New Hmong singer: Lao Moua

The most atractive singer?

• No, he's not cute

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Yes, he's cute, maybe he'll become Hmong's 1st "Film"

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Dunno, need more pictures and evidence of his "bad dancing" in order to decide.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

beamie

sarNie Hatchling
uhhh.....okay.....this guy.....

I ACTUALLY MET HIM ON SUNDAY MORNING AT THE SOCCER TOURNAMENT AT COMO PARK.......

yea...it was a weird experience...hahaah....cause he was there selling his movie....and well....me being the dummy I was, didn't realize it was him cause he was wearing one of them big sunglasses...well yea....so mom dragged me over to his booth and she's like...."wow...he's cute...don't you think so?" and i looked at the cover and the first thing i saw was "the most attractive singer"....so at that point...i was just like..."uh he's okay...but why do they have to put that attractive singer thing on there?? that's stupid..." my mom turned to him to ask the price and she looked at his face and she's like..."hey...is this your music video?" and he's like "yes it is..." i was like "OMG!!! i just dissed his cover RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM!!" damn...i was soooooo embarrased!!!!! but he was nice about it after i apologized...hahaha....

so my mom was like talking to him and....GUESS WHAT?? i found out he's only 17!!!!!! damn...that's friggen young for a guy to be singing like that...but whatever...and one more thing...he's actually living in MOISINEE WISCONSIN....he's not an HTT...he just went over to Laos/Thailand to make the music video....

we....well actually more of my mom spent 20 minutes talking to him....and i just kinda was in the background adding comments...hahaha....but anyways....my mom decided to buy one to help support him....so i figured...hell he's just standing there trying to sell his movie...so i mind as well show some love for my Hmong peeps....so i asked for his autograph...and I got it....

when i watched it...i couldn't help but laugh....he's a good singer...great voice and everything...looks cute and handsome....but his dancing...well...that's a whole different story.....he OVERDID his dancing sooooooooooo much....even on the sad songs were dancing is not required he danced....i thought that was lame....and his music videos where he's chasing that one lady around (the one that is wayy older than he is...) that one was lame....

but overall...i gotta hand it to that kid...he did a good job....my mom is deeply obsessed with him now and can't stop talking about him...which is driving me NUTS!!! yesterday she's like..."i want you to date him paj kub....he's so handsome and you like to sing too...maybe you two could sing together...you know?"

i looked at my mom and i laughed....me with Lao Moua??? i mean...i met him and everything...i think he's cute...but no...i think i'm good...hahaha.....

hamerica

sarNie Hatchling
I didn't meet him, but I got his cd. I don't think his voice is bad at all, just need a little work on it (he doesn't have range).

vics

sarNie Egg
beamie said:

I ACTUALLY MET HIM ON SUNDAY MORNING AT THE SOCCER TOURNAMENT AT COMO PARK.......

yea...it was a weird experience...hahaah....cause he was there selling his movie....and well....me being the dummy I was, didn't realize it was him cause he was wearing one of them big sunglasses...well yea....so mom dragged me over to his booth and she's like...."wow...he's cute...don't you think so?" and i looked at the cover and the first thing i saw was "the most attractive singer"....so at that point...i was just like..."uh he's okay...but why do they have to put that attractive singer thing on there?? that's stupid..." my mom turned to him to ask the price and she looked at his face and she's like..."hey...is this your music video?" and he's like "yes it is..." i was like "OMG!!! i just dissed his cover RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM!!" damn...i was soooooo embarrased!!!!! but he was nice about it after i apologized...hahaha....

so my mom was like talking to him and....GUESS WHAT?? i found out he's only 17!!!!!! damn...that's friggen young for a guy to be singing like that...but whatever...and one more thing...he's actually living in MOISINEE WISCONSIN....he's not an HTT...he just went over to Laos/Thailand to make the music video....

we....well actually more of my mom spent 20 minutes talking to him....and i just kinda was in the background adding comments...hahaha....but anyways....my mom decided to buy one to help support him....so i figured...hell he's just standing there trying to sell his movie...so i mind as well show some love for my Hmong peeps....so i asked for his autograph...and I got it....

when i watched it...i couldn't help but laugh....he's a good singer...great voice and everything...looks cute and handsome....but his dancing...well...that's a whole different story.....he OVERDID his dancing sooooooooooo much....even on the sad songs were dancing is not required he danced....i thought that was lame....and his music videos where he's chasing that one lady around (the one that is wayy older than he is...) that one was lame....

but overall...i gotta hand it to that kid...he did a good job....my mom is deeply obsessed with him now and can't stop talking about him...which is driving me NUTS!!! yesterday she's like..."i want you to date him paj kub....he's so handsome and you like to sing too...maybe you two could sing together...you know?"

i looked at my mom and i laughed....me with Lao Moua??? i mean...i met him and everything...i think he's cute...but no...i think i'm good...hahaha.....
[post="140046"][/post]​
hahaha...that's pretty funny. sounds like something a typical hmong mother would say to their daughter. lols. i bet if my mom saw him, she'd go obsessed and want me to date him too. haha. but i think he's just alright. i agree though, his dancing is really.....GAY. =) but he does have a good voice. who would've thought he's only 17??? he sounds like he's got a 30-y-o person's voice. so anyways, he's not HTT? when you talked to him, did he only speak hmong or english too? =)

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
beamie said:

yea...it was a weird experience...hahaah....cause he was there selling his movie....and well....me being the dummy I was, didn't realize it was him cause he was wearing one of them big sunglasses...well yea....so mom dragged me over to his booth and she's like...."wow...he's cute...don't you think so?" and i looked at the cover and the first thing i saw was "the most attractive singer"....so at that point...i was just like..."uh he's okay...but why do they have to put that attractive singer thing on there?? that's stupid..." my mom turned to him to ask the price and she looked at his face and she's like..."hey...is this your music video?" and he's like "yes it is..."  i was like "OMG!!! i just dissed his cover RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM!!" damn...i was soooooo embarrased!!!!! but he was nice about it after i apologized...hahaha....

[post="140046"][/post]​

OH MY GOD I MET HIM TOO!!!!! AND GOT HIS SIGNITURE TOO!!!
okay...since I'm a crazy fan already andreading most of the comments and they jsut kinda say he's okay I'm VERY HAPPY cause I'm in love with him (sorry Beam)...BUT SERIOUSLY!!! HIS DANCING GOTZ TO GO!!!! IT'S FREAKING FREAKY!!!! but I like his singing...his voice is good...not the best in world he could use some more practicing and MAJOR DANCE LESSONS!!! but he's good for a young dude...
like "frog" said or wrote...I like to hear dubbed songs of like thai or other languages SOMETIMES when they sing it EQUALLY GOOD or BETTER than the original cause it irratates me when people dub songs and they SUCK!!!!
I odn't know...I'm so into this dude...he's so cute!!! but I've said this many times and will say this many times more...QUIT IT WITH YOUR DANCING!!! I mean, Jesus! he moves ten times softer and flexibler than the girls!!! do other moves that matches the song if you're gonna dance...but hey, some singers do great without dancing...I HATE touger SO PLEASE DONO'T DANCE LIKE HIM!

beamie you suck!! your mom suggested you two dating?!?!?! and thinks he's good looking?!?!?! my mom HATES HIM!!! she has so many bad things to say about him, his dance ( I totally agree), his hair (which I love)...you wanna switch moms?

buttertoast

sarNie Egg
oops. nevermind. i see who he is already. hey, not bad looking, except don't like his dancing, which makes him look kinda gay. sorry if i offend anyone.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
i think he's ok lookin'... better lookin then some guys...

he's look korean to me and he sure can dance..in a weird way.. haha!!!
but i give him credit for dancing.. cause i don't think other guys will dance the way he dances.. hahaha!!! luv his voice though... it's nice.. :)

bugsy

sarNie Adult
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! OMG.....I CANT BELIEVE YOU GUYS HAVE A TOPIC ABOUT HIM HERE! Well, I think his voice is nice but as for looks....everytime i look at him...i cant stop myself from laughing!!! LMAO! You wanna know why? It's not because he's cute/not cute or his poses ..... but....i swear to god....he looks like my brother!!!! The hair, the smile, the poses, and im scared to say the dancing (well...i havent seen the music video yet) are all my brother. Dont get me wrong...im not trying to diss my brother...but its just sooo funny. I never caught his name because ever since i saw that picture of his...i was like...."OMG!! there's *brother's name*" ....and thats what me and my sister calls him....lol. FReakky i tell ya....but it gives me a good laugh. And even weirder...you guys say that he's from mosinee, wisconsin?? we're from wausau, wisconsin!!! PWHAHAHAHAHAHA.....thats only like 15 minutes away if you take the highway. Maybe they should meet up. lol.

p.s.....dont worry...my brother got rid of his hair. ^_^

neena

sarNie Adult
:lmao: reading your comments is just cracking me up!! lots of ppl like him eh? just don't like his dancing!. yeah me too...hate his dancing!! heard there were many hmong celebs at the ST this year. too bad i didn't go, i think i want to meet him too...why is he named the most attractive hmong singer?...i wanna see if he lives up to that title. hopefully for his future albums he'll stop dancing and sing his OWN songs.

neena

sarNie Adult
frog said:
Post up the Jay's song that he sing. I like East Wind Break by Jay Chou. Now, I really really want to hear the Hmong verison. Yeah, Jay is my number singer in the whole wide world. He's passionate and serios about his music. The man is a genius. Love Jay! I think he's cute but don't know why other people think otherwise. He is just too too too cool. Ah, very talented man. By the way, I listen to his music everyday, inspirational music too. Go Go Go Jay!
By the way, I think that it's great the Lao Moua sing other's song in Hmong. I like to hear the Hmong verison of some of my favoriate Jay's song.

I need to edit this post again. Please please please please please post up the Jay's song that he sing. I want to hear it so bad now. Please
[post="140037"][/post]​
OFF_TOPIC FOR A SEC.
YAY!! HIGH FIVE!! :D I'm a Jay Chou fan too...i have all his albums and a couple other merchandises. Just like you, i think Jay Chou is one sexy looking guy. Since you want East Wind Break...I'll try to upload it as soon as i look through my MP3 for it.

kazee

I used to go to school with him and he's not the nicest guy either.. i think that if he gets "FAMOUS", he'll be more conceided than he already is.. I don't really like his video.. he's kinda gay when it comes to his dancing.. his voice is good i guess for a hmong person.. and can't he sing his own songs instead of just taking other peoples.. it's kind of stupid for him to do that.. I think it's just an embarrasment to those who know him in Wausau..

Sorry if I offend anyone, but it's just knowing him since we were little.. going to the same school and him.. being kinda conceided.. I just don't like him.. but everyone can have their opinion on him..

calla

sarNie Adult
i just watched this MV at my cousin's house today.....his songs was ok. he sound really good too. but awwwwwwww......i don't like the way he dances.....soooooooooo gay. :loool:

frog

sarNie Egg
Yes, Jay is great and also very cute. I'll be waiting for the upload from you. Can't wait to hear the hmong verison to East Wind Break.....................to me that song is deep

genn04

sarNie Hatchling
OMG! :D
My sister bought it yesterday at the swap market.
I know, he overdid his dance too much, but i loved him.
Thats all i can say, do you think anyone else from America willing
to do that to entertain us? I don't think so. I give him props. although his dance is a little to shaky...i wouldn't mind, but his is cute.
I love his smile the best. Plus, he is one of those pretty boys. His voice is good, love it....and plus he sings..."Baby, I'm So Sorry" by Alex To. :p

To get this straight, he's not that bad. Overall, he made himself that person to represent us too. If you are guys in here....better not judge him, cause i better see you did yourself a music video before bashing on him. :D

Keep it up...Lao Moua, you're awesome keep on practicing. only if you can hear me. wonder if he'll comes in here for the sake of luck...i don't want him reading all this bad comments about him. How sad! :(

calla

sarNie Adult
well, its not that he's not good or anything.....but i only mind the way he dance. its so over acting......he even dance in the slow songs.

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
kazee said:
I used to go to school with him and he's not the nicest guy either.. i think that if he gets "FAMOUS", he'll be more conceided than he already is.. I don't really like his video.. he's kinda gay when it comes to his dancing.. his voice is good i guess for a hmong person.. and can't he sing his own songs instead of just taking other peoples.. it's kind of stupid for him to do that.. I think it's just an embarrasment to those who know him in Wausau..

Sorry if I offend anyone, but it's just knowing him since we were little.. going to the same school and him.. being kinda conceided.. I just don't like him.. but everyone can have their opinion on him..
[post="141232"][/post]​
genn04 said:
OMG! :D
My sister bought it yesterday at the swap market.
I know, he overdid his dance too much, but i loved him.
Thats all i can say, do you think anyone else from America willing
to do that to entertain us? I don't think so. I give him props. although his dance is a little to shaky...i wouldn't mind, but his is cute.
I love his smile the best. Plus, he is one of those pretty boys. His voice is good, love it....and plus he sings..."Baby, I'm So Sorry" by Alex To. :p

To get this straight, he's not that bad. Overall, he made himself that person to represent us too. If you are guys in here....better not judge him, cause i better see you did yourself a music video before bashing on him. :D

Keep it up...Lao Moua, you're awesome keep on practicing. only if you can hear me. wonder if he'll comes in here for the sake of luck...i don't want him reading all this bad comments about him. How sad! :(

[post="141488"][/post]​

Wow…he’s conceited? But he’s so cute!!! And I like his singing…I don't think he's that bad well I can't say anything cause I don't know him but...well maybe he isn’t that bad or won’t be that bad once he’s famous…
And like “genn04” said and what I be saying to my family…at least he’s got the guts to sing and do all that stuff…got to give him credit for that…especially when he’s young too…

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
haha...he looks gay...don't mean to be rude or anything to any of his relatives in here but i'm being honest...my sister made me sit through his karaoke with her and i almost died...haha...his voice sucks...his dance moves suck...and NO HE IS NOT...AND I REPEAT NOT THE MOST ATTRACTIVE SINGER...he looks even more pathetic at the soccer tournament...haha

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
i bought his karoake for $14... i think its worth it.. only if you listen to the songs and not watch the video...

ehhehe... i thought maybe he lived in laos or thailand... because i was like.. i don't think a hmong guy would be dancing like that if he lived in the US... isn't it a little too embarassing to be walking around and having ppl diss you? hehehe...

but i think its cool that he did do his "dancing".. but he did do toooo much.... the one about the wedding... it was unnecessary to be soooo wobbly and slither around like a snake...

i agree.. i think he needs to do something about his hair.. ehehhe...

his voice.. doesn't he sort of sound like touly vangkhue and sy lee mixed together? he looks too young to have a voice like that... ahhaha....

his moves are tooo dance related.. like he's not even walking.... he's dancing around everywhere.. ehehhe...

i give him credit tho... it takes a lot of time... money.. and courage to put out an album and music video... especially if he went to thailand to film it... ahaha =D

kazee

well i do give him credit for this..not many hmong people in the U.S. would do this, but personally i never liked him.. it's just my opinion.. everyone is entitled to their opinion as i have said before.. :)

calla

sarNie Adult
oh yeah....i can't stop thinking that he's really cute.......lolz. :wub:
now i wanna rewatch it again......maybe i'll go buy me a copy. :lol: