Movie news

leek18

sarNie Adult
hey Leng well i will tell you because i saw the movie and um yeah Kooj Hawj and Txais Hawj was the Assitants. The cover and the back cover don't have Herlinda Name but it have her phone number and Kooj Hawj address only. No, the movie already end and they are not going to continue this movie.

fns

sarNie Hatchling
have you seen the movie....if you did can you tell us a little about it.....and was as good as the other one or you could say part 1 and 2

leek18

sarNie Adult
the movie was ok and some parts are boring some parts are funny some parts are sad and Maiv Puv was a ghost in the movie and everything was all about Nom Phaj ntau Poj Niam thiab Khib and later on Nom Phaj pass away

have you seen the movie....if you did can you tell us a little about it.....and was as good as the other one or you could say part 1 and 2

onceagain

sarNie Hatchling
Just finish watching the movie for the heck of it. You know just to see what Herlinda had to offer in the continuation. And NOPE I DID NOT BUY THE MOVIE! I refuse to support anyone or any production that takes others ideas and use it w/o their permission. I would like to see hmong people go a lot further in this world and by supporting people like Herlinda all it will do is bring the hmong people down.

I got to see if for free from someone one who knows someone who bought the movie. It wasn't all that. Even though it was the continuation of Khib Ciaj Khib Tuag. It didn't really support much of the original story. Like leek18 said it's mainly about Nom Phaj ntau poj niam mus los mus los xwb. I wanted to see what happened to Xab and Hnub and of course they we'ren't even in it. Plus I wanted to know what happened to Xab's 2nd wife. I guess Herlinda can't buy Xab with her money to star in the movie.

After seeing the movie I don't think it's worth your money to go out and buy it. Watch is for free instead. Ask around and borrow from someone. That way you wont' waste your money on it. But if you don't believe me than hey....after all it's your money...

LinkP

sarNie Egg
hey Leng well i will tell you because i saw the movie and um yeah Kooj Hawj and Txais Hawj was the Assitants. The cover and the back cover don't have Herlinda Name but it have her phone number and Kooj Hawj address only. No, the movie already end and they are not going to continue this movie.
Nyob Zoo tus phoojywg. I know that the front cover and back cover does not have Herlinda's name on it nor does it have Herrs Video logo. I already know that her name will be on the back cover as a contact person. There is only one and one reason why she did it this way.... and it is so that people won't judge her for her actions. That she can get away with it. What the heck she already has. Don't under-estimate her. That's what I did at begining before this all got out of hand. I under-estimated her. Thinking that she will not stoop to that low and continue my movie. But hey she already has.

But I would like an outsider to give me an input to my earlier question. If you don't mind please do share your input. Since Herlinda is the one paying out the money to have this movie produced and knowing that the movie that she's sluppying the money is the continuation of Khib Ciaj Khib Tuag what does that make her...if she's not consider a producer of this movie...what is she consider?

Ua li tej laus hais...she's the backbone of this whole movie being produced.

sweetyaj

sarNie Elites
mmmm....answer my not help u..but since you ask an outsider for their input..i would have to say...i consider her the producers...wat else can u call her...no better how hard she tries to hide everyone knoes about...i hope this help...

I LOVE XAB N HNUB FOR NOT STEP SO LOW......

mrhmoobyaj

sarNie Egg
Nyob Zoo tus phoojywg. I know that the front cover and back cover does not have Herlinda's name on it nor does it have Herrs Video logo. I already know that her name will be on the back cover as a contact person. There is only one and one reason why she did it this way.... and it is so that people won't judge her for her actions. That she can get away with it. What the heck she already has. Don't under-estimate her. That's what I did at begining before this all got out of hand. I under-estimated her. Thinking that she will not stoop to that low and continue my movie. But hey she already has.

But I would like an outsider to give me an input to my earlier question. If you don't mind please do share your input. Since Herlinda is the one paying out the money to have this movie produced and knowing that the movie that she's sluppying the money is the continuation of Khib Ciaj Khib Tuag what does that make her...if she's not consider a producer of this movie...what is she consider?

Ua li tej laus hais...she's the backbone of this whole movie being produced.
OKAY, here is my thought....

So far, we've heard only one side of the story. People have been accusing Herlinda of stealing Link Picture's story of Khib Ciaj Khib Tuag...well, I say those of you who are going to the Fresno New Year should walk up to Herlinda herself and ask her for the truth. You may be surprise at what she had to say.

Common sense tells me that the reason Herlinda produced this movie is because:

1. The story is not originally written from Leng himself but Txais Hawj (Nom Phaj) and perhaps Xab Thoj or Kooj Hawj wrote the story and therefore, after they sell the right of the first two parts to Link Pictures, they do have the right to sell the continuation of the story to whoever else they want...in this case, HERLINDA.

2. Perhaps they don't like working with Leng anymore. Maybe Leng did not meet the monetary offer that they want. So, they move on to somebody else. I don't think Herlinda is the only one they offered the stories to. She just happens to be the one who pays more.

3. Maybe the actors don't get along with Leng so they take their story somewhere else.

Don't get me wrong...I believe it's you who made this story what it is...very popular... and the slang "Noob Nom Phaj" is now a common saying in almost every Hmong home. But this is just my 5 cents of thoughts for everyone to think about before judging. I'm pretty sure Herlinda is smart enough to ask "Nom Phaj" wether they have any contracts that does not allow them to continue the story with someone else or not. And...if the actors are happy with Link Pictures...I don't think they are stupid enough to just take their story and run somewhere else. I may be wrong but...just a thought.

If I were you Leng, I move on and produce better and higher quality movies for Hmong people to enjoy. You are the one with the ability and the money to produce any movie you want. Presenting your case and throwing out your frustrations here will not help your reputation. If what you've said is all true then people will say, "he's right!" But if it's not...well, your reputation is on the line. I think it will be a good idea to maintain your COOL and PROFESSIONALISM and deal with this issue PERSONALLY with Herlinda and the people in Thailand. Perhaps it's unfair to you and outright WRONG what these people did to you but you should have had a better negotiation and a better contract with these people from Thailand in the beginning.

I'll tell you this...your version of Nom Phaj is alot better than Herlinda's. SO...FOR YOU TO COME OUT A WINNER...I SUGGEST YOU MAKE A BETTER OFFER FOR THESE PEOPLE IN THAILAND AND CONTINUE THE STORY UNDER YOUR COMPANY.

None of us outsiders will ever know the "whole truth...nothing but the truth..." but I hear that NOM PHAJ is coming to FRESNO NEW YEAR...sponsored by Herlinda herself. SO...those of you who are in Fresno or are coming to Fresno and had been aching to know the truth...I suggest we approach Nom Phaj...shake his hand and ask him his side of the story. I myself will ask him and Herlinda personally at her booth.

For now, I say we try our best to support all Hmong movie producers and actors so they can continue producing better and higher quality movies.

Nothing against you Leng...just my thoughts. You should continue making more movies. You're one of the better Hmong producers/directors out there.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
for reals! Leng u can make better movies so please continue...producers who has been making movies for ten years aren't
as good as you are..their storylines are lame unlike yours..makes more sense... so u should feel "SPECIAL" & make more movies..u got my support.. :)

as for the movie, i didn't buy it but mah mom did... haven't watch it yet.. but my sis said it's funny -n- dumb at the same time.. she said it was sorf of pointless.. how "nom phaj" shall have learn his lesson from beating his wives but instead mai poo came and took him...

personally, i haven't watch the movie but sounds pointless.. :)

leek18

sarNie Adult
hey i want to agree with you when nom phaj came to fresno new year well i will take a pictures and shake his hand at the new year

So far, we've heard only one side of the story. People have been accusing Herlinda of stealing Link Picture's story of Khib Ciaj Khib Tuag...well, I say those of you who are going to the Fresno New Year should walk up to Herlinda herself and ask her for the truth. You may be surprise at what she had to say.

1. The story is not originally written from Leng himself but Txais Hawj (Nom Phaj) and perhaps Xab Thoj or Kooj Hawj wrote the story and therefore, after they sell the right of the first two parts to Link Pictures, they do have the right to sell the continuation of the story to whoever else they want...in this case, HERLINDA.

2. Perhaps they don't like working with Leng anymore. Maybe Leng did not meet the monetary offer that they want. So, they move on to somebody else. I don't think Herlinda is the only one they offered the stories to. She just happens to be the one who pays more.

3. Maybe the actors don't get along with Leng so they take their story somewhere else.

Don't get me wrong...I believe it's you who made this story what it is...very popular... and the slang "Noob Nom Phaj" is now a common saying in almost every Hmong home. But this is just my 5 cents of thoughts for everyone to think about before judging. I'm pretty sure Herlinda is smart enough to ask "Nom Phaj" wether they have any contracts that does not allow them to continue the story with someone else or not. And...if the actors are happy with Link Pictures...I don't think they are stupid enough to just take their story and run somewhere else. I may be wrong but...just a thought.

If I were you Leng, I move on and produce better and higher quality movies for Hmong people to enjoy. You are the one with the ability and the money to produce any movie you want. Presenting your case and throwing out your frustrations here will not help your reputation. If what you've said is all true then people will say, "he's right!" But if it's not...well, your reputation is on the line. I think it will be a good idea to maintain your COOL and PROFESSIONALISM and deal with this issue PERSONALLY with Herlinda and the people in Thailand. Perhaps it's unfair to you and outright WRONG what these people did to you but you should have had a better negotiation and a better contract with these people from Thailand in the beginning.

I'll tell you this...your version of Nom Phaj is alot better than Herlinda's. SO...FOR YOU TO COME OUT A WINNER...I SUGGEST YOU MAKE A BETTER OFFER FOR THESE PEOPLE IN THAILAND AND CONTINUE THE STORY UNDER YOUR COMPANY.

None of us outsiders will ever know the "whole truth...nothing but the truth..." but I hear that NOM PHAJ is coming to FRESNO NEW YEAR...sponsored by Herlinda herself. SO...those of you who are in Fresno or are coming to Fresno and had been aching to know the truth...I suggest we approach Nom Phaj...shake his hand and ask him his side of the story. I myself will ask him and Herlinda personally at her booth.

For now, I say we try our best to support all Hmong movie producers and actors so they can continue producing better and higher quality movies.

Nothing against you Leng...just my thoughts. You should continue making more movies. You're one of the better Hmong producers/directors out there.

sweetyaj

sarNie Elites
MMM...mrhmoobyaj....not to gp agaisnt u or anything n correct me if i am wrong...but even if links didn't write the story they sold the story to links already...so the story belongs to links now they don't have the right to do anything with the story that they have already sold, once its sold its sold...the person who wrote the story is no longer the owner of the story...only links come modify or sell the story not the person who sold the story...but like you said we don't knoe about their agreement so we can't say much except make guess....make Leng you can enlighten us about the agreement you make with the story writers.

LinkP

sarNie Egg
Let me point this out...if you have seen my movie and had ACTUALLY PAID ATTENTION TO THE CREDITS you will see that the story was written by LENG YANG AND XAB THOJ. Credit only goes to NOM PHAJ for being the main actor ONLY. So that does not give him the right to sell the continuation to anyone period. Now....if Xab was the one to sell it that would be a whole different story.

But like sweetyaj said...even if the story was not written by me (which it is) it still does not give the right for anyone to do a continuation of the movie w/o prior agreement from Link Pictures.

Tubhmoobyaj when you do indeed go up to Herlinda's booth during Fresno New Year and actually ask her this...if you don't mind please do come back and share. I can guarantee you what she will say...May not be her exact words but something along that line. This is what she would say...

1: She was not aware that the movie was written by us. (hmmm....our credits are there at the end of the movie points it out) Oppps...she overlooked that. This is coming from someone whose been in the movie bussiness longer than me... to overlook something so important like that...

2: It's Kooj Hawj and Nom Phaj's fault b/c they told her it was okay to do the continuation of the movie. That there would be no problem. (once again...our credits for the writing the story does not have Kooj or Nom Phaj names on it) She should know better than to take their words on it. She herself should have contacted me for the permission. Not the actor Nom Phaj.

Common sense here would be hey.....before actually her agreeing to do the continuation of the movie she should of contact me...since I'm the producer of this movie. Not go thru Kooj and Nom Phaj...

I came here on to let all you know and be aware of people like this out there. There are people there who will stoop low enough for anything. There are people out there who will get down and dirty. Let this be one big lesson for everyone to learn and hope it will not repeat itself.

LinkP

sarNie Egg

Txais Hawj or Kooj Hawj is not even close to be the writer of Khib Ciaj Khib Tuag. As you can see from my credits in the movie...story is written by Leng Yang and Xab Thao. Therefore neither of them have any right to sell continuation to Herlinda. She should of known better to check this out and not take their word on it just b/c Nom Phaj starrs in my movie...

I won't lie to any of you. Nom Phaj and I had our differences. He and I would make an agreement on what I would pay him and once I get to Thailand he would always want me to pay him more money. I told him blank out we had an agreement and we will stick to the agreement only. I will not pay or more just for the heck of it when he feels like changing his mind. This agreement does not even have anything to do with the continuation of Khib Ciaj Khib Tuag...this is all base on my new movie.

Every actor/actress has diferences with every producer...In my case I have been Mr. Too Nice and let them do to much of they want so they think they can step all over me...When they shoot with me I'm very fexible with their acting skills unlike other productions. I now learn that is not good on my behalf. Next time I will be tougher on them.

This movie was shoot after my new upcoming movie. When Kooj and Nom Phaj presnets this to Herlinda she grab it without getting the truth from me. People aren't always nice and good hearted like we think.

I share this with all of you for one and only one reason. I want all my hmong fellows to be aware of people like Herlinda, Kooj Hawj and Nom Phaj...people who wil do anything at any level to get where they are and achieve what they want. So that next time none of you or any of your love ones will have to go thru this with anyone.

[/i]Thank you for your inputs. But let me tell you this...for the hmong people there is no such thing as an better offer. I'm not one to play dirty. If they want out and see better opportunity else where I let them. No point in forcing them to stay with me if they want to.

I don't plan to dwell on this for the rest of my life. I have move on and focusing on my new release coming this dec.

Sounds like a good idea. Please do enlight us with her side of the story. I've already talked to her personally. She wants me to put the blame on Nom Phaj and Kooj Hawj. But when comes down to it this continuation it would never have been possible if she did not provide the money. Once she made the decision to do the continuation she is part of it.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Someone...please get the story from Herlinda...I can't wait to hear what she has to say about this...I mean there's always two side of the story, but in this case...obviously, if LinkP is upset about this, they have every right to be...and I agree...Herlinda should have contacted LinkP for permission first...there "IS" a reason why there are PRODUCERS...and going to the actors for permission? How unprofessional is that???

LinkP..."khib ciaj khib tuag" is by far one of the best Hmong movies I've seen...keep up the good work!!!

onceagain

sarNie Hatchling
Yeah will someone please ask Herlinda's side of the story. I'm dying to hear what she has to say. Does anyone here know Herlinda personally. Will you please shed some light for us.

By the way mrhmoobyaj...if the movie was not original written by Leng but possible by Kooj, Nom Phaj or Xab...don't you think he would of let this go once he found out that Herlinda is doing the continuation and she got permission from Kooj and Nom Phaj. I think obviously he's pissed off is b/c this movie is indeed written by him and Xab not Kooj or Nom Phaj...that the both of them has no right to make or offer a continuation to anyone period! Herlinda as a long time producer should of known better when she agree to Kooj and Nom Phaj idea of continuation of Link Pictures movie. She should of contacted him.

And even if this movie is not written by him the story itself was sold to him meaning he has the right to do whatso ever. That if anyone is intersted on a continuation or re-make of it should soley contact him and not go above him and act like he doesn't exsit. Just like Ceda Lee said this is way we have producers and productions...meaning they are the responsible party for the movie. There are credits to the ones who made the movie possible but when it comes down to it the movie belongs to the production/producer who produce and distribute the movie out.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
oh well... can't do anything about it..but let's take this as a lesson & "HOPE" no one does this in the future again..

i mean, what kind of reasons will herlinda have? lol... "opps, i didn't know.." WHATEVER!

anyway, who has guts to ask herlinda during fresno new year.. please come and share with us.. i'm dying to know. :)

mai-mai18

sarNie Egg
Wow..Interesting...

BUT..I'm going to have to be the devil's advocate with ONE question?

How do WE, Sarnworld Members, know that LinkP is the REAL Leng Yang from Link Pictures...?????

How do I know that this is a RELIABLE source????

Sorry...I just wanted to point that out...I'm neutral about this issue, because I don't know if I can trust this source about the situation...

onceagain

sarNie Hatchling
By the way talking about professionalism. On behalf of Herlinda she sure wasn't being very professional here when she agree to do the continuation thru Kooj and Nom Phaj instead of Link Pictures. How professional was that of her to do something like that.

Tubhmoobyaj...not to go against you and what you have said is reasonable but what if Herlinda is at fault for not going thru Link Pictures for permission of the continuation do you still think we should continue support her production? Honestly I think we shouldn't b/c how the heck are hmong people going to go anyway if we keep supporting the ones who are out to destory us only. This is why hmong people don't have a land of their own or a leader to look up too b/c we have people out there who just don't understand the system of how the world works.

The way I look at it is.......BOTTOM LINE...........Khib Ciaj Khib Tuag is produced by Link Pictures therefore they have the right to the movie. Not the writer or the actors. The writer and actor gave up their right once they agree to sell the movie to Link Pictures. Therefor and parts or thing having to do with Khib Ciaj Khib Tuag must go thru the procducer permission. That is why there's a producer for every movie. This way other can't claim to it as their.

That's my 2 cents.

LinkP

sarNie Egg
Wow..Interesting...

BUT..I'm going to have to be the devil's advocate with ONE question?

How do WE, Sarnworld Members, know that LinkP is the REAL Leng Yang from Link Pictures...?????

How do I know that this is a RELIABLE source????

Sorry...I just wanted to point that out...I'm neutral about this issue, because I don't know if I can trust this source about the situation...
Trust me I am the real Leng Yang the producer of Khib Ciaj Khib Tuag. Ask me anything about the movie Khib Ciaj Khib Tuag or about the production I can answer it for you.

I know some of you here find it hard to believe wheter I am or not and wheter if this situation is true or not but all I can say to you is I'm only speaking of the truth.

I don't all of you to get the wrong idea on why I came online to sarnworld and post this up. I just want to let my hmong fellows be aware of people like Herlinda, Kooj and Nom Phaj. So that in the future we don't under-estimate how mean a person be.

So if you still in question if I am the real Leng Yang I will share this info with you. I will aslo be at the Fresno New Year selling Xab Thoj's new movie. Stop by and ask me any questions if have or just to say Hi.

Best wishes to everyone for this up-coming New year's.

mai-mai18

sarNie Egg
Trust me I am the real Leng Yang the producer of Khib Ciaj Khib Tuag. Ask me anything about the movie Khib Ciaj Khib Tuag or about the production I can answer it for you.

I know some of you here find it hard to believe wheter I am or not and wheter if this situation is true or not but all I can say to you is I'm only speaking of the truth.

I don't all of you to get the wrong idea on why I came online to sarnworld and post this up. I just want to let my hmong fellows be aware of people like Herlinda, Kooj and Nom Phaj. So that in the future we don't under-estimate how mean a person be.

So if you still in question if I am the real Leng Yang I will share this info with you. I will aslo be at the Fresno New Year selling Xab Thoj's new movie. Stop by and ask me any questions if have or just to say Hi.

Best wishes to everyone for this up-coming New year's.
I'll take your word on it...Thanks!

suesan

sarNie Egg
Did anybody in here have a picture of Herlinda? I have never seen her before so I want to see how she looks like. I want to see how big is her face, why would she to such a stupid thing like this. She ruined the hmong peoples' movie industry big time..