pee pob in laos

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
lol....I'd be the one that people think would make it all the way through but does something stupid and dies half way through the movie.
Yeah, at least the audience would be cheering for you to make it though. The audience doesn't even like me. They'd be like "why is he still alive? Die already!"

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
I don't know if it's true or not...but my parents and uncle are from laos and he said he slept with one before...not knowing that she was a peepob...This was a long long time ago though when they use to live in laos!

JuiMyLove

sarNie Egg
So, how did your uncle find out later that the person whom he just slept with was a pee pob? And did the pee pob try to eat him? It just makes one fret about their safety when visiting Laos because you won't know the ghost-related background of most of the indigenous people. I also heard (and have seen in some movies) that pee pob feasts mainly on animal intestines and infrequently on human intestines. :unsure:

And do people believe that dogs can detect pee pobs or other ghosts? I mean, in Lao and Thai ghost movies/lakorns, the howling or unusual barking of dogs often foreshadow the appearance of a ghost. Even in the Western world, dogs and wolves often howl whenever dracula or other ghosts would appear. Dogs see in black and white because they have very little of the cones in human eyes, which are used to detect color. So are there special tissues or neurons in dogs that allow them to detect ghosts? If there are, can humans scientifically pinpoint them?

PS to Liberty, for your experiment, having a dog somewhere in the proximity may come in handy. Well, according to most ghost movies anyway... :p

Also, how do ka ta's work? Are specific ghost inhibitor signals (wavelength or special transmittance medium) transmitted from the person generating the ka ta and then when blown onto the ghost, the ghost is suppose to feel pain or inhibited in a certain way? Or is a ka ta used to call a white spirit, angel, or spiritual guardian to help drive the ghost away?

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
I have no clue...don't remember...I also remember even here some people i know have little red sticker thingys with chinese letterings stuck to their door to protect them from evil spirits from comin in or something.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
So, how did your uncle find out later that the person whom he just slept with was a pee pob? And did the pee pob try to eat him? It just makes one fret about their safety when visiting Laos because you won't know the ghost-related background of most of the indigenous people. I also heard (and have seen in some movies) that pee pob feasts mainly on animal intestines and infrequently on human intestines. :unsure:

And do people believe that dogs can detect pee pobs or other ghosts? I mean, in Lao and Thai ghost movies/lakorns, the howling or unusual barking of dogs often foreshadow the appearance of a ghost. Even in the Western world, dogs and wolves often howl whenever dracula or other ghosts would appear. Dogs see in black and white because they have very little of the cones in human eyes, which are used to detect color. So are there special tissues or neurons in dogs that allow them to detect ghosts? If there are, can humans scientifically pinpoint them?

PS to Liberty, for your experiment, having a dog somewhere in the proximity may come in handy. Well, according to most ghost movies anyway... :p

Also, how do ka ta's work? Are specific ghost inhibitor signals (wavelength or special transmittance medium) transmitted from the person generating the ka ta and then when blown onto the ghost, the ghost is suppose to feel pain or inhibited in a certain way? Or is a ka ta used to call a white spirit, angel, or spiritual guardian to help drive the ghost away?
It's not just dogs, it's cats too. They see things a little differently then humans do. Supposedly children can see spirits too because they're still young and that certain part of their brain is still open to it, as you get older the things you're taught to believe starts shutting the doors in that part of your brain.
I'm not positive about cats but I know scientifically dogs can see color (even though for a long time it was thought that they could only see in black and white), they just see color in a different way than humans, they see it on a different spectrum (I know this because I had to do a story on an eye lecture by a famous professor of physics.).
In a couple of books I've read on other worldly beings, it's theorized that they live parallel to the human world but can only be seen by people who are mentally open to see them, by children and by animals because their world is supposedly on a different wavelength from ours. When I say other worldly, I don't just mean spirits, I mean faeries, angels, etc.

My friend's husband's friend/co-worker is one of those people who can see spirits. We all had lunch together and he was telling us about all of his experiences, he and his wife are soul mates (the twin flame kind) and they both have the ability to see spirits, except she can hear them and see them. He can only see them. He was telling us about a show he saw a few years back, they were doing an experiment with a group of psychics and mediums, as well as with the TV viewers, it was broadcast live. They asked the views to watch an iron gate outside of a building, maybe a church, can't remember and call in to tell them what they see if they see anything. They didn't tell the viewers what they were suppose to see or a background story, their might or might not be a spirit. Anyway, some viewers called in and saw the upper half of a man impaled in the iron gate, others saw the bottom half. At the end of the experiment it explained that a man had fallen on the iron gates and died there. The reason why some people saw the upper half or just the bottom half is because their brain is able to see things on a different wavelength and the man's body, the different halves, were in different wavelengths. Completely creeped me out.

I have no idea what ka ta is, what's the English word for it?

JuiMyLove

sarNie Egg
I was being lazy when I wrote that dogs see in black and white. Generally, dogs have about--let me try to recall--20% cones in their eyes, and these cones are scattered in the eyes. They're not concentrated in a fovea like human eyes are arranged. So yeah, dogs can see certain colors. I think they are color-blind to the red and the green spectra, but they still don't see yellow, blue, and a few other colors as clearly as humans can see them. Simply put, dogs have poorer vision than humans do. They have only about 2 cones (we have 3), but because of their larger rod count, they see better in the dark (evolutionary dogs have always been nocturnal so they use their vision for different purposes than we do). Anyway, it's been a long time since I studied about vision.

So how was that tv ghost experiment conducted? Was it shown live? Or televised after it was taped? You know, these tv folks can easily modify the tape after completion. Say, they can add the upper half to the tape and then televise to only a selected region. And then in other regions they can television the tape with the lower half shown. Was the scene in the dark? Different people have different amounts of cones and rods in their eyes and they may have different lens, pupil, and retina sizes, so not everyone will see anything with the exact same image. I'm not trying to sound bitter or anything, I would just like to know more about this experiment. :)

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I was being lazy when I wrote that dogs see in black and white. Generally, dogs have about--let me try to recall--20% cones in their eyes, and these cones are scattered in the eyes. They're not concentrated in a fovea like human eyes are arranged. So yeah, dogs can see certain colors. I think they are color-blind to the red and the green spectra, but they still don't see yellow, blue, and a few other colors as clearly as humans can see them. Simply put, dogs have poorer vision than humans do. They have only about 2 cones (we have 3), but because of their larger rod count, they see better in the dark (evolutionary dogs have always been nocturnal so they use their vision for different purposes than we do). Anyway, it's been a long time since I studied about vision.

So how was that tv ghost experiment conducted? Was it shown live? Or televised after it was taped? You know, these tv folks can easily modify the tape after completion. Say, they can add the upper half to the tape and then televise to only a selected region. And then in other regions they can television the tape with the lower half shown. Was the scene in the dark? Different people have different amounts of cones and rods in their eyes and they may have different lens, pupil, and retina sizes, so not everyone will see anything with the exact same image. I'm not trying to sound bitter or anything, I would just like to know more about this experiment. :)
lol...no it was a psychic experiment, physically, there's nothing actually there because not everyone viewing it could see it. What he told me was that he viewed it live, I mean viewed it actually live as it was being shot so that people can call in real time. I think I know what he's talking about though, I remember watching something like that but this was back when I was in jr. high but just vaguely remember it. I wouldn't have even thought about it again had he not told us the story. So I don't know the exact detail, all I know is that it was shown live. I can't remember what he said but I think he said that shot of the iron gate was done during the day, so it wasn't dark. I wish I knew what it was called though.

JuiMyLove

sarNie Egg
Maybe in your spare time you can fetch that video on YouTube. It seems like YouTube has everything... :p

So a psychic (or was it a group of psychics) conducting that experiment on other psychics? That's interesting. You said that some viewers were able to detect different halves of the ghost. But how did the psychics do?

You know what would be interesting? But first, I'll assume that the psychic (or psychics) conducting the experiment must have been able to detect the ghost. Otherwise, there would be no point to the experiment if they could not visually detect the ghost. Anyway, the eyes of the psychic are arranged biologically so that they can detect the ghost and hence send signals to the brain to confirm the image (unless, of course, if the detection of ghosts goes beyond the human boundary and into another form of detection system). Let's also assume that the internal parts/nerves of their eyes are arranged slightly different than the average human being and hence these psychics, but not ordinary people, are able to see ghosts. In the mechanical world, cameras are the closest things to imitate the human eyes. My point is the following: why won't we (in this case, the scientists) perform vigorous scientific research on the biological eyes of these psychics who supposedly can detect ghosts? The scientists will study everything from the shapes of every parts that make up the eye, the rod/cone ratio and amount, the ganglion cells, and all parts of the brain (just in case there is an unknown part of the brain that is triggered by the response to the ghost stimuli and therefore allows for its detection). So after this extensive research is performed, we'll have a bunch of physicists, engineers, and mathematicians to analyze the data so that a super camera can be built that will best imitate the eyes and sensory organs of these psychics. What do you think?

Btw, I don't know much about ka tas. But I do know that people can cast ka tas on ghosts to drive them away. Ka tas are phrases or short sentences that people summon repeatedly (either in their mind or verbally saying it) and then blow it onto the ghost. Anyone who knows more about ka tas have a better description?

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Maybe in your spare time you can fetch that video on YouTube. It seems like YouTube has everything... :p

So a psychic (or was it a group of psychics) conducting that experiment on other psychics? That's interesting. You said that some viewers were able to detect different halves of the ghost. But how did the psychics do?

You know what would be interesting? But first, I'll assume that the psychic (or psychics) conducting the experiment must have been able to detect the ghost. Otherwise, there would be no point to the experiment if they could not visually detect the ghost. Anyway, the eyes of the psychic are arranged biologically so that they can detect the ghost and hence send signals to the brain to confirm the image (unless, of course, if the detection of ghosts goes beyond the human boundary and into another form of detection system). Let's also assume that the internal parts/nerves of their eyes are arranged slightly different than the average human being and hence these psychics, but not ordinary people, are able to see ghosts. In the mechanical world, cameras are the closest things to imitate the human eyes. My point is the following: why won't we (in this case, the scientists) perform vigorous scientific research on the biological eyes of these psychics who supposedly can detect ghosts? The scientists will study everything from the shapes of every parts that make up the eye, the rod/cone ratio and amount, the ganglion cells, and all parts of the brain (just in case there is an unknown part of the brain that is triggered by the response to the ghost stimuli and therefore allows for its detection). So after this extensive research is performed, we'll have a bunch of physicists, engineers, and mathematicians to analyze the data so that a super camera can be built that will best imitate the eyes and sensory organs of these psychics. What do you think?

Btw, I don't know much about ka tas. But I do know that people can cast ka tas on ghosts to drive them away. Ka tas are phrases or short sentences that people summon repeatedly (either in their mind or verbally saying it) and then blow it onto the ghost. Anyone who knows more about ka tas have a better description?

I have no idea who was conducting the experiment but I know that the experiment was only part of the show, it was a special done years ago that was testing out other stuff about the paranormal that was just one tasks.

lol I'm fine with testing people's abilities, I'd just hate to be in their seat and have people poke around at me.

But seriously, even so, there's a possibility that scientists will or will not find something because although we're family advance in our science and technology, we don't know everything yet that's why scientists are constantly trying to improve on things. Like when people thought the world was flat and for a while it was a fact until someone came along with the ability to prove otherwise. A fact is a fact until someone develops a new technology or science that can prove otherwise.

I've noticed a trend in interest towards the paranormal in the last 3-4 years and it's increasing. If you watch TV there are more and more shows about ghosts hunters, myth hunters, etc. People are coming up with equipments to try to prove the existence of spirits, things people thought wasn't possible or possible to prove, it just takes time. It's gotten to a point where you can even call it another form of science. As for the psyshic thing, hard to say for sure if it's in the eyes or in the brains that allows them to see what they see. The eye thing was just from what I've heard and read in a few books but like I mentioned earlier, it's just a theory. It would be interesting if someone did decide to conduct an extensive experiment though.
I think most things are relatively possible if you just look at what animals are capable of that we aren't, or supposedly we aren't because humans have evolved differently. Like how some animals can communicate telepathetically and how dolphins sleep, half of their brain is in sleep mode and the other half is still active.
I think anything is possible considering how much untapped potential our brain has, we only use so much of it at any given time, imagine what we can do if we learned to use more of it at a time. But I'm the type to still be skeptical.

So Ka Ta's is like an exorcism? I've actually had that done at my childhood home, it's a long story though but seemed to have worked, I'm still not totally convinced it was a spirit though.

JuiMyLove

sarNie Egg
One of these days, some scientists are going to crack open a portal that leads to another dimension beyond time and space. When will this day come? When our technology is riped enough and our knowledge abundant. What will this dimension be? We will see when the time arrives. Does this idea sound ridiculous? Absolutely not. Thus far, our visual and spatial perspectives are limited to the fourth dimension, time. We simply cannot detect the higher dimensions because we cannot sense them. Do ghosts exist in the higher dimensions? Very likely. As far as I'm concerned, I think that if you exist in a certain dimension, then you will perceive in that dimension and every dimension below it. A few organism may perceive a higher dimension. It is why not all of us can see ghosts: because ghosts exist at a greater dimension than we do. Of course, all this is a hypothesis, and as much as some people might think it sounds ridiculous, it cannot be refuted nor can it be supported (yet).

Can we communicate with a higher being that exists in a higher dimension? Well, it depends on one's perspective, and I will refrain from this topic because of its potential to generate much unwanted controversies.

I'm a big fan of science. But I think science in the human realm is fruitless. I think the existence of human beings on earth will be too short for us to find any advancement or technology that will help us escape from the earth's demise. The earth will be unhabitable for human beings in what, one million years? The earth's destruction of human beings is currently up to debate, as our species could face mass extinction at the force of a massive asteroid striking earth, the gamma ray of a nearby exploding supernova bombarding earth with radiation, or even alien species taking control of the earth. Human being progress in science has been quite fascinating in the last couple of centuries, but science is also approaching a threshold, and once it reaches the point, we'll have maxed out in our human knowledge and potential. Can I be wrong? Certainly. But I wouldn't bet against it.

Anway, you may ask, "what is my point to all of this?" All I have to say is, "I have no point." Whether one believes it or not, or whether someone tries really hard to prove than an entity exists or not, it is a fruitless. Something that exists although we don't know that it exists is existing. Something that doesn't exist although we believe that it exists may or may not exist. And even that entity won't be perceived exactly in the same way in your eyes, my eyes, or my dog's eyes. Because of such a discrepancy, the same entity exists in different ways to different organisms or members of the group of organisms.

I have absolutely no knowledge about what I am about to hypothesize, because it will come out of the blues. But here it goes. I think the main way we see ghosts is because after someone or something dies and enters another dimension, some spirits come back because they are still attached to something in the lower dimension(s).

Happy New Year, Liberty. :)

nina07

sarNie Adult
dude the pee pob scares the shiznits out of me! my dad told me that my uncle was like possesed from one when they were little too..and i asked him like how did you know he was possesed? he said, "because his eyes were red and he was saying that pee pob was inside of him" and i was like OMFG.. and then they had to bring a monk into take the spirit out of him and when they did, he passed out..freak-a-link...soo scarry..haha..but yeah my friend was like, hey i watched a pee pob movie and like my parents would say that they're everywhere in laos..and umm their like always darkk..and weird..iono what he told me..but it was a long time ago and im having trouble remembering some of it..because im like confusing it with pood mae nam kong and - iono i dont live in laos..haha..but i bet its going to be scary at night.. :mellow: :unsure: :wacko:

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
You're from Kengkok? That's where my dad is from. Savannakhet right? Let me guess, your last name might be Insyxiengmay? Haha.

Phone...my mom's last name is Ingsyxiengmay. My grandmother remarried but all my aunts & uncles kept my grandfather's last name, whom lives in TX now.

Anyways...all "pee" in laos scares me. Yeah it sounds superstitious, but if it really didnt happen or had any "pee" before, there wouldn't be stories like these. I believe there may be some lurking around though...

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
omg speaking of pee pob, there was a case like that in san diego a few years back! it was scaryyy dude. :blink: :unsure:

it was in my mom's friend's neighborhood where lots lao and cambodia peepz lived. they'd hang buddhas & have thorns all around the house because they were so scared! i'v never seen it, & i hope i don't see a pee pob cuz i will pee in my pants! we use to always go over to my moma's friend house but after this incident, we stopped for a while. i really don't remember much details about this cuz it happen when i was like 8-9 like 10 years ago... but yeah i believe in pee pob... i just got chills...

tinav101805

sarNie Hatchling
I just came back from Laos 3 weeks ago. I went to Luang Prabang for the new years .. I went with my mom it was our first time there.. and we actually experienced it with our own eyes.
The story is long.. and you gotta be there to believe it.

Well anywayz it started that me and my cousin Pui wanted to hae vor (do the parade thing) with the Nang Sangkan. And my other cousin she's 12 yrs old and she wanted to do it too... but my mom said no because she didnt wanna take care of her.. because she already has to hold the umbrella and stuff for me.. so my mom didnt want to have another responsibility. And she kept bugging my mom and also when we go shopping and stuff she would always want everything.. (thinking that we have money or something).. if my mom buys me a hat, that girl would want it too.. it was just getting ridiculous. and she always rides her bike down to my uncle house (we stayed at my other uncle house) early in the morning so she could catch up with us because she wants to go walk around with us and take pictures too.. so she did that every morning. She would be at my uncle house at like 5 am each morning. Until the night before I had to hae vor. That night my mom couldnt sleep because it was too hot, so she decided she was gonna go sleep on the sofa in living room.. and my other guy cousins are all there sleeping on the floor. So I was sleeping inside the room with cousin Pui. And it was about 3 am .. i had to go pee.. and the bathroom is sort of like outside.. so i had to wake up my mom to accompany me.. and then she just acted weird.. she was like "dont go hae vor tomorrow morning".. and i was just ignoring her because I was half asleep. So I went back to my bed.. and all of a sudden my mom opens the door.. and comes thru the mosquito net.. and she tells me she cant breath, she feels a sharp pain in her back which causes her not to be able to breath.. So i try to massage for her and it just kept getting worst and worst.. so I woke up my cousin Pui and she went to wake everybody else up.. so we took her to the sofa.. and my mom was just crying hysterically.. I've never seen her that way. She says she hears someone crying on her ear. So instantly my aunt knew .. because it had happend to her before when she was talking shiet about that little girls mom to my uncle that night the pee pob came in her.. and it just happened that the night before my mom and my uncle was telling my uncle (the girls dad) that his wife shouldnt come in between the family and shouldnt control and stuff like that .. so my aunt decided to take my mom to the lady next door .. which ironically is mor phi. And we took her there.. and the mor phi said that its a little girl.. crying because she wanted to hae vor.. shes pee pob!!!.. OMG my mom was dying.. her face was red, the girl was choking her she couldnt breathe.. and you really have to be there to believe it.. the mor phi did something and the little girl went out of my moms body and my mom INSTANTLY was able to breath!.

So my mom told me I couldnt hae vor .. because shes scared the little girl might get jealous and might come mess with me.
Ironically, that morning that little girl didnt rode her bicycle to my ucnles house like she has done since we got there.. and since that day she never came to see us.. until the last day where we had puk khen.

This girl is not related to me by blood what so ever. My uncle married her mom.. and shes the daughter that came with the mom. Alot of rumors came that the town that they came from had phi pob.. but my uncle didnt believe it. We confronted my uncle about it and he just got very upset he didnt believe us.

The weird part was that we went back to vientiane after the new year was done.. and my mom went to read her future with this lady .. and the lady asked my mom if she tried to go up the "Phu Si" and my mom says yes.. and the lady asked my mom "and you couldnt make it right" and my mom was like "yes i felt like something was pushing me back".. and the old lady goes.. "well thats because pee pob was with u .. and she wanted to go up .. so she had to leave the spirit with someone .. so she could go up".. It was just me and that little girl that went up.. and my mom stayed down waiting for us.. this was before my mom couldnt breath. Its creepy how a lady from vientiane knows .. rye??

annea

sarNie Adult
wat!! that is some scary as stuff..i got goosebumps...ur rite, u have to experience it for urself..i always hear others talk about it and get scared, but i dont want to experience it either..hopefully u guys are safe now!!! that little didnt do anything to u when she was with u? she didnt act weird? no one told u guys she was a phob when she first started hanging out with u guys? and one more thing, we cannot tell who phob or not cuz physically they look normal and they can come out on the day light.. are they afraid of like temples, monks and buddha statue? just curious...cuz where my dad came from, theres a lot of weird stuff going on..

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
it seems like the ghost in South east Asian countries are more violent than the ones in America. Shudders* I'm glad I live where there are ghost busters!

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
wat!! that is some scary as stuff..i got goosebumps...ur rite, u have to experience it for urself..i always hear others talk about it and get scared, but i dont want to experience it either..hopefully u guys are safe now!!! that little didnt do anything to u when she was with u? she didnt act weird? no one told u guys she was a phob when she first started hanging out with u guys? and one more thing, we cannot tell who phob or not cuz physically they look normal and they can come out on the day light.. are they afraid of like temples, monks and buddha statue? just curious...cuz where my dad came from, theres a lot of weird stuff going on..

yep it sure was scary..

luna86

sarNie Egg
Holy Sh*T! Speaking of Pee Pob. Dont even wanna think about it. But I heard that there's quiet a few in the US esp. in Califorina and Minnesota..Is that true?

Kenshin

sarNie Egg
Oh come on why Minnesota of all places? Why not someplace isolated like Hawaii or Alaska? :(

But seriously, I agree with ladyOfdarkness. Asian ghosts tend to be violent and freaky as hell where as American ghosts just push things around and make loud noises when Asian ghosts would rather rip you apart.

As for me, I never seen a pee pob (but I have seen/heard plenty of ghosts before) but my mom said it was because she got the monks to bless the house and everything when she thought something was up. Can't say the same thing for my friends and cousins though. I don't know if this counts as pee pob but its still pretty freaky.

My friend's mom started screaming and freaking out one night out of nowhere. It was extra freaky because she was just sleeping and we were all in the living room. We just hear this blood-curdling scream come from her room and we see her flopping around the bed like crazy and screaming. Her husband and all of us rushed to calm her down but she wouldn't stop. She started screaming "It followed us! It followed us!" which creeped us kids out even more. So her husband decided to make us leave since we were all scared.

Well, even though they live on the top floor of the apartment, we could still hear her screaming and crying. Neighbors asked us what was wrong but we couldn't really tell them (a ghost possessing her would just make them think we're crazy) so we said she had a bad day and is letting loose. Well finally about an hour later she calmed down and we went back in. We were curious about the whole situation but we didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable by asking personal questions. The husband just flat out asked "who followed us". The mom, still crying, just said "she wants you (pointing to all of us) dead". At which point we decided to visit the monks the next day who hopefully got rid of it. Everything's been calm since.