New Obsessions and Random Thoughts

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
These two guys are so random and funny
They make me hungry

est.jpn

sarNie Juvenile
I'm not even aure if it's right cus there's also "lae" "say pa" and "kram nong sanok". I'm not sure what the differences are. Did the judges not mention when they were talking?
Thanks again. :icon12: I didn't watch the full episode so I'll try that out.

Ntsuab-Ci

In love with Phet Thakrit <3
i just thought this was adorable. The actor who played Ken's dad in Sawan Biang posted this photo and omg. I love it. It must had been pretty cool watching a kid grow up to be so successful. & their roles weren't just "oh he's the father and he's the son" and that's the end of it but they had actual fights, struggles. and disappointments with one another and both did well playing their part. It would be nice to see them reunite in a lakorn again.
http://instagr.am/p/B_EnKcWgc6k/

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
That's so interesting! Also fun fact, Ken's mom writes the script for almost all of Dida's lakorns. Son is a prominent ch3 actor while mom is a veteran writer for ch7.

Ntsuab-Ci

Because everything has been so slow and boring this year, I just wanna talk about random things and thoughts I have been having related to the thai entertainment and thai celebrities, so a lot of the things i'm going to say might not make any sense and unnecessarily long lol. but it's just me babbling about nothing really.

What have yall been doing to make up for the lack of interesting news/events in the entertainment? I've been rewatching a bunch of ch3 anniversaries, specifically the more recent ones such as the Love is in the Air Concert, 48th anniversary and the 49th. I would finish watching them and then rewatch them all over again because there's nothing else to do lol. I'm still so sad that they didn't get to have their event for the 50th anniversary this year because of COVID19. I think I remember seeing that ch3 reschedule the concert to January 30th of next year?? But I'm unsure... Does anyone know anything about that? But yeah, idk. I just love the bts of the anniversaries as well. Seeing actors interact makes me so happy lol. It's also so interesting rewatching the older anniversaries and seeing the rising stars actors now in the background dancing. Like "WHOA! You were there? Wow. I never noticed you" cause usually I only pay attention to the top actors, obviously because they're the "stars" of the concerts. Like for the Love is in the Air Concert back in.... 2017?? Gina was dancing in the back... Namfah was there. Pie and Oom and Mint R. And then the 48th anniversary, Pon... Peak.. ETC. Seeing them there, I'm like damn... There are probably newbies NOW that are dancing in the background that will rise up very soon too haha. That will be interesting so I've been trying to pay more attention to the actors dancing in the background cause what else is there to do too.. Anyway yeah. After rewatching all that, I've been getting into Nine lately too, lmao. When he first showed up, he was just a young kid to me but he has grown a bit more mature in the last 2-3 years lol. Too bad he doesn't have too many lakorns yet and only takes one at a time it seems. I can only rewatch his lakorn with Ice P. but barely cause I can't take him seriously in there acting all grown when he was like kiddy looking. The one with Gina is so boring lol. & I'll probably skip his new one with Baifern. Sigh. That's why I want him in the DJT series so bad so I finally have something to watch him in that has a interesting storyline for me. & I want Patricia so bad in there with him lool. but she already has a new lakorn and she also only takes one lakorn at a time. T-T but speaking of DJT series, omg i wish i could fast forward to when they pick their cast. I hate all this waiting. I was literally obsessed with the series all summer long. The last news/rumors I heard about it was that they were close to being done with casting and were ready to announce it back in august/september but then changed their minds... again. It was said that they were going to choose ALL NEWBIES because they wanted the actors to be completely free. A few people said that ch3 probably backtracked because of the risk of having ALL NEWBIES and wanted to wait for some of the rising stars' queue to be open. Oh... I've been really into Fah Yongwaree as well... She's so prettyy! and seems like a promising rising star. I remember seeing her for the first time and thinking her face would match well with ch3 haha. And then I found out she did a lakorn with them once? But I guess it didn't work out or something idk. Anyway, I think Fah is good where she is now but man. I want to see her in a nice romantic drama instead of those cheater lakorns. So I kinda want her to go to a channel that will focus her more in that area but at the same time, it would be limiting to her as well so idk. Fah is someone who i think would match any channel so wish her luck in the future! She's so young too! I've been watching a bunch of turkish dramas. Currently watching "Legacy" or "Emanet". I recommend it to anyone who likes a mean male lead and a nice, innocent female lead that will fight back when male lead is being a complete jackass. Does remind me a bit of Thai Lakorns as well haha. Maybe that's why I like it so much. It's helping me with the lack of thai lakorns. I've been trying to rewatch some lakorns as well... The most recent is Jao Sao Ban Rai with Por <3 & Namfon. It's a lakorn that I wouldn't mind if it were remade. Gah... Rewatching older lakorns like the late 80s and early 90s and 2000s, I can't believe I sat through these fake ass kisses lmao. Looking back at it, the kisses were so fake and I thought they were so real as a kid hahaha. But that worked back then so. Them angle kisses were the best haha. Anyway... I wish lakorn world would bring us something new and interesting but I understand it's a little hard to do so during this time but still. I selfishly need something new and exciting. I'm hoping I can one day go to thailand and go to the ch3 anniversaries. It would be cool if other channels could do something like this as well. I see ch7 kinda starting to a little bit with the mini concerts and stuff. I just wanna see actors interact. Oh how wonderful would it be if everyone was freelance and not tied to a channel. The amount of awesome pairings we would get... <3 Also, is it just me? But it feels kinda weird how close in age rising stars are to me now. I'm so used to watching actors with a big to decent age gap compared to me haha. It makes me think about all the actors that will be coming in that will be much younger than me one day. I can't see myself fangirling over anyone younger than me lmao. cause i don't think imma cut off thai lakorns anytime soon or ever. but i guess i'll just have to get used to the cycle of newer and younger actors. Wait you know what.. I'm already fangirling over Nong Unda so nevermind hahaha. I'm her biggest faaan, hopefully she becomes nangek one day. I'll give her all my support lol. Yall know how ch3 had a concert event for the male rising stars? i wish they had one for the girls as well! i'm much more interested in the newer girls.
Ohh.. there is something I've been wondering about for a while now. Does anyone know how the casting works in thai entertainment and the whole process of it? Usually, I just hear that actors are literally just picked up from the streets or something lol. Cause it seems like a lot of thai actors didn't actually want to be actors at all. They just thought "sure why not try it out" and then baam. They either get famous or not. But I see that they've recently added the workshop thing. Idk if they have always had it or not but this year was the first year I saw actors and productions actually posting pictures of workshop and table read. OHH, Maybe I'm talking about table reading more than workshop. It's something I was saw in kdramas but never in thai lakorns so if they just recently added table readings, that's really cool! Do actors actually go to auditions as well? I've never heard of any of that type of experience... All I ever got was that the higher ups of the channel will put actors in a lakorn they felt fit. So I kinda just assume no one actually ever auditioned lol. But I guess the newer actors would have to go to castings and stuff while the a-listers don't and are just handed work? hmm... anyway... i've babbled for way too long now. there's still so much random thoughts and questions in my head but i can't put them into words atm. maybe later lol.

hopefully things get better next year and more interesting lakorns! :D

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Because everything has been so slow and boring this year, I just wanna talk about random things and thoughts I have been having related to the thai entertainment and thai celebrities, so a lot of the things i'm going to say might not make any sense and unnecessarily long lol. but it's just me babbling about nothing really.

What have yall been doing to make up for the lack of interesting news/events in the entertainment? I've been rewatching a bunch of ch3 anniversaries, specifically the more recent ones such as the Love is in the Air Concert, 48th anniversary and the 49th. I would finish watching them and then rewatch them all over again because there's nothing else to do lol. I'm still so sad that they didn't get to have their event for the 50th anniversary this year because of COVID19. I think I remember seeing that ch3 reschedule the concert to January 30th of next year?? But I'm unsure... Does anyone know anything about that? But yeah, idk. I just love the bts of the anniversaries as well. Seeing actors interact makes me so happy lol. It's also so interesting rewatching the older anniversaries and seeing the rising stars actors now in the background dancing. Like "WHOA! You were there? Wow. I never noticed you" cause usually I only pay attention to the top actors, obviously because they're the "stars" of the concerts. Like for the Love is in the Air Concert back in.... 2017?? Gina was dancing in the back... Namfah was there. Pie and Oom and Mint R. And then the 48th anniversary, Pon... Peak.. ETC. Seeing them there, I'm like damn... There are probably newbies NOW that are dancing in the background that will rise up very soon too haha. That will be interesting so I've been trying to pay more attention to the actors dancing in the background cause what else is there to do too.. Anyway yeah. After rewatching all that, I've been getting into Nine lately too, lmao. When he first showed up, he was just a young kid to me but he has grown a bit more mature in the last 2-3 years lol. Too bad he doesn't have too many lakorns yet and only takes one at a time it seems. I can only rewatch his lakorn with Ice P. but barely cause I can't take him seriously in there acting all grown when he was like kiddy looking. The one with Gina is so boring lol. & I'll probably skip his new one with Baifern. Sigh. That's why I want him in the DJT series so bad so I finally have something to watch him in that has a interesting storyline for me. & I want Patricia so bad in there with him lool. but she already has a new lakorn and she also only takes one lakorn at a time. T-T but speaking of DJT series, omg i wish i could fast forward to when they pick their cast. I hate all this waiting. I was literally obsessed with the series all summer long. The last news/rumors I heard about it was that they were close to being done with casting and were ready to announce it back in august/september but then changed their minds... again. It was said that they were going to choose ALL NEWBIES because they wanted the actors to be completely free. A few people said that ch3 probably backtracked because of the risk of having ALL NEWBIES and wanted to wait for some of the rising stars' queue to be open. Oh... I've been really into Fah Yongwaree as well... She's so prettyy! and seems like a promising rising star. I remember seeing her for the first time and thinking her face would match well with ch3 haha. And then I found out she did a lakorn with them once? But I guess it didn't work out or something idk. Anyway, I think Fah is good where she is now but man. I want to see her in a nice romantic drama instead of those cheater lakorns. So I kinda want her to go to a channel that will focus her more in that area but at the same time, it would be limiting to her as well so idk. Fah is someone who i think would match any channel so wish her luck in the future! She's so young too! I've been watching a bunch of turkish dramas. Currently watching "Legacy" or "Emanet". I recommend it to anyone who likes a mean male lead and a nice, innocent female lead that will fight back when male lead is being a complete jackass. Does remind me a bit of Thai Lakorns as well haha. Maybe that's why I like it so much. It's helping me with the lack of thai lakorns. I've been trying to rewatch some lakorns as well... The most recent is Jao Sao Ban Rai with Por <3 & Namfon. It's a lakorn that I wouldn't mind if it were remade. Gah... Rewatching older lakorns like the late 80s and early 90s and 2000s, I can't believe I sat through these fake ass kisses lmao. Looking back at it, the kisses were so fake and I thought they were so real as a kid hahaha. But that worked back then so. Them angle kisses were the best haha. Anyway... I wish lakorn world would bring us something new and interesting but I understand it's a little hard to do so during this time but still. I selfishly need something new and exciting. I'm hoping I can one day go to thailand and go to the ch3 anniversaries. It would be cool if other channels could do something like this as well. I see ch7 kinda starting to a little bit with the mini concerts and stuff. I just wanna see actors interact. Oh how wonderful would it be if everyone was freelance and not tied to a channel. The amount of awesome pairings we would get... <3 Also, is it just me? But it feels kinda weird how close in age rising stars are to me now. I'm so used to watching actors with a big to decent age gap compared to me haha. It makes me think about all the actors that will be coming in that will be much younger than me one day. I can't see myself fangirling over anyone younger than me lmao. cause i don't think imma cut off thai lakorns anytime soon or ever. but i guess i'll just have to get used to the cycle of newer and younger actors. Wait you know what.. I'm already fangirling over Nong Unda so nevermind hahaha. I'm her biggest faaan, hopefully she becomes nangek one day. I'll give her all my support lol. Yall know how ch3 had a concert event for the male rising stars? i wish they had one for the girls as well! i'm much more interested in the newer girls.
Ohh.. there is something I've been wondering about for a while now. Does anyone know how the casting works in thai entertainment and the whole process of it? Usually, I just hear that actors are literally just picked up from the streets or something lol. Cause it seems like a lot of thai actors didn't actually want to be actors at all. They just thought "sure why not try it out" and then baam. They either get famous or not. But I see that they've recently added the workshop thing. Idk if they have always had it or not but this year was the first year I saw actors and productions actually posting pictures of workshop and table read. OHH, Maybe I'm talking about table reading more than workshop. It's something I was saw in kdramas but never in thai lakorns so if they just recently added table readings, that's really cool! Do actors actually go to auditions as well? I've never heard of any of that type of experience... All I ever got was that the higher ups of the channel will put actors in a lakorn they felt fit. So I kinda just assume no one actually ever auditioned lol. But I guess the newer actors would have to go to castings and stuff while the a-listers don't and are just handed work? hmm... anyway... i've babbled for way too long now. there's still so much random thoughts and questions in my head but i can't put them into words atm. maybe later lol.

Oh, I am following "Legacy" too. I laughed at Yaman everytime he gets mad because he does a lot of poses lol. And I like Seher cause even if she has her moments of weakness but her strength lately has been shown. She's the only one that can call out Yaman for his behaviors. And Yusuf's birthday was hilarious. Its a kid's birthday but all adults were there. And I laughed whenever Ikbal comes up with a plan to sabotage Seher. Because each time her plan fails and brings them closer. Not to add, Yaman, Selim and Ali are so darn cute. It helps that it's airing everyday as well. The only complaint is, it might be a very long drama. Like the Promise, it's like 200+episodes and not sure when it's ending.

Ntsuab-Ci

Oh, I am following "Legacy" too. I laughed at Yaman everytime he gets mad because he does a lot of poses lol. And I like Seher cause even if she has her moments of weakness but her strength lately has been shown. She's the only one that can call out Yaman for his behaviors. And Yusuf's birthday was hilarious. Its a kid's birthday but all adults were there. And I laughed whenever Ikbal comes up with a plan to sabotage Seher. Because each time her plan fails and brings them closer. Not to add, Yaman, Selim and Ali are so darn cute. It helps that it's airing everyday as well. The only complaint is, it might be a very long drama. Like the Promise, it's like 200+episodes and not sure when it's ending.
Glad to hear that you are watching it too! Lool, I still don't know how I feel about Yaman's constant eye squinting. But since I know what the actor is trying to go for, I kinda just let it go. I also love how Ikbal's fail plans help bring Yaman and Seher closer together. It's funny because she was the reason Yaman and Seher met haha. Lady should had never allowed Seher to visit Yusuf. Would had saved her quite a bit of time. It's funny when Yaman gets jealous too lol. But also annoying with how unreasonable and mean he gets with Seher... Definitely love it when she calls him out on his rudeness and controlling nature. But I love how much Yaman stares at her. Man can't stand a second away from her too hehe. Ali and Kiraz are adorable. I'm glad to have a 2nd cute couple. & omg... I remember Yemin. I was obsessed with that drama when it first came out. Watched it till ep 70 but yeah. Too long and too draggy with the same cycle of misunderstandings so I dropped it sadly. Hopefully Legacy doesn't go on for too long..

Last edited:

bit

sarNie Adult

I think for more higher up food chain actors/actresses they don't do casting, most are handed work by channel. That what I've been seeing. It's who you know rather what you know situation. Little fry might need to do it but not sure how that work, it's not like Latin drama where they have casting, chemistry shoot and all, and can drop you off if your on-screen chemistry is not there.

In Thai lakorn, you need to be pretty/handsome, half Thai is a bonus, and got connection.

Sonakshi

sarNie Adult

I think the new actors are usually scouted by managers and they give a shot at acting. If they like they continue else they drop off...

Regarding casting in thai entertainment -
I think the top actors/actresses who have already proved themselves usually dont audition.. The producers and the directors already have an idea about their acting skills and they cast them based on what they think will suit them... Audition is usually done if they are looking for fresh faces and if any actors/actresses with smaller filmography want to bag a good role in a well known production,they audition as well.. If I had been a director or a producer and if casting decisions were in my hand,then I would have picked A listers without audition and new ones or lesser knowns through audition. Conducting Audition on a large scale takes time and effort and money. But I would still go for a look test with A listers especially if the lakorn is set in historical times because not all actors/actresses look good in traditional costumes...

I think a lot of producers do conduct workshops for their actors even if they are A listers... For Kluen Cheevit, Mark and Yaya had a workshop.. For Bad Romeo Yaya and Mario attended workshop as well... These workshops are usually conducted to help actors build chemistry and get comfortable with each other so that they can shoot the lakorn in fewer takes when it goes on floor...

I don't think the channels take upon themselves to hone their acting skills. They just start offering supportive roles for newbies and give them opportunities to gain experience and build fanbase..

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
No I don’t, I was barely born when it started, I didn’t even know about it

But hum... how did we get to this by the way ?
Just one of my random thoughts. Okay you must be a baby then :) lol. Anyway ask around you about l'affaire d'outreau. Votre actuel garde des sots oops sceaux, dupont morretti, a joué un grand rôle dans l'acquittement de gens qui étaient en réalité des criminels et a fait passer les enfants victimes pour des menteurs.

Vico

sarNie Adult
Just one of my random thoughts. Okay you must be a baby then :) lol. Anyway ask around you about l'affaire d'outreau. Votre actuel garde des sots oops sceaux, dupont morretti, a joué un grand rôle dans l'acquittement de gens qui étaient en réalité des criminels et a fait passer les enfants victimes pour des menteurs.
J’ai 23ans,
Trop triste... malheureusement, c’est pas la première fois (ni la dernière, j’en ai peur) qu’un criminel sexuel est acquitté et qu’une victime est persécutée. Il y a par exemple eu l’affaire de l’école pour enfants sourds Gwangju Inhwa en 2005.
Le truc, c’est que dans ce genre d’affaire, la première question n’est pas « est-ce que l’accusé est coupable ? » : c’est « est-ce que la victime ment ? ».
Autrement dit, dès le départ, on met en doute la parole de la victime et on protège un possible suspect. Et on se demande pourquoi les victimes de crimes sexuels hésitent à parler...

Katelyn

sarNie Oldmaid
Hi there. I think I am burned out with lakorn. Nothing looks interesting enough to hold my attention. These few months, I've been watching Kdramas specifically it started with Crash Landing On You on Netflix. Love the drama and the pair. I was impressed by Hyun Bin and hence my new obsession is Hyun Bin. I started to look him up and watched his other dramas/movies like Hyde, Jekyll, Me, Confidential Assignment and Memories of the Alhambra. I'm going to watch his other dramas and movies as well. Here are some fanarts to share.

http://instagr.am/p/CFdSOGEFlyq/
http://instagr.am/p/CFiKRUhldrJ/
http://instagr.am/p/CFiy6BOFb_e/
http://instagr.am/p/CFsywCfgmVg/
He's so handsome!!
http://instagr.am/p/CGAmJcLlLtR/