[News October 21st] Hmong Garden Controversy

cecilia

Staff member
^hahaha. kuv twb nyeem tau thiab tau taub zoo tug viv ncaus MOH MOH :clap:

i totally agree with you. like my dad always say and preach to me THEY HIRE YOU B/C 1. your PPL need this kind of SERVICES, if it's not for them, employer wouldn't bother to look your way. 2. When you applied for the job, you got the job, you mis-work your job description or interpret wrong, ppl have the right to complain and not support you, b/c you know well of what you're going into. 3. BUSINESS is BUSINESS. your job is to work for the community-a bridge to connect your people to the other group, you have to show that respect to your people as well as the other group of people. put your personal feeling aside and finish the task you're assign to do, you're just hurting yourself more, it's not your job to get angry at them, it's the EMPLOYER's job .. you're just a messenger. UNLESS OF COURSE, you're hire for the non-outreach community position, like working for all people and not focus mainly on your group of people.

some ppl need to get the idea that one can get hire and fire easily with the kind of work ethic they lead ;)

margaretthao4

sarNie Adult
Moh, girl.. I got your point. I'm still in shock at what that girl did! And in front of the elders too. :D
Girl I'm still in shock too! My gawd girl have some self respect. Your reping the Hmong community and the city councilmen and thats how you choose to do so..Hahahaha
mee kwaam seuam sia tee poo ying ngoh ngoh.

^hahaha. kuv twb nyeem tau thiab tau taub zoo tug viv ncaus MOH MOH :clap:
Cecilia koj mus rau qhov tus lawm os? Kuv nco koj heev hom. Ntev lawm tsis tau nrog koj tab. Koj nyob li cas noj li cas lawm xws? That line sounds so hmoob thaib teb hahaha. Cov lus uab koj txiv hais yeej yog lawm. Tus neeg zoo li ntawv xub mus nrhiav qhob twg los yeej tau. Xwb li koj thiab kuv wb nas! hahaha.

cecilia

Staff member
^muaha. i miss you too, if you and i ran the council, it will be a mess :loool:

but yeah, ppl can get easily replace. one that have the experience and potential to learn it can get the job easily, that's why, it's important to stay focus and work hard or else, someone better will come and snatch your position, isn't that what we learn at school? LOl .. anyway, i just wish ppl don't' take things for grant and think they're so high up there just b/c they feel they know this or that.

margaretthao4

sarNie Adult
^muaha. i miss you too, if you and i ran the council, it will be a mess :loool:

but yeah, ppl can get easily replace. one that have the experience and potential to learn it can get the job easily, that's why, it's important to stay focus and work hard or else, someone better will come and snatch your position, isn't that what we learn at school? LOl .. anyway, i just wish ppl don't' take things for grant and think they're so high up there just b/c they feel they know this or that.
lmfao for sure it will be ruckus! :loool:

mvshutters

sarNie Egg
I bet she is not even a public administrator...she's probably just a staff--more like a receptionist or assistant...they probably just ask her to translate since she is hmong...

I also bet that she probably just want to make the officials think that she can handle the situation since she knows her people....what a joke....

Its people like her who makes the hmong people look bad in an already bad situation...

neena

sarNie Adult
lol, sad...when i was watching it, all i was thinking was...she just came out of high school, right? she acts like a high school student. doesn't matter what career you're in, number 1 rule, you have to be professional and hold back...she needs some training in that.

precious_me

sarNie Hatchling
i was reading this.....and i was wondering who monica yang is until i watched the linked about the news and omg, i used to help her teach her students at stone soup dances..was volunteering for one of my classes....

candi

sarNie Juvenile
To the people in Fresno, help us support the gardener at Belmont and Dewitt. Please contact your local city council member. If you don't know who your city council member is, go to:

http://www.fresno.gov/Government/CityCounc...ncilLocator.htm

Please email or call them and tell them that you want to keep the garden at the current location.

If you are not within the city of Fresno, but fall under the County of Fresno, please email one of the council member (ex. Blong Xiong) and tell them that you want to vote to preseve the garden.

We need all the support we can get. Help keep the garden at the present location for our Hmong parents.

If you don't live in Fresno, but have relatives in Fresno, let them know and have them call their council member.

Thank you.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
OMFG!!! That Monica Yang looks like my ex roommate's older sister, the ex roommate that got punched in the face by my younger sister. I wouldn't be surprise if that was her. Damn...b*tch got some issues. Excuse my language...but this isn't TV (live).

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
i was reading this.....and i was wondering who monica yang is until i watched the linked about the news and omg, i used to help her teach her students at stone soup dances..was volunteering for one of my classes....
DAMN! I really think she's the Monica Yang I met before.

it is sad that that when she and the other two hmong girl did the interpreter for the hmong elders last friday...they flip flops the whole thing...that is why the newspaper came out that the elders agreed to move to the new site...for the truth is she and the other two girl uses forces to that the elders will move. So sad...at the time of the interpreter the elders say they understand the three hmong translator didn't translate what they say but went off the other way around and lie to reporters...the elders understand english and what they were saying but they just couldn't speak in english back. Its true both my parents i thought they were dumb at english...but truth they are not...these day when i translate to them i have to be careful because they do understand but just couldn't say it. So becareful if you're tranlate next time..HMONG PARENTS ARE SMART AS HELL...THAT includes my lovely parents too!

cecilia

Staff member
^same here ceda,
the other day, i went translating at school for my parent.
i try to translate what my dad want to ask the principle.
and it sorta came out not the way my dad want.
he raise his voice and say i said it wrong.
i have to listen to him again and rephrase it back.

sad that they have to move the garden due to unfair translation.

precious_me

sarNie Hatchling
it is sad that that when she and the other two hmong girl did the interpreter for the hmong elders last friday...they flip flops the whole thing...that is why the newspaper came out that the elders agreed to move to the new site...for the truth is she and the other two girl uses forces to that the elders will move. So sad...at the time of the interpreter the elders say they understand the three hmong translator didn't translate what they say but went off the other way around and lie to reporters...the elders understand english and what they were saying but they just couldn't speak in english back. Its true both my parents i thought they were dumb at english...but truth they are not...these day when i translate to them i have to be careful because they do understand but just couldn't say it. So becareful if you're tranlate next time..HMONG PARENTS ARE SMART AS HELL...THAT includes my lovely parents too!
hmong parents are getting smarter and smarter...heck my parents are even smarter than me!...they're in their 70's and they still managed to passed the test to become U.S citizens ...even i couldn't even pass my 8th grade constitution test...stupid test...oh well, atleast i still graduated!...Yay...but yeah i gotta becareful with what i say these days cos my parents can understand!

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
the thing about Hmong parents too is...
sometimes they want things their way...
and it's like... uhm... they can't do that.. ahaha
dude.. they do have policies... lol

me094

sarNie Egg
I'm so embarrassed for her. Very unprofessional in the way she acts and she speaks. I believe she forgot where she comes from and who she represents, in terms of her personal life and professional life. If anything like that was to happen in my work place, her butt would have been fire, especailly in front of the media. I'm sorry there is no excuse for that kind of language or attitude.

Blackheart

sarNie Egg
O my goodness. I have never yell at my parents or elders.
I treat other elders like my own and it's very sad to see
this happening. I really think Monica is very unprofessional
and disrespectful. Also very immature. I hope the Hmong
get to keep their gardens and do what they love to do.
As for Monica I think life is over for her. I don't think
she would have guts to face people. Especially for a
person who works for the city to use that kind of tongue.

prettysexie

sarNie Egg
no she's just stupid and forgot to look @ herself in the mirrors. she should understand that our hmong parents work VERY hard on thier gardens and it takes alot of time to grow it all back. if i was there i would so say whos your parent, are you not hmong yourself, or are you ashamed of being hmong and not wanting to understand us.