Nero and Lightscribe assistance??

starryXing*

sarNie Adult
Any assistance would be appreciated~
I am trying to use Lightscribe(LS) for the first time with Nero. Even though I can design a cd cover, it doesn't seem to give me an option to print it using LS (see Pic 1 below). It also doesn't seem to to recognize my LS CD drive. (see Pic 2 below).

I've browsed Nero and LS's sites and haven't been able to find an answer yet. According to both sites, I need to have:
LightScribe technology requires these elements:
1. LightScribe-enabled optical disc drive
2. LightScribe-compatible media
3. Nero 6 Reloaded (Nero 6.6.0.8 or a later version installed)
4. Lightscribe Host Software (download of the latest version)

I have all of the above, with Nero version 6.6.1.4 and have downloaded the LightScribe system Host Software version 1.4.124.1.

According to the instructions, after completing the cover design in Nero, I should have an option for "LightScribe Print." I do not have that option. I only see a regular "Print function." In the “Properties” section in Nero Cover Design, it also doesn’t list my drive as the LS drive.
I’ve already uninstalled Nero, used the Clean Up function, then reinstalled Nero and the LS hosts with still no success.

I know it’s a LS capable drive since I tested the basic LS templates from the LITE ON site (the ones where you can only enter text) and it came out perfectly lightscribed on a LS disk. However, those templates only allow for text and a basic border and I want to be able to use the Nero Cover Design so I can also add pictures as well as text on the disk.

Any clue what I need to do? Thanks!!

Pic 1:

Pic 2:

darvil

sarNie Adult
This is one of those things that will make you hit your head with your palm once I tell you how to do it.

I've done this before and been stuck at the same point.

You have to "Print" it.

Yep thats right. click on the Print option on the first screenshot.

:p

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
Really? For me, LightScribe came with my PC. But then again, if you don't have it and your computer enables it. There's a LightScribe program that you can use or something. I have it in my files but I've lost it. Although, it's downloadable for free at HP.com. You can try downloading that first. I think Tim's way is different though. starryXing*, does your computer have the "Burn, Flip, Burn" function? If so, that's what LightScribe is, isn't it? Burning the image onto the CD as a cover? Um...That's how mine works. But then again, you're required to have LightScribe CDs as well. My technology is lower than Tim's so you might want to go with his advice. Although...Never mind. Try it out.

starryXing*

sarNie Adult
Really? For me, LightScribe came with my PC. But then again, if you don't have it and your computer enables it. There's a LightScribe program that you can use or something. I have it in my files but I've lost it. Although, it's downloadable for free at HP.com. You can try downloading that first. I think Tim's way is different though. starryXing*, does your computer have the "Burn, Flip, Burn" function? If so, that's what LightScribe is, isn't it? Burning the image onto the CD as a cover? Um...That's how mine works. But then again, you're required to have LightScribe CDs as well. My technology is lower than Tim's so you might want to go with his advice. Although...Never mind. Try it out.
Hmmm... still not working for me with Darvil's tips. Yes, my computer is Lightscribe capable. It's a HP Media Center PC that I bought about 3 months ago. It came with two drives. The top one is labeled: "LightScribe DVD SuperMulti Drive/ CD Player". The second drive is just a DVD rom drive. And I am using Verbatim brand Lightscribe disks. The Nero version I am using is also legitimate (someone suggested in another forum that I needed to go buy a legitimate version vs. a downloaded one). The Nero program that I have on my computer came with another CD drive I bought separately. And I did download the LightScribe system Host Software (this is the same thing the HP site directs you to download).

I can get Lightscribe to work with the LightScribe Simple Labeler program, it's just that this doesn't allow for anything but text and a border to be lightscribed. I wanted to use Nero or another program that allows for text and picture.

Not sure what to do...

darvil

sarNie Adult
umm Starry.. what is the error you get? or it doesn't print anything? what are you getting?

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
Hey Tim! She has my PC too! LOL...starryXing* I've never really bothered much with LightScribe yet. But your PC is the same as mine. I just re-formatted mine. Um...I think you can put in pictures but they have to be a specific extension. Cause that's how my Sonic burning program was like, so I switched to Nero. But um...I'll try and take a look at that. I wonder if Tim knows what you're talking about. He hates my PC. LOL.

noungning

Heartless
this sounds fun, i wanna try it when i cut my dvds up and make a documentry... let's see...:D