[Mainland] The Lost Tomb

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I just finished this drama and found it to be so entertaining and adventurous! I really do hope that the series will continue and the cast stays fixed :3 Such a cliffhanger~~~~ I want to know what happens next. I'm even tempted to go read the novel to spoil myself but... I can't read Chinese.. so hopefully I can find some translations in the future. I really like the cast for this drama. Li Yi Feng did an exceptional job being a naive archaeologist etc. There's not much character development since it's like an intro to all the characters and the story but... YangYang's character "XiaoGe/Little Master/KylinZhang" is so mysterious and intriguing. He had such little screentime compared to the others but his scenes are so memorable. I would say he's like one of the spotlights for the show! XD Tang Yan's character is still unknown, so I'm just curious if she's actually a good person or not. As for Fatty, oh goodness... they always have to give us a character like him who can be annoying.

Anyways... while I'm waiting for future sequels... I'm also super excited for it's prequel: Old Nine Gates too, which also happens to have a nice cast as well (William Chan~~~~~) :D.

There's going to be a film adaptation too and it'll star Luhan as Li Yi Feng's character and Jing Boran as Yang Yang's character. <--- I can't wait to see how Jing Boran will portray Little Master because Yang Yang did great! I hope Luhan can do justice to Yi Feng's character because I really thought Yi Feng was perfect.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I finished this two weeks ago. I have completed 3 Chinese drama in the past 2 and half weeks!!! The only music I listen to now is Chinese too!!!

I am not sure if I want to follow this drama now. Eight season, one per year!!! At least thats what I have heard.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ LOL, tell me about it Fun... I've been in a Chinese drama phase for quite some time now and I can't really jump onto others ehehe.

But yes.. I don't know if I can kindly wait years for all the seasons.. I'm worried the cast will change :(

fun

Expired Sarnie
Thats 7 years of torture lol plus it may even take longer regarding China sensorship and regulation.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ I know :( ... the censorship and regulation worries me the most compared to the wait.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Call me crazy but... I just bought the 1st 6 translated books... and this is like shocking since I haven't even been reading printed texts let alone novels at all lately besides my college textbooks (but who wants to read those? LOL) It should be arriving in 2 days if nothing changes. I'm just so curious to know what will occur.... ahhh.

Sadly only 6 out of the 9 books are translated but.. if I pick up learning Mandarin Chinese again in the future then.. I should be set.. but oh goodness, me and learning a new language always tend to fail since I like so many languages :( Wei shi me???~~~

Anyways, I will be reading the novel as a graduation gift to myself this summer :)

fun

Expired Sarnie
Omg I was Amazon a few days after I finished the first season. Been delaying in purchasing the novel series. I have read translated books before and god were they awful. There were no grammatical issues but how it was written had no heart. I preferably like fan translation because often time they would provide footnote.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ Right? That's what I'm worried about too :( I love fan translations but I haven't really found sources.. so these translated books are the next best thing. But goodness, I almost didn't want to buy it because the covers are so un-appealing in my opinion... @_@

fun

Expired Sarnie
Well once you get it, do you mind posting a paragraph. That will allow me to make a decision lol Theres so many chinese novels i wish i could read.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I only read the first 3 chapters and can already see the differences. @fun, I'll pm a few snippets for you to read :)

Anyways, in the drama, we have Wu Xie go on the journey with his friend, the girl who betrays him later, and Uncle Three. In the novel, that friend and the girl isn't in there.. so they're most likely additional characters added for the drama.. unless they're added later on in the novel. I'll double check when I get farther. Also how the map is found is totally different too. Wu Xie didn't find it in that bull antique that we saw. Some old man brought it for him to see at his store and he took a picture of it (secretly lol).

Tigrafr

sarNie Hatchling

The Lost Tomb is based on one Internet Novel it's also released in English.

The story tell about : Wu Xie is an antique shop owner who comes from a family of tomb raiders. As he continues the family trade with his team of tomb raiders, he finds lost treasures of the Warring States as well as the answers to the tragedies of his family’s past. With the help of his grandfather’s notes and his team – the quiet Zhang Qiling , the resourceful Pang Zi, the experienced Wu Sanxing , San Xing’s loyal helper Pan Zi , and the skillful Ah Ning – Wu Xie sets out to find the lost treasures as well as the people responsible for the massacre of his family.

(Summary by Wikipedia)

Wu Xie : Li Yifeng
Zhang Qiling : Yang Yang
Pang Zi : Liu Tianzuo
Wu Sanxing : Ken Chang
Pan Zi : Wei Wei
Ah Ning : Tang Yan

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Thanks for sharing dear, but we actually have a topic for this already :)

edit: merged topic

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Oh thank i just didn't see it so that why i wanted to do it (sorry again)
No worries, it's all good :) Older drama topics are moved to the completed section so many tend to not see or know.

But anyways, did you watch this one? :D :D :D

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Yes i have watched it and even read the novel and i love it :)
Kyahhhh~~~ Did you read the whole novel?

I bought the 6 translated books on Amazon, but sadly the last 3 aren't translated. *boohoo, sniffsniff* I'm barely on the second book right now because I've been taking it slow.

Tigrafr

sarNie Hatchling
Kyahhhh~~~ Did you read the whole novel?

I bought the 6 translated books on Amazon, but sadly the last 3 aren't translated. *boohoo, sniffsniff* I'm barely on the second book right now because I've been taking it slow.
Only the first one and i read them in Chinese (since i can find all of the books in Chinese and it's help me for my reading skill) and it's very awesome like some other chinese books and chinese dramas :)