New Cellphone Contract!

Muddie Murda

smile...
I think I wanted to rant...but then I want people's opinions. :D

Okay, so my contract has just ended with cingular and I thought I should get a new contract with a new phone, because you know, they're cheaper.

I didn't want to spend over $200 on a phone. It's not worth it. After looking all over, for a new phone with a good mp3 player/camera...I decided I'd just stick to my old phone. hahaha After 2 years, I still love mines. Nothing can compare to it!!!!!! But.......The problem is........

I'm currently paying $120/month for my current cellphone bills. I share a plan with my older brother.

My sister wants me to join her plan with her husband and parents in law. Which would only cost me $25 a month.
They have sprint...and I really don't like any of the phones they offer. T____T But the deal's soooo good.

I'm paying for the whole bill on my own. My brother doesn't work or day anything.

So if I go with my sister...my brother will be phoneless. And he NEEDS A PHONE, so we can track whereever the hell he is. Not track, but atleast call him and demand him to come back home. I don't know if my brother's dad will add him onto his plan, since he's currently has my mom and my little sister on the plan.

So should I go with the good deal, bad NEW phone.

Or...same bill, good lovely old phone?

(BTW, if some of you don't know, I DO have a kind heart, which is hard to believe. So I will really feel awful leaving my brother hanging...though he tricked me into this $120 cingular bill -_-. ["It's only $70 a month!! You pay half and I pay half! $35 for you only!"] But he does need a phone badly.......and I want my old phone...badly.)

edit---I'm on a role with these long posts!! :D Rep me! jk Darv, the rep system needs fixing. Haha

noungning

Heartless
wth why did the $35 end up being $120 isn't it supposed to be 70 if it's u and ur bro? i'm lost.

well i have t-mobile. i love my company, they have good customer service lol... and about reception, okay fine, that's another issue. -_-

well have you considered staying cingular but with a cheaper plan? well i don't know for sure what they charge for the family plan.

um have u looked to verizon? they have some nice deals and mp3 phones, i think? lol

well what i did with mine is i just bought my phone unlocked and continue to use tmobile, i'm a sucker for technology, and i might go to thai and get a phone similar to the iphone lol... hahah but nah it's too pricey, it'll cost about the same thing i paid for my current phone. i rather save it for another plane ticket hahaha :p

but um... i dunno, since u wanna stay with cingular, look for a new plan...but if you wanna pay for your bro so he has a phone... um u can do this, go join the cheaper one for u, and for your bro, get him the $19.99 a month plan, i think they have one with tmobile, i dunno about cingular. but see you're saving! u'll be paying 45 a month instead.

um but if you get the $25 with ur aunt was it, will it mean u will have limit amount of mins because u're sharing with a bunch of ppl?

ok nuff said... :p

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
go for verizon =)...my bro and i have the family plan...1400 min...and both of us have txt msgs package...for about $100 a month =)....phones are nice...reception is good...customer service is good...but maybe i'm biased =P

noungning

Heartless
ahahah no tmobile... that must suck big nuts. hahaha

try this site out... wirefly.com they have good deals on phones sometimes. like u can get a blackberry for 50 bucks or get a razr for free plus some extra cash from the rebates. :)

KawaiiTennyo

THE KT OF SARNIES
he must be using the internet on the phone that's why your bill is so high! you can get the slvr for 68 bucks!! cuz cingular does match up prices. Tell them costco sells it for aboput 68 dollars or so.. they will match it up.. that's how I got my phone that cheap =P .. and tell your brother to get a job.. or else no phone! Im sure he wants to keep his phone too... I have friends that works in cingular I dont know if he can give you a 35% off your bill from all the way over here haha

natty

Chubs
I hate T-Mobile because the area where I live is a white zone, just this darn area! I called to see if they can waive my cancellation fee since this is the 3rd renewal as well as I opened up two lines for someone else but nope they didn't want to waive it. So I got annoyed, pay the 200 (eek) and will cancel the other two line in three weeks when those contracts are up. So I'm waiting for my new phone right now. Decided to sign up with Verizon since they have the Cherry Chocolate phone (sweet btw, the color that is, feature isnt important for me) and since I hardly pick up my phone when it's ringing, not many minutes will be wasted and decided to go with the lowest plan.

Sprint has a good plan but yeah their phone is really ugly. However I do like their walkie, on some day i do on others i just want to chuck it across the room. Cingular has the most drop calls in our area even if they advertise being the "fewest drop calls". False advertisement here.

tang071

sarNie Elites
alright so i really dont know muddie. but i have a question myself. i currently have verizon and just found out that my contract ended last november and now i'm paying my bills on a monthly basis. i'm thinking to moving to cingular? is that a good move? but currently the verizon phones are cool but before cingular ones were cool haha. whatever, but does anyone know if i can buy a phone elsewhere, say thailand but use the sim card here (w/cingular or tmobile plan)?

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
Verizon technology differs from the rest hence why they have better reception in terms of through thick buildings like hospitals. However, they are expensive and I hear customer service needs work. Disadvantage-NO SIM CARD. So you can't take your phone to SouthEast Asia and utilize the quad band if you have it.

Cingular probably comes in second as they have the most towers though depending on area has dropped calls as well. I used them since day one and since I have referred everyone and their mom to use it. I never have to call outside cingular's network. And that means I have roll over minutes with over 4000 free minutes to use anytime anywhere and I only pay 39.99/month plus taxes which ends up $50.

I won't comment on any others, but sprint and tmobile would be ranked around the same area.

In terms of your brother... I would recommend you tell him to get a pre-paid phone and watch him if he is that irresponsible. I am assuming his credit is so bad that he can't open his own account. Then you can open your own cingular account and collect rollovers and what not.

But I'm cingular biased. As for Tang071 you can use any quad band phone here inthe states as long as it is unlocked. I think one shouldn't worry about locked or not if you buy it in Asia, but make sure the bands are the same ones here, I can't recall which ones, but QUAD band means all of them so you don't have to know which one. It will work here. :^) In terms of the other way around, again, QUAD BAND, plus unlocked. Usually t-mobile and cingular lock their phones, but you can call them to unlock it for you if you tell them you plan to go to Asia.

OH and another plus for Cingular. IPHONE by apple is coming out for Cingular for sure. However, don't hold me to it in regards to how good the iphone it is. For all I know it's all hype.

natty

Chubs
After reading dyno's post, I thought about it more and look up the chocolate reviews. Man they only support wma not mp3 and you have to buy it from their sites. Forget that. You know the sony w810i looks pretty sweet and it's reviewed as the best phone out at that price atm. I also like the idea of cingular roll over minutes. Thanks dyno

tang071

sarNie Elites
i was thinking about the iphone too. it looks pretty sweet and i'm wondering if i should get as a graduation present. downside is i dont know if it'll function well in the long run and not break down on me or have batteries that last only a year.

thanks dyno. your explanation was really helpful, have you ever done so yourself?

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
i was thinking about the iphone too. it looks pretty sweet and i'm wondering if i should get as a graduation present. downside is i dont know if it'll function well in the long run and not break down on me or have batteries that last only a year.
thanks dyno. your explanation was really helpful, have you ever done so yourself?
No problem ladies.

You know that no matter what, you'll have disconnections or poor reception anywhere you go. I travel all over the place. And I have done tests with sprint, cingular, t-mobile, verizon for short periods of time. Snowboarding can kill practically all networks. Won't matter which one you have. :^P Vegas depends on the hotel, but like I said, I did my own research. Each have their positives and negatives. You can't please everyone and I want to throw my phone sometimes as well. I have researched to the point that even with in one network (cingular) the phone can make a difference in your reception. Yep... depending on certain models you'll pick up signal better than another. So there are so many factors.

Hence why I don't care anymore. Verizon would be good, but the transfer and the lose of sim chip use just doesn't tickle my fancy anymore.

As for purchasing phones, yes I have done both ways in all ways and so have my friends. I have friends who get phones here and take it back to Thailand. And I have purchased back in the days a phone in Thailand and brought it back here to use. (Sony Erickson when that was in vogue).

I usually find out what's hot in Thailand since Asia gets phones before we do. I don't like the limitation that Cingular has to offer or any company for that matter.

Now... I want a TREO cause I use a TREO cause of the software I need to use for school. But recently my TREO broke. I hate the phone, but the software/palm is everything.

My friend recently gave me her T-MOBILE MDA phone which was locked so I couldn't use my cingular chip, but after she got me the unlock code, BINGO! And each code is specific to each phone.

So now I have to figure out how to get palm software working on a pocketpc. How nerdy do I sound?

As for non-quad band phones... you can use them, but you have to change the crystal inside. Yes, I have friends who do all this. (in Thailand of course) MK if you want to know where.

The bands are specific to each area of the world. Carribean uses 2 of the 4 bands, USA uses 2 of the 4 bands, Europe 2 of the 4 bands, and Asia 2 of the 4 bands.

Now you all are cell phone gurus!

I text more now then ever since I'm not allowed to use my phone and hmm.... I think I should text to American Idol now.

Paul Kim... only asian on Idol right now. Go support our korean breathren. :^P

If you follow it, he doens't wear shoes. 555... soo fobby! I like it!

noungning

Heartless
lol from phone talk to american idol we know who's a weirdo :wacko:

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
<bends over backwards for Ning>

See this (points to his arse)

You can kiss this dear! :^P

Muddie Murda

smile...
Haha silly peeps.

he must be using the internet on the phone that's why your bill is so high! you can get the slvr for 68 bucks!! cuz cingular does match up prices. Tell them costco sells it for aboput 68 dollars or so.. they will match it up.. that's how I got my phone that cheap =P .. and tell your brother to get a job.. or else no phone! Im sure he wants to keep his phone too... I have friends that works in cingular I dont know if he can give you a 35% off your bill from all the way over here haha
Hmm, no he doesn't use the net. He just talks ALOT, that's all he does. But we NEVER go over our minutes. T___T I'm going w/ sprint since my sister's workplace gets a discount =D

In terms of your brother... I would recommend you tell him to get a pre-paid phone and watch him if he is that irresponsible. I am assuming his credit is so bad that he can't open his own account. Then you can open your own cingular account and collect rollovers and what not.
Haha well his name is on our contract at the moment. He can't keep a job....at all. He goes out too much and cares so little if he gets fired or not.

But yep, I've decided I'll go with Sprint! ^___^ There's only one phone I like that they offer....and it's not free.. T__________________T

Thanks guys!