[MBC] Hotel King

fun

Expired Sarnie
Haha the next batch of drama are also melodrama. When it is Spring in Korea, you would at least expect a bunch of fluffy and springy dramas, but nope. They just don't want people to be happy.

Excited for tomorrow! =)

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
I couldn't help it......I squealed so ugly that my sister had to stop typing her essay to look over my way to ask "what happened?" Lol Who else is falling in love with Cha Jae Wan? Everytime I look at him, I feel like there is always a rainy cloud over his head and he's in agony. The scene where Ah Mo Ne pat his wounded hand and said "It's Okay..." while blowing on it, nearly broke me down. That's what Jae Wan really needs; someone to tell him that everything is okay. He's able to tell others it's okay but he forgets to tell himself that everything is okay and will be okay. . He has so much responsibilities and worries on his shoulders, he doesn't even know how to smile. My goodness tho...LDW's face was the color of a naked chicken during the scene when Selong was blowing the harmonica. Yikes...what happened to the power of BB cream?? So far Cha Jae Wan had the most face expression in ep7. Lol He actually smiled when the little guest/Ah MoNe made him into a human horse and when his Gundam action figure fell haha That scene did make me miss seeing LDW in a more mellow role. Haahah he's so funny for putting his action figures up high so the guest won't be able to touch it haah Cha Jae Wan loves his precious toys hehe can't wait to watch tomorrow's episode. Loving how he is getting comfortable with MoNe.

queenyeon

sarNie Adult
I think ep 07 was my favorite ep so far! Jae Wan and Mo Ne scenes with the little kid were so endearing! we finally perceive some character growth on JW, YEEES!! 
and as always the last scene was so so so so touching, idk why they always do that to my heart ;_; Mo Ne & JW are forging slowly a strong bond! I don't mind much at how he sees her for now i just
like how Mo Ne is one of the few, if not the only one who can get through him. Their interactions are all so precious 

Ok the mystery is on track, i'm so confused now lol Minyeo is quite suspicious and can actually be a bit scary

(btw less and less Woohyun scenes, yay ....for now that is) 

so excited for ep 08 subs to be out tomorrow  :dance2:

Reactions: fun

fun

Expired Sarnie
I watched episode 7 three times. Once without sub, second semi sub and third fully sub. I replayed when Mo Ne broke his action figure toy. Jae Wan's facial expression was just priceless. But irks me is that he still thinks she is his sister!!! The ending scene to episode 7 was so uncomfortable to watch. Mo Ne position was just lol awkward. I think my mind is in the gutter at the time too. OMG! 

I am currently watching episode 8. I find it sweet and hilarious that JW gave up his toy but had it to be the broken one LOL 

This drama is driving me up the wall. In a good way. Why do we have to wait another week!!! I wish they were like the Thais where they air Fri-Sun. I will be back for more to say.

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
Ahahaha Fun your comment about him giving up the broken toy made me lol !!! I didn't even think of it that way heehe We're getting to see JW's protective side over MoNe. Ouweee eheh Sorries I just have to complain about LDW's uneven yellow skin tone. Whyyy? Whyyy? He looks so ill !!! Now since MoNe gave her word that she trusts JW, he sacrifices himself to help protect her from Joong Goo. Huhuhu brotherly love ?

fun

Expired Sarnie
To answer your question, Phatman, it did improve A LOT. It feels suffocating now that there are more culprits involve and you still don't know who the master mind is. 

A lot of work was put into writing this drama. Someone from Soompi pointed out in episode 7 when the little boy who was a guest there was watching the Lion King 2, they linked it with the drama itself. Simba's daughter Kiara is Ah Mo Ne and Scar's loyal follower Zira's son Kovu is Cha Jae Wan. Zira is female lion version of the male President Lee. Interesting enough I think it is also related to the first part of Lion King as well. In this case Ah Mo Ne is Simba. Her father (Chairman Ah) is King Mufasa. King Mufasa is killed by his brother, Scar (President Lee). Deja vu is that King Mufasa and Chairman Ah both died falling off either a cliff or building. And even title --> Lion King/Hotel King.

Cha Jae Wan is written with so much layers and complexity that in each episode, it is being revealed slowly. 

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
I caught up but didn't sign in and now that I signed in, I am behind. So it got better? I will watch...maybe this weekend. I just find it odd that Mo Ne started out strong but is so weak. I understand Jae Wan's stupidity from being brainwashed. I am going to say Mo Ne isn't as smart as she wants to be because she's grieving and when people grieve, they don't think.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I think for Mo Ne, reality has really sunk in. She's scared now. I don't think I can live having trust issue and no one to trust. I wish she could have at least one friend. You know in all Kdrama the female lead has a BFF... in here, Mo Ne has none. But I am still frustrated as that is not enough to have her character change so drastically. I want the strong and sassy Ah Mo Ne back too.

queenyeon

sarNie Adult
I really miss crazy and sassy Mo Ne and want her back, but too much creepiness and danger around her so I doubt we will see a comeback anytime soon

really hoping Jae Wan won't be the puppet Joong Goo again *sigh*  I wish he'd let that old man suicide instead lol 

Weekend come faster please!

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
Uh oh, someone just caught feelings ! I, too miss the old Mo Ne. Just knowing the fact that there is 32ep, I feel like her character went downhill real fast from the beginning until now. Hopefully her weak character right now doesn't drag until ep20!? We didn't get to see much of her strong side/strengths yet. I wonder how her character will pick up during the next new episodes since she's pretty much lost atm and don't know who to trust except Cha Jae Wan. Ahh come on now JW, tell her that ya are sibs before she's going to hate you even more since now she already proclaimed her love to ya and to the media. That definitely put JW in an awkward situation since he thinks they're blood sibs. Ah Mo Ne is falling for ya so better speak up because I got the tinkles watching the cliffhanger of ep9. Hrmm so both the chairman and JW are allergic to clam and MN is not. This makes me really question if MN is the chairman's real daughter. Questions questions questions. Manager Baek's motives are also questionable ! We all know she's the one who released that clip for Joong Goo to hear of I believe was the chairman and him talking before he pushed the chairman down the window. M. Baek is perhaps giving JG a warning to not mess with MoNe/Ciel before he gets exposed?? Plus how is MoNe going to say she wants to protect JW when she's unable to protect herself? This girl knows how to waver JW's mind/heart & soul though. Can't wait until ep10!!! Arghh can't believe Chae Kyung will get a kiss from JW T_T I hate watching dramas where the leading guy kisses the second girl. That just doesn't feel right to me........

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
Why is that I always feel suffocated when I see Ah Mo Ne and Cha Jae Wan together? At this point, his feelings towards her has become dangerous. He thinks they both are sibs, yet he can't stop himself from loving her. He even thought back when JG showed him the results that he is really Chairman Ah's son making us see that he knows it's impossible to love and start something with MN. At the beginning of ep10 when JW told MN to die made my jaw drop. Whaaat? How could you!? Even I wanted to cry after hearing that word T_T He could've at least said "I don't ever want to see your face again" or never say "I love you" to me ever again but he told her to "DIE." Wow! Who wouldn't want to cry a river after hearing that critical word especially from someone you love. Ouch! I'm glad Jayden stood his ground and is no longer the doll of Joong Goo. JG's weakness is his daughter so JW needs to plan something quick and threat JG again with his beloved. I hate JG's guts! He didn't have the ability to take over Ciel so he used a dirty trick to kill off his so-called good friend Chairman Ah. Let's see how this war between JW and JG will end since now the secret is out. Well, one secret that is. It's good to know that Chae Kyung is not stupid enough to understand that JW doesn't have any kind of love towards her even after he planted that kiss on her lips. At least she's not one of those delusional exes from other dramas; let's hope she stays that way or not since there "are" 32 episodes lol We could use some more love triangle drama and jealousy fiasco to break our hearts with all the mystery that's going on. My gah oh gah, isn't LDW one gorgeous man !!! Whoaaa ! I was breathless when MN opened her front door too a hair undone, suit-less, laid back dressed Jae Wan. Damn he looked fine heehe Love the scenes they had together as a teacher and student. Lol During the scene where MN kept pointing the laser pen at JW's face made me squeal especially when he used the business handbook to cover his face. LDW looked as if he wanted to burst out laughing from LDH's comical self haha gosh don't cha just love the chemistry between these two! It's sizzling ^_____^ Manager Baek man.....She is one to keep a close eye on. One minute she's on your side, the next she's basically telling you to watch your back. Who else agrees that Ray Kim looks like Dom Haetrakul and a very much older version of Jeremy Lin? Lol MoNe did a superb job using her power as the chairwoman to stop RK from wrecking Ciel and props to Ciel's annoying employees for joining forces to knock this bully off his feet.

Don't wanna ruin much for ya so I'll stop here. I can start breathing easily when I watch ep11 next week....hopefully ^___^ Fighting Hotel King !

And btw. I forgot to mention, JW and MN crying scene, absolutely flawless. K, Bye.

queenyeon

sarNie Adult
This week's episodes were so so intense!!! 
i'm trying to avoid long comments because SPOILERS, the episode 09 left me completely speechless!!!!! WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS TO US WHY WHY WHY 
i knew they were gonna leave us hanging with the sibling issue for a long time, i bet at least till the half of the drama, but i was still hoping i was wrong.
It feels so wrong, yet i can't help but feel bad for both of them (JW looks actually super confused with his feelings)
From what I saw on the teaser of ep 10 JW gonna use the double-faced ex to make Mo Ne get over him or something.....but I don't want that. God d-mn it, someone make them have a DNA Test already ;_; 

off to watch episode 10 now!

fun

Expired Sarnie
As you can see, I usually make a comment right away after I finish an episode but last week episode, 9&10 was just too much for my aching heart especially episode 9 with episode 9&10 of Angel Eyes. My recent weekend drama has been nerve wrecking to watch but luckily I was saved by a double dosage of 2ne1 on Roommate and Running Man. I thought I was going to literally die at the beginning of episode 10 but finally able to breath at the very last minute of episode 10. YAH!!! Finally the truth is out!!! He can freely love/kiss Ah Mo Ne!!! I just sort of wish he found out before she confessed. We already know that he was struggling with his feelings. I have never felt so pitiful for a male lead other than Kawee, Cha Jae Wan made it to the list. I want to give him a super big hug. 

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Such relief. I have no idea if I would be able to handle any more of Jae Wan not knowing that he really isn't her brother. That would've made me so upset. Finally, I can move on. And so can he.

Such great acting for Jong Wook. OMG, the emotions he went through. He knew he couldn't love his sister but in the end, he couldn't stop himself. He was willing to become "trash" as he stated earlier when he kissed the other girl. So happy for him now that he can love her freely without worries about being blood related. First incest line that I've seen in a K-drama.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Korean really loves their incest drama regardless if it is fake or real LOL

90 Days to Love, the leads were first cousin. 
WInter Sonata, fake sibling. The guy's mother lied that they were siblings.
That Winter the Wind Blew, he knew he was not his sis but she didnt know.
My Girl, they both know they are not related but everyone else believes so.
Autumn Tale, they grew up as brother sister.
Tree of Heaven
Man of Honor
Ireland
One Fine Day
Damo

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
I forgot that there's always a thread for a Kdrama here on AF. lol Anyways, I've been watching this drama too. It's pretty good. I don't have anyone to talk to about this drama, so I've been recommending it to my sisters but they're so slow at watching it. I'm like, "Watch it! When I recommend a Kdrama, it means that it's a good one," since I rarely watch Korean dramas. lol My older sister is finally watching it. Now I don't have to sound stupid when I complain or fangirl to her about the drama cause now she knows what I'm talking about. 555
I like the drama so far. It's frustrating a times- no most of the time because of the suspense. I like the mysterious-ness of it. It makes me excited. lol You start to believe one person and then get confuse the of their actions the next time makes it all the more frustrating. lol 
So I got so lost when Mo Ne & Cha Jae Won started talking about LOVE in what was it...ep.9, or was it 10? Well, one of those episodes. lol I'm like, "Love? When did this happen?!" It happened so fast I couldn't catch up with it. Haha But whatever. I'm just glad that Jae Won knows the truth now. Hopefully he believes in the second report he found. :D
I'm actually liking Lee Da Hae for once. Haha I'm totally shipping these two hard on and offscreen. They are so cute offscreen. Dong Wook has not age at all. Okay, maybe he has but just a little. He's still handsome as ever. :D I like Da Hae's character in here. She's hilariously dumb, but not dumb. She's smart and strong, which I like that about her. I'm excited for the next episodes! :D
I guess these two will never escape the "incest" storyline. I mean, in My Girl they knew they weren't real siblings because they lied but still. They had to fake being siblings! Pretty funny though. :D

fun

Expired Sarnie
My sister, cousins and aunties are so into Angel Eyes (I am too) but I have been trying to make them watch Hotel King as well. My sister did not like it and stopped at 3. I told her it doesn't really start until episode 7 LOL 

I am shipping both Bodong (Park Bom and Lee Dong Wook) and the Lee couple (Lee Da Hae and Lee Dong Wook) as of right now. 

Right on about the you think that person is on Mo Ne's side and then BAM they do something that completely throws you off. Manager Baek is killing me. I don't even know who to believe any more. I like the fact that she keeps telling Mo Ne to not trust anyone and that includes her as well. Poor Mo Ne, I would be dumbfounded as to who to trust and not to trust. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
I'm checking to make sure I am still alive LOL I couldn't contain the fluffiness that has over taken my body and soul. I nearly die when Mo Ne was trying to act prim and proper. And he admits that he loves her!!! OMG He will be protecting her and had ask Chairman Ah to not forgive him. It's okay Jae Wan, you didn't know. We all forgive you!!! Just love and protect MN and we are all happy!!!

Okay getting ready to go back and finish up episode 11.