[MBC] Cunning Single Lady

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Yes, I absolutely adore JW and AR. They are adorable together. I really liked their bed scene, very intimate. Hehe. Did you catch the part JW went "I wanted to take your clothes off, but you did it yourself," when AR asked him if he took off her clothes? Haha. I felt giddy when I read that part. JW has been lonely for 3 years he just needs some...some love'n. For reals though, he did take her clothes off, right, and he just pretended he didn't? HAHA. Because how in the world can a dead drunk lady perfectly change to such pj's?? It must've been Mr. Sly. AND OMG and that almost kiss! I really want to know why they had to cut off that scene and why they didn't show us what happened. I really hope they give us some light on that part in the finale tomorrow. I'll be oh so mad if they don't. :gungirl:

You know what, this I-can't-do-too-deep-kisses-because-I'm-a-married-woman thing has got to stop. If you're in this profession it's unavoidable. If LBH can't take it, why'd he marry an actress...? If she doesn't want to do it, why be an actress? Hate to compare, but Jung Ji Hyun did it with Kim Soo Hyun. Ugh. Are my emotions taking over me?? Sigh...alright I'm just disappointed that's all. The fangirl inside of me is making me crazy! Sorry LMJ and LBH if I was being harsh, it wasn't me, I swear, it's my other half that lives on Drama Island, USA. :ghehe:

fun

Expired Sarnie
I just finish rewatching episode 15 since the first time I watched it, the Eng sub was only at 60%.

I think I am too much in love with JW that I will have a major withdrawal once tomorrow episode finish airing. I hope that KBS is trolling us and have it end at episode 17. I need one full episode of JW having severe plastic flower. He has having a high case of plastic flower, I just loved how he says okay to AR every command. AR is one lucky woman, she has him wrapped around her finger real tight.

And yes he is sly and cunning. The title should be changed to Mr. Nerd is Sly and Cunning. 

You know what I absolutely love about this drama, JW never wavered. He refuse marriage into the crazy Guk's family and he rather lose DonTalk for AR. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
This is one of the best kdrama this year despite its poor editing in the beginning and middle. The end was near perfection. I actually wanted to see JW and AR with a child driving them crazy. I want to give a longer review but I think I will save that for later. Making a final review will make it as if it is really the end. I didn't want it to end at all. 

I love the flashback when JW and AR first met. They have not changed at all. They just now have a better understanding of each other. This is truly a romcom at its best. It didn't go melo and kept the funny. 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
FINISHED!!!!

Cover your ears ladies. *SQUEEL* Totally, I mean TOTALLY in LOVE with this drama :ghehe: . I can't believe I skipped so much at the beginning. I really feel like re-watching this drama. Heck I think I'm going to BUY this drama when it's released. It's too adorable! It's one of the best romcoms I've seen, in terms of sticking to the comedy portion. Majority, maybe ALL, of the supposed romantic COMEDIES I've seen start of off really funny and then turn super melo towards the end. EC could've been up there with CSL, but it got too melo at one point, plus too many graphic medical scenes HAHA.  

I agree with you fun; it was poorly edited and they included unnecessary drama, but Ae Rah and Jung Woo's love and chemistry made up for it. There were some things that I really wanted the writers to elaborate and touch more upon, but oh well. Despite its flaws I actually think the writers did a very good job at convincing us that AR and JW used to be a couple, it was very well-written, as oppose to the rest of the drama haha. Plus, Min Jung and Sang Wook did superb at portraying that love. 

I LOVE sassy AR. She was sassy when she first met JW and she stayed sassy until the end. Same goes to JW, was a dork, still a dork. HEHE. I like that their personalities stayed consistent throughout. Their transformation wasn't about changing their attitudes or accepting eachother's flaws, but understanding eachother's burdens. He worked too hard that he didn't see how she suffered at home; she suffered so much that she didn't realize he was also having it hard. In the end they both came into terms with one another's hardship. 

AND OMG that KISS! It started off kind of awkward, but once they got into motion it was....IN MOTION. HAHA. Wish we had something like that in EC. Ah, enough of the comparisons! Haha. Anyway, final comments. I really enjoyed this drama; it was light and romantic and quite funny. I just wish it was longer and had more depth. Um...what else? I like the bright contrast ALTHOUGH, I wish they didn't give everyone bright pink/orange lipstick. I think Sang Wook was the only one who had natural makeup, everyone else was just...you guys get it. Haha.

I'm going to watch a Sang Wook drama. Maybe I'll try Thorn Birds? Funny, first it was Jin Hyuk's dramas, now it's Sang Wook. I don't know when I'll be able to catch up on YLC!!!!??? HAHAHA. 

Final comment: LOVE LOVE Cunning, Single Lady (aka Mr. Nerd Is Sly and Single)!   :lolyup:  :lol2:  

fun

Expired Sarnie
YLC I am doing a speed watch with the power of the FF button. After watching Goodbye My Dear Wife, Emergency Couple, and Cunning Single Lady, YLC is just mediocre lol I think mediocre is too "raeng mak" of a word. YLC follows the same premise, old flames returning, just that in YLC, pranangs were not married prior the separation. Khem's revenge and hurt is just beyond me. I know a lot of members here are comparing Khem to Kawee which makes me scratch my head a bit, the more appropriate person to be compared to is Koravic. Koravic in Jai Rao had more reason to feel hurt and betrayed. And even if he is being compared to Kawee, Kawee came with more emotional baggage and he is a lot more complex in character. 

I hope Sang Wook's next project will also be a romcom, maybe with a heavier plot. I think that suits him really well. I think I have to defend CSL for not going into too much depth (the miscarriage, although they did drag it out a bit). That would have taken the melo route. 

I am not even mad anymore at SH and YJ. Why can't more male lead be like JW were they firmly say no to the insane woman! You know what, JW reminds me of Poom Rattanabodin from Ka Neung Ha. Why? JW and Poom Rattanabodin fought for their girl!!! 

I think if I was to make a list of why I love JW and AR, it would be quite long. I just love it that JW gives his shoulder for AR to abuse. It's just too cute for words. He is so SLY!!! The part where they were camping outside. He was so slick to pretend to be sleeping and when AR came to his side, he swiftly brings her to his arm have her sleep next to him! Smart boy! 

And I was right, JW had to lose DonTalk to be with AR. Well it makes sense since DonTalk is a real app and company. I guess they wanted to keep the reality of it. But I am so glad he was able to stand up again. 

Ah there is just so much little things and details that I loved. 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Haha. I really need to catch up with YLC though.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind if SW took on another romcom. I'll totally look forward it. He's just too darn cute.

That tent scene would've been so much better if they spent more time on it! Haha. It was like a split second and then bam next scene. What's up with directors and their cuts...?

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
Ditto on everything all of you said. Loved the ending. Loved the couple. Loved the drama, period.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I'm having a severe withdrawal. My sister tells me to stop texting and flooding her FB. 

So it was made clear AR didn't marry JW because her mother. I love how they did that at the end. We get it clear that it was attraction at first site. While both on their way to the AR family restaurant, they both were talking to someone on the phone. AR turned down blind dates and wanted to look for someone special to give a fried egg to. And magically she gave JW a fried egg!!! JW told his dad he will be bringing in a pretty girlfriend and magically he found AR LOL 

Did anyone catch AR and JW trying to name their kid after their real name. Min Jung and Sang Wook LOL the drama was really hinting the gender of the baby. It's definitely a girl, Ah Jeong. 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Speaking of directors and there sudden cuts, they didn't shed any light on that almost kiss from episode 15!! I totally forgot! Urgh, now I'm mad. I'm totally going ninja on them.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
fun said:
I'm having a severe withdrawal. My sister tells me to stop texting and flooding her FB. 

So it was made clear AR didn't marry JW because her mother. I love how they did that at the end. We get it clear that it was attraction at first site. While both on their way to the AR family restaurant, they both were talking to someone on the phone. AR turned down blind dates and wanted to look for someone special to give a fried egg to. And magically she gave JW a fried egg!!! JW told his dad he will be bringing in a pretty girlfriend and magically he found AR LOL 

Did anyone catch AR and JW trying to name their kid after their real name. Min Jung and Sang Wook LOL the drama was really hinting the gender of the baby. It's definitely a girl, Ah Jeong. 
Me too. I'm rewatching certain cuts. I don't want to rewatch everything now, I'll wait until I get my hands on the DVD and rewatch it then. Hehe.

Yeah, I thought that was funny. It's funny how she kept on insisting what if the baby turned out be a boy. Haha.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Seems like JW really wanted a girl. All his names he came up with were girl's names. So I am assuming the drama gods are on his side. I could imagine him showering his love for his daughter and extremely over protective. Or we can imagine them having twins, one girl and one boy lol since it seems as if AR wanted a boy.

JW is so naughty naughty. I guess it's nerds who gets extremely horny!!! HAHAHA When they were working in the office, AR kept stealing glances at JW. He says to her, he will "play" with her later so stop staring haha. And the ending where they were on their swing set, he wanted to go inside and do it HAHA The writers sure gave us a lot of fan service even though there was like 3 kiss scenes only. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
I hope they have the director's cut version out. But they usually cost around $150 at YesAsia for the special edition. 

queenyeon

sarNie Adult
Oh goodieee!! I can't believe this is already over!! I'm so gonna miss JW, cutest male lead ever 
I liked the ending, it honestly didn't feel draggy or anything, since the sibling had lesser screen time it felt just good and right. The proposal scene was way too precious tbh awkward and clumsy JW is just too adorable ; A ;   

ot but i just realized how pretty LMJ is while watching this (i mean i first watched her in BOF and then smile you but never noticed lol) 

fun

Expired Sarnie
Queenyeon, I spent a good 2 minutes looking at your siggy and it just came across my mind that Yadech will be the perfect pair as the Thai version to JW and AR LOL 

I loved LMJ in Smile, You. One of my top 20 kdrama.

Ah I don't want to unpin this drama. Will keep it up for another week lol and hopefully grab some other AF members to watch it. 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Haha. Fun, people can interpret it the clean way, but we dirty-minded peeps will always think of something else. Haha

fun said:
I hope they have the director's cut version out. But they usually cost around $150 at YesAsia for the special edition. 
Oh my Lord. That's alot.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I bought Winter Sonata the director's cut for $200 back in 2002-3. That is equivalent to almost $300 now. I will probably just wait for the regular box and play the waiting game until it hits $70-80.

You Who Came from the Star special addition is almost $200.

It is evident that JW ahem .... I don't know how he got through 3 years without it. Haha reminds me of the photoshoot of Superman JW and Marilyn Ae Ra where ahem he got a ahem just by seeing her in cosplay. 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
That's tooo expensive for me. Haha.

I need to go rewatch that scene! Haha. Remind myself what happened.

Btw, watching Thorn Birds right now, and I'm always reminded of EC. Haha. The main villian for that drama played Chang Min's uncle and Jin Jee's mom is also in there. The song He's Leaving is part of the ost for that drama. Haha.

queenyeon

sarNie Adult
fun said:
Queenyeon, I spent a good 2 minutes looking at your siggy and it just came across my mind that Yadech will be the perfect pair as the Thai version to JW and AR LOL 

I loved LMJ in Smile, You. One of my top 20 kdrama.

Ah I don't want to unpin this drama. Will keep it up for another week lol and hopefully grab some other AF members to watch it. 

Why didn't i ever think of that lol Nadech would make a good young version of JW!! haha 

Smile You was awesome! One of the best family kdramas i've seen so far. 
i didn't even check what is airing after this, my weeks were full of laughter because of it, i need a drama as fun as this one *sigh

Fun your gifs siggy are so squeal worthy, i loved that sneaky wink he gave her  xD and his reaction at her little smile lol 

Reactions: fun

fun

Expired Sarnie
I miss CSL too. All the drama that I am now watching are depressing lol except for Kuan Kaan Tong Gub Gang Por Pla Lai but that I just barely finish the first episode and I keep getting sidetrack.