[MBC] Hotel King

fun

Expired Sarnie
smilez let's hope that they will give us a break. 

I just get headache. The drama is actually dragging and lagging but I guess the confusing plot works because I am still in the game by waiting weekly for it. To be honest, the drama isn't great but I am dying to know how this will end.

fun

Expired Sarnie
fun said:
There's a small possibility that VP doesn't know that JW is his son. I am just saying it is a possibility. What I want to know now is who is Jae Wan's mother? I think she could have lied to VP that her child is Chairman Ah and handed him a fake DNA test. Chairman's butler seems to know Jae Wan's mother.

So it seems like VCL (Vice Chairman Lee Joong Gong) was led to believe by Baek Mi Yeon that Jae Wan is not his son. VCL is a pig, it seemed like he raped Baek Mi Yeon considering the flash back when he we went to see her and saw the baby. She said she would never give birth to his child... so I am assuming he raped her. It was confirmed that VCL was unaware of it when Jae Wan called him dad. 

What a breakthrough episode, but now I am going to have to endure another 16 episode to reach a happy ending. I especially loved the part where Jae Wan helped Mo Ne get rid of her fear of birds. She got over it and then tells him it is his turn to free himself away from VCL. I think I cried.

I sort of had a feeling that Manager Baek was Baek Mi Yeon earlier. Even the writer had hinted it all along with the surname Baek. So now back to the assuming game. Baek Mi Yeon told VCL that the child is CA (Chairman Ah), VCL stole BMY's child and adopted him. Now what is left to explain is... what did CA do to BMY. I am sure she had something to do with his death along with VCL... they may have not worked together but I just have a gut feeling that there's more to the story. Oh they need to explain how Manager Baek adopted RL (Roman Lee) and how Roman Lee and Jae Wan somehow have the same tattoo when they haven't met since they departed at a young age. The writer still have a lot of explaining to do. Now I can't wait for the next secret to be exposed, Jae Wan being Manager Baek real son!!! OMG!!!

FYI I watched this when 34% completed English sub on Viki. 

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
I was so curious I read your first paragraph fun ahhhh Omeegah ! I'll have to continue with the rest of your essay after I watch ep16. Didn't get the chance to watch it yet T_T

fun

Expired Sarnie
Finally got to watch episode 16 fully subbed.

WOW. 

Now my heart aches even more for Jae Wan. Now gotta see his birth mom torture/brings him down. I already went through enough emotion damage with his biological father. I wonder if Chairman Ah is a bad man. Gosh... I just feel so down.

TubbyTinker

You're Average Person :)
Hueyyyyyyy dudettes! Did not know this thread existed loool. I am watching this drama too since im back to my korean phase now but cant write much since im on my phone & battery is super low so will be bck tmr on my thoughts keke

fun

Expired Sarnie
Please do share your thoughts and opinions. It has been lonely. I have been on the rise with kdramas lately. 

TubbyTinker

You're Average Person :)
okay.....here are my thoughts. first of all, I was so stoked to hear that LDW & LDH were pairing up again bc like most of us, I loved them since My Girl but wow I was shocked to see how Daehae looks like now. I mean, I never watched her previous drama besides My Girl and damn she looks different. But eventhough she had ps, I still think she looks gorgeous hehe and I got used to her face as the drama progressed. as of Dongwook, I always love the guy and he ages so gracefully hahaha. 30 and still looking sexy and omg his body *drool* hahahah

okay now my thoughts on thsi drama, it got so many twists that i almost went crazy bc you would suspect this chracter and next thing you know, another chracter pops in. and then the cliff hangers at the end of each episode. but wth are they seriously gonna have 32 episodes? O-o well i mean its not alot compared to Taiwanese drama where some would have like 60 or 80 lol. Its no wonder sometimes I feel like the story was moving along pretty slow. Ah MoNe character, I love her chracter, although she shows or tries to show ppl shes a strong girl but shes actually helpless at times lol. I like the lead relationship development. its funny how shes all over him while he keeps to himself I knew or already suspected that Chaewan was VP real son during those epiosdes where Chaewan thought Mone was his sister and thank goodness they're not siblings bc I think I would stop watching lol. I like myself a happy ending you know, you know lol. The only complaint I have is sometimes they be showing some unecessary scenes like with the maids like who cares about them, I always ff their scenes

After 16 episodes so far, I still want to know more about Baek story like what happened to her and why does she think her real son, Chaewan died. and what happened between her, Chairman Ah, and VP during their younger years bc she had a flashback of her and the chairman where he turned her in.. it seemed like he was mad at her about something. And then theres Roman Lee, and I cant believe that was Jayden/Chaewan childhood friend after I saw his wings tattoo while he was showering. And I dont think it will be the end of VP, I feel like he's gonna come back into the picture lol since we have walf way to go before teh finale. I just want more lead scenes, sweet ones to make up for those heartbreaking scenes we had to endure watching hahaha

Reactions: fun

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
Sighs fun, I just finished watching ep17. I didn't have much thoughts on ep16 so I had no review on it....bleh As for ep17, the only time I let out a laughter was when Mn kicked Woo Hyun on his leg lol mannn I don't like Manager Baek one bit and now I'm barely starting on ep18. Goodness....btw. Rather then enjoying the past few episodes, I'm getting more angry as I am watching this....argh And the actor who plays Roman Lee irks me. He doesn't fit the character!? Or more like his acting is what I don't like.

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
Ep. 19 was flat to me. The ending got me choking tho! Ahhh the scene of lil Jayden and Roman hit a sensitive spot :/ I'm glad Roman saw JW's tattooed wings because now it'll make him start questioning about who JW really is

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
Haven't seen episodes 16-19 yet but I got spoiled by my sister already. lol It's been kind of dragging for me in some sense but it is getting more interesting now that Roman saw Jae Wan's tattoo! I was hoping that CJW saw RL's tattoo too but it's best for him to know later, I guess? lol Mo Ne is starting to piss me off from what I heard and seen a bit of but I do pity her in some ways too. Haha But Director Baek. Oh gosh. She's a pain in the arse as of now. 

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
Yesss very true Rose. HK is dragging now........I'm getting frustrated with where the storyline is heading. 25 episodes should be enough to conclude everything since we know who the culprit is. Roman also got confirmation that Jayden is still alive so now we have to wait until JW finds out that Roman is his little brother. Manager Baek should be punished for the sins she has and been committing before and after her form now. She's out to get revenge on both Chairman Ah and JG and succeeded with C. Ah. And now she's slowing killing JG! But then didn't she bring it upon herself to be in the position she's at right now? Did she sleep with JG or was she raped by him!? I don't think they made that clear yet or do we have to assume that she was raped by him? Since JG loved her even when she was with Chairman Ah, I'm wondering if they both joined forces to take over Ciel when it just became big then got caught by C. Ah!?. She even stole money from his company tho right!? Nonsense. My thoughts are over the place lol it's almost 3am ahhh goodnight haha

queenyeon

sarNie Adult
Maaaaan, i marathon-ned eps 12-19 yesterday and WTEF Baek Miyeon is so so smart and scary!! ( i swear Jayden has the worst & scariest parents ever)
That was such a twist! Long is gone Lee Joongku lol  
I really am loving Loman but geez he is also such a puppet for his revengeful mommy
I wish Loman called out Jaewan's real name, it would have proved that it IS really him  :cry:

Question, WHERE IS THE ROMANCE :rant:  i know they are occupied by all the revenge drama that is going on but i need more screen time for my beautiful otp seriously. that is why i started watching it in the first place!  

fun

Expired Sarnie
I don't know if this is a really good drama or a really bad drama. Like I am fed up with it, but I can't seem to drop it. 

I am very confused. Baek Mi Nyeo during the car accident said all she can do for her dead child is to take both her and Lee Joong Goo to hell. But Roman says to Baek Mi Nyeo that if his "hyung" didn't die, she would have never adopted him. If she knew that her son is already dead, why go look for him? This is just sooooooo confusinggggg!!! The writer is on crack!!! 

I am so glad that RL found out that JW is his "hyung" Jayden. It is nice to see him be conflicted. I just want to tell RL to not be so harsh on my poor baby. Again the writer screwed up. JW thinks RL is dead, but in the earlier episode LGJ said to little JW that his dongsaeng will be placed in an orphanage and he shouldn't worry or bring trouble because he was the one to kill the white guy. 

Okay I don't know what I am ranting about. This drama is giving me severe headache!!!

fun

Expired Sarnie
Damn that preview got me so good. I thought LGJ will at least have a heart after finding out that JW is his biological son but he still treats JW like a slave. How dare he hurt my poor baby!!! The writer is pissing me off with all these unnecessary many twists. It is getting repetitive and annoying!!! 

I hate MN in this episode, it has been 21 episode and she has yet to grow a spine and mature up. She is too impulsive, she doesn't deserve to the position as Chairperson. Great now RL knows that are in the closet. Ugh I want to slap her so bad!!! And I am going crazy because the last 10 minutes has not been subbed!!!

I must be insane to still be riding on this sinking ship!!!

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
^phatman that guy is handsome ^^ he looks like a vampire too haha

@fun; Ughhh forreals. 21ep and she's still a weakling....too much traitors up in that hotel.

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
Oh dear, I'm ready for another secret to unveil next weekend. I pity both JW and MN...sighs. I'm happier now knowing they both are coming to an understating and that MN is finally giving JW another chance. Gosh sorry to complain again.....Damn the guy playing Roman's character irritates me. Maybe man who is playing John Howard should've been casted as Roman instead. Lol