movies/ cds worth spending money on

mokka

sarNie Adult
since labor day is coming up soon...i was wondering if anyone could suggest some movies or cds that are worth spending money on... thanks in an advance...

mayo

sarNie Egg
movie.... hmmm.... their this korean movie called "dasiy" TO ME.. it was awsome.. i loved it.... i thought it was worth my money...

Mae

sarNie Adult
hehehe...we should all meet up at the Labor Day tourney..hehehe..jk...just a thought since we're all sarnworld friends.....but which labor day are u guys going to? anyways, i'm looking forward to buying movies and cds for sure....

Mae

sarNie Adult
hehehe...we should all meet up at the Labor Day tourney..hehehe..jk...just a thought since we're all sarnworld friends.....but which labor day are u guys going to? anyways, i'm looking forward to buying movies and cds for sure....

Mae

sarNie Adult

mokka

sarNie Adult
Mae, I'm not sure which labor day tournament I'm going to. I might go to oshkosh the first day and Green bay the second day.. i still have to talk to my sister about it.

Mayo, thanks, I have the korean version of 'Daisy' already... any other movies??

Fearless

sarNie Adult
Why bother buying the hmong translated ones.. just get the originals

nekoyuyu

sarNie Egg
Fearless said:
Why bother buying the hmong translated ones.. just get the originals
[post="160828"][/post]​
You should support those voice actors, they worked hard on it...(I not a voice actor or anything near that, just a college student) Why don't you tried dubbing for fun, and see how hard it was, and it takes time to become good at it...At least acknowleged other's hard work...

Fearless

sarNie Adult
nekoyuyu said:
You should support those voice actors, they worked hard on it...(I not a voice actor or anything near that, just a college student)  Why don't you tried dubbing for fun, and see how hard it was, and it takes time to become good at it...At least acknowleged other's hard work...
[post="160907"][/post]​

I know they put a lot of hard work into it but some of the translating is really bad and so are some of the voices.. so I'd rather stick to the originals if there's English subtitles.

Agree with Penny about Thai lakorns... the only translated ones that I would watch because I don't understand Thai and there's usually no English subtitles for it.

kry*star

sarNie Adult
nekoyuyu, i do acknowledge their hard work like you as well though i no longer buy any other race translated hmong movies except for thai and of course hmong movies... i prefer the original one as well and plus you save a lot more money. actually, most are available to dl so you won't have to spend your money anyways...

yeah, for people who can't bear with their own hmong's voices/work then go ahead and watch the originals. obviously, hmong keep dubbing so that sure tells that they're in good business so people are still buying... quit complaining about their voices ALREADY since you guys stopped watching...

anyways, we're so... going out of topic and i apologize to the topic starter.

beamie

sarNie Hatchling
we're supposed be listing movies here...not having a debate over those translating studios...we all have different opinons....

i personally HATE all those translating studios...except for that one that translated the Tik/Aom movie where he's trying to get his money back....but i still buy some...if i can' find the original....

i only buy translated thai dramas cause they don't have any subtitles on their lakorns....other than that...korean/japanese/indiea....i buy them all original....they can't be copied or anything...they are always orginal....it's just me...

if you don't like translated movies...it's your opinion....

anyways...some movies or cds i think are good....

1) LYDIA - 19 (cd...thai girl singer...i think she's awesome...but opions can differ...)

2) A LOVE TO KILL (korean drama...starring Rain (Jung Ji Hoon) and Shin Min Ah...i loved it...great acting and they all really brought out their character....)

3) DUANG JAI PATHIHARN (thai lakorn..starring Num Sornram and Kob Suvanant...co-starring Louis....great acting...so far the best lakorn i've seen in a while...)

4) i forgot her name...but she's the winner of HMONG IDOL...i bought her CD and i think she's awesome....we needed a singer like her....i'm not dissing the other singers...but she's superb....

ino...there's like a hundred more...but i can't think now...get back you later....

mokka

sarNie Adult
thanks for listing beamie.

whats the title of kob and num's lakorn in hmong

bebe

sarNie Hatchling
personally i like to watch the org b/c the voices distract me from the acting and i understand thai so i'd rather watch the org for $100 a year and watch what ever i want to and when ever then buy it for $10-20 a cd or vhs since the quality is not good

i know those people work hard but i figure if you are gonna take someone elses product and mess it up don't do it

Lydia 19 and A love to kill is the best fyi if you listen to a lot of thai music or movies go to ethaicd.com cheeper and orginals not like some of the burned ones at some venues

another korean movie that is good is Wonderful Life i havn't seen the translated verson but the org is supper good, i love that little girl.

beamie

sarNie Hatchling
oh duh...how could i forget WONDERFUL LIFE?? dang...i'm such a dummy....but if you haven't watched that...it's a must see....

recently i also saw OOM RUK...staring ANN THONGPRASOM and i believe it's CHAKRIT....i think it's kinda like WONDERFUL LIFE...but it has it's own twists....but it's hilarious too...hahah....a good Thai lakorn if you're a thai lakorn fan....

ashoua

sarNie Egg
i can't believe that you like the same translating group just like me too...you know i love that movie....tik and aom were just so cute....and the hmong voices were very good too...i love that hmong guy voice...it sounded soooo cute in the movie.....well, did you know that SKY PRODUCTION is dubbing that movie called:

DUANG JAI PATHIHARN (thai lakorn..starring Num Sornram and Kob)

yeah i saw the cover and they posted it at the store...i am glad that they dubbed that movie.....gosh i am so happy can't wait....also, there is another group that dubbed this movie too but the voices were soo bad...i felt so bad because i bought the movie to part three already....i guess i will wait until SKY PRODUCTION comes out with theirs..... :shocked:

beamie said:
we're supposed be listing movies here...not having a debate over those translating studios...we all have different opinons....

i personally HATE all those translating studios...except for that one that translated the Tik/Aom movie where he's trying to get his money back....but i still buy some...if i can' find the original....

i only buy translated thai dramas cause they don't have any subtitles on their lakorns....other than that...korean/japanese/indiea....i buy them all original....they can't be copied or anything...they are always orginal....it's just me...

if you don't like translated movies...it's your opinion....

anyways...some movies or cds i think are good....

1) LYDIA - 19 (cd...thai girl singer...i think she's awesome...but opions can differ...)

2) A LOVE TO KILL (korean drama...starring Rain (Jung Ji Hoon) and Shin Min Ah...i loved it...great acting and they all really brought out their character....)

3) DUANG JAI PATHIHARN (thai lakorn..starring Num Sornram and Kob Suvanant...co-starring Louis....great acting...so far the best lakorn i've seen in a while...)

4) i forgot her name...but she's the winner of HMONG IDOL...i bought her CD and i think she's awesome....we needed a singer like her....i'm not dissing the other singers...but she's superb....

ino...there's like a hundred more...but i can't think now...get back you later....
[post="161756"][/post]​

beamie

sarNie Hatchling
YEA...SKY production...taht's what it was called....really?? they really are dubbing Duang Jai Pathiharn??? hmmm....i might go buy the hmong version then....SKY production is sooo promising....they always find the right ppl to match the actors.....going back to Aom playing as NUMNUENG...i think the lady that dubbed for her was GREAT...i mean at the crying parts she wasn't just like sniffing like most other dubbers...but it kinda actually sounded like she was crying forrealz....it was good....Tik's dubber was pretty good too...i thought he had a hot voice...totally matched tik....hahaha....but i'm babbling and this is off the subject....hahaha.....

ashoua

sarNie Egg
well, that is a good idea that you come and ask for suggest here...i think that i should do this next time when i want to buy movies too..
because i just bought this thai movie starring NUM SORNRAM AND KOB SUVANANT....called: DUANG JAI PATHIHARN......i don't remember the hmong name for the movie but...i have to tell you people that the people who dubbed this movie have VERY bad voices....OMG..i can't believe it...the voices were soooo BAD...i don't know how they manage to produces it out to public......the story line is very good and the P'Ak....is very good looking also, the AN'AK is very cute too....but the hmong voices just make me mad when i listen it....i don't know if anyone is like me but when i watch the movie my mind goes off the subject because of the voices....man that just get me soo mad......

but i am happy that SKY PRODUCTION is dubbing this movie too.....i guess it should be out by labor day.....
i suggest that you should buy this movie but you just have to look for the production.......SKY PRODUCTION is the better one....don't be stupid like me and buy a good movie with bad voices.....i want you to enjoy the movie not to get mad because of the bad voices like me........
so remember to by num and kob new movie....its very good.......
enjoy your time :lmao:
mokka said:
since labor day is coming up soon...i was wondering if anyone could suggest some movies or cds that are worth spending money on... thanks in an advance...
[post="160518"][/post]​