROTAR are my two favorites of hers.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Ha e you started on this yet?? I keep going back to watch the clips on YT and IG. This is one of the most satisfying series I’ve seen this year. It really made up for the disappointment of LLTG.
I have not started on it yet. Been watching a lot of YouTube short stories and crime shows (fatal attraction) seem to be my new favorite. Though I like (coffee house) as well. I haven't really pick up on any new dramas. Every time I want to start on something I end up finding a short clip of another drama. So I am in short clips universe right now lol

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
I have not started on it yet. Been watching a lot of YouTube short stories and crime shows (fatal attraction) seem to be my new favorite. Though I like (coffee house) as well. I haven't really pick up on any new dramas. Every time I want to start on something I end up finding a short clip of another drama. So I am in short clips universe right now lol
Ah I see. I can’t watch those crime drama/documentaries too much cus it stick in my head and creeps me out. I like listening to True Crimes or Crime Junkies podcasts.1

sarN

sarNie Granny
Yes. I'm crazy over this series. I can talk about it all day! I watch Chinese more than other drama.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Yes. I'm crazy over this series. I can talk about it all day! I watch Chinese more than other drama.
Omg, I’m also obsessed with this series! I like watch clips from the series all day if I can. Lol. I’ve also been listening to the ost non stop. It just gives me the feels!

sarN

sarNie Granny
I should socialize more on the forum, I been busy but I do get alerts when ya tags me on the forums b/c it buzz in my cellphone, can't avoid ya >< . I think I'm goin try to be active on the forum tho b/c I'm acually very sad for the past weeks, which is really unlike my personality, im acually very cheerful & lively thru out my daily life but now I'm very heart broken b/c my best friend ( my sunshine) pass away in August. Every day I would burst into tear when I think about our short time together but it's all cool, it take time to heal.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
I should socialize more on the forum, I been busy but I do get alerts when ya tags me on the forums b/c it buzz in my cellphone, can't avoid ya >< . I think I'm goin try to be active on the forum tho b/c I'm acually very sad for the past weeks, which is really unlike my personality, im acually very cheerful & lively thru out my daily life but now I'm very heart broken b/c my best friend ( my sunshine) pass away in August. Every day I would burst into tear when I think about our short time together but it's all cool, it take time to heal.
Awe, I’m so sorry to hear that. May your best friend rest in peace. It’s heartbreaking and I hope you stay strong. I know only time will heal. Sending my prayers and hugs to you.

Last edited:

sarN

sarNie Granny
*catch hug & prayer* Yes. Time will heal , I know but it's hard , she was my bff for over 20 years , we do everything together, everyday we hang out & chit chat thru out the day . Her passing was to sudden , I still can't believe she gone , every where I goes I imagine her with me & it break my heart. In Tvdrama we see actor & actress express such emotion during sadness or death scene all the time but it hit harder now that I had experience such loss.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
:crybaby2: Sarn, I hope it gets easier for you. It’s very hard to go through life knowing the person you love and spent most of your time with has passed. I hope you gals took lots of photos and videos together so when you do go through those pics and videos, it would bring back good memories and would cheer you up. life is too short, so cherish the people around you and create a memorable time together.

sarN

sarNie Granny
I have pictures & vdo of Vanny ( my bff ) . She love to laugh , she would laugh at everything I do or say . She would tell me time and time again, that she is most happiest when we hang out b/c she enjoys my dark humor & nonsense talk . We go out to eat almost everyday . We had plan for our vacation next year *sigh* sadly her life was cut short, if I had known this would happen , I would had cherish my beloved friend more , she was my sunshine, I miss her soooo much . My tears are endless tho, it never seen to dry up , soo embarrassing when I goes to places and suddenly break down in tear when I thought about her. *** sigh* hopefully time will heal everything

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I have pictures & vdo of Vanny ( my bff ) . She love to laugh , she would laugh at everything I do or say . She would tell me time and time again, that she is most happiest when we hang out b/c she enjoys my dark humor & nonsense talk . We go out to eat almost everyday . We had plan for our vacation next year *sigh* sadly her life was cut short, if I had known this would happen , I would had cherish my beloved friend more , she was my sunshine, I miss her soooo much . My tears are endless tho, it never seen to dry up , soo embarrassing when I goes to places and suddenly break down in tear when I thought about her. *** sigh* hopefully time will heal everything
Sorry to hear that...losing a love one us never easy. She has the same name as my sister.

sarN

sarNie Granny
Yes. It's not easy. Vanny was very close to me . She laugh at all my jokes and understand my silliness. When she pass away , I stay in my room for 5 days , I watch tv drama all day & night b/c I wanted to tune out from reality but each time an episode end, i remember her & cry to sleep sometimes . I didn't even shower nor do I eat much . I waited for her to come haunt me or come into my dream b/c we had talk about death before . We promise each other that if one of us die , do try to come back to give lottery number in dream or come prove that there such thing as ghost BUT nothing happen . Death is the end . Those 5 days , I wanted to see her in any form, I wouldn't care how , sometimes, I would wake up in the middle of night and sit in total darkness, hoping to see or hear something, I wanted to be haunt by my beloved friend but nothing happen. On the 5th day , I start to get angry, I was mad that I couldn't even dream of her . I thought we had a close bonding ? *sigh* Death is really the ending , just when I thought, it time for me to leave my room and go on with my life. I received a text from her sister. Her sister said that I was listed in Vanny's life insurance policy, my beloved friend had me listed as her benefactor . I cry so much that day . I had always know she love and adore me but i didn't realize she loved me so much that even in death she thought of me . I have life insurance too but I had never thought of adding Vanny as the benefactor but she did .

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Ah I see. I can’t watch those crime drama/documentaries too much cus it stick in my head and creeps me out. I like listening to True Crimes or Crime Junkies podcasts.1
I watched only the solved ones but cold case or disappeared without a trace really frustrated me so I don't watch those.

I am picking up Vuslat (turkish drama) once again. I have watched dramas since the 80s, but so far the Kadir (actor in Vuslat) is probably my absolute favorite. He was just superb with his emotions through his eyes. When he looks at the FL, I even get uncomfortable. I haven't seen an actor that can precisely convey sadness, vulnerable, happy, pain and hopelessly in his eyes alone. I missed Aziz once in a blue moon and gave to binge that drama to get my fixing lol

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
I watched only the solved ones but cold case or disappeared without a trace really frustrated me so I don't watch those.

I am picking up Vuslat (turkish drama) once again. I have watched dramas since the 80s, but so far the Kadir (actor in Vuslat) is probably my absolute favorite. He was just superb with his emotions through his eyes. When he looks at the FL, I even get uncomfortable. I haven't seen an actor that can precisely convey sadness, vulnerable, happy, pain and hopelessly in his eyes alone. I missed Aziz once in a blue moon and gave to binge that drama to get my fixing lol
When I listen to the unsolved cases, it does makes it frustrating and sad to know that they never found the body of the missing person or who killed them. I do tends to listen to the solved cases.
I keep seeing you ladies chat about Turkish dramas but I’ve never give it a watch. Those Turkish actors do look super dreamy and handsome though. Some of them do have beautiful eyes. Chinese series is actually taking most my time and occasionally I would switch to Kdramas(only if I find it interesting and worth the time). I bearly have any time to watch now and days.