major model management

go for it! it is an actual agency...they have a blogspot and a website. not only do they have an establishment in nyc, but also in milan and other cities. google them up.

Merit

sarNie Adult
You don't have to look like all the other models. The one that are weird looking and different usually are a bit more successful. For her to approach you, she must see something in you. The big model agencies usually don't just go up to people just for the fun of it. Never know unless you try out. It's one of those things that..."what if I did it'? Take a chance on it....the worst thing is....you'll get an experience that you might not able to get.

Good luck if you do.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
dude, if it's legit, what's the worse that could happen...they don't contract u? doubting urself will only highlight ur lack of confidence. n confidence is way sexier than any buff bod.

maybe u should have ur gf take amateur model poses and post it here. i'll tell u if ur damn sexy or not. LMAO remember, it's all in the confidence...u've already got the height...

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
dude, if it's legit, what's the worse that could happen...they don't contract u? doubting urself will only highlight ur lack of confidence. n confidence is way sexier than any buff bod.

maybe u should have ur gf take amateur model poses and post it here. i'll tell u if ur damn sexy or not. LMAO remember, it's all in the confidence...u've already got the height...
Thookie... hello... you only watch out for your girls. You have to watch out for your boyz too.

The worse thing that could happen to him is that he is tied down by some homosexuals/metrosexuals who want to rape him or fondle him.

I'm sure the guy is being modest about his appearance.

As for being hot and good looking, not all models or movie stars are hawt and good looking. The key thing about modeling is how you look in photographs. There are a lot of photogenic people who know how to look good in front of the camera. There are also people who are good looking, but not photogenic..

If you plan to do it... just make plans to make yourself comfortable and safe. Have your girlfriend and friends tag along or get permission so you have back up. You should alert a few people that your interested. Thookie... he may have to sacrifice his body and learn to expose himself either behind the camera or afterwards.

He'll have to see how far he is willing to go for the position. But like everyone in SW, I'm sure given the opportunity, you should take it as far as you feel comfortable with. No one ever feels confident and comfortable in the beginning of anything. First time going to school, first time at an interview, etc. You will always be nervous and shy. But try it and be safe. Create limits and boundaries you expect to stick with.

You might be photogenic and become the next ad model or you might not look good and the scout wasted the agencies money and time as well as yours. However, scouts should have a knack of these things. She probably said to mention her name.... so she can get credit if you make it. You have a shoe in... and the scout thinks you are photogenic.

Best of luck... Thookie probably wants to get a pic before you sign a contract and won't get to let anyone see your face. 5555

N-e-hoots... cheers!

Good luck and share how things go with us peeps. I always wanted to be a model, but I'm neither good looking nor tall enough to make the cut. Dayam it. 5555

So live it up and share so we can live the dream through your experience. :^P

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
do it! do it! do it! do it!

i was made fun of growing up too. therefore, u gotta represent for us folks who were teased and made fun of!! just don't go alone and/or pay any type of "fees". sometimes, they tell u there is some kind of start-up fee when it is fake. good luck!!

untinnu

sarNie Adult
If modeling is your passion, then do it. If you want to try it out, then do it. If it's for money, then it may or may not be worth it.

Don't forget that if things go REALLY well, you'd be followed day and night. No privacy in your life. Nobody knows about the good deeds but the bads spread around like a disease.

Also when you start off, there would be lots of criticism. You'd have to be emotionally prepared for those.

Being well-know/famous is not always a good thing.

Since she said you can go in whenever then it's great. They're giving you a lot of time.

That said, DO IT!! Sounds like an 'adventure'.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
People seem to have this misconception about the modeling world and models in general.
I was a scout for a little while and trust me, if they approach you the see potential in you. Now, whether you book a job or not is a different story entirely.

The truth is, you don't have to be tall to be a model. *There are different types of modeling. That even includes doing commercials.
-- You don't have to be good looking. Have you really taken a look at some of these models? Yeah, they look great wearing clothes but have you really looked at their faces?
If you're doing print, obviously you need to have a nice face as well as a body that goes with it. At least something decent.
A lot of guy models, especially run way are on the more slender side.
Runway models, especially women, don't have to be pretty because they're basically a walking a hanger. They're job is to show off the clothes and compliment it, not out shine it.

Honestly, the fact that you're having to pay for test shoots and a place to stay kind of raises a red flag.
I'm not saying they're not legit but I'd check more into the company. Anyone can put up a blog and website these days, doesn't necessarily mean they're legit. Look them up with BBB.org.

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
i was made fun of growing up too. therefore, u gotta represent for us folks who were teased and made fun of!!
What?! Isn't it still ongoing? Who stopped? Or are you still growing? :^P

j/k chica... you know everyone loves you!

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
haha, Anny... I laughed when you wrote "a walking hanger." Yeah literally.. they're skinny like hangers too.

But anywho, I agree with Thookatha. Take some pics and show us.. :D