Mayura's main actor dubbed voice

khmerbaby

sarNie Egg
lol, its so funny reading everyone's post about Mayura. Maybe I'm biased to say that Mayura is my favourite because I know them all personally. But no, they're vocabulary and choices of words are best translated and the way they talk is very polite and soothing. As for the classic background music, I'm used to hearing it in the lakorns. It doesn't KILL me just because I don't get to hear the original music, it'll be playing later in the lakorn. If that's such a concern to a lot of you, perhaps I should let them know.

Really now, I know a lot of people are watching more of Ntry and srok khmer dubbing because Mayura is too slow at dubbing. Well if you want something with good dubbing, you have to be patient. Those companies dubb faster because they basically steal the lakorn while its airing on tv. I'm not sure if Ntry buys the lakorns from Thai people but Mayura does. I'm not wasting my money supporting those who don't take their time and efforts to dubb something. Gosh Ntry and srok khmer dubbing voices are just blah. Ntry, sometimes I can stand them. If I'm really eagered to watch something, I'll bare with the voices. But heck, the girl's voices are so high pitched and the guys are too weak.

Anyhow, if anyone wants to makes complaints and suggestios about the company, let me know and I'll talk to my uncle when I have the chance.

akinoyume

sarNie Hatchling
lol, its so funny reading everyone's post about Mayura. Maybe I'm biased to say that Mayura is my favourite because I know them all personally. But no, they're vocabulary and choices of words are best translated and the way they talk is very polite and soothing. As for the classic background music, I'm used to hearing it in the lakorns. It doesn't KILL me just because I don't get to hear the original music, it'll be playing later in the lakorn. If that's such a concern to a lot of you, perhaps I should let them know.

Really now, I know a lot of people are watching more of Ntry and srok khmer dubbing because Mayura is too slow at dubbing. Well if you want something with good dubbing, you have to be patient. Those companies dubb faster because they basically steal the lakorn while its airing on tv. I'm not sure if Ntry buys the lakorns from Thai people but Mayura does. I'm not wasting my money supporting those who don't take their time and efforts to dubb something. Gosh Ntry and srok khmer dubbing voices are just blah. Ntry, sometimes I can stand them. If I'm really eagered to watch something, I'll bare with the voices. But heck, the girl's voices are so high pitched and the guys are too weak.

Anyhow, if anyone wants to makes complaints and suggestios about the company, let me know and I'll talk to my uncle when I have the chance.
you know them? cool. i really love mayura's work, but there are a couple of things i wished they worked on. in some parts of the lakorn, they don't translate and all i hear is the orig. thai vocals. the music thing that you mentioned also bothers me, esp. that rainforest music. lol. some of their choices of music don't match the scene like they'll play a nature song during horror/suspenseful part. lol. other than that they're great! i like their accent and their pronounciation of words are comprehensible. their voices aren't annoying like other dubbing co., who have voice-overs that don't match the characters.
i don't mind that they dub lakorns later than other dubbing co. i'm pretty patient. they can take their time. =)

peaches

sarNie Elites

please tell your uncle to watch blue dvd so mayura can follow. no background music is a great thing.

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
i love mayura's voices, especially the n'ek voice, they were, and still are the best dubbing Cie. like i said before, we can complain about them but we still love their work and wait for their last release... for the background music, i don't care about it, really, for me it's a part of mayura.

Ana

sarNie Adult
Mayura BG music is annoying. I need music in the bg but original please :rolleyes: . Besides I think the p'ek voice is so weak :rolleyes: . He either needs to retire or get someone to replace him. Plus their DVD quality is not so clear either. I think Ntry and Blue DVD picture quality is so much better.

Be4 people say they know the Mayura people too and say they gonna tell them something but I see nothing change all these years. Anywayz, if u can tell them something. That'll be gr8. Well I quit on them long ago. I go for ntry. But I still buy Mayura if ntry or blue isn't available.

And even if they dub while it's airing that's ok..LOL..at least the picture quality is nice and clear and no parts cutting. Sorry, I BS :lol:

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
i like their dvd quality, for me, it's fine since they use dvd9. "the p'ek voice is weak"? ntry's pek voice is weak, it seems he's going to die soon (sorry i don't have an other comparation) and ntry's voices are soooo annoying :arrg: !!!

Ana

sarNie Adult
LOL!! That's how I feel with Mayura p'ek voice^

I dun feel for mayura anymore. Me and some other ..% of people..LOL>.

peaches

sarNie Elites
oh yeah the video quality for mayura sucks big time. like before i only watch mayura wouldn't know until ntry or other dubbing company came along. the channels logo tell it all. for example the logo for ch7, for mayura you don't get to see the 7 colors <_< bad qaulity indeed

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
dvd 4,3 go= 4 episodes (ntry, blue dvd...)
dvd 7,95 go= 6 episodes (Mayura)
same quality for me

edit: peaches what is "SK"? seak meas?

khmerbaby

sarNie Egg
Yeah I know them all personaly, especially the owner himself as he's my dad's bestfriend. LOL, rainforest music. I don't watch thai lakorns much anymore since I lost interest in them so I don't know clearly about what type of music they put in. I agree with you Sajenna. The background doesn't affect me too much although I'd rather perfer hearing the original. Maybe it's because I always like to watch everything in Thai first then watch the Khmer dubbed. For me, it's also part of mayura.

My uncle is aging and has a lot of health problems. If you don't like his voice, thats your opinion and that's why you have Ntry and the other companies. Aha, I'm rarely ever on khmer forums and for whoever those people are to claim that they know the Mayura people, I have no clue. He's super busy so we don't talk as much as before but from our last conversation, he was asking me about viewer's thoughts. I did mention about the missing parts to translations but he never told me why it was like that.

I do notice that quality for Mayura isn't really good compared to other but then again maybe I'm just used to it. About his voice being weak, I'd again have to agree with Sajenna that Ntry's P'ek is reallyy weak. It's too low and soft, not very strong and manly. But this is only my opinion so dont be hating :p

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
yeah, in some lakorns we can listen thai's voice instead of translation but all Cies have the same problem. in "neary plitch snaeh" for example, there some parts where there are nothing, no sound at all and it's really suck. i prefer listening the thai voice than nothing at all...

kink84

sarNie Egg
To Khmerbaby i love your uncles voice, in his prime and even now. I don't know what he looks like but it's sound sexy to me, maybe cuz i'm used to it.....

My mom will watch any type of lakorn lately she watch one by ntry and said,"did they pick these dubbers out of the street and tell them to dub?" She's not happy with the deliverance of the voice, she should know she use to be a khmer stage performer in Cambodia. I agree with her too. Especially the N'ek voice, doesnt seem natural; like she's trying so hard to be polite and too feminine so it comes out unnatural.......

smileD

sarNie Hatchling
There are just two complaints about Mayura that I have. One is the background music and the second is the picuture quality, which others mentioned as well.

soryda

sarNie Egg

Hello everyone! Mayura is my all time best dubbing thai lakhon, i'd like to buy the series in the year 80-90, anyone know where i can find that? Thanks in advance