MN pageant

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
What really happened? Did anyone go? :mellow:

If u're not sure of what I'm talking about, go to www.hmongtoday.com
It's the headlines this week

maiv

sarNie Hatchling
i've never gone to the pageants before, but after reading the article, i'm kind of shocked :shock: . i don't know if NaLee did anything wrong, but it does seem like Lao Family did show her a lot of disrespect by replacing her with the previous Miss Hmong without telling her why. Also, i feel that the 2004 Miss Hmong should have wondered and questioned why she was there, instead of just blindly following the direction of LF.
my thought after reading the article -_- , but as angelxmdawb says...what really happened? ^_^

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
Well, I heard that NaLee refused to give the crown to the new Miss Pageant 2006 because of what happened as mentioned in the article. She wants to let the public how the Lao Family people really do their work. Good for her. She was suppose to hand the crown to the new selected Miss Hmong. Anyway, no one dare to go get the crown from NaLee, so they made the new Miss Hmong go get it herself from NaLee. That's what I heard. I also heard that two pageants left during the show because they believed the judges were unfair. They just walked out. And there were only 7 or something girls competing for the crown this year. Sucks!

Mae

sarNie Adult
Hey, isn't this Nalee Xiong, a member in here's sister? I swear she is...but omg....how disgraceful is that....no doubt...i beleive it...some people are soo coniving....especially since the Mss Hmong 2004's parents are big shots in the MN orgz...

Mae

sarNie Adult
I was right....the sister posted Nalee's pictures under this topic and claimed she was Miss Hmong 2005.....omg...I'm soo angry, i can't believe this happened to her....i've always thought Hmong pagents are corrupted and biased.....unbelievable...I'm glad Nalee Xiong spoke up about it...she did the right thing....hopefully justice will prevail....

http://www.sarnworld.com/discuzz/index.php?showtopic=2050

Mae

sarNie Adult
mmm0403 said:
Well, I heard that NaLee refused to give the crown to the new Miss Pageant 2006 because of what happened as mentioned in the article. She wants to let the public how the Lao Family people really do their work. Good for her. She was suppose to hand the crown to the new selected Miss Hmong. Anyway, no one dare to go get the crown from NaLee, so they made the new Miss Hmong go get it herself from NaLee. That's what I heard. I also heard that two pageants left during the show because they believed the judges were unfair. They just walked out. And there were only 7 or something girls competing for the crown this year. Sucks!
[post="54050"][/post]​
How pathetic...those officials caused the problem..but yet they were afraid to get the crown...hahahaha...lol....it's soo true, if we Hmong people had our own country, we'd end up killing each other...there is such a huge power struggle..that's why we Hmong people have no country because we don't know how to love one another...Hmoob tsis hlub Hmoob.....Nalee is what I call a real leader...a real queen who is able to speak up...Props to her and her family for challenging the community and fighting for what's right....

JaM

1TYM hwaiting!
wow...interesting..i really sympathize with the girl and her family. I'm glad they publicly criticized Lao Family like that because seriously I don't think Lao Family does crap, all they want is $$$ However, the only problem I have with this situation is when she refused to give the new queen the crown...why would she still want to keep it? she should've been like I've had enough of this bullshit, take it if you want and gave it to her. after all that had happened, why would you still want to be part of it? getting rid of it would've made more sense.

mokka

sarNie Adult
boy, after reading the article, am i glad that she stood up for herself. Hopefully, it'll end these biases and make young first realized that they will be cheated the same way too. I don't think she needs to apology to Miss 2004. She did the right thing by standing up for herself... but what really bothers me is Why? Why? Why did the Lao Hmong do that to her, especially, calling her to dance with another xiong person..that is such a trashy thing

maiv

sarNie Hatchling
mokka said:
boy, after reading the article, am i glad that she stood up for herself. Hopefully, it'll end these biases and make young first realized that they will be cheated the same way too. I don't think she needs to apology to Miss 2004. She did the right thing by standing up for herself... but what really bothers me is Why? Why? Why did the Lao Hmong do that to her, especially, calling her to dance with another xiong person..that is such a trashy thing
[post="54128"][/post]​
according to the article, it was Miss Hmong 2004's mom, who was acting as the MC, who called NaLee to dance with another Xiong!

Mae

sarNie Adult
maiv said:
according to the article, it was Miss Hmong 2004's mom, who was acting as the MC, who called NaLee to dance with another Xiong!
[post="54214"][/post]​
Miss Hmong 2004's mom should be ashamed of herself...she calls herself a older woman figure in the Hmong culture..good god....she is soo disrespectful to call Nalee Xiong to dance with another Xiong guy...she not only disrespected Nalee, but she also disrespected the Xiong official.........what a shame.....and also, i don't know why Miss Hmong 2004 wants an apology??? She should be the one to give an apology to Miss Hmong 2005...ughhh....this entire topic bothers me soo much....

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
maiv said:
[post="54214"][/post]​

OMG!! She is waaay desperate huh? Miss Hmong 2004 is already done with her turn. Damn, Nalee does not deserve any of this stuff.
Well.. that just gives me more reasons to "look down on miss hmong 2004" .. why didn't miss 2004 say anything? :shocked:

sulad

sarNie Adult
I agree, I was there when she gave the speech. Nalee was pretty mad. And I totally agree that they shouldn't do that, because it is Nalee turn. And is Miss 2004 that desprate, shame on them.

Mae

sarNie Adult
Out of curiousity for those who was there, did Nalee give the speech in Hmong or English? Just because if she gave it in Hmong, it would be more powerful thus everyone could understand her point of view?

hamerica

sarNie Hatchling
stacy said:
there's alot more about what happened on hmong today. like my sister said at the new year she spoke in hmong (of course)heheheh. that she plans to do this to open a path for any future misses so that no one would disrespect them like how they disrespect my sister.
It's good that your sister delivered it in Hmong. I have been at th MN couple years ago before 2004, but really did pay much attention to the pagent. My grandma's sister always talk about how much she disagree with all the pagent winners in the past.

sulad

sarNie Adult
stacy said:
Hey i'm nalee's sister here. there was big drama at the new year 2005-2006. People who think that they are somewhat rich, famous(in the hmong community)they think they can treat us normal everyday people like crap. as many of you may see me and my sister are just like everyone here, we like thai lakorn and are super crazy about thai stars. the Miss 2004 of st.paul thought that just because her freakin parents works in the Lao Family organization that they would be able to put their daughter and make her shine in my sister's place when my sister's year isnt' even over yet. of course no one would want to share their place. this kind of thing comes only once in a life time and goes for only a year. who would want to waste it. so this ticked the crap out of my family because they disrespected our famliy. there's alot more about what happened on hmong today. like my sister said at the new year she spoke in hmong (of course)heheheh. that she plans to do this to open a path for any future misses so that no one would disrespect them like how they disrespect my sister. also the xiong dancing xiong thing was another way they used to disrespect our family. i would love to hear what you guys think.....thanks much love
oh and also omg i know that lots are very very confused of why my sisster refuse to give the crown to the new miss. like my sister had said that, "every year many of you will see that before the new miss is picked the old one will sit in this chair and put on the crown on the new one. but i know that there is one person who really really wants to do this job once more. so i will move aside and let her do what she wants. because the reasons why she so disrespected me throughout my year was to basically be able to give the crown and stand on stage like she did once." hopefully i'v answered most of your questions thanks.
[post="54646"][/post]​

I'm happy that your sister gave the speech..if she didn't that dumb communtiy wouldn't even care...and so now they'll lose their face for doing such a shameful thing.Tell your sister that i give her a hi 5 for doing a good job.

mokka

sarNie Adult
imma glad ur sister did what she did.... it doesn't matter if she rubbed it into their face, they did it to her first so i don't see any wrong with her giving her speech... Also imma glad ur sister deliver her speech in Hmong... its more powerful, since its in the hmong community. Hopefully it won't happen again...tell ur sister imma on her side in a situation like this...

kry*star

sarNie Adult
omg! i knew nothing about it since i'm all the way over here! dang! this really pisses me of 'cause of all the injustices that was done to miss. hmong 2005 and her parents which means the whole xiongs altogether. all these hmong leaders man! all crooks! anyways, i just want to say that after reading the hmongtoday article, i really felt for miss hmong 2005 and her family members. i just want to say that she is a TRUE HEROINE! a public apology for miss hmong 2004??? my ASS! i don't think so! you couldn't have been that STUPID to not know anything!

just wondering- i really want to read or hear miss hmong 2005's speech... anyone know how i can get it???

Chai Tea Vang

sarNie Egg
I didn't realize it until i went and read the article and saw her pictures.
I went to the same school with her. And i know for a fact that she did not enter for experience she did it for the money...
What kind of party would need two thousand dollars?
Man!

Anyway, Does anyone have any pictures of the other contestants?