[Mainland] Love Between Fairy And Devil (2022)

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
B14F003B-B06E-4C4D-888F-117C3A7D94D3.jpeg
According to legend, in order to obtain terrible power, Dongfang Qing Cang of the Moon Tribe became an emotionless monster. He killed his father, seized the position of Moon Supreme and led an army of 100,000 Moon Tribe soldiers on a path of devastation. Shuiyuntian (the immortal fairy realm), Cangyan Sea (the Moon Tribe), and Yunmeng Lake (the mortal world) were in grave danger. To save the world and stop Dongfang Qing Cang and his army, the first God of War of Shuiyuntian destroyed her primordial spirit. Dongfang Qing Cang’s army and primordial spirit were sealed and his body was locked away in Haotian Tower under the immortal bonds of the Haotian Matrix. However, if his primordial spirit was restored and Dongfang Qing Cang were to break free from his tower, the world would be in danger once more. Legend says that only the Goddess of Xishan can prevent this catastrophe, but she vanished without a trace. 30,000 years after the first God of War’s sacrifice, there was a disturbance in the Haotian Matrix. While attempting to help the new God of War reinforce the Matrix, Orchid, a weak and low-ranking flower fairy, accidentally finds herself inside Haotian Tower and face-to-face with the Moon Supreme himself. Their encounter sets off a chain of events that threatens to change the fate of the world once again. (Source: Wikipedia, Netflix; edited by AH at MyDramaList)

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
I usually don’t like fantasy drama but this was short and got to the point. Dylan acting has improved since I saw him in Miss The Dragon and it surprised me. In here he played the cold, mysterious, evil, and still adorable all so well. His facial expressions are all so cute. The storyline is nothing new, but the acting, the cast, and the stage design were really good. I felt like I was part of their universe while watching. Lol

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I just never rally got into Dylan's acting. Even in meteor garden. I watched a lot of Chinese drama and very lukewarm to the leading men. But the one that got me really impressed is Leo (the one in love like the galaxy).

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
I didn’t think Dylan’s acting was good in Meteor Garden or in Miss The Dragon either, but in LBFAD I was surprised and impressed with his performance that caught me off guard. The director did well with guiding him through his acting. He really match the character. It is really hard to nail that devilish, cold, yet still adorable all in one character. Dylan look really good in the all black coat, it made his character so mysterious and bad ass.
Leo was good in LLTG, but I still find him a little stiff as in some scenes. He look really good in the armor suite and his body looks fit, it really showed that he workout for his character.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I think Leo did better than Dylan even if Dylan has improved tremendously. Leo is only 22 years old but in love like the galaxy he came across so believable. And when he smiles, everything stops lol. Dylan became immensely popular for his role in LBDAF though. I don't know...I tried 2 of Dylan's dramas and can't finish any of them. This one will be the 3rd one.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Leo was a child actor, he’s been acting since he was young and hesbeen in movies so I already expected him to be good. Where Dylan have only been in like 4 or 5 series and those series were just okay and his acting didn’t stand out. But when I didn’t expect him to be any good in LBFAD, he surprised me. I like that about him.
Dylan is only a year older than Leo so they still have a long way in their acting and time to improvement. I look forward to their future projects and hope I enjoy them all.
I find in some angles, Dylan look similar to Leo when watching him in here.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I don't really follow any news much on Chinese stars. I watched their dramas based on the episodes lol. If it's over a certain amount I can tolerate I usually never fully watch every episodes. I do watched a lot of short clips and sometimes that's enough for me hahaha. The older I get the less patience I have for long dramas. I'll give LBDAF I try not because I am into Dylan by any means... he's just one of those actors that it's ok if I don’t watch his dramas. Also, there are so many Chinese dramas out there that I tend to skip around more than I should. So me committing to a drama is next to impossible. But anyway, I find esther just adorable. I don't know, I am more of an actress fan than I am a actor fan. Even with Yang Yang, I can't fully get into him lol.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
I don’t follow any actors either. I’m pretty picky with what I watch as well and I usually watch only one drama at a time to fully enjoy it. I can’t sit through series with many episodes either, I just don’t have much time. I’ve dropped many dramas if it’s too long or if I don’t find the characters or storyline interesting. I’m surprised I finished LLTG with a lot of FF. I’ve dropped that too but only finished it bc of the main leads.
I really like Dylan in here and probably won’t watch him for awhile until I find something interesting of his. For Leo, I’m looking forward to his new drama “Nothing But You” with Zhou Yu Tong. Out all the young Chinese actors I’ve seen, Zhao Lusi and Steven Zhang are probably my only favorites and I like watchanything that they are in. I probably watch them more any any younger actors.
Yes, there are a ton of Chinese series release every year so I don’t care to catch on. I only watch what I think it’s good and worth my time. My drama watching is a lot less now since I don’t watch lakorns anymore. I’ve leaned to enjoy watching just a few at a time.

This is my first time watching Ester Yu. She’s cute but I had to get use to her voice a little. She sounds like an anime character.

Last edited:

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Silly thing is, I watched a lot of short clips and sometimes they draw me into watching the drama itself. But if people were to ask the names of the people in it I would have no clue. The ones I remembered are the easy ones like lusi and Leo and reba lol. I think, the industry is very overwhelming. I get used to one drama then 10 comes out at the same time. So, I flipped back and forth and in turn never finish any of them.

I don't even watch lakorns anymore...seriously I don't even know how it came to that point. It's kind of sad because that's almost life before. I watched a modern drama of Dylan after meteor garden. He was paired up with an older woman. Goodness, he was not attractive at all, comparing him in that drama to his meteor garden days almost felt like two different people. Also, he has no chemistry with his more mature leading lady. But happy for him that his popularity rose to a high level after LBDAF.

Anne22

sarNie Juvenile
seriously I really wanna try this but I couldnt get thru ep 1 because esther yu is just mehh. she acting cute annoyed me and her voice too. havent seen any dylan’s drama yet. lltg is my first drama of wulei that i followed religiously. (watched tlb but dropped it because cp has no chemistry) I think he did good in lltg but at some scenes he does look a bit stiff. honestly, Wulei looks like a real man compare to the other actors at his age lmao thats why he becoming my fav after lltg. I personally think he has more chemistry with someone who is at his age or younger. His pair with Lusi is one of the most popular boy-girl couple in recent years. they are just so fresh and adorable lol. hope his next drama co star are at Lusi’s age (eg zhou ye, zhang jing yi, song zuer) pls no more noona romance
Lusi as expected able to generate chemistry with everyone. I think she has several popular cp (ding yuxi, liu yuning, leo) and YY (not that popular but my personal fav lol)

Last edited:

Anne22

sarNie Juvenile
Silly thing is, I watched a lot of short clips and sometimes they draw me into watching the drama itself. But if people were to ask the names of the people in it I would have no clue. The ones I remembered are the easy ones like lusi and Leo and reba lol. I think, the industry is very overwhelming. I get used to one drama then 10 comes out at the same time. So, I flipped back and forth and in turn never finish any of them.

I don't even watch lakorns anymore...seriously I don't even know how it came to that point. It's kind of sad because that's almost life before. I watched a modern drama of Dylan after meteor garden. He was paired up with an older woman. Goodness, he was not attractive at all, comparing him in that drama to his meteor garden days almost felt like two different people. Also, he has no chemistry with his more mature leading lady. But happy for him that his popularity rose to a high level after LBDAF.
lakorn is so damn boring and nonsense. i love yaya but have to drop bad romeo because it just sucks. I hate it. I started watching c drama this year after discovered who rules the world at netflix and my life filled with cdrama now. In 6 months duration Ive watched

who rules the world
you are my glory
love like the galaxy
i hear you
goodbye my princess

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
To each their own, but there are many c-actresses with high pitch voices. Yes, it doesn't help that their VA does that for them but can't blame the actress either. I know for a fact that many C-celebs have to voice themselves now, so we'll be hearing more of their original voices. Not all Chinese women have high pitch voices, but it's not uncommon either. We hear it all the time in c-dramas, and if you enjoy watching c-dramas, it's nothing new. I never fully understand people that says they find a FL's voice annoying just because it's high. But if it's low, people still criticize. The women can never get a break from criticisms, as if their looks, voice, etc. is their fault. Not coming for y'all. Just saying in general because I've seen way too many comments about this online. I just find that this can be quite a misogynist mindset. High pitch voice are seen as annoying bc many men think this way, which led the society to view women with natural high pitch voice as undesirable. Again, to each their own, but just a food for thought.

Also, Dylan's acting was not good to begin with. We all can agree on that. To compare Dylan to Leo is like comparing apples to oranges. Leo has been acting since he was little, vs. Dylan, who has only been in the entertainment industry for 5-6 years. The Dylan slander was so great in the past years that even Dylan knew he needed to do better. I'm not a fan of Dylan like that. I just think that he played DFQC very well. I honestly never envisioned him as DFQC since I read the novel long ago. I think all the actors/actresses did the characters & the drama justice, even though many of them did not even exist in the novel. I think the drama did very well in terms of production. I think that's what caught many people's attention and what made the drama captivating, including the lead's chemistry.

That's just my 2 cents. I understand where everyone is coming from. Don't take it personal or as an attack.

Last edited:

Fikachu

Good to be back!
seriously I really wanna try this but I couldnt get thru ep 1 because esther yu is just mehh. she acting cute annoyed me and her voice too. havent seen any dylan’s drama yet.
I can't comment on actors/actresses because I'm still fairly new to c-entertainment (I started watching c-dramas since 2016 I think). So I'll comment on your first few sentences.

I get where you're coming from. Saw a few comments from people who were hesitant to watch/continue watching because of her voice or her acting cute. But then I saw a comment saying that it's a deliberate choice. After reading thru that comment, I decided to watch the series in full (I was merely watching clips at this point).

It was annoying at first. But after a few episodes, I realized her voice and acting is like that because she is young Xiao lan hua who is merely 1000 years old. So technically, she's still a kid. But as she matures, her voice, actions and maturity in thinking changes accordingly.

Another thing to note is that almost all the main cast have to act as more than 1 character, thanks to body-swapping/disguising throughout the story. So how do you differentiate between the young Xiao lan hua and (say for example) dongfang qingcang or a 4000 year old Xiao lan hua? One of the ways is to change the depth of your voice or mannerisms.

It took a while but at the end of 36 episodes, I understood and appreciated the details that have gone into this drama. If you are able to get through those few episodes and become more interested in the story, this whole drama will be very enjoyable. However, if you still cannot bring yourself to continue, no worries. Just drop it and find a new drama to watch. There are so many c-dramas being aired at one time and churned out so fast on various platforms that I'm sure you'll find more to enjoy.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I compared Leo and Dylan because I don't know their background. All I see is 2 young guys acting. And my eyes just a bit more captivated towards Leo. I have seen actors started at a young age it doesn't necessarily means they are better than their counterparts all the time...it depends on their dedication and determination to better themselves. And I have seen some that just step foot in the industry and is more convincing as an actor/actresses. It boils down to just how bad the person wants it.

Leo and Dylan will thrive in the industry, as to many now, Dylan has proved himself with this drama. Even if the industry is super crowded once you have you place it's basically going forward. Like Lusi, she finally made it even though she has been acting for a while. The 2 dramas that really propelled her is the one with yang yang and LLTG.

I don't mind Esther's voice because most female's voice seem the same to me . I can't tell the difference as most talk and act cute. I think, I am more picky with the male's voice...because the male's voice supposed to be strong, commanding and firm..if it comes out squeaky and high pitch...then we have a problem lol

Anne22

sarNie Juvenile
I compared Leo and Dylan because I don't know their background. All I see is 2 young guys acting. And my eyes just a bit more captivated towards Leo. I have seen actors started at a young age it doesn't necessarily means they are better than their counterparts all the time...it depends on their dedication and determination to better themselves. And I have seen some that just step foot in the industry and is more convincing as an actor/actresses. It boils down to just how bad the person wants it.

Leo and Dylan will thrive in the industry, as to many now, Dylan has proved himself with this drama. Even if the industry is super crowded once you have you place it's basically going forward. Like Lusi, she finally made it even though she has been acting for a while. The 2 dramas that really propelled her is the one with yang yang and LLTG.

I don't mind Esther's voice because most female's voice seem the same to me . I can't tell the difference as most talk and act cute. I think, I am more picky with the male's voice...because the male's voice supposed to be strong, commanding and firm..if it comes out squeaky and high pitch...then we have a problem lol
Lusi finally made it. she is now dubbed as the top 95 flowers (actress born post 1995) considering how many popular dramas she has under her belt compared to other actresses of her age. however, haters said she had it easy; was offered FL role right after debut and got to act with YY and WL eventho shes new (2 yrs after debuted). theres so much hates towards her rn poor girl

seriously, c netz are just so toxic. I saw many comments in weibo face shaming Lusi and Esther Yu because thyre not as pretty as the other female actresses

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Lusi finally made it. she is now dubbed as the top 95 flowers (actress born post 1995) considering how many popular dramas she has under her belt compared to other actresses of her age. however, haters said she had it easy; was offered FL role right after debut and got to act with YY and WL eventho shes new (2 yrs after debuted). theres so much hates towards her rn poor girl

seriously, c netz are just so toxic. I saw many comments in weibo face shaming Lusi and Esther Yu because thyre not as pretty as the other female actresses
Yup, not sure why she has a lot of anti fans. She seems to stay out of trouble and get a long with her co-stars. There isn't an overly flirtatious behavior coming from her. She's playful, which I think, most of them are. When she was with yang yang his fans was like, nope, not as long as we are alive lol. It's crazy. But despite all that, she’s one of the surviving young stars. She has at least like 2 dramas out each year. Or at least, one really good one.