Nobody's Business (Completed)

n_naruk

TOOMTAM :: CHALiDA
Even tho her father that she grew up with wasn't her real father. But he did loved her with all of his heart like she was his real daughter. Thanh's father is such a wonderful man but so sad that his life had to end early...

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter 3: The Choice

Thanh walked to the ceramics school and sat down to watch her mother through the window from a bench across the street. After work, she would reveal that she will be moving to Bangkok for her job and hopes her mother would approve of work that far away.

As her mother steps out, her mother almost faints. Thanh runs up and catches her mother on time. Her mother asks her why she was there. Thanh told her that she was sitting at the park thinking about things. They went to sit down for a bit and Thanh cleared her throat and said, “Mother, I found a job.” Her mother looked at her and smiled with tears in her eyes. “When will you start, is it nearby? Which company hired you?” Thanh began to tell her mother that the company is in Bangkok. Her mother looked at her and pushed her away. “No, I can’t let you go there. It is not a good city. Horrible things happen there. Anywhere but there.” Thanh just said, “I want to go there. I can’t stay here because there is no job here. I don’t care if I suffer over there. I want to be the best.” After hesitation and flashback of her own experiences in Bangkok, Mornnapa looks at her daughter and says, “I guess I have to let you make your own choices. I can’t be a selfish mother anymore. I have to make you happy for once.” Thanh cries and they hug each other.

Two days later, Thanh arrives in Bangkok. She will be heading to the office after she visits a nearby motel to stay the night and get her preliminary interview. She will be hired, but the boss wants to interview to see which department will be best for Thanh. She’s a newbie, so the company doesn’t want to place her in an advanced position or a department that she will not like. Then, she will look for an apartment since she does not want to rely on her great aunt for home stay since it is far from the hospital. It is about noon and she is hungry. She wants to go to the street vendors and buy some chicken satay. But, she has to get ready for that interview. So, she skips out on it and returns to the motel after checking out where the office is. She looks across the street and sees the sign that says, “Koonpah Hospital”. She stands at a standstill and somehow she is now standing in front of the ER door. She didn’t even hear the ambulance and the trauma team rushing out to grab a patient. She was just frozen, when suddenly, a young man waves his hand in front of her eyes and says, “Hey you, are you crazy? Why are you standing in the way? There’s an emergency and you need to get out of the way.” Thanh awoke from her frozen state and quickly apologizes and runs off. She looked at her watch and realized 15 minutes had passed and she would have to return for the interview at 3. She was losing time.

The man who was standing in front of her was Dr. Run. He is always serious about his job and that girl was weird just standing there in the way. He was angry that the nurses did not ask her to get out of the way earlier. She was quite good looking, but he couldn’t let that get to him because it was work. Not play time.

Back at the motel, Thanh quickly showered and changed her clothes. She looked more professional now and decided to take a cab instead of walking so that she wouldn’t ruin her hair. She entered and brought her resume with her just in case. The receptionist looked at her and then began to laugh. “Welcome, we’ve been waiting for you. Let me get Mr. James so that he knows you’re here so that he can take you up to the meeting room.” After a minute, Mr. James rushed down and asked Thanh to follow him. In the room, Thanh was introduced to Mr. Yot and two other newbies Karat and Rotmay. They were transferred from two separate companies, one from Chiangmai and another from Phuket. They all started chatting and finally another person shows up and it was Ron from Bangkok, another newbie who just graduated. He apologized for being a little late, but he locked his keys in the car and had to wait to get service. Mr. Yot excused the tardiness and brought the interview meeting to order.

“As you all know, I will be hiring all of you onto the team. But, I must interview and see how you all socialize before assigning which positions/departments are best suited for you at the moment.” He begins the interview and Thanh was hilarious, but honest and sincere with her answers. Ron kept laughing. Mr. Yot finally concluded the interview and states that he will assign right now. “Karat, you will be part of the homicide team. You seem cunning and fast paced in your job. You are to be under Mr. James’ supervision. Rotmay, you will be in the lab for now. You seem precise and your attention to detail will be an asset there. You will also be working in the same department as Mr. James and Karat. Karat, you will be assigned a mentor. Ron, since you were tardy today and you are bit immature, I am going to assign you to be in the lab for the hospital cases. You will be working Miss Thanh. She will be your boss.” Thanh’s eyes glared up in shock. “Don’t be shocked Miss Thanh. You seem like a leader and we are awaiting a new team leader at the hospital. Our sister company had nothing but good things to say about you. I will not be let down was what they guaranteed to me. I expect nothing less.”

He then got up and left. Rotmay and Karat couldn’t believe that she was going to be team lead and she was a newbie. They had worked hard to even get transferred to the position they have now. It took several years.

Thanh’s stomach began to grumble. Everyone looked at her and she excused herself. Mr. James called after her and told her that she starts tomorrow at 8AM. She ran off. It was now 6pm and she is incredibly hungry.

But then she sees the hospital again and freezes in front of the parking garage. A car rushed out and it honked, but she wouldn’t get out of the way. The brakes were pushed and the car screeched. All of a sudden cameras were flashing, and Run steps out and grabs Thanh and pushes her into his car. He gets in his car and drives off.

My Critique
As you can see, I didn't make up casting for Ron, Karat, Rotmay, Mr. James, the receptionist, Mr. Yot, the nurses, etc. because I figured it would be more fun for all of you readers to put your own characters in. I gave Airin and Ruan a description even though one is barely around and the other already died because I wanted the audience to see how their face resembles their children or why Mornnapa has a sweet guy by her side but chooses Thanh's real father.

jeeja

Miss SMILES :D
lol, Run is so cute in a way. We need more of their scenes :p Can't wait for the next chapter! :D

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter 4: An Awkward meeting

All of a sudden, Thanh realized that she wasn’t standing on the street anymore and starts to yell, “Oh my gosh, get me out of here! Who are you? What are you doing?” He glares at her and says, “You were in front of my car and I had no choice but to grab you into my car. You know that I get followed all the time by paparazzi and reporters?”

He arrives at a hotel and drags her along. She screeches, but he drags her up the elevator. He’s on the fifth floor and he opens the door and brings her in. She begins to panic and he can see that in her eyes. He pushes her to the couch and gets on top of her. But, she screeches and screams and kicks. He took a look at her face again and remembers that she’s the same woman from the afternoon. He stops and gets off of her. She begins to run out, but he shouts, “Wait!”

He lets her know that there will be reporters at the door and that they will be there all night. He told her that she should know who he is and that he had never let a girl go before. She is the first. She turns around and says, “I do not know who you are. Are you that special? Should I know? Who are you?”

He couldn’t believe this girl would talk back to him in such a manner. Everyone knew who he was. Every girl wanted to be in his pants. Rumors were that he was the best. Even after he leaves and mistreats them, they still want him.
“My name is Niran. Niran Amarin. I am the best doctor here in Bangkok. I am the son of a very rich ambassador and I am someone who is still a bachelor. I am the man that is in the papers and magazines every day. I am the man that will be at hotels on my day off. And the girl will be wrapped in a blanket opening the door of the hotel room and a picture will appear because she was looking for me in the morning if I didn’t have nightshift or the night if I didn’t have a dayshift.”

All of a sudden, Thanh laughs. “I still don’t know who you are and I could care less.” Niran looks angry and said he could change his mind. She stops and sits down. “What will happen if I leave right now?” Niran tells her that if she leaves the paparazzi will take snap shots of her and she’ll appear in every magazine and newspaper across the nation. Thanh knew that if that happens her mom will be very upset. Then her stomach started growling. Niran heard and asked if he should order something. At first she was going to say no, but then she figured she’d ask if he’d pay for it. He said he would. Then she agreed since she was hungry. He ordered the food.
Then, she asked if he can help her escape without being noticed. He said that is impossible. Then she asked him why he stopped. He looked at her and told her he didn’t know why. He just couldn’t do that to her for some reason. Then she proceeds to ask why he sleeps around. He paused and got up to leave to the bathroom. “Geez, he can’t even answer a simple question. He thinks he’s the king or something.”

She gets up to open the door, then realizes that she can’t if what he’s saying is true. After all, there were flashes where she was standing. She walked to the bedroom and found a scarf in the closet. She wrapped herself and opened the door. There was a snap, but then she closed the door and her stomach was growling. She needed food. Room service finally came and she answered it, but no photos were taken this time. She ate and decided to sit and rest to digest before escaping. Niran was in the shower for a very long time. He didn’t come out. So she fell asleep.

Niran went to the bathroom to jump in the shower. He couldn’t believe that this girl would ask him a question asking why he slept around. She’s so naïve and she doesn’t know his story? He sleeps around to avoid being in another relationship. He can’t give a girl his time for real romances because he couldn’t save the girl he loved. He didn’t want to be in a relationship and then loose the girl he cares about. He could’ve quit his job, but he wanted to save people’s lives to compensate for not being able to save her. How can this girl not know about him? Every newspaper, every magazine knew that he did it to avoid being reminded of his past. All the women would throw themselves at him because they knew he was vulnerable and an easy target. But, this girl she didn’t know anything about him. And she was so strange. She’s so silent and ignores what is going on around her a various times, but once she recovers she is very talkative and almost makes Niran want to laugh and smile. But, he can’t. Then again, her voice and her face are likeable.

After an hour, he figured that he had to let her question slide. Maybe it was time for him not to let his pride get to him. He can’t force a girl for sex. She has to be willing. So, tonight will be the first night that a girl will escape. He walked out and dressed himself. Usually he doesn’t need to, but he actually had to tonight. He walked back out to the sitting room and the girl had fallen asleep. He stood and stared at her. She was definitely cute and slept nicely. She seemed innocent and seemed like she was raised well. He sat and saw that she had eaten and even had a scarf nearby. “Could she have possibly tried to escape, but was unsuccessful?” He laughed to himself. Then thought, “Wow, I had not laughed like this in a while.” He decides to carry her to the bed so that she doesn’t have to sleep on the sofa. He requested for another blanket and slept on the bed too. He didn’t want to sacrifice sleeping on the floor or on the couch. After all, he is paying for the room. He had to go to work again tomorrow. So, he’d have to leave by 9. “She’s such a deep sleeper,” he thought.

The next morning:
Thanh woke up at 5 AM and realized that she was not in her motel. She turned to the left and someone was sleeping next to her. Her heart started beating fast, but then she realized she was still wearing her clothes. So, nothing must’ve happened. She wasn’t drugged at least, but then again…After another minute she thought about the situation and realized that she is still a virgin since she’s a scientist after all. Scientists are sure about these types of things. She remembered that Niran told her that photographers were all over this hotel. She decided she had to risk leaving. She had work today and didn’t even get the chance to find an apartment yet. She got up as quietly as possible and found the scarf. Thanh carefully wrapped herself and opened the door. Nobody was outside. “I guess the paparazzi don’t come out this early in the morning.” She walked out casually and went to the stairwell. On the way down, someone was coming up. But, she remained calm and kept going. The person who came up had a camera and was on the phone. “Yes, I know. It’s going to be the same news about a girl in his room, but last night they said it was a girl he almost hit his car with. I need to be the first to catch him as he comes out and to catch the girl as she leaves. She’s a mystery. Nobody got a good picture of her yesterday because she was unexpected as he drove out of the parking garage.” Thanh thought, “So it’s true, he is always followed.”

My Critque
Hope it's an interesting story so far. Thanks to those who are still reading :) Oh, I had to come back on this post to add more to my critique. Well, this isn't going to be a critique but a little sneak preview of the next chapter. I just had to type this out now because I totally want to thank TubbyTinker for the poster again. I didn't realize that when I wrote Ch. 5, the sunglasses on Tengneung actually works for my ff! Just wanted to let you know that.​

kab hnub

sarNie Hatchling
i'm glad this was a full chapter of Niran & Thanh. theirs scenes are cute. :wub:

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter 5: Reveal Yourself

Thanh made it to her room and showered. She decided to eat a decent breakfast before heading to work. After all, she must train today before she actually gets put on the spot she assumed. After her shower, all she can think about was Niran. “Why did he have to be so handsome? But, he’s a jerk and a player. A doctor?” She got up and headed for some food and work. She deposited for another night at the motel.

Niran opened his eyes at 8 thinking that the girl would still be there. He decided to trick her and planned to give her a hug. But, as he reached over, she wasn’t there. He got up shocked because usually he is the first to wake up. He slept at a hotel without any benefits. “I didn’t even catch her name.” Then, he got up showered and got his uniform on. Tonight he’d have to go home to get more clothes. He was running out. He’s been working 5 days in a row now. After opening the door, he smirked at the camera and put his sunglasses on and kept walking. He decided to take the elevator today. He thought to himself, “They won’t find her today.”
Niran reached the hospital and went in. Everything was the same routine. He’d check the orders and the patient status. Usually shift starts at 6AM for the doctors, but there’s usually more than 1 doctor each shift because Niran goes and leaves when he pleases. The nurses are all nice, but he doesn’t have relations with his coworkers. It would be awkward.

When Thanh stepped into the building the receptionist got up from her desk and handed Thanh coffee. Thanh asked why she would do that, she could get it herself. The receptionist just replied, “I hand coffee to all the bosses.” Thanh was surprised and walked up to her office. When she arrived, her office was very unique. It was a nice size and it was connected to a lab where 4 employees worked. There were two other office cubicles nearby, but her office was separate. Mr. James came in and introduced Mrs. Vilai who worked as second chief on the team. She will be Thanh’s mentor until Thanh has proper training on the floor. Thanh thanked both of them. After Mr. James left, Mrs. Vilai told Thanh that Thanh is higher ranked than she is and that as team lead, Thanh will have many responsibilities.
Before lunch, Mrs. Vilai informed Thanh that she will be introducing her to the hospital and orient her there. Ron will also have to be oriented there since their work will mean going back and forth between the hospital morgue and the lab. Mrs. Vilai said they will start by going to the hospital for employee lunch and then the hospital staff will orient to the floors. At 5 pm, they will visit the morgue and the hospital lab and communication system. Mrs. Vilai continued to train Thanh on the computer system at the main office.

Finally lunch hour has arrived and Mrs. Vilai grabbed Ron and Thanh to go to the hospital with her. She told them that former employees will be there to introduce and greet new employees. On the way there, Mrs. Vilai mentioned that there is a really popular ER doctor who she wished to see. He is always absent from these introductions. But, she’d like to pass by the ER to take a glimpse at him. They walked into the ER entrance and Mrs. Vilai stuck her head in the door to greet the receptionist. Her eyes were wandering around trying to get a glimpse at the doctor. Thanh thought Mrs. Vilai was childish to do such a thing, but couldn’t help but laugh to herself. Ron whispered to Thanh, “I thought she was married, why is she like this? Aren’t I pretty good looking too? Why isn’t she all over me?” Thanh burst out laughing. Mrs. Vilai turned around and motioned them to continue to follow her. What Thanh didn’t notice was that as she was laughing, Run had heard her laugh and stuck his head out of one of the rooms and caught a glimpse of her. He was curious as to why she was there.

When he finished in the room, he went to ask the receptionist why that girl was laughing and why Mrs. Vilai was here. The receptionist informed him that they were here for the orientation lunch. Run didn’t know what came over him, but he told the receptionist that he will be leaving for lunch now and to page Dr. Yon that he will be out. He dropped what he was doing and took off his white coat and headed for the employee dining hall. As he walked, the hospital employees all stared at him because he usually doesn’t go wandering in the halls. They began to gossip and follow him to the dining hall. He casually entered and Mr. Khoonpa bumped into him on accident as they were both grabbing for a piece of cake. Mr. Khoonpa was shocked that Dr. Amarin was here. Run had spotted that girl and figured he’ll know who she is since she must be a new employee to be here today. Maybe she has been here forever, but he never noticed before. It’s something about her that makes him curious.

Many of the employees had asked Dr. Amarin why he was here today. He simply stated, “Am I not free to engage in hospital business? Am I not an employee?” Mr. Khoonpa asked Run to sit with him. A bell was rung and the employee director began to talk.
“Welcome new and old.” Everyone began to laugh. “Today we are introducing new employees here at the hospital. We have 10 here at the hospital and 2 new forensics at our sister site. We will begin employees here at the center.” The director asked the team leader of each department to introduce their new employee and that employee would say a couple words. Finally Mrs. Vilai stood up.
“Hello fellow workers, as many of you know, I am going to introduce two new employees at our forensics site. First, I will introduce you to Mr. Ron Wittawat Pikhun. He is our new lab specialist who will be working with the morgue and lab here at the hospital.” Everyone applauded. Ron got up and thanked everyone and said that he will do his best to solve the hospital’s patient’s mysterious deaths. Everyone laughed at his comment. Then he asked Mrs. Vilai if he can introduce the next person. Mrs. Vilai okayed it. Ron then said, “I know that Mrs. Vilai should introduce the next person, but forensics is a fun job and we shall not follow the rules or else we can’t find the truth. I would like to introduce my new boss…Thanh.”

My Critique
See? The sunglasses? He walked out one :p. This one is a more laid back chapter.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter 6: A Request

Everyone applauded. Ron laughed and told everyone he is sorry because he forgot that he never caught on to Thanh’s real name. Mrs. Vilai flushed and smacked Ron’s hand and apologized. Thanh stood up and told Mrs. Vilai that there is no problem. She cleared her throat and said, “Hello everyone. I was such a horrible newbie because I ran out of the office yesterday without properly introducing myself to my colleague, Ron (remember, he was tardy). I am also ashamed that I did not inform Ron of my full name today. But, I hope you forgive me.”

Once Ron said Thanh’s name, Run smiled a bit. He finally caught her name. This mysterious girl had a name. Thanh continued…”My full name is Prathanh…Sinh” Thanh caught her eyes on Niran. She hadn’t noticed him until now and he was sitting across from her the whole time. The person next to Niran was Pirot Khoonpa. He recognized that last name. He felt a stab in his heart and he could feel himself losing his breath. But he sat through the rest of her introduction. “I am lead for the hospital forensics team. I promise to work hard and do my job to the best of my abilities. Please don’t hesitate to get to know me. I do not want to only talk to the dead.” Everyone began to laugh. But then, Niran took his eyes off of Thanh and noticed that Mr. Khoonpa was rapidly breathing. He shouted, “Mr. Khoonpa! Are you okay?” Everyone began to surround him and Thanh stood still. Could he possibly be her father? What was wrong with him? He can’t die the minute he sees his daughter. Shouldn’t he be elsewhere and not in this lowly lunch meeting? He’s part owner of this hospital after all.

While everyone panicked, Thanh dropped to the floor and sobbed. Ron noticed her and assisted her to a chair. Everything moved quickly and the employee director announced that lunch is over and orientation must continue. Ron whispered to Thanh, “Hey you. I know you’re my boss and all, but don’t let him falling ill after you speak get you down. Your words can’t be homicidal. Can it?” Thanh started to feel better and told herself that she had to continue on. This was not how she imagined them meeting. He doesn’t even know that he has a daughter. Maybe it isn’t her father. Her father could be any man in the hospital.

Run treated Mr. Khoonpa for an asthma attack. A heart attack was ruled out. Mr. Khoonpa asked Run not to inform his family and that he will be in his office to rest. Run promised to keep his word. After that he assisted Mr. Khoonpa back to his office. Mr. Khoonpa asked Run to stay a bit longer. “I know that I shouldn’t put this on you. But, I must meet that girl again. Please help me to meet her again.” Run wondered why Mr. Khoonpa would request this. Is he thinking of cheating on his wife? That can’t be. If so, he will fight for this woman. He found her first.

My Critique
Can Mr. Khoonpa possibly be her father? Hmmm??? Hehehe. I probably gave away the answer in the character introductions, or I just gave it away now. But, you never know?? Maybe Mr. Khoonpa isn't Thanh's father. I don't know about you guys, but Ron is pretty darn funny. I wouldn't mind having him work with me on a forensics team :p. I wished I made him into a main character. But, I had too many people already and didn't want to add more stories to take away from the leads. Maybe I'll add him later in the story. I can always change things up a bit.

dancy

sarNie Oldmaid
Thanks for this chapter. OMG I can't to know what going to happened next after what happened at the event. Ron is funny he didn't even caught Thanh’s real name. Ron & Thanh are cutie.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter 7: Meeting

Mr. Khoonpa saw the look on Run’s face. “Don’t think about it. I am not interested in that way. I am just interested in knowing more about the girl. She looks familiar to me, as if I know her from somewhere. Someone I knew had the same exact last name. I want to find out if they are related.”

A sigh of relief came over Run. He agreed to arrange a meeting. Run told Mr. Khoonpa that the girl made him a fool and he needs to contact her anyways. “When will you like to meet her?” “Tomorrow,” said Mr. Khoonpa. Run agreed to work quickly.

He asked the receptionist how long the orientation at the hospital usually lasts. She told him that it ends at 5 today. He told her that he will leave at 5. She paged the on call doctor about the time and Run continued to work. He went to wait by the elevator at 5. It would take several minutes after orientation before getting to the main lobby. Plus, the orientation leader today always goes overtime. Mrs. Vilai, Ron, and Thanh stepped out of the elevator. Thanh didn’t look up as if she lost confidence. There was that sadness of hers again. She didn’t even notice Run. Run grabbed her arms and she noticed. “What are you doing? I need to get back to work.” Run told her that he thought she was done and she can go with him. Ron stepped in and told Run that they have to continue to work at the office site. Then Run said, “I really have to talk to you. Mr. Khoonpa wants to meet you.” Thanh decided to say, “Okay, I get off at 8PM. If you want to talk, find me an apartment.” She asked Ron and Mrs. Vilai to continue on and she will be there in a minute. They left. Then she told Run to find an apartment for her that is around the hospital. If he succeeds to find one that is affordable, he should be waiting for her at 8. And she will talk about a meeting with Mr. Khoonpa. Run thought this girl was too demanding. But, he agreed. He didn’t know why he agreed, but she was hard to say no to.

8 PM
Thanh wondered if Niran found a place for her. If he did, she’d be in so much luck because she didn’t have to do the work herself. But then, why did she think of trusting him so much to have him find a place for her. She should’ve told him that hotels don’t count. She began to think about perverted things that she wanted to erase from her mind. He was definitely easy on the eyes. But, he’s a player. And he’s cocky. She can’t possibly fall for a guy like that. But then, she hasn’t dated anyone in the past. She never opened her heart to anyone. May told her that several men at their school had crushes on her, but were too afraid to come near her. She just ignored love because she wanted to finish school badly.

She put on her coat and stepped out. Someone grabbed her and pushed her against the wall on the side of the building. She was about to scream, but the person covered her mouth and leaned against her to prevent her from moving. Her eyes began to grow in fear and anger, but the voice said, “It’s me.” Thanh recognized that voice even though she’s heard it only three times. She began to relax a little, but she was sweating from his closeness. He loosened up and told her to be quiet, he thinks that today nobody is following him because he decided to actually try to hide from the cameras. He went out the building a different way and the reporters probably think that he’s still working.

“I found a place for you. It’s only three blocks from here. You want to walk there?” Thanh told him that she has to go get her stuff first. As they walked, they were silent. Then Thanh spoke and said, “You know, I’m generally very upfront. My father told me that I could’ve become a lawyer. But, I refused it. So, why are we walking in silence?” Run told her that he usually doesn’t talk much. He only shouts to his coworkers and only talks nicely to patients. And, with the females, he doesn’t have to say anything. He just stares at them. Thanh told him that she has to talk and that she wants to know how much the apartment is and the lease information. Then she said that she wanted to know why Mr. Khoonpa wanted to meet her. Run just told her that he didn’t know why. But, Mr. Khoonpa said that her last name sounded familiar. Run then told her that Mr. Khoonpa usually doesn’t meet with regular employees. His secretary usually does it in his place. He only meets with the doctors and supervisors. But, Thanh must be very special. Thanh thought about going into a depressed state for a bit, but she told herself to be strong and she continued to ask other questions.

They finally reached her motel. She went in and grabbed her things. Run sat on the bed while Thanh found her things. Run stared at Thanh. “She has a good figure. Really cute face. Perhaps too innocent for me. But, nothing at the top. Goong has something at the top. But hers is fake. This woman…or girl. She looks young. Maybe she’s underage. But, if she is, she can’t be done with a bachelor’s in forensics. Oh how I wish that I could just grab her and make her mine right now. But, I can’t let her know that. She made a fool of me last night.” She finally turned around and smiled. “I think I have everything. We should go check out.” Run stood up and he couldn’t control it anymore. He grabbed her waist and lifted her up. He dropped her onto the bed and pinned her legs down and began to kiss her neck. She wiggled to push him off, but he was too strong. She shouted at him to stop. Then she yelled, “I won’t meet Mr. Khoonpa.” He stopped. He stared into her eyes. And said, “I stopped for you two nights in a row. Usually the women I’m with will tell me to continue. You told me to stop. And I stopped. I don’t want you to make a fool of me like you did last night. But, I can forgive you for some reason. I don’t know why. But, I am listening to you. I shouldn’t have done this. Since I forgave you, I hope you would forgive me of this action tonight.”

He laid on top of her for another minute, when she finally told him that she will forget this happened, she pushed him off and he got up. She straightened out her outfit and told him that she may be physically weak in comparison to him, but she is strong emotionally. “Mr. Niran, you are strong physically, but you’re emotionally weak. I can see through you.”

He was silent because she seemed to be right. They walked out the door and Thanh went to check out. They walked five blocks in silence. Inside, the apartment building, Run had covered his face and the landlord walked them to the elevator to the 4th floor. She introduced them to the room and gave them keys. I hope you two have fun living here. Remember this month is free, but pay next month. She left. Before she opened the door, she turned and asked, “Do I know you from somewhere?” Run spoke and said no. The landlord left and Thanh began to talk again. “How did you manage to get this apartment? It is pretty decent. How much is it by the way? And, whose name did you use? I hope that you used my name. How much is the deposit?”

“Stop asking so many questions. I used my alias name of course. And yours too. It’s not expensive. I put a deposit down and you can pay half of it. I guess I will live here too,” said Niran.
“What? I didn’t ask you to live with me. I wanted to live alone. How can you be so inconsiderate? My mom will be pissed if she finds out I’m living with a guy.”

“Calm down,” urged Niran. “I just want a hideout place for myself. I decided that bugging you seems like fun. I probably won’t be here often anyways. I’ll help you pay if that makes it easier on you. Plus, there are no other rooms available around here that is cheap. I promise that I won’t take advantage of you again. You’re too childlike to me. Not sassy enough.”

Thanh was about to say a comeback, but thought she’d keep quiet. Then she said she’ll agree to the arrangement since she doesn’t want to make things harder for herself. Then she looked at the time and it was already 10. She told him she had to work tomorrow and that she doesn’t have time to argue. She went to find the bedroom. “Phew, it’s a two bedroom.” Niran followed her and told her she can pick. He doesn’t care. Thanh picked out the one with her own bathroom since she’s never had a master bedroom before. She slammed the door in Run’s face and locked it.

My Critique
Thanh is so trusting of him. IDK if I can agree to the living arrangement, especially since one thing can lead to another. Oh well, a made up world :p

jeeja

That pushing 2 wall and hand covered, I CAN TOTALLY IMAGINE! :D

Cute, so cute, all their moments. While reading, I kept thing it was a lakorn. ^____^

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter 8: Truth

Run got up early today because he knew that Thanh worked at 8. He had to catch her before she leaves to tell her to meet Mr. Khoonpa at noon. Run will work after noon. He plans to stay at work till midnight so that he can go home and sleep. The bed here was too rough for him. Not like the hotel beds either. Thanh got up and Run was already sitting there eating porridge. At least she took a shower already, but she thought that perhaps Run left to go to a hotel with some girl. But, she was wrong. Thanh walked to the table and asked, “Why are you here?” Run just winked and told her that if he wasn’t here she wouldn’t know what time to meet Mr. Khoonpa. Run also told her that he won’t be there to take her to the office. He gave Thanh all the info she needed. Then Run said, “Prathanh…Why do I give in to you?” He got up and walked out.

Thanh wondered why he said that. Then she realized that he left and she hoped that she wouldn’t be the girl in the tabloids. How can he do this to her? But then she said she had to face it. He is a player and she didn’t do anything wrong. She got ready for work and put on a decent outfit. She was meeting who she thought was her dad today and she had to get the truth out of him today. She must get answers. Then she remembered that she brought the box with her. She went into her room to grab it. She sat on the floor to open it up once more. Since she has made it this far, she decided to go ahead and look at the picture in the book. The picture was on the back cover. It was Mr. Khoonpa! The main who nearly died hearing her talk.

At noon Thanh walked to the hospital. She stepped onto the elevator and wondered how this meeting will go. She wore her necklace hidden behind a scarf. She was a blunt girl who was only quiet in the face of her mother. She can’t let him make her shy too. The elevator doors swung open on the administrative floor. She walked calmly to the receptionist and told her who she was. The receptionist told her to wait for a little bit. Mr. Khoonpa’s son was here to for lunch. All of a sudden, Karn walked out. He was very tall and lean. He looked very professional and he glanced over at Thanh. He gave a little smile and continued on. He put on his sunglasses as the elevator door closed. Thanh couldn’t believe that was her brother. Her father’s new wife must be very beautiful to have a son that looked like that. He was perfect. Not as perfect as the modern day Dr. Niran. But, perfect.

The receptionist told Thanh that she can step into the office. She got up to lead Thanh to the room. Thanh cleared her throat and took a step forward. She almost froze, but his chair was looking out the window. She began to relax a bit and went closer. The receptionist closed the door and his chair spun to face her. He told her to sit down. He told her that he apologized from his attack yesterday. It was not her fault. Then he told her that he wanted more information about her.

She told him that she has a lot to say to him. But, he told her he’d like to ask questions first. He went on to say, “Your last name. It is very similar to a friend’s name that I knew a long time ago. I want to know your relation.” Thanh then said, “Can you tell me if that friend was male or female?” Pirot hesitated a bit, but eventually blurted out she was female. Thanh teared up a bit and asked, “Did you go wait for her?” Pirot said, “I told her to wait for me. She did not.”

Then Thanh said, “Thank you. At least I know you went. Do you know my relation to her?...I am…I am Prathanh. Prathanh Sinh. I am, I am, I am Mornnapa Sinh’s daughter.” Pirot couldn’t believe it. Pirot asked, “She had a daughter? With that character who came into my office 21 years ago?” Thanh began to get angry, she got up and opened the door, but then her conscience told her to go back and finish this off. She left the door open a bit. “You. How can you think of such a thing? My father is the best father in the world. He loved my mother, in which you never did. You, how can I accept you as a father? I was glad to hear that you went to see her. But, that comment that you blurted out is unforgiving. How can you think of mother in such a way? 21 years ago, I was born. I had a father when I was born. He took great care of me. Not like you! You bastard! You should’ve gone with him the day that he came to see you. You shouldn’t have waited a moment longer because you lost her. You lost me because of your stupidity!” She then took off her scarf and ripped the necklace off. “Here, this belongs to you. I don’t need this to prove my identity anymore. I don’t need you to know that I am produced from what you call love for my mother.”

All the while, Run had decided to spy on Thanh to make sure she was okay. He couldn’t just let her meet Mr. Khoonpa on her own without making sure the meeting went well. Now he had heard her last remarks after she had opened the door. Mr. Khoonpa seemed like a family man. How could he have another daughter? There must be a mistake. But Thanh’s voice sounded so serious. She sounded so sad. She was in real agony. As she rushed towards the door, Run went to hid behind a wall. Thanh rushed out towards the staircase. Run decided to run after her. Something in his heart made him want to be there for her.

The stairwell filled with cries and Run could hear it along with her pace down the steps. All he wanted to do was catch up to her and hold her. Thanh kept running and instead of walking out onto the lobby, she kept going down to the basement. She ran and remembered there was a storage room there that she can hide and calm down for a while. As she closed the door behind her, a hand grabbed her wrist and pushed her inside. Thanh came face to face with Run with her are elbow flexed and Run holding her wrist with one hand. He said, “Just let it all out.” Thanh continued to sob. It seemed like hours had passed for Run because this girl is crying so much and he didn’t know what to do to comfort her. Finally after 10 minutes, Thanh said, “Okay. I am done. Thank you for trying to help.” She walked out and kept going.

Run wanted to keep going after her, but he decided that perhaps she needed to be alone for a little while. He will not go home tonight. He will not go to a hotel tonight. He will go to the apartment tonight.

My Critique​

I try to read the chapter before I post it up for all to read, but I've gotten lazy lately to reread what I write.​

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
That pushing 2 wall and hand covered, I CAN TOTALLY IMAGINE! :D

Cute, so cute, all their moments. While reading, I kept thing it was a lakorn. ^____^
haha, right? I keep thinking it is a lakorn too. Thanks to the "you know you're watching a thai lakorn" topic I was able to really bring in some of those things to write my story. :p hehe.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter 9: Escaping Paparazzi

It was 8PM and Thanh had stopped thinking about earlier in the day. She didn’t want nonsense to interfere with her job. Ron had offered to walk her home since he missed out doing that yesterday by staying overtime to finish a lab. Thanh denied his offer, but he kept begging. So Thanh gave in. As they walked Ron came up with many questions and jokes to make her laugh. When they got to the apartment, Thanh told Ron he didn’t have to go inside and thanked him for being a wonderful escort. He told her it was no problem because that’s what friends do.

Since Run had planned to be present for Thanh at the apartment, he decided to leave work early and not leave until morning. Today he figured that it wouldn’t matter if paparazzi followed him since they haven’t gotten news from last night because he exited the hospital a different way. They probably don’t know his schedule because they missed out seeing him leave the building. As he left, someone was following him. He made it to his car and was about to open it when someone wrapped their arms around his waist. “Run, honey, why haven’t you called me? I miss you so much. It’s been two weeks. Have you been with that Goong woman?” It was Ma. She was a friend of Annie Khoonpa. Annie used to be like a little sister to him before he got engaged, but they drifted apart. As soon as the love of his life passed, this girl pounced on him quickly and he took the opportunity. Now he fully regrets it. Especially today because he wanted to get to Thanh. He removed her grip and she jumped into the backseat before he got into the front. He drove off anyways and Ma started to get into the front seat. Ma begged for them to go to a five star hotel this time because she wanted a softer bed. He entered the hotel garage and pulled Ma along with him. They made it to their room and he started to pull off her clothes and push her on the bed. As he was about to undress himself, he realized that all he sees is Thanh. She is telling him to stop. So, he pushed off and stopped. He sat back up on the edge of the bed with Ma wondering why he stopped. He started to button up his shirt and grabbed a book to sit and read. Ma kept trying to pester him, but he ignored her. Finally he couldn’t take it anymore and told her to stop yapping and go to bed or leave. She went to bed. He left money and a note saying, “Here’s your last. I don’t want to be with you any longer. I have someone else in mind.”

He left at one in the morning and went home to get clothes for the apartment. But then he realized that he had left the key at the hospital in his coat pocket. He could go back to the hospital to get it, but he can’t let the staff know that his mind isn’t on work at this point. He kept thinking about Thanh’s crying. He kept thinking about what he heard. He contemplated whether he should let Mr. Khoonpa know that he had eavesdropped on the conversation or not. He couldn’t believe that Mr. Khoonpa had another daughter. Annie would be hurt to know that she isn’t the only daughter. But, maybe Thanh isn’t Mr. Khoonpa’s daughter. Maybe she lied. She is different after all. Run didn’t want to believe that what he heard was true because Thanh is hurt and so is everyone else involved in the situation.

By 11AM, Run had just barely awaken. He fell asleep during his pondering thoughts. Thanh would be at work already. He decided to call in sick today and get ready to move to the apartment. He was going to buy a new bed to place there. From now on he will go there instead of hotels. He checked his phone and there were 20 text messages from different women. He decided to text, “I will not being seeing you again.” And send them to all of the girls on his phone. Finally, he submitted it. After doing that he wondered why he is giving up fooling around with girls. He is giving up working today. For heaven’s sake, he called in sick.

The maid brought the paper over and it turns out that the news about Ma was there. She had stayed the rest of the night. One reporter got a picture of Run leaving at one. Run had to think of a way to make it to the apartment without someone getting a picture of him. He’ll do this by actually getting the driver to drive him. The driver leaves to run errands for the cook anyways, so he can drive Run. At first the driver was shocked, but agreed. When they reached the apartment, the driver said, “Mr. Run. I am so happy that you have a smile on your face.” Throughout the ride, Run thought about the first time seeing Thanh and their close encounters. He was smiling at those thoughts and the driver had caught glimpses of it through the rearview mirror.

My Critique​

Lots of Run's thoughts in this chapter. He's starting to really think about Thanh as a whole and not just looks. But he is also very cautious and unaware of what he truly is feeling. I guess Thanh is mysterious to Run and she's not after him like all the other females that came into his life after his fiance died. Thanh made him step out of his usual routine and I guess going back to the sane world.

At the beginning of the chapter I also added a Ron and Thanh scene. I know that he seems like he can be a supporting character, but I just can't add too much to the story. I should've casted someone as him. But, I can't think of anyone who would be perfect for this role. Anybody have ideas of who they imagine Ron as? Remember, he's around Thanh's age and he seems like a quirky guy. A cool friend to have.​

dancy

sarNie Oldmaid
The being part of the chapter with Ron & Thanh are sweet. Ron try to take Thanh home. What Ron sleep with Ma? I don't think I would want Thanh to be with Ron after he slept with Ma. lol

jeeja

Dang, he's hella falling in luv w/ Thanh. so sweet :wub:

Can't wait for the next chapter...........

kab hnub

sarNie Hatchling
The being part of the chapter with Ron & Thanh are sweet. Ron try to take Thanh home. What Ron sleep with Ma? I don't think I would want Thanh to be with Ron after he slept with Ma. lol

Dang, he's hella falling in luv w/ Thanh. so sweet :wub:

Can't wait for the next chapter...........

agreed. i like how these chapters are more settle on them. thanks for the great update. feel free to PM me anytime. i don't go on often, but when i do i'll try my best to catch up with the FF.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter 10: Exploring the Human Body

Thanh came home that night not expecting Run to be there. Run had requested a key from the landlord to get in from the morning. Dinner was prepared and set. Thanh had just eaten an hour ago before getting off work. Her training is almost over and she will start working at the hospital more often. And that means late nights. Ron already got started with things since he does labs. But, Thanh had to learn administrative work and forensics filing and case management. Even though she had already eaten, Thanh felt bad if she didn’t eat what was prepared for her. Besides, all this food would be wasted and it could’ve been given to orphans. Run came out of his room and told her to sit. She obeyed. They sat staring at each other. Then, Thanh finally said, “Hey, thanks for this. And thanks for yesterday.” Run asked her if everything was true. He had heard everything and wants to help. Thanh just told him that she has found her answer and there is no need to think about it any further. After Thanh ate, she finally asked, “Aren’t you supposed to be at work or a hotel somewhere?” Run told her he’d rather be here. He actually misses not doing anything. Thanh laughed. She went to her room and closed the door.

Run went to clean the dishes, something he hasn’t done in the longest time. But he did it. His heart was getting softer by the seconds. He went into his room afterwards and laid thinking about what Thanh is thinking right now and what she is doing right now and fell asleep.

While asleep, Run felt a finger stoking his stomach. Then a body slowly creeping on top of him. He opened his eyes and saw a female figure. The person lifted up her head and stared into Run’s eyes. It was Thanh. She smiled. “You know, as a thank you present I’d like to give you something. I’m sure you won’t refuse it.” She giggled and crawled up more. “So, you were just playing hard to get all this time,” thought Run.

Run began to tense not expecting this. This was exciting. For the first time he’s afraid of a women initiating things. He was no longer aggressive. It felt weird. He could feel Thanh’s movement on top of him and all her curves. He never knew she had curves. Her silk night gown was silky and smooth. Thanh began to nibble on his ear and moved closer to his lips. She closed her eyes and Run began to close his. He could feel her breath and she got closer to his lips. Then he felt her lips and it locked against his…All of a sudden, the most annoying sound rang.

My Critique​

Keep enjoying the story. I know, short chapter, but More to come.​