Mayura

Khatiya

sarNie Adult
yes, i'm a little desapointed, lol. i bought ntry dubbed and now mayura has dubbed it! no matter, my mom doesn't like it, she said it's like the old with sam. i thought they can dub "sawan biang"

at least, we know they buy the boxset and not recording on tv like other dubbing Cies.

i'm still happy because they dubbed my "sromawl asoke" faster than this one.
Eventhough Mayura buys the boxset, it's not the official version from the Thai TV Channels. The person/companies who sells it also records it while it's airing directly from TV. So basically, it's the same in terms of quality on the image.

Also, I think it's faster for other dubbing company because they are base in Cambodia. Due to that proximity in location, they can obtain the copy faster and dub it like a day after airing and then sends it over to the US for final editing. Keep in mind too that the the demand for jobs and the pay rate for dubbers in Cambodia are not as high as those who works for Mayura so I figure, there will always be more dubbers there.

Mayura will still need to work a bit harder on catching up with the demand titles but I do understand that they only have 1 group and each week, they have to release 1 complete set which is around 20-30 episodes, unlike before where they separate them into like 2-3 different series for people to choose. But the good thing is that if you don't like this week release, you only have to wait 1 week ehehhehe :)

My brother says that people are bailing out from Mayura. They waited too long for their releases so as a result, they try other productions, like PDG (many of my brother customers prefer them). And then when Mayura FINALLY release their set, it's too late, cuz they have already watched it. Like anything, it's just a matter of time for one to get use to another company's voice.

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
Eventhough Mayura buys the boxset, it's not the official version from the Thai TV Channels. The person/companies who sells it also records it while it's airing directly from TV. So basically, it's the same in terms of quality on the image.

Also, I think it's faster for other dubbing company because they are base in Cambodia. Due to that proximity in location, they can obtain the copy faster and dub it like a day after airing and then sends it over to the US for final editing. Keep in mind too that the the demand for jobs and the pay rate for dubbers in Cambodia are not as high as those who works for Mayura so I figure, there will always be more dubbers there.

Mayura will still need to work a bit harder on catching up with the demand titles but I do understand that they only have 1 group and each week, they have to release 1 complete set which is around 20-30 episodes, unlike before where they separate them into like 2-3 different series for people to choose. But the good thing is that if you don't like this week release, you only have to wait 1 week ehehhehe :)

My brother says that people are bailing out from Mayura. They waited too long for their releases so as a result, they try other productions, like PDG (many of my brother customers prefer them). And then when Mayura FINALLY release their set, it's too late, cuz they have already watched it. Like anything, it's just a matter of time for one to get use to another company's voice.
i'm like other customers, i buy sm, pgd or ntry before and when mayura releases the one i like, i buy the mayura's box! i keep mayura and give the other dubbing to my sister who lives in Lille.

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed

Funny, my mom prefers PGD, but the lady at the video store say all her customers prefer Ntry...I stopped buying dubbed lakorns since Mayura stopped doing it...it's just now, they don't care about dubbing lakorns, they have more money than they need just from the past, so they feel they can be selective with what they dub, for whatever reason. They're dumb and make me mad...I only buy the dubbed lakorns for my mom, I prefer them in Thai...I watch them in Thai now anyways, with or without subs, so I don't worry about the dubbing company stuff. I just want Mayura to dub Sapai Look Toong, because it's really good and it would be ruined if it were to be dubbed by any other company. My mom bought Ruk Nee Hua Jai Rao Jong by Mayura, and I want her to have this one by Mayura too...we'll just have to wait a little longer. Oh yeah, the Mayura company is in Long Beach, CA...so I understand why they get stuff so late...

peaches

sarNie Elites
but in the past mayura were quick with their releases like it'll end in thai this week then the following week or so it's out. maybe they're just old and tried.

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed
but in the past mayura were quick with their releases like it'll end in thai this week then the following week or so it's out. maybe they're just old and tried.

The man that does the P'eks voice is getting pretty old, and his two wives doesn't help his health either...I don't think he'll be dubbing for long, either that or they'll get someone else to do it, but it just won't be the same.

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
i think we are lucky us khmers because hmong people for example have to wait longer than us to see dubbed lakorns in their language. yes, i complain about the wait but in reality, i'm glad they still work for us and do their best.
off topic but i have ordered "sromawl asoke" in angkorwat and one disc is scratched, i can't repair it and can't see one episode! i'm so sad. does anyone has the same problem with dvd buyed at angkorwat or am i the only one?

Sreymao

sarNie Adult
i think we are lucky us khmers because hmong people for example have to wait longer than us to see dubbed lakorns in their language. yes, i complain about the wait but in reality, i'm glad they still work for us and do their best.
off topic but i have ordered "sromawl asoke" in angkorwat and one disc is scratched, i can't repair it and can't see one episode! i'm so sad. does anyone has the same problem with dvd buyed at angkorwat or am i the only one?
U are not the only one it happen to me once I took it back to the store and show her she give me a new one.

Khatiya

sarNie Adult
^ Yeah with defective disc they should be able to send you a replacement. Cuz like eggs, sometime there's a crack one among the dozen. Depending on their return policy, they might ask you to return the defective disc for review or they might just send you a new copy.

Hopefully, it's the 2nd one since you are located overseas.

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
hélas, it's the first one and nobody has the mayura's version here :lmao: in france we only have sm :lmao:

peaches

sarNie Elites
i'm buying if mayura ever do release kom faek because ntry is annoying and nobody here seem to have blue dvd :arrg: i will try by best to ignore the background music for just once in 3 years -_-

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
i'm buying if mayura ever do release kom faek because ntry is annoying and nobody here seem to have blue dvd :arrg: i will try by best to ignore the background music for just once in 3 years -_-
yes i understand what you mean, their voices are really annoying. i can't find the blue dvd version too so i have the sm.