[ONEHD] Ngao Asoke 2016 (EXACT) Sean Jindachot/ Esther Supreelela

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
I personally don't think Kim and Joy look anything alike. Joy is Thai while Kim is half German with strong mixed features. They look completely different. Their eyebrows are drawn so of course they look thick. I also don't see any similarities between Tik and Push. Then again, it's all about perception. You may perceive some things differently than myself so you can see similarities while I don't. I read Anne's interview. She didn't cast Kim and James because they looked like Joy and Pol so I really don't know where that notion came from. Reporters were asking Anne if Kim is her favorite and she said that it's not that she's her favorite. Kim was casted again for her fourth production because at the time, no other actress's queue was available. It was a coincidence that Kim was available for her again. And I can't name one remake whose characters looked similar to the original. They were all different. I think that's why a lot people complain because remakes never are similar to the original, even the cast. Like, Kate in Leh Ratree is supposed to be a halfie and Esther isn't mixed with Caucasian. She's part Malyasian. 

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
Yeah. It is all perception. I see similarities between them just like how I see similarities between Michael P. and Toomtam. Some people see it while some others don't. So everyone's perception is just different. Anne may not have specifically said, "Yes, I casted Kim and James because they look similar to Pol and Joy" but just from my own observations from many other cases and then judging from their case, I believe that was one of the reasons. And I mean, it would've been funny if Anne did say flat out, "One of the reasons I chose Kim and James is because they look like Pol and Joy." Lol. It's a conscious, yet silent decision some producers/directors make when casting someone and deciding who is suitable for a role in a remake. They don't have to declare it as one of the reasons why they chose an actor or actress for a role, but they likely discussed it when considering the actor/actress for the role. Because that's the only reason that would explain why some actors look similar to the actors from the originals. It's not a coincidence. The producers have to consciously make that decision to cast someone who somewhat resembles the actor from the original, in order for that person to look so similar to the actor from the original. But again, like you said, everyone's perception is different so I and some people may think certain actors look similar while you and some others might not. I mean, people thought Yaya should've been cast in Prissana because she looks similar to Taya. In the same way, I've always thought Kim should be cast in SNP because she looks similar to Joy.

Also, Anne may not have said, "Kim is my favorite and that's why I keep using her" but her actions alone already prove it. It wouldn't be appropriate for her to say, "Yes, Kim is my favorite", so of course she'll deny it. Just like how Aom doesn't have to declare that Vill is her favorite or that she adores Vill, but we all know it's true because her actions already prove it. How much Anne praises Kim and how close she is to Kim is already enough proof that Anne absolutely adores Kim and sees a lot of potential in her. I mean, Anne literally said that Kim reminds her of herself when she was younger. It can't get much clearer than that. And now she's coaching Kim to become like her, or moreso, to reach her level of success. It's kind of like how people naturally look up to others who they feel are like themselves. Likewise, people naturally feel the need or the desire to mentor and guide those who are younger than them and who they feel are like them when they were younger. It's because they feel they can relate to them. This is the case with Anne-Kim, Aom-Vill and Jeab-Jui.

I saw the interview too. It's not that NO ONE'S queue was available and that Anne was left with Kim. Lol. With so many actresses at Ch.3, I highly doubt not a single one was available that Anne would be willing to work with. Anne said that one of the reasons why she casted Kim was because HER queue was available. Anne didn't mention anyone else's queue or that she had anyone else in mind. And again, like the girls and I were discussing on the PCKNMCPW thread from the very beginning, Anne most likely had to WAIT for Kim's queue to be available because she specifically wanted Kim for her fourth production. Kim's schedule was inconsistent and thus Anne wasn't even sure if Kim would be available to act for her. That's why it took so long for the confirmation of the cast.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
I'm not sure if there was a video but I read the article from KCL, I think. Well, not all the actress were unavailable but the ones she would like were probably unavailable. Anne and Kim's queue were the same since they were both shooting ARO. After ARO, it'd make sense for Kim to be free and available for Anne again. Anne definitely favors Kim and no one's questioning that. She also likes Yaya too but can never get her queue so I think there's still more room left in her biased heart for other people. She just has to get the opportunity to work with some new people to discover new found love for them. 

One thing we can agree on is that I think Mike and Toomtam kind of resemble each other at first sight. Taya and Yaya can be sisters. 

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
Kim's queue was inconsistent because of her being cast in Gum Lai Mat, being switched to NRTR, having another unconfirmed lakorn, and then having an inconsistent filming schedule for NRTR. So actually, Anne wasn't even sure if Kim would be available for her. The cast of PCKNMCPW took almost, if not, half a year to be confirmed. Anne had to wait for Kim's schedule to be cleared, so that means she had Kim in mind for her fourth production from the start. She was willing to stick through waiting for Kim because she specifically wanted Kim. If there were really others she'd wanted, she'd have waited for them also.

Also, judging from Anne's work ethic as an actress and a producer, I doubt she made her decision to cast Kim in PCKNMCPW overnight. That's why I said she had Kim in mind for her fourth production from the start. Maybe even since filming ABO. Her produced lakorns always take forever (a year or longer) to film and edit so the beginning process of deciding what lakorn to produce and who to cast have to be just as long, if not longer. Anne takes a long time for her work because she's a perfectionist and wants everything to turn out great. If Kim happened to be the only actress available then that means Anne made her decision at the last minute and rushed to cast Kim in her production. Because again, even Kim wasn't available herself. So I highly doubt Anne had anyone else in mind. If Anne was willing to wait for Kim, she wanted Kim for her production.

Kim is Anne's favorite, but of course, it doesn't mean that she can't like anyone else. There definitely could be room in Anne's heart for more people once she starts working with others. Just like how Vill is Aom's favorite but there definitely could be room in Aom's heart for more people too if she starts working with others. At the end of the day, every producer/production/director is still going to have that one actor or actress that they favor and that they use the most. As long as Mo works with Aom once as nang'ek, and Matt works with Anne once, it's all good.

"peace"

sarNie Tombstone
Mahalo said:
I'm not sure if there was a video but I read the article from KCL, I think. Well, not all the actress were unavailable but the ones she would like were probably unavailable.

here is the vdo where anne answered about why she choose kim in pcknmcpw  start min 1:01 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrPh4WlOSkA

what i understood from anne is she wanted kim from the start she match the character and she want her to work with other actors and gain experience and luckily kim's queue was available so i don't think she had someone else in her mind 

PS i'm sorryyyyy for the fans in this thread who's following it for ES and Sean i just wanted to post this only  :blush:

:eek:fftopic:  :eek:fftopic:  :eek:fftopic:

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Yes, her queue was simultaneously available like I said. If not, she would have had to choose a different actress because she did say that she wants Kim to experience working with others too. Anne was just lucky that Kim was available on top of the fact that she sees Kim matching the role. As a producer, you can't always sit around and wait for the queue of the actor you want or else you will never get started on the production. So I doubt Anne would've postponed production just to wait for Kim. She wanted Yaya in her lakorn before too and she didn't wait so she casted Kim in PCKK instead. 

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
Anne wanted Kim to experience working with others besides Mark, and that was one of the reasons why she casted James with Kim for her fourth production.

Anne did have to postpone production to wait for Kim, and evidently, she was willing to wait for six or so months. Because again, Kim wasn't guaranteed to be available because of GLM, NRTR, NRTR's filming and another unconfirmed project. Anne was willing to wait because she saw Kim as perfect for the role of Anusaya. Anne was lucky because Kim eventually got her schedule cleared and was able to act for her. If it'd been longer, Anne probably wouldn't have waited any longer, just like how she didn't wait for Yaya for PCKK.

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
Anyways, sorry for being off topic Sean and Esther fans. My initial post was just to predict which version of Ngao Asoke they were going to remake, and give my reasons as to why I think they're going to remake that version, which is that I think Esther shares a resemblance to Pueng (but that's just my opinion). I had no intention of prolonging the discussion about Push-Lily and Kim or even KimJa since they were only examples I used to back up my statement about actors in remakes looking like actors in the originals. I just wanted to explain myself and my point of view. This will be my last unrelated post on this thread. :shutup:

xodxo

Trapped in MueyxTian's World! ❤️
Im not sure if Kim is Anne's bias, but for I know Anne is NOT very confident in other newbie actresses' acting skills, so she keeps booking Kim. Anne truly confides in Kim's acting, she has mentioned before Kim reminds her a lot of her young self. I think Anne keeps booking Kim because Kim's acting is solid and stable, and it won't debunk Anne's rookie production. Anne doesn't take risks, she chooses carefully. Once Thong Entertainment is stabilized and independent, Anne will definitely branch out and use other new faces. Just my two cents!

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
I bet I know who Mim is playing...Pah, Wiyada's sister. Watch me be right. Lol. She looks like Mod.

So Mim has two upcoming lakorns? This one and Nork Jai?

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I was into reading about Anne and Kim...her lakorn with James when Kriss mentioned about it start shooting, I was confused. I thought the lakorn with Kim/James already started.

Kim is Anne biased...there's just no way around it. I used to think it would be cool for Matt to be in Anne's production but I really don't care anymore. Matt is set in her skills now that she's fine with any productions. BUT Matt is NoK's girl so it worked out fine. Besides, if she really leave in a couple of years, I want her to work with as many productions and as many actors as possible. She has to spread her talent around lol

But yes, every productions has their biased that's the way it has been. There are a few that's lucky enough to float around and survive but then there are those that gets to be a favorite. It is only part of business.

Step

Mrs James Ma
I just read about Anne, Kim here now lol. Everybody has their favourites so why blame Anne and Kim :shrug:

In last few months I have seen so much of Sean and Esther (in magazines), I'm so happy to watch them again. I like Esther only with Sean cos she suits with him only lol

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Anne adored Yaya even before she began working with Kim. Anne adored Yaya so much during the Game Ruk Game Rai era that Anne even went to the filming sets on her own free time without being paid to watch Yaya act and coached her. It's just that Yaya has been so busy plus she doesn't take on too many projects due to being a full time student, too, so the chance hasn't come yet for Anne and Yaya to collaborate.

Casting a certain actor or actress has nothing to do with having physical similarities to the previous versions. Remakes are done by different production companies who can care less about the new cast looking like the old cast. Actually, they don't care if the cast fulfills the required physical characteristics of the roles or not just like you guys had mentioned about Great not looking Chinese at all YET still received the role. Great is Maker's favorite, they're going to cast him no matter what, same goes for everyone else. Each production company has their favorites and actors/actresses in mind already whether they fit or not. They will make it fit by the end of the lakorn. Just like how P'Off casted Ananda and Kim as Chinese in Seur.

To be honest, I don't see much similarities between Kim and Joy or James and Pol or any other actor/actress mentioned in here. I think it's more of a psychological thing where if you search enough for similarities, you'll find them.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Oh, forgot to mention, people or fans keep thinking that Push keeps getting Tik roles because they look alike when in reality, that has nothing to do with it. Push has been getting a few Tik roles because Push is Exact's new Tik, who is good looking, extremely famous, and attracting a new wave of people over to Exact/One HD plus the Tik roles Push has been receiving are from previous relatively successful lakorns. Push is like the face of One HD right now, of course, they're going to give him the best roles and who's roles were those back in the days? Tik's.

Tik and Push looking nothing alike. Sure, they're both good looking so it's easier to connect some dots between them but really? They don't. Push, initially, looked more like Ji Chang Wook to me, but after Push kept fixing a few things, they're starting to look more different now.

lakornblog

sarNie Hatchling
:) Am I only one that thinks of Ek and Ae's Ngao Asoke version when they starred in this lakorn before the Pong and Pueng remake? -- Everyone seems to be comparing the most recent and not the Ngao Asoke prior to Pong's. Ah... back when Jamie Bouher was an Elegant Bitch in all her nang rai roles.

But then again, I just might be showing my old age. hahahaha <3 I'm looking forward to another Esther lakorn!