Maybe This Time | Chapter 10 UP

lynnyang

sarNie Adult
Sorry for the long wait and thank you to my readers for being patient! Here you go:

Chapter 4​

“Five years,” Grayson shouted angrily. “I missed out on my son’s life! Five years!”

Tiffany tried to pull back, but he tightened his grip on her.

“You’re hurting me,” she winced.

He looked down at his hands realizing how hard he was holding onto her. Her skin was already turning red. He dropped his hand and took a step back. She pulled away putting a gap between them. He looked back at her and met her stare. Something’s just don’t change at all, the way her eyes looked at him. It was just like five years ago being his wife gazing up at him with warm brown eyes and he would find himself lost in them. She quickly broke away.

“Does he…does he know about me?” he finally asked.

Trying not to look nervous, she focused her eyes looking straight at the crowd behind him.

“I only told Reed that his father was out there somewhere,” she answered.

“I want to know my son and I want to be a part of his life.”

“Okay.”

“I’m leaving back to New York. I’m taking my son with me.”

Her eyes snapped up to his.

“What?”

“You heard me,” he said coldly.

She stepped up to him.

“That’s not happening!”

“You have two choices, one you come along with us to New York or we do it the hard way, I take you to court and we can battle this out.”

“Over my dead body,” Tiffany muttered.

Instead of finding his-self pissed off and angry, he smirked at her. It was good to see her all riled up. He pissed her off. Oh, how she wanted to slap the smug look on his. He thought it was funny!

“So…what’s it going to be, Tiffany?”

Even he was surprised as she was at the sound of her name coming out of his mouth. It had been so long ago since he spoke her name and she hearing it from him again. A moment of silence and awkwardness filled them.

“I…uh…I…” she stuttered.           

“You what, Tiffany?”

Her eyes fixed onto his mouth just a little too long. She snapped away and blurted out, “I said over my dead body!”

His eyes narrowed at her and smirked again; the sexy smirk that she was so crazed about. Oh, how she wish he was an ugly fart! God damn him!

“Huh…over your dead body? So I’ll see you in court then?” he said.

Tiffany closed the gap between them.

“Why don’t you just f-“

“Tiffany!” Jaime called. “Your team is up in 30 minutes.”

Tiffany closed her mouth and stepped back.

“Okay, I’ll be over!” she yelled back and then back at Grayson, “I am willing to put all differences aside for the sake of my son. But no way in hell will I allow you to take my son away.”

Grayson yanked her arm and she flew forward smacking right into his chest. No more of the sexy smirk, it was now the business man mode ready to take charge if forced.

“Do not force me Tiffany! I am being as reasonable as I see it to be. I will take my son to New York one way or another.”

They stare at each other, neither backing down. They stood so close that if he just eased his other hand around her waist than he could be holding her in his embrace. Before he realized, the tip of her fingers were on his face. His eyes shifted down to her hands and then back at her. He knew that look on her face because it was the same exact look he saw in his self for the past five years; the longing and yearning for her to return. His right hand touched her wrist.

Tiffany pulled her hand away and shoved at him. It was a mistake to even touch him. A big mistake and she was ashamed of herself. She wasn’t going to fall for him again.          

“I need to go,” she said refusing to look back at him and turned away.   

“We’re not through yet. Tiffany,” he finished before watching her walk away and disappeared in the crowd.

Reed jumped up from his chair the moment he saw Tiffany coming around.

“Mom, the man earlier,” he began.

“Not now,” she said. “I need to get change, will talk later okay?”              

Reed nodded his head. She took him in her arms for a tight hug and kissed his head. No way was she going to allow Grayson to take her son away or to even dream of her following him back to New York. She was done with that life five years ago. Her life was here in San Francisco.

She changed in her baseball attire. She went out to the bench where her team and coworkers stood anxiously.

“Winters, you’re up after Mary,” said Toby, her coworker and team captain who was in his mid-fortes, but looked like fifty-three years old.

“Wait, I thought I was up first at bat?” she asked standing in front of her other five coworkers.

“Supposedly you were, but we decided it wouldn’t work because you see Daniel’s ankle just got better and if he goes last the chances of us getting home runs aren’t high. Mary can’t run fast and Tom here isn’t really good at swinging the bat, but it’s worth a try. You are our best player! You are the best at bat and running. If you go third you can get us three home runs. We don’t have to win six games, three’s good!”  Toby explained.

She nodded her head.

“Alright if the team agrees, I’ll stand by too!”

“We’re up in 25 seconds,” Toby said breaking in a sweat. “Let’s gather together.”

The whole team laid out their right hands like playing tag and shouted out, “JDC! JDC! JDC Go  Go JDC!”

Everyone got in position and watched as Daniel was up first on bat.

“First up on bat from Juvenile Detention Center, Daniel Stevens!” the MC announced out.

The crowd was up screaming and shouting as poor old Daniel got in position to swing. He was on two strikes as the team watched nervously as he took the third swing and dropped his bat and took off running to first base.

“You go Daniel!” the team shouted.

Poor Daniel was breathing heavily as he waved back at the team.

“Second up we have Mary Parker!”

“You go Mary,” Tiffany shouted. “Make us proud!”

Mary was overweight, which made running a hard task for her. She was up on bat and in position to swing.

“Ready?” the pitcher asked.

Mary nodded her head.

He threw the ball at her and with her bat she swung with all her might. She threw the bat down and started running and made it only to first base as Daniel only got to second.

“Enjoying baseball?” Grayson asked as he spotted Calvin on the bleachers and made his way through.

“Interesting game so far,” he answered, “gotta give it up to the older man and woman out there in the field for managing to run this heat.”

“Is it? Which team you cheering for then? JDC? ADC?” asked Grayson trying to see if he could spot Tiffany and his son in the big crowd.

“I’m putting my money on JDC,” Calvin answered with a knowing smile.

“Why is that? And what’s with the smile?”

Calvin chuckled, stood up clapping his hand along with the crowd.

Right that moment, the MC announced out, “Next up we have Juvenile Detention Center’s best player, Tiffany Winters.”

Grayson stood up to look and couldn’t believe his eyes. There she stood below in a yoga pant and top that wrote Team JDC. Her hair was up in a ponytail. She was up on base with a bat on hand. She turned around blew a kiss out of her hand to someone. His eyes searched to see who it was and there stood his son Reed waving back at her. She faced the pitcher and nodded her head. The pitcher threw the ball and she swung at it. The ball went flying up in the air and out of the field. He watched in amazed as she took off running after her team as one by one they made it to homerun!

Calvin watched with a satisfying smile and spoke, “Isn’t she something?!”

Grayson gave him the dead glare and said nothing. Since when had she been in baseball or any kind of sport?

“Mom, you were so cool!” Reed said jumping up and down.

“You nailed them Mom!” Riley added tugging her arm.

“What did I say? I am Queen of Baseball!” Tiffany said with both her hands up in the air.

Mason snarled at her.

“Whatever, you only did well today because I was here!”

Tiffany shoved him lightly on the shoulder.         

“You were no help and support at all! I saw you ogling your boy toys the whole time.”

Jaime gave Tiffany a high five and added, “Right on, Tiffany!”

“Let’s get going. I’m getting tired and ready to hit the shower,” Tiffany announced as they head towards the parking lot.

“You were amazing today, Tiffany!” Jaime complimented.

“Thanks, I made the team proud today. ADC only lost by a point.”

“They sure did. Oh and Tiffany about the man earlier,” her friend started.

Tiffany did not forget, but was trying to avoid answering questions regarding Grayson from their earlier encounter. She hated having to go in details and explain who he is and what happened between them.

Jaime, Mason, Riley and Reed all stopped and waited to hear what her explanation was. She had always have answer to everything, but today, right here and right now she just couldn’t bring her mouth to open up and say a word.

“Yeah, Mom who was he?” Riley asked. 

“Do I even know the guy?” Mason questioned.

Reed looked at his mom and then said, “Why do his eyes look like mine?”

All eyes went to Reed and back at Tiffany. Tiffany closed her eyes as her head fell down.

“I was going to ask you the same question Tiffany. The man’s friend came to talk to me earlier. Besides telling him you were in the baseball game, I didn’t give away anything,” informed Jaime.

Tiffany’s head snapped back up and got down on her knees in front of Reed.

“Mommy, who is he?” he asked anxiously.

Tiffany took her son’s face in her hands and looked him in the eyes. Every time she thought about Grayson, she looked her son in the eyes and saw him there and it didn’t get so lonely anymore. Sooner or later he will start questioning about his father again. This was it. For five years, she had kept silence and didn’t speak a word about his father and their painful marriage. It was time to let Reed know who his father is. She owe her son this much.

A tall figure loomed over mother and son.

“I am your father.”

(Up next, the crazy life of the Winter's...)

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
Thank you na Lynn for another awesome chapter!     :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

What a wonderful way to start of the week with the new update!

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
Hi Lynn
I like how authoritative Grayson was in telling Reed he was his son, solved what Tiffany was planning on revealing. Wonder if she would follow them to NY for Reed and her own sake.
Thank you Lynn for this update, am looking forward to know their situation.

lynnyang

sarNie Adult
As a bonus to my wonderful readers. Here you go:

​
Chapter 5​
 ​

About thirty minutes later in Tiffany’s kitchen, Mason rant out, “Bitch, why didn’t you tell me your ex-husband was ‘The’ hot ass, Gray Smith?”

Tiffany’s head was slumped down on the table banging on it lightly. Mason was no help at the moment. Right now, she was so frustrated. Thank god, Grayson left them alone after she told him to give her until tomorrow to do some explaining to Reed that he agreed to go away. Her son was out in the living room with Riley waiting for her anxiously. This wasn’t going to be easy as she had hope.

She lifted her head up and gave Mason a dark glare, “Of all the things to say, hot ass? Really, Mason? Really?”

Mason made a face at her.

“You are one lucky bitch! For all I know, every woman would kill to be Mrs. Smith expect for you Winters! “

“Yeah, yeah, and I don’t care! I don’t even like him anymore!”

“Sure, you keep telling yourself that sweetheart!”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” she asked.

Mason shrugged his shoulder.

“You figure it out. And you need to get the hell out there to do some explaining to your son. You owe to him this much, Tiffany!”

Tiffany sighed.

“I know. I’m dreading to though.”

Mason went behind her and pulled her onto her feet and pushed her out the door.

“Stop it and stop making excuses. Reed has a right to know his father as Gray has a right to him too. So put all your differences aside and be the good Mom that I know you are, okay?”

“Okay,” she muttered making her way out.

Reed looked up from the sofa the moment she walked in.

Tiffany cleared her throat.

“Riley, can I have a moment with Reed?”

Riley nodded her head and went in the kitchen to join Mason.

Still dreading, Tiffany slowly found her way to her son and sat down beside him.

“Reed,” she began. “You have a father and his name is Grayson Reed Smith like yours. I left him a long time ago. He didn’t know until today that he had a son. I never told him about you. It’s really complicated between your dad and I, but just know that your dad is very happy that he has you and he really wants to get to know you. Am I making sense?”

“Yes, Mom,” he answered.

“Whew,” she said throwing a hand in the air.

“When will I get to see him again?”

“Well, the thing is, your dad doesn’t live here. He lives in New York City. He’s only here for a business trip and he’s going to be leaving soon.”

“But…but,” he said all tear up. “I just met him and he’s going away.”

Tiffany cupped her son’s face and wiped the tears from his crystal blue eyes.

“Not exactly, your dad wants you to go with him,” she cleared.

With a beaming smile he said brightly, “Really? Can I go than?”

Tiffany’s face fell.

“I…I…I don’t know baby. I don’t want to let your dad take you away from here.”

“But Mom, I want to know him.”

She gave a long sigh before making a decision.

“Fine, you can go.”

He jumped up and hugged her.

“Thank you, Mom. You’re the best. So does this mean you, me and Riley will all go?”

Silence. Reed pulled away to look at her. Her eyes were on the ground.

“Mom?”

“Riley and I are not going.”

“No, why?”

“Reed, our life is here. You can get to know your dad, but Riley and I are not going to leave everything here and go with you guys.”

“No, Mom. No, that’s not fair!” Reed yelled.

“Reed,” she said with a warning tone. “Life isn’t f-“

Reed got up and ran upstairs, leaving her stop in midsentence.

“Well, that went well,” Mason spoke up coming out from behind the kitchen door with Riley.

“Mom, I’ll go talk to him,” she offered and went after him.

Tiffany slump back at the sofa and shut her eyes.

“Can it get any worse for today?” she said.

“Eventually it will if you stop being a bitch!” Mason said taking a seat beside her.

Her eyes opened and narrowed at him.

“What did I do wrong?”

“You shouldn’t have argued about not going with him. After all these years, he never met his dad for once and now that he does, he only wanted one thing.”

“And that is?” Tiffany asked.

Mason leaned over with his hand and flipped her on the forehead.

“Ouch,” she groaned. “That hurts!”

“Good, than you should know that the only thing your son wants is to have a complete family!”

“We are a complete family!” she argued.

Mason raised an eyebrow.

“Oh, really? Than how do you explain about Reed getting picked on almost every day because he doesn’t have a dad?”

That got Tiffany to shut up.

“Exactly,” said Mason crossing his hands.

“How do I fix this?”

Mason took Tiffany’s hand in his.

“You know the answer to that. Stop doubting and stop thinking so much. It doesn’t hurt to give your son a happy family, even if you and Gray are no longer together.”

Tiffany took her hands off his and slid it on his waist and leaned in for a hug.

“You always know the right thing to say.”

He chuckled and patted her on the back.

“That’s what friends are for. Now about your hot a-”

Tiffany shoved him away.

Her cellphone was buzzing nonstop. Her left eyes peeked open to look at the clock that read four o’clock am. Who the hell was calling her so early, especially on a Sunday? Tiffany reached over and grabbed her cellphone. The number did not look familiar. This better be important she thought before answering.

“Hello?” she answered with a sleepy voice.

“It’s me.”

“Who? Who’s me?” she said.

“Gray,” he answered from the other line.

That got her wide awake.

“How the hell did you get my number?”

“Does it matter?”

“The hell it does,” she argued. “I don’t just give out my number to anyone, anyone!”

“Since when did you start getting grumpy in the mornings?” he asked.  

She pulled herself up and leaned back at the headboard of her bed.

“Since I became a Mother and especially on my day off work! I deserve my rest.”

“Well, I didn’t call you to start an argument. I called to let you know I’ll be there at eight in the morning sharp.”

“Be where?”

“Your house, where else?”

“Fine,” she snapped.

“Go back to sleep,” Gray ordered.

Tiffany made a face.

“I definitely will. Oh and the next time, don’t ever fucking call me at four in the morning,” she yelled and hung up without saying goodbye.

Grayson chuckled with amusement. This was another different side of Tiffany he had never known. He had never heard her cuss in the past. This was getting interesting.

Tiffany had set her alarm at seven o’clock. She had to get up early today because Grayson was coming over. She woke both Riley and Reed up and let them know he was coming. Reed jumped at the news and hit the restroom right away and Riley snuggled closer to her blanket.

Thirty minutes later, all three were dressed and waiting for Grayson anxiously. A knock came at the door, all three jumped. Tiffany went to open the door.

“Good morning, Tiffany,” said Parker Thomas Jefferson, her neighbor holding his bulldog, Babe right in her face. He held one of Babe’s paws and waved it at her.

“Err…good morning to you too. Can I help you?” she asked.

“Oh, well,” he laughed a little flustered by her appearance. “You look very beautiful today.”

Tiffany’s eyebrows lift in confusion. She looks herself up and down and back at Parker. She wasn’t wearing anything nice. She was in her normal Sunday attire which contains a pair of jeans and white t-shirt. Or was it her hair? Her hair was down and it’s normal beachy waves.    

“Umm…thank you. You…look good today too,” she lied through her teeth.

Parker smiled at her with his two front teeth showing similar to a beaver’s teeth. He had been in love with her for the past few years. He had to work up the nerve and talk to her. She was always so nice and polite to him, a part of her charm that he liked.

“Well, I was wondering if you and the kids want to head out and grab breakfast together?” he asked.

Tiffany opened her mouth to answer, but was interrupted by another voice.

“You low life slut! You get yourself and your daughter out here!”

Tiffany pushed past Parker and there stood at her front porch, her daughter’s nemeses, Breanna Brights with her parents, Bob and Britney.

“Good Morning, Bob and Britney, you’re here awfully early. Can I be of assistance?” she asked crossing her arms.

“You,” Britney Brights said walking up to Tiffany with a finger pointing directly at her. “Where is your daughter?”

“And to what business does my daughter owe to you, Britney?”

“Riley,” Britney shouted. “You get your ass out here, you coward!”

Tiffany uncrossed her arms and set them on her hips.

“You do not issue out an order in that kind of tone to my daughter!”

Both Riley and Reed came out.

“Now, Mrs. Brights, let’s take a breath and calm down,” Parker started who stood behind Tiffany.

Britney pointed a finger at him.

“This is none of your business,” she snapped.  “You,” she went after Riley, “did you think you were going to get away this time around? How
dare you? How dare you bully my daughter?”

“Excuse me, your daughter bullied my daughter. Get your facts straight,” said Tiffany and snapped a finger at her.

Britney saw red. “Oh you slut, you did not just snapped your filthy finger at me?!”

Her husband, Bob came around to drag her away.

“Britney, it’s just a misunderstanding. Let’s just go home and give Tiffany and her children a break,” he spoke.

Britney whipped her head around to look at him.

“You’re taking this bitch’s side? Is something going on here between you two that I don’t know?” she demanded.

“Now Britney, don’t start with accusations,” Bob protested.

Breanna chose that moment to add more fuel.

“Oh, Mom, there definitely is. Don’t you ever wonder why Dad never sides us? It’s because these whores are trying to take Dad away from us,” she said with a smirk on her face.

Riley walked up and shoved her.

“What the hell’s that supposed to mean?”

Britney’s eyes widen.

"Oh you little bitch you did not just shove my daughter,” she said through clinched teeth and grabbed Riley by the hair.

“Let go of my daughter!” Tiffany shouted trying to pull Riley away.

“Tiffany Winters, you whore!” came another voice from behind the Brights.

“What the hell?” Tiffany muttered at the sight of Poppy Lemons with her son Gaylord.

“How dare are you threaten my son, you whore?” Poppy shouted.

Tiffany looked at her confused.

“Threaten what, Poppy?”

“Just because my son picked on your bastard son at yesterday’s charity event, it does not mean you have a right to threaten my son!” she spit at them in disgust.

“I gave him a warning not a threat!” Tiffany explained.

“It does not make a difference,” Poppy shouted back and shoved Tiffany.

Reed took that moment and pushed Poppy too. She fell back in steps. Gaylord stepped up and lunged at Reed. Britney continued to hold onto Riley awhile Breanna tried to get a slap at her. Poppy got up to grab Reed, Tiffany tried to get in between. Bob went over to try and pull Riley out of the way.

Tiffany’s other next door neighbor, Norma, an older woman came out of her porch to see what all the commotion was. Her cat, Black came running out to Tiffany’s place. Parker dropped Babe and went over to help Tiffany. Babe started barking the instant Black came in sight.

“Oh shit’s on Fire Fire Fire!” Norma shouted

Mason came running out of the door still in his robe. He looked from side to side to see what the hell was happening. He stopped at Parker whose hands were around Tiffany. Parker was a nerd, but a handsome nerd. Mason went after him. He prides Parker out of Tiffany.

“What the-” Parker said.

Grayson’s car pulled up. He got out and started up the porch.

“What the hell’s going on here?” he asked, but no one paid him attention as everyone was too busy tugging at each other.

“Stop! Everyone stop! Don’t say I didn’t warn you!” Norma shouted across from her place with a bucket full of water in hand, but no one heard a word.

The sheriff’s car pulled up with the loud siren on. Grayson made his way to Tiffany as everyone quickly stop and broke away. Norma’s bucket of water came splashing right at Grayson. A shocked Tiffany looked at him with her jaw dropped wide open. Grayson was drenched from head to toe.

“What the hell’s going on? I had to miss breakfast for this?” Sheriff Broody huff out and looked over at Grayson, “What the hell happened to you?”

Grayson wiped the water from his face and glared at Tiffany. His face now was not amused.

(Coming up, Mr. Smith is a proud father...)

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
Hi Lynn thank you again!
Reed is so curious and wants to get to know his dad, would leave in a split second to join him. Its natural. Tiffany has toughen and mature, will be a challenge and fun for Grayson. They have a close but unfriendly neighborhood with all those fights. Gray gets it again, poor chap. Appreciate your fast update Lynn !

khmaichick559

sarNie Hatchling
Thank you Lynn...thought today there only one chapter updated but after work i decided to take a peak again and theres another update....again thank u....cant wait for the next....

lynnyang

sarNie Adult
As a reward for my wonderful faithful readers, here's a sneak peek at one of the upcoming chapters:

“Gray gray,” she said with her mouth an inch from his.

Oh god, how good it felt to finally hear her call out his name. It was the nickname she only called him by when she was happy and loved.  And
he heard it almost every day in those two years of their marriage. She rarely calls him Gray or Grayson. Only when she was being formal she’ll call him Gray or
when she was annoyed with him he was Grayson and when she’s being cute and playful he was Mr. Smith. But worse of all, when she was super angry she’d call him by his full name, Grayson Reed Smith.

He took her mouth in his. He heard her intake of breath. She wasn’t resisting him. Good. Taking his chances, his hand slowly circle her waist as he lift her up and sat her down on his lap. Her hands wrapped around his neck and returned the kiss. Her mouth nipped on his lower lip. He brushed his nose on hers, moving it up and down like how he had done in the past. Every time he did it, she’d smile and kiss him harder. It worked because she deepened the kiss and he took her tongue and sucked it.

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
Hi Lynn
You are such a tease but me am liking their hotness ! Seems their emotions are intact though they've been apart five years. I look forward to further reads Lynn, thank you so much.

MrsChum

sarNie Adult
Oh Wow!! Lynn you are killing us with this teaser!! Please don't let us wait toooooo longggggg!!

lynnyang

sarNie Adult
To my reader, for waiting patiently. Here you go:

Chapter 6​

Tiffany knocked on the restroom door. Grayson whipped the door open. Her eyes widen staring straight at his bare, hard muscle chest with only a towel covering his lower half. Her eyes slowly traveled up to meet his eyes. He stared at her with twinkling eyes. She quickly blinked away.

“Here,” she said shoving clothes at him. “You could wear Mason’s clothes for now.”

His left hand held onto the clothes and with his right hand he grabbed one of her arms. She looked back at him a frown.

“Was there something else you need?”

“Yes,” he answered with his right hand slowly finding its way to her waist and pulling her closer to him. He leaned in with his eyes shut and smelled her hair.

Tiffany held her breath. Her heart was pounding so fast. Oh god, how long was it ago since she felt this adrenaline? No, don’t think she told herself. Grayson was an ass she kept repeating, he was no good! Yes, he was no good!  She pulled herself out of his embrace.

“Don’t ever do that again!” she scolded.

Grayson chuckled. Her eyes were now drawn to his dimples. He was so handsome. How was she to ever resist him? It was that smile and those dimples that melt her heart seven years ago when they first met.  No, it wasn’t just his looks too, it was everything about him. Everything of him was perfect to her. Why was she thinking back to those days and him? What the hell was wrong with her?

“Are you gonna stand there all day ogling me?” Grayson teased.

Her eyes narrowed at him.

“Don’t be so full of yourself, jerk!” she said and stormed off with him chuckling behind.

Tiffany came down upstairs mumbling, “Ungrateful jerk! Who the hell does he think he is? I did not even look …”

“Look where?” Mason asked from behind her.

“Oh god, you scared me!” she shrieked slapping him on the shoulder.

Mason laughed.              

“So how does he look? Is everything still the same from your memory?”              

“Oh yuck!” she shouted and threw a pillow at him. “You are such a man-whore!”

Mason caught the pillow and stuck his tongue at her. Both stopped their bickering as Grayson came down stairs. Both had eyes on him without blinking away. From his earlier slack pants and collar shirt now into a pair of jeans and white t-shirt snuggling tight, showing off his hard muscle arms. Damn, he was so HOT. He looked like a model that stepped right out of GQ. Tiffany rarely saw him dress down when they were still married. He was always in a suit and he did look really good in it. But she had to admit, she liked this side of him more. He looked more at home dress down.

“Hot…he’s so hot. Can I have-“ Mason chocked on his words as Tiffany elbowed him in the stomach.

“You’re being an embarrassment,” she said low enough for Mason to hear only.

Grayson raised an eyebrow at her. She shrugged her shoulder.

“We meet again…Gray,” said Mason with a beaming smile enough to swallow the whole world.

“Thank you for loaning me the clothes,” Grayson replied politely.

“You welcome.”

He was still staring at Grayson who now looked at Tiffany. Tiffany cleared her throat.

“Stop staring. You’re making him uncomfortable Mason,” she said.

Mason blinked away.

“Oh I’m sorry, it’s just that I still find it hard to believe you were actually married to her,” he said bluntly.

Tiffany shot him the death glare. He did not just insult her! That little traitor!

“What the hell’s that supposed to mean?” she questioned with hands on her hips.

Mason winked at Grayson and turned to say to her, “However you want it to mean,” and walked away.

“That slut,” she muttered.

“If you’re done cussing, can we get on with business?” Grayson asked taking a seat on the sofa.

Tiffany took a breath and sat across from him.

“Would you care to explain to me about all that ruckus earlier?”

“It’s just all misunderstanding,” she answered annoyingly.

“Enlighten me.”

She groaned and rolled her eyes.

“Well…my daughter Riley’s been having problems with Breanna, the younger girl with dark hair earlier at school. Just recently Breanna upset Riley that she put gum on her hair. Her parents were very unhappy about it and wanted to give Riley a lesson. As for Reed’s case, the boy Gaylord was one of the children who picked on Reed yesterday when you came to his rescue. Well, eventually Gaylord told his mom that I threaten him. In which, I did no such thing. End of story!” she explained.          

Grayson only stared at her.

“Well what? Say something?” she snapped.

“I’m glad that I was here to talk those parents out and for the sheriff to leave without arresting anyone for disturbance!” he replied.

She rolled her eyes again. He made himself sound as if he was hero of the day.

“I want to talk too Reed.”

“He’s at the backyard with Riley. I’ll show you there.”

Both got up and made their way to the small backyard. There was a small round table where Riley and Reed sat across each other. Reed looked up at Grayson and smiled nervously. Riley got up and joined Tiffany as they went back inside.

Silence. Both father and son only looked at each other not knowing what to say. Another silence went past. Grayson opened his mouth to speak, but Reed beat him first, “You are really my dad? Are you?”

A thousand emotions cannot describe this moment how Grayson felt. This was his son, his own flesh.  He was a father and he was going to try being one helluva good father to his son. Starting from today, he will spend as much time as he can with his son. He will never leave him again. He will be in his life, the rest of his life.

“Yes,” Grayson answered proudly. “I am your father, son.”

Reed threw himself at Grayson for a hug. This was the best day of his life. He had a dad.

“Daddy!”

Hearing Reed called him dad; Grayson swallowed hard and hugged his son tighter. He was so happy. He thought it was going to take a long time before his son would call him dad, but no. He did it right now and right here. He loved his son so much.

Tiffany stood by the window and watched as father embraced his son. Tears filled her eyes. It was such a beautiful scene. She never doubted Grayson being a good father. She always knew he would be a good one.

Tiffany opened the door and there stood Parker again. Luckily, this time he came without Babe. He beamed a smile at her. He just never gave up. She just wasn’t interest in him or anyone. His hand pushed up at his oversize glasses that looked so old fashion. His dark hair was combed nicely to the side as always. He was in his usual attire, a plaid button top with a pair of slacks.

“Hey there again Parker,” she said with a fake smile. “Was there something you need?”

“Can I come in?” he asked already easing past her.

“Sure,” she said.

As she closed the door, he turned back at her and took both of her hands in his. He raised her hands and held them close to his chest. His action stunned Tiffany. This was the first time he had made a move at her. In the past, he was always so polite.

“Tiffany,” he began, “I was so worried about you. I’m always worried about you. I hate to see those bad people picking on you and your children. I’m in love with you,” Tiffany’s eyes shifted to his back to look at Grayson and Reed who walked in. Oh shit! This was embarrassing. She did not want Grayson to witness this.

“Parker-“

“No listen,” he interrupted her. “In the past, I was always polite. I did not have the courage to tell you how I felt because I thought you didn’t like me. But I was wrong. You were always so kind to me. Unlike the other women, you never made fun of me, the way I look or how I dressed.”

Guilt hit Tiffany. Oh crap, she hated how he dressed, but was always polite and never point it out. The poor guy was going to get hurt. Her eyes shift back to Grayson who stood a great five feet away and listened to the comment. His eyebrows rose and a smile lifted at his lips. He was probably laughing at her in his mind and this was freaken embarrassing!

“You see Parker-“

“Yes,” he cut her off again, “I see us. I can see us with a bright beautiful future together. I can be a wonderful father to your children and we can have more babies if you liked. Will you spend the rest of your life with me and marr-“

“That won’t be necessary,” Grayson spoke from behind, getting tired at watching them going on. What kind of crap was four eyes trying to pull? Did Tiffany really fell for this kind of shit? To hell, he wasn’t going to stand by and allow another man to have Tiffany, no one!

Parker’s head turned to look at Grayson’s grim face.

“And who are you?”

“The father of her children!” Grayson announced with Reed beside him and both crosses their arms.

(Mr. Smith can really kiss...up next)

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
Hi Lynn
Thank you for the update. They're hot even after all these years ! Do like Grayson in white tee and jeans combo sounds basic but very hot. Reed is so unconditional with his love. Jealous and aggressive Grayson towards Parker I like plus his deputy, Reed.
Thanks very much Lynn I appreciate your update, key