[Mainland] Princess Returning Pearl 2011

123yanis

sarNie Egg
XIAO YAN ZI N RONG MO MO

NEW XIA ZIWEI

NEW VERSION OF PRINCESS RETURNING PEARL! BUT STARRING LI SHENG, FROM CALLING FOR LOVE.
THE TITLE FOR PRINCESS RETURNING PEARL IS CALL, NEW MY FAIR PRINCESS. I WAS MAD HOW THEY'RE REMAKE IT, BECAUSE I LIKE THE OLD ONE AND THE OLD CAST, MOSTLY IN LOVE WITH RUBY LIN CHARACTER. BUT THIS NEW ONE, THE NEW XIA ZIWEI (RUBY LIN) IS HAI LU, A NEW ACTRESS AND THE Xiao Yan ZI IS LI SHENG.
THE TWO MAIN GUY, ARE ALSO NEW TOO.
Zhang Rui (张睿) as Yong Qi / Wu A Ge (5th prince)
Li Jiahang (李佳航) as Fu Erkang

BUT THE NEW XIA ZIWEI, IS NOT AS PRETTY AS THE OLD ONE, RUBY LIN.
BUT GUESS WHAT, RUBY LIN ALSO STARRED IN HERE AS Xia Yuhe, I FORGOT WHO SHE WAS, BUT YEH, I'M SO GLAD TOO.

chubbycheeks

imma kick ur-ass-aya !
I wonder how long it'll take to film this remake since they've been working on it for so long. It's a little skeptical since a lot of the cast seem to be newbies but lets wait and see. Regardless I still love the original cast and no one can surpass them

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
I did some research and Ruby Lin is returning to play XIA ZIWEI's mother, just like the older one where she took dual roles.

More info on the cast here

I'm soooo sad, everytime i come read this thread my heart drops. I really really like the old version, it was part of my childhood. The new cast doesn't compare to the old version. The new 5th prince isn't as handsome as Alec Su.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Hmm I thought Vicky role was more of the lead, although the story revolves around Ruby. And it was Vicky that got me into the drama. Her character was quite witty not too overwhelming and she probably had the best character development.

I don't like the 5th prince nor was I a big fan of Alec Su. It was a bit hard to watch but because Vicky's portrayal was so good, I kept moving forward.

kulyia

RUK
the only thing im looking forward to is rubys role :p

and maybe its just me but i found it a little scary how the new cast had a little similarity compared to the original cast...

jeeja

Miss SMILES :D
I'm actually excited to see this new casting...though i truly love the original <especially Vicky & Alec> but it doesn't look too bad with the new casting.
here are the teasers...i'm sorry to say, but Ziwei and her guy just bores me...

credits 2: ancientseries @ YT

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
They ruined this completely. And what the hell is with the white guy, did the directors think "oh let's make this original and add a white guy" he has nothing to do with the storyline. The gal who is Ruby Lin's old character looks too old and the guy she is pairing up with is wearing lipgloss. The dude that plays the 5th prince can't act nor gives 5th prince vibes. They changed everything. I was going to watch this even if I knew from the beginning that this will never be as good as the original but now I don't even want to. I even tried not putting my biased opinion and it's no good. They ruined this for me, the cast is a no no. They should have never remade this in the first place. Well at least they kept the ost. Oh and another thing to whine about what is with the lotus singing scene, looks so stupid.

chubbycheeks

imma kick ur-ass-aya !
The costumes look very nice and I love that they kept the original OST as well but I'm not really feeling the cast. I don't sense enough charisma in any of the leads to play their roles well. But maybe I'm judging too fast. We'll see ... I do look forward to Sheren Tang's performance in here since she's such a fabulous actress.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
when will this series come out or on air??? Anyone know????
According to their Facebook they say it will air summer of 2011 but things might change so keep checking on their FB http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=124609574229254&topic=198

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Yep yep they changed the song, its nice but i still prefer Dang by Powerstation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiTJ793DFGI

lakorn watcher

sarNie Adult
The new Zi Wei is really not pretty. Why can't they find someone more prettier? Ruby Lin was so pretty in the old version and she fitted the princess role. Xiao Yian Zi is kinda pretty but her mole is a distraction.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
The new Zi Wei is really not pretty. Why can't they find someone more prettier? Ruby Lin was so pretty in the old version and she fitted the princess role. Xiao Yian Zi is kinda pretty but her mole is a distraction.
Yeah the mole turned me off, i think without it she would be prettier.