Producer goin remove voilence from lakorn.

Toon

Official Robert Pattinson Ambassador
I may be the one that everyone is going to roll their eyes over, but personally, I can't stand those R scenes and slap/kiss. I may be a romantic, but whatever happened to romance? True love? The idea that love is least when you expect, and you're changed forever by it. I watch Thai lakorns for that concept. Those slap/kiss, R scenes, annoying bitchy nang rais honestly gets on my damn nerves. And it's just sooooo unrealistic!! OK yeah this guy I supposedly hate, raped me other day and now I'm in love with him. OK.... yeah this girl I hate that always physically AND verbally abuses me--so I raped her and now we live happily ever after like a Cinderella story. Alright.... Sorry, I don't want to offend anyone!! I know that they're dramas too and of course people like the drama. For me, though, drama is good enough in real life. I like to take my mind to a more peaceful setting, thats just my take on it.

So if this is true, that producers are thinking about doing less of this, I'm sooooooo all for it!!! And please forgive me for speaking my mind... for what it's worth, most people will NOT agree with me anyways. Have a wonderful day...! :clap: :clap:
I kinda agree with above qouter...the r-scenes sometimes are just so offensive to me...just think about it if you were really in a relationship and someone rapes you...rape girls...rape...the forceful physical act of sex on another person is really to me offensive....don't want to get too mushy but if you and your man or you and your woman were really in love...you wouldn't have to force someone...and what really sucks is when a nang'ek is raped by the pra'ek it comes off as romantic to the viewers (by the way includes me) but when it happens to a secondary character or nangrai...it's offensive...double standard I say...don't get me wrong...I don't want the thai lakorns to become some drone imitation of K-dramas but at least show the viewers the consequences of what happens when someone rapes someone...

sarN

sarNie Granny
i don't think R" scene is dat bad or graphic like American would have it but the concept is still disturbing when u think about it LOL there i understand but in a lakorn the viewer already know the P"K & N"k love each other and when an "R" scene happen i usually don't think it force cuz im sure she will give in to his seduction ... or watever imagination of romantic is to the viewer fantasy LOL and in a revenge lakorn an "R" scene is a bit intense though we know they will end up loving each other but still it is all too disturbing when we think about it but believe it or not the viewer just love it cuz it a fantasy story the gist of it is for the romantic !! If they don't like den there wouldn't be so many "R" scene in thai lakorn till this day . If they stop with the "R" scene we still have the "willing" scene right haha now dat i have to see how it goin play out since the idea behind "R" scene is to present the N"k as not as easily give in to her lust so R" scene is often use > i have to admit i do like "R" lakorn not cuz i have a dirty mind LOL but the concept of it seen to draw me in to lakorn then lakonr dat dones't have one beside we all know thai lakon their "R" scene is ... fobish ....... ok ok im rolling out haha...

ChaosAngelz

sarNie Juvenile
NUUUUUUUUUU~~~~!!!!

If they do that then the lakorns won't be a lakorn it will b like every other asian dramas...The slap kiss and r scenes only happen in thai lakorns....><

nophankh

sarNie Adult
NUUUUUUUUUU~~~~!!!!

If they do that then the lakorns won't be a lakorn it will b like every other asian dramas...The slap kiss and r scenes only happen in thai lakorns....><

The R scene pisses me off to the tenth degree. I can't stand them. I find them insulting and degrading to the female sex. It promotes male dominance and violence, which many of us don't condone. I read somewhere that the rate of rapes in thailand is going up.
I'm not saying that r scenes in thai dramas correlates to more rapes, I have no proof. What I'm trying to say is that, we shouldn't glorify rape. RAPE is not a romantic things as seen in Thai dramas. R- scene with a happy ending don't exist in real life. Rape is a mentally debilitating event. Please don't give me that excuse that it's only a drama. Dramas should represent reality.

I don't understand why girls in this forum support and look forward to R-scenes. :angry: I'm not a feminist, I'm just a girl who doesn't like to see abuse happen to anyone.

Jieb_Lover

sarNie OldFart
r scenes are offensive sometimes and lame but if they take all that out in a lakorn there will be no drama/action to it its just going to be plain boring, no offense >.<

vina_lek

By taking a step back, I wonder if this will allow the growing popularity of Korean dramas to take the lead. (If it hasn't already.) If anything, they should cut back on the nang'rais to reduce some of the annoyance level or get rid of them all together (the ones that cling onto pra'ek's arms and claim he's theirs are the worst.) The submissive/clueless nang'ek character should also be dragged to the recycling bin and emptied.
:loool:

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
But do romantic people like in Korean dramas really exist? I don't think so. That's as much a fantasy as the slap/kiss and fall-in-love-after-rape concept in Thai dramas. They're both over the top and unrealistic. But that's what TV dramas are for. We like it because not all of it are true depictions of real life. If we wanted to watch real love or drama, we can just look at the people around us or experience it ourselves. I agree with the above comments. It's better to have a variety to choose from. I think it's great how every country has a specific element in their dramas to help distinguish them from one another.
I totallie agreed w/ everyting u juz said...i watch Thai lakorns foe their highlights, Chinese series foe theirs, and Korean foe theirs..and i highly dislike wen asians dramas or entertainment wants to be like the Westerns..it's like i live in the US and i come all the way here to watch ur drama becuz i want sometine new and different..please don't change it...thats how i feel about changing the thai lakorns too...

and the girls that highly disagree w/ "R" scenes..i understand u wholely...but tis is only lakorn...only for entertainment...for me personally I don't take it to the heart...

lamour01

sarNie Egg
I am all for this discussion of removing the rape scenes from Thai dramas. Whenever I watch a lakorn and there's a rape scene, that just ruins the whole drama for me. I understand that it's only entertainment but rape is just not romantic. If a guy rapes you, there's no way in hell that you would ever love him. Rape scenes degrade women and women are degraded enough as it is. There should be a variety of things but only when it is a good thing. Rape scenes do not promote anything at all except that women can be abused. Watching an "R" scene is not entertaining for me at all, even if I don't see anything. In addition, sometimes my brothers watch Thai dramas with my dad and a rape scene appears. I do not want them to get the notion that rape is romantic. I'm not saying that Thai dramas should be completely like other Asian dramas but that they should stop with the rape scenes because rape is NEVER love.

sarN

sarNie Granny
out of topic >>> ya ' know wat soo funnie . I thought only lakorn have "R" scene but i was watching dis series call "Sila Dizisi" for over a week now and i thought it was India series but it actually Turkey!! So , as i was watching this Turkish series even though i dont' understand wat the heck they talking about but the storyline look good and plus the leading man&girl look good . Anywho , make the story short . There an "R" scene in one of the eps :eek: i was like wat goin on >>me don't understand wat they saying<< the next thing i know the light dim and it show the next morning >> at dat point i know wat happen cuz i'm use to seeing it in a lakorn haha<<< i thought it wasn't very graphic but it does look hot and it werid to see other country display "R" scene in their series :lol: i like this Turkish series and it's scenery and seeing other country traditional ways it refreshing to me . I watch all kind of stuff Humomg , Thai, Chinese , Korean , Spanish , Viet , India , American, Indonesia , ect ec now Turkish LOL . I been watching dis ""Sila Dizisi" in google and on youtube and on their site and im trying to get dis Turkish fan i meet on a fourm to get me this series . Willing pay at all cost :lol: >>> ok now back to the topic... roll em out

here dat clip !
o' yeah . they are the leading couple in there series ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbyJRsc10yY

Leeway

sarNie Egg
I hate to say this but rape and violence are representations of real life because sadly, it does happen. :( Rape and violence in TV/film are taken from real life, not the other way around. It's the falling in love aspect that makes it a fantasy because the chances of that happening is highly unlikely. But don't you guys think it would be a worst message if a man rapes a woman and then leaves her pregnant and the child without a father? It shows that the man is willing to take responsibilities for what he did. And at least the woman learns that the guy is not such a bad guy afterall and it doesn't end with love between an innocent woman and a cold-hearted man.

I'm not saying I support involuntary sex or violence because I don't. I just can't stop it from happening in reality. On TV, we can either learn from it or emulate what we see. The choice is ours. And it's the parents duty to advise what their children watch and if they do allow their children to watch, they should talk to them about it. We might as well get used to it because people are getting less and less conservative. In the future, seeing nothing but bare naked people walking around on TV uncensored might be as common as peanut butter and jelly. Thailand is a child on training wheels compared to a many other countries when it comes to sex on TV.

P.S. Men don't need any assistance in coming up with these ideas. They're born with them. It's just dormant until they hit puberty. (Maybe even earlier than that.)

sarN

sarNie Granny
FYI >> guy have two head to think so yeah i agreed w/ u Leeway haha

max

sarNie Elites
I like Korean, Chinese, and Thai dramas. They each have their own "uniqueness" that makes me like each of them in their own special way. In my opinion, there are many things that make Thai dramas unique, but I do not think that the "R Scenes" are one of the things that makes Thai dramas unique. I know that all of the dramas, whether Korean, Chinese, or Thai, all are in most cases fake and many times un-realistic, but if someone raped you, I do not think that you would like/love them. I do not know. It is just kind of weird to me. No offense at all, I am just stating my opinion like everyone else. Sometimes the "R Scense" are okay, I guess, but most of the time not... So whatever happens happens... I do not mind if it remains or if it is removed.

mmemories

sarNie Hatchling
I am all for this discussion of removing the rape scenes from Thai dramas. Whenever I watch a lakorn and there's a rape scene, that just ruins the whole drama for me. I understand that it's only entertainment but rape is just not romantic. If a guy rapes you, there's no way in hell that you would ever love him. Rape scenes degrade women and women are degraded enough as it is. There should be a variety of things but only when it is a good thing. Rape scenes do not promote anything at all except that women can be abused. Watching an "R" scene is not entertaining for me at all, even if I don't see anything. In addition, sometimes my brothers watch Thai dramas with my dad and a rape scene appears. I do not want them to get the notion that rape is romantic. I'm not saying that Thai dramas should be completely like other Asian dramas but that they should stop with the rape scenes because rape is NEVER love.
I agree, honestly everything that I was gonna say has been said above :)
and plus r scenes dont make a series entertaining, its the actor/actresses and
the chemistry between the casts that attact viewers.

Thanamas89

sarNie Oldmaid
Am I the only one in here that hates..Oh my bad..Dislikes Korean dramas..?I think there drama is like so..I don't know..Un-realistic..Like there story line is always the same..If the pra aek don't die its the nang aek..I don't watch it but I always see it in the entertainment news and its annoying..And if they take out violence and what not in thai lakorns..What the hell are we watching then..?

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
i can see where the rape and falling in love thing doesn't make sense...especially after the rape happens, but it's not really the plots fault now, right?? :lol: it's the actors/actresses fault!! in almost every plot, the pra ek and nang ek are already suppose to be in a deep sense of "passion" with each other. it's up to them how they display the pent up chemistry beforehand. and to a certain extent, most of the R scenes that happen are with the hardheaded nang eks who fight back...now if they didn't want it to happen, i bet they could have gotten out of it in various ways. BUT you know they wanted it...there is ALWAYS SOME SLIGHT willingness. HAHAHA that's why the lakorns are set, written scripts where feelings are incorporated into the before and aftermath of any R scene plot. this is to not be mistaken with real life situations where scripts are not planned out and feelings are not pre-written for an audience to reflect upon. SO, just...well, just very NOT comparable ok? sorry. haha

oh, and if you want to bring up how it influences the watchers, i'm not even gonna get involved that because i don't feel like touching up on "nature vs nurture". ahaha let's just say, i don't believe a lakorn can be strong enough to influence anyone into becoming a rapist because outside of the rape (in every lakorn) is an already existing fantasy, an unrealistic surrounding that would lead any watcher to realize, NO ONE REALLY ACTS OR REACTS like this in real life...especially the nang rai's. no matter how bad someone is, they don't really go around screeching in restaurants or cling to arms 24/7.

but we can all have fun with our opinions, because, honestly, i'm just justifying on behalf of my own perversion. LMAO