[Mainland] Princess Agents (2017)

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
I heard about this drama from my online friends talking about it, curious me went to read the plot. It has what I look for in a drama so that is why I'm here lol. Then I had a bright lightbulb moment when I realize that I have always been interested in badass main female lead lol & this drama has that! Besides a good plot for me is a cute actor :love: playing the main male lead is a must too lol. The last time a cute actor playing the main male lead in a wuxia drama that I swooned over was Louis Koo in The Return of the Condor Heroes 95 and that was decades ago :risas3:. In this drama Kenny Lin got my love :icon12:.

(How funny: LK then KL both names have letters K & L)

Plot:

During the Warring Period, the Western Wei enslaved large numbers of civilians. The slave girl, Chu Qiao ( Zhao Li Ying), is thrown into a forest along with other slaves and becomes the next hunting target for the rich lords. She is saved by the Prince of Northern Wei, Yan Xun (Dou Xiao). Afterwards, she is brought into a powerful family of Yuwen and witnesses their bloody power struggle. Seeing this, she swears to take her younger sister and flee from the situation. However, she catches the attention of Yuwen Yue (Lin Geng Xin), and undergoes strict training while building a sense of companionship with Yan Xun. Unfortunately, Western Wei goes into battle and Yan Xun’s family is slaughtered. After that incident, Yan Xun grows ambitious and cruel to avenge for the things and the people he lost. He doubts Chu Qiao and takes advantages of her loyalty and love many times, disregarding their relationship as well as the sacrifices he will have to make for power. Disappointed with the man she once loved, Chu Qiao eventually breaks off her relationship with Yan Xun and chooses to fight with Yuwen Yue, destroying Yan Xun’s plans of vengeance. She eventually convinces Yuwen to free the country from slavery, becoming a successful military strategist/female general in the people’s hearts.

Cr to rightful owners

Ms.Zoe

O-M-G I don't believe :eek:, I am shocked, surprised & very HAPPY that the first fan made mv of this drama I found happened to have the Korean song Carry On that I love so much & had wanted to make a fan made mv with it for so long but I don't know how to make a fan made mv unfortunately :(...okay sad part is over after I saw this fan made mv :aaaaa:.

Cr to onlymyobsession

Thank you onlymyobsession ;)!

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
I checked this out for ZLY after liking her in Journey of Flower and so far I'm into it to. Also loving the main guy too.

Lately I've been swooning over Chinese p'eks more than lakorn p'eks. Love both Wallaces, WH in Love Me if You Dare and Wallace Chung in General and I and now Kenny Lin. It's their characters. The cold-I-have-no-feelings p'ek secretly and awkwardly falling in love? Yeah sign me up. Yuwen Yue is so dorky and awkward and it's adorable.

Or the 100% devoted and in love like General and I? Yeah into that too.

Ms.Zoe

I'm currently on ep 5. I do want to ff parts of those princes & that princess chit chatting so much but then if I do I might miss something important in their conversations or skip YY scenes :love: so I'm trying my best not to ff lol.

Does anyone else think Yuwen Yue is the male version of Xiao Long Nu Little Dragon Maiden besides me? :pancarta: He and XLN both wear white, they are skilled in martial arts & not that talkative, really cold looking lol. And I also think Xinger is the female version of Yang Guo :pancarta:.

Edit: One more comment, when Xinger wears those black tight bodysuit, she looks so skinny, I thought to myself that the strong wind could blow her away lol.

Last edited:

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
I binged watched it to Ep.16 and the lead couple has so much chemistry. But I skip a lot too . I mainly watch the leads scenes and the fight scenes so it goes pretty quick for me.

Sarn I think you'll like this because it reminds me a lot of General and I. The main difference is Yuwen trained Xinger to be his spy. And PingTing/He Xia bond was from growing up together while in here Xinger and 2nd lead guy became loyal and bonded to one another after she already met p'ek.

But otherwise it's really similar. N'ek is a super smart general, though this one is good at physical fighting too. The 2nd guy that n'ek is first loyal to, his family gets killed and so he turns bad to get revenge. P'ek aand N'ek are on opposites sides of a war etc.

I really hope there's no long separation like in General and I but I think there will be. It was 10-15? episodes in G&I where the main couple was separated and I basically skipped them.

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
IMG_8284.PNG In love with Li Geng Xin and Zhao Li Ying! And I don't even watch Chinese dramas much but this pretty couple caught my attention in this drama! They have great chemistry on and off screen. Haven't shipped a couple from China or Taiwan since Meteor Garden days. Ahhh! Thank goodness they air two episodes mon-thu!!! The wait is only three days! Whew! Love this new couple so much! I hope they collaborate again soon!!!

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
Ah Ep.16 is the best so far. YWY's expression when the shop guy outed him to Xing Er that he gave her a lover's sword that paired up with his was hilarious. He was like a kid getting caught stealing cookies lol. He's so chill about getting stuck in that cave while XE is all worried and frustrated to find a way out. I just need more scenes of them together. There's so many extra characters that I don't care about.

YWY reminds me a bit of Bai Zihua in Journey actually but he's a lot warmer and dorkier.

Ms.Zoe

I am so behind, I am still on ep 5. I think I will skip other characters' scenes & just focus on the scenes of these two lovely people :love:.

The reason I am behind on eps is because I watched 3 movies of Kenny lol.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
I'm on Ep.18 and I think they're about to start the long separation. How long does it last? Cause I'm about to skip till the reunion.

She just found out that YWY plans to sacrifice her from overhearing the grandpa. But man their arrow practice scene was hot. They have so much chemistry.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
Ok I'm losing interest in this. Minimal scenes between the lead couple and I think n'ek is way too bitchy towards p'ek for my liking. It's not the fun or funny type of bickering either.

I did skip all the episodes they were separated so I'm probably missing a whole lot of the story but still. Maybe I'll check back in for the ending.

sarN

sarNie Granny
Yeah, I like esp 16 when the shop dude said they carry a couple sword LOL & she immediately turn to glare at YWY because he given that sword to her to confirm her new status as spy of the EYE. She probably doesn't think to much of it but it seen like YWY intentionally want to mark his woman secretly & got busted by the shop dude because he got the guilt/shock look & quickly recollected himself with his trademark expression , cold & stoic :risas3: . I waited til it's 40 some eps out and then start on it , I'm at esp 20 , hopefully by the time I catch , the show end.

I love the chemistry beweet the lead , even though all they do is have those intense eye stare moment LOL , like two fishes in a bowl. It's all cool . I didn't ff, afraid I might miss some important detail, even in Gerneral and I , it bore & drag but I endure it. Hopefully the separation isn't long, there lots of changes from the novel, I don't feel that XE love or fall in love with the Prince . The summary said she love the Prince , it was her first love but I beg the difference .

sarN

sarNie Granny
I really hope there's no long separation like in General and I but I think there will be. It was 10-15? episodes in G&I where the main couple was separated and I basically skipped them.
Don't really understand why they have to seperate loll . Chinese drama love those long years of separate , so annoying lol . In the novel XE was an 8 years kid , they seperated when she was 14-16 I believe, can't remember but it was 10 years!!!!!! She was with the Prince that long !! Fighting alone his side & basically grow up together . Good lord . I can't endure 10 years loll , lucky in General and I , its only 3 years

Ms.Zoe

In the drama, they were separated only 3 years right? I saw a clip of one ep & 3 years were mentioned in their conversation. Yang Guo & Xiao Long Nu has the longest separation year that I know of - 16 years, they could have so many kids within 16 years! Their oldest child could have been 16 lol. I guess Chinese drama long year of separation is a test on the couple's faithfulness :).

sarN

sarNie Granny
3 year ok , I can endure that , lot better than 10 years !! Good Lord!! XE & YWY got married & have 3kids at the end or was it 4 , I forgot but they do got together & live happily ever after in their kingdom . The only thing that annoyed me was the separation after separation & too much politic & war talk because when she finally left the Prince ( nearly 2/3 of the novel goes by ) , XE & YWY got separated again just when she had a change of heart & realized she loved him !!! She thought he was dead for years while he still alive and kicking but secretly helping her in the shadows *pull hair* , damn writer for being so melodramatic, "so near but yet so far" hahaha

Ms.Zoe

Yay! I hope that we will get to see them with their kids!!! With all the separation & misunderstanding between them, they deserve a happy ending with their "descendants" :risas3:.

Gosh I have to say Good Lord too, their love story is a whirlwind, hurdle of obstacle after another. I love a man who supports his woman :love:, so sweet.

Gosh it took her that long to realize that she loves him, it took me like only 5 eps to love him :risas3:.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
Wait there's another long separation coming? Damn. The first one ended up being about 10 episodes already.

I'm at esp 20
Get to 21 Sarn! There's a hot scene there lol. It's a scene that reminds me of the dagger scene in General and I, where CBJ dares PT to stab him.

Gosh it took her that long to realize that she loves him, it took me like only 5 eps to love him
I know! I kept talking to the screen like a crazy person. Like give him to me XE if you don't want him! lol

I think I didn't mind the 16 years separation in ROCH cause episode wise it ended up being like 3-4 episodes or something really short. Meanwhile these dramas nowadays, it's practically in real time.

sarN

sarNie Granny
There should be another separation after they reunited LOL , this time she thought he was dead but he survived & live on for several more years til she found out he was alive but in the drama they might change it , I pray tho loll . It took over 10 year or so til they become a couple , into their early 30 & 40 , the book was about war beweent kingdom & rebuilding a nation , therefore years and years pass. Honestly , I thought the Prince was the hero because it was about his struggle for revenge & getting his empire back with XE fighting along side him for nearly 10 years as comrade & lover . WYX was more of a villain through out. But on TV they make him righteous & good , an complete 360 of his chartcher . It was one of those storyline where the villain actually got the girl .