Producer goin remove voilence from lakorn.

nophankh

sarNie Adult
Am I the only one in here that hates..Oh my bad..Dislikes Korean dramas..?I think there drama is like so..I don't know..Un-realistic..Like there story line is always the same..If the pra aek don't die its the nang aek..I don't watch it but I always see it in the entertainment news and its annoying..And if they take out violence and what not in thai lakorns..What the hell are we watching then..?
A lot of Kdramas are not like that. You have to pick your dramas. I usually watch romantic comedies because I hate melodramatic kdramas. I pick my thai dramas too. I prefer the comedies instead of the crazy over the top scandalous dramas.

I'm currently watching kdrama coffee prince, it's freaking hilarious and very unique. Everyone should try watching it.

Oum ruk didn't have rape...well maybe at the beginning...well you can categorized that has drunkard sex.
It was still good. It was freaking hilarious.

I feel very uncomfortable watching r-scenes no matter how they tried to sugar coat it.

It's really unnecessary. There is so many things you can add to spice up a drama. Thai drama is very unique beside the r-scene.
If they want to add sex, they should make the leads drunk or something. I don't know....accident sex is much better than rape.

I started a thread about thai r-scenes at d-addicts.com and this guy responsed saying that rapes scene occurred for the society. In Turkey, India, and Thailand, they are still trapped in the conservative mentality. People want to see some action, but they still want their women to maintain a scene of purity. In order to provide the audience with action, they make the guy rape the girl. Since the girl didn't want sex she is still pure. GET WHAT I"M saying. R-scene will start to disappear when women in a conservative country have more power.

I barely watch thai dramas because of weak plots and terrible acting. I tend to lose interest fast with thai dramas. Some thai dramas are an exception, but they are few to none.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
The R scene pisses me off to the tenth degree. I can't stand them. I find them insulting and degrading to the female sex. It promotes male dominance and violence, which many of us don't condone. I read somewhere that the rate of rapes in thailand is going up.
I'm not saying that r scenes in thai dramas correlates to more rapes, I have no proof. What I'm trying to say is that, we shouldn't glorify rape. RAPE is not a romantic things as seen in Thai dramas. R- scene with a happy ending don't exist in real life. Rape is a mentally debilitating event. Please don't give me that excuse that it's only a drama. Dramas should represent reality.

I don't understand why girls in this forum support and look forward to R-scenes. :angry: I'm not a feminist, I'm just a girl who doesn't like to see abuse happen to anyone.
"Dramas should represent realilty" I don't think it should. Like Leeway said if you want to see reality just watch the people around you. Dramas and films are made for entertainment purposes, driven from wild imagination. Very few are base on reality are documentaries. Entertainment offer a variety for different people of different views, if you choose not to like one rated R then go to the ones rated pg.

You don't understand why the girls in this forum support and look forward to R-scene. IF you were here when sarnworld first started you'll understand. Perhaps sarn would like to be the one who tells you. LMAO.

Is there an 'R' scene in you? It is sarnworld's previous logo.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Hmm...seem like gender discrimination here. Do you feel that men are superior because r-scene are still acceptable these days? I don't think r-scene is sending a message that man still dominate the world like in the past, if a women and think that way then they're holding in too much pride.

As to thai lakorn having weak plots, it's more like they're not your type. Since you reveal that you like romantic comedies and the majority of thai lakorn revolves around family problems and revenge.

Vanida

Save World Save Life
that is stupid then its not going be fun to watch and drama/lakorn suppose to be like that and its like 2007 omg

nophankh

sarNie Adult
Hmm...seem like gender discrimination here. Do you feel that men are superior because r-scene are still acceptable these days? I don't think r-scene is sending a message that man still dominate the world like in the past, if a women and think that way then they're holding in too much pride.
It's not gender discrimination, it's just fact. In the US and European, there isn't a lot of discrimination against woman. However in countries such as thailand, turkey, and India, you can see male chauvinism at its best.

Actually, if you do a sociology study of countries that find r-scenes acceptable in the mainstream, women are oppressed in those countries. Seriously!

Some part of India or turkey, girls can't walk alone anywhere. They have to be accompanied by a relative or else they are jailed. What the hell is that all about? There are still places like that.

I don't hold too much pride. Rape for me is a very intense issue, I think rape for a lot of girls is a very strong issue. I don't think we should sugar coat it like in the lakorn.

I probably worded my thoughts in correctly when I said that "dramas should be about reality". I'm not naive to actually believe that dramas mirror reality. Again, rape for many girls is a very serious issue. Things such as rape should be portrayed in a realistic matter.

Personally, why can't the n'ek and the pr'ek have nice consensual sex? Gosh, what is so wrong with consensual passionate sex? They should bricker and then the writers should find someway to get them to have sex. The n'ek can get pregnant and the pr'ek can do something stupid to piss the n'ek off. Thus, she tries to concede her pregnancy. It could work.

I know you guys don't like westernized things, but hey, I don't like westernized stuff either. Lakorns are very distinctive without the r-scene.

As to thai lakorn having weak plots, it's more like they're not your type. Since you reveal that you like romantic comedies and the majority of thai lakorn revolves around family problems and revenge.

Actually, a lot of dramas I watch is about family problems and revenge however they're not gay as in some thai lakorns. I have to admit I do like some lakorns when they don't do the r-scene.

Pee nong 2 leurd with DAN and BEAM was really good, until dan forced himself on that girl.

We should look at removing violence as a good thing, writers can create better PLOTS to attract viewers.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
I think we all agree that rape is an intense issue my dear. But like I said before there are varieties out there to choose from if you don't like one variety move to the next, no one forces you to watch something you don't want to watch.

For me, thai lakorns, the main characters are stubborn and hardheaded, they have problems showing their feelings (so no consensual sex or kiss can not happen). You can only wait for a force kiss or 'r' scene.

Another analogy...taking r-scene out of lakorn is like taking songs sequence out of India films. It just won't be the same without them. BTW this is 2007 now...why are we afraid of hiding the violence? There's no such things as peace in the world or angels having halo over their heads.

tinah

sarNie Coma
im curious. was it a big deal back then?..cuz "r" scenes etc were way more intense compare to now.

nophankh

sarNie Adult
I think we all agree that rape is an intense issue my dear.
My dear...wtf. Haha. You were trying to patronize me...haha

But like I said before there are varieties out there to choose from if you don't like one variety move to the next, no one forces you to watch something you don't want to watch.
For me, watching Thai lakorn is about culture. I understand this culture. I eat the same food, I understand what they are saying, I can relate to the family interactions. I know what's it like wake up early and duc-baht.

yes there are variety to choose from and I do.

For me, thai lakorns, the main characters are stubborn and hardheaded, they have problems showing their feelings (so no consensual sex or kiss can not happen). You can only wait for a force kiss or 'r' scene.

A lot of korean, japanese, american, etc have stubborn and hardheaded drama characters, but somehow they manage to have consensual sex and kisses.

Another analogy...taking r-scene out of lakorn is like taking songs sequence out of India films. It just won't be the same without them.
I can't believe you're comparing r-scenes to song sequences in Indian films. yes, I know it's an analogy, but I don't think you should put singing and rape in the same analogy. It's quite disturbing. I've seen a lot of good lakorns without r-scenes. I don't find that r-scenes are the highlight of lakorns, there are other components.

BTW this is 2007 now...why are we afraid of hiding the violence? There's no such things as peace in the world or angels having halo over their heads.
yep, it's 2007, it's time for a change.

Hmmm...have you been under a rock or something? Hiding the violence? HAHA. Turn on the TV, someone's throat just got slit or someone gets shot, or an elderly women gets beaten up and raped. This is not network news, but a TV show. Have you been to the movies? Have you ever seen jmovie: Ichi the killer? I enjoy violence and gore once in awhile. Violence should be shown for what it is.

There has been debates about too much violence in media, but I've never heard of an issue of hiding the violence. GOOD ONE> you officially made my day.

I must admit you are right in some way. In THAILAND, they are trying to censor everything. Thai citizens are not allowed to go on youtube because someone posted a video mocking the KING. If you watch, thai movies and lakorns, blurred out guns and beep out bad words or anything remotely bad. Yes, Thailand is hiding the violence.

R-scenes represent the past. In the 80's, american soap operas had r-scenes too. Now they don't.

maijune

SarNie Adult
out of topic >>> ya ' know wat soo funnie . I thought only lakorn have "R" scene but i was watching dis series call "Sila Dizisi" for over a week now and i thought it was India series but it actually Turkey!! So , as i was watching this Turkish series even though i dont' understand wat the heck they talking about but the storyline look good and plus the leading man&girl look good . Anywho , make the story short . There an "R" scene in one of the eps :eek: i was like wat goin on >>me don't understand wat they saying<< the next thing i know the light dim and it show the next morning >> at dat point i know wat happen cuz i'm use to seeing it in a lakorn haha<<< i thought it wasn't very graphic but it does look hot and it werid to see other country display "R" scene in their series :lol: i like this Turkish series and it's scenery and seeing other country traditional ways it refreshing to me . I watch all kind of stuff Humomg , Thai, Chinese , Korean , Spanish , Viet , India , American, Indonesia , ect ec now Turkish LOL . I been watching dis ""Sila Dizisi" in google and on youtube and on their site and im trying to get dis Turkish fan i meet on a fourm to get me this series . Willing pay at all cost :lol: >>> ok now back to the topic... roll em out
here dat clip !
o' yeah . they are the leading couple in there series ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbyJRsc10yY

now sarn you got me wanted to watch this turkish series as well...i watched couple clips and it was confusing because i don't know which clip go after the other clip...i'm curious why there is a willing scene after their wedding but also the rape scene which you posted...which scene is before or after the other...do you know the storyline of this series?...and you said you trying to buy this series from one of the turkish fan right?...can you please let me know when you get one copy because i would love to buy one copy too...i've only watched couple clips but i really liked it though i don't understand what they said...do you already finish the whole series?...i didn't because like i said above i don't know which clip go after the others....please let me know more...

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Yup. I'm trying to patronize you because this was repeating alot of times "Rape for me is a very intense issue, I think rape for a lot of girls is a very strong issue." I believe every women would agree with that, since you made your point. I might had exaggerated the analogy a bit.

Trust me, every country have their fair share of 'r' scene. Even though nowadays there are very few of them in the US.

Of course I know Thailand is trying to band everything negative, as to beer logos, shirt tag-lines, guns, etc. The main thing I want to say is that you have your variety of comedies, why don't you let others have their abusive fantasy of 'r' scene, since you said yourself violence is already shown worldwide. If there is nothing to hide then let 'r' scene be the way it is. Seriously because you don't like something it's not nice to ruin for others.

Lets just agree to disagree. The decision of removing 'r' scene doesn't rely on anyone here, so everyone is open to their opinion. Sorry sarn...if I created some tense heat in your forum. Hehe. Everyone be nice to eachother, since I'm not planning on visiting this thread. I have a feeling sarn is sweating, worried.

Leeway

sarNie Egg
Like that screenwriter said, are TV dramas the real bad guys here? Are they the only ones leading the country into cultural decline? I think it makes people more happy than sad. It's one of our means of escape from reality. We want to watch it when we have time, can't wait for the next episodes, we get excited about upcoming ones, and we cheer on our favorite actors/actresses. Many people like to look at it from an obvious viewpoint. Oh abuse and forced sex is bad, that means we have to get rid of it. This world is far from perfect, so if you can't get rid of it from reality, fantasy is just as susceptible to violence, rape, drugs, etc. Trust me, none of us have innocent minds when it comes to sexual fantasies. :lol: Uh-uh-uh-ah! No denying! :D I just don't want this potential law to deprive people of the freedom to express.

Also, the countries that display willing sex may be that they are less conservative. Thus, innocence isn't a character trait anymore if it ever was.

sarN

sarNie Granny
now sarn you got me wanted to watch this turkish series as well...i watched couple clips and it was confusing because i don't know which clip go after the other clip...i'm curious why there is a willing scene after their wedding but also the rape scene which you posted...which scene is before or after the other...do you know the storyline of this series?...and you said you trying to buy this series from one of the turkish fan right?...can you please let me know when you get one copy because i would love to buy one copy too...i've only watched couple clips but i really liked it though i don't understand what they said...do you already finish the whole series?...i didn't because like i said above i don't know which clip go after the others....please let me know more...

see wat 'R" scene does too people ...girl stop urself hahaha j/k !!! Well wat u do if u watch it on youtube.com just go to the search and type in "Sila 3" right tthen there clip name like Sila 3.Bl. 1part watch dat and den seach again type in " Sila 3.Bl. 2part" so on and so on ..im up to Sila 17 .. i think she pregnant :unsure: >> Yes , i ask dis Turkish fan to get me dat series but i haven't got a reply back yet . Shoot i pm everyone in youtube.com dat upload Sila where can i get the series :loool: I think im goin watch more Turkish series now :wub: >> Here a summary of the series http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C4%B1la . I wish there an english site around about this but i look no can find ! If it was a spanish soap there English fourm i goes to find answer and stuff but sadly not for Turkish .. weird

<<<nancywang>>>>> i'm not sweating girl . shoot once in a blue moon sw got some intense thread LOL not dat i want one hahaha >> anywho , it ok contuine with ya' bad self just make it friendly and don't take it to the heart .

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
umm is there going to be an R-scene in this heated debate also...or are the "producers" going to take that out too? LMAO JK yall...world peace? :p :loool:

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
Whowiee! it's heated in hea..LOL..i tink i'll keep outta tis one too..

my opinion...Thai lakorns are the best...i luv the culture, love the language...the food everyting...K-Dramas and esp. Chinese series are getting too dull foe me...i reallie hate it in Chinese dramas where the leadin' actress trys soo hard to be cute...i guess it's the trend rite now...but i see a lot of tose...and i mean they're alreadi cute..don't need to try soo hard...for example..dun hate cuz i know there are fans in here..but the leadin' actress in "The Prince Who Turned Into a Frog"...i thought she tried too hard to be cute...annoys me..w/ her opennin' her eyes rellie big..like she alreadi has big enough eyes...don't exaggerate...the only actress that i thought didn't try hard to be cute wuz Vicki Zhao...or at least she pulled it off..anywayz...wayy off topic here...

nophankh

sarNie Adult
sarN, you're really a d-addict. Watching turkish drama without subs....don't you think that's a little extreme. It's all good, I'm like that with korean and japanese drama.

Well back to the topic, I'm usually polite and respect of people's opinions. But let me be frank, I just can't accept r-scenes or respect views that support it.

"Also, the countries that display willing sex may be that they are less conservative. Thus, innocence isn't a character trait anymore if it ever was."

Not technically, Koreans display willing sex and they're very conservative. In jdramas, there is no sex, but yet they have a very liberal idea about sex. I mean in japan, prostitution is somewhat legal.

R-scenes fall in the bondage/rape fetish and should not be part of the mainstream.

To nancyvang, as a person I probably respect you, but for your views on this topic, I really can't. When i read your responses, I think what the hey now?? I can't comprehend your way of thinking.

I'm OUT, last post for this topic.

LYN.

YoUa

One Of Kob Big Fan
I know this for awhile when I was reading P'Kob's interview but just don't want to mention it.

sarN

sarNie Granny
sarN, you're really a d-addict. Watching turkish drama without subs....don't you think that's a little extreme. It's all good, I'm like that with korean and japanese drama.

LOL , i know right ! When i first started K-drama i didn't understand how to do the subb thingy yet so i would watch it raw :loool: ..don't know wat they saying and i alway thought why K-drama the ppl alway be shouting and mad but dat was justs the language :lol: !! The reason why i was draw to dat Turkish series is cuz of the music it was differ to me and i conutine watching it cuz i was fascinated w/ the cultural & scenery of the setting and when i saw the wedding ceremony i thought whoa dat how they do it in Turkey and it werid to see their dancing cuz the parters doesn't touch each other it was like a bird dance. Also , the leading couple is very handsome and beautiful :wub: O' about the music it sound like India mix w/ Egyptian and it give dis mysterious atmosphere kind of feeling , gloomy , hunting , depressing . In Episode 17 - 19 of "Sila" was very depressing cuz dat music keep playing kind of make u sad and trap .. can't explain it but the music is prolly the main reason it draw me in like a whirl pool :wub: so much like "Sawan Biang" Brook/Kob cuz dat lakorn have a dark , gloomy music tune soo bitter sweet.

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
rape is a serious issue .......btw you go gurl nancy, jus because it okay to be in a lakorn others might think it okay in real life. Some folks maybe the crazy ones cant separate fantasy and acutual reality and take it to the next level

Leeway

sarNie Egg
Not technically, Koreans display willing sex and they're very conservative.
The East has always been more conservative than the West. And East Asia (particularly S. Korea and Japan) is more liberal than SE Asia. I've seen some Korean shows and they allow little kids to dirty dance, shaking their little rump, while audiences/hosts respond like it's some amazing talent. That wasn't conservative behavior at all. It was uncomfortable to watch. And I read at Soompi that even Amerie (American singer, who's half Korean and half African American) went to visit S. Korea and was shocked to see how skimpy Korean girls dress.

lamour01

sarNie Egg
Ok, this will be my last time coming to this topic because I just can't accept the fact that some of you think rape is fun to watch.

The rape we see on Thai lakorns are not explicit at all but it's still rape. That is a fact that cannot be sugar-coated. I just hate seeing men use their strength to dominate over women. The other day my friend and I were debating about equal rights for Hmong women because I see a lot of Hmong women who are used and abused and they take it like it's no big deal. I said that women should have equal rights as men because they more work than men. They nurture a fetus until birth, they cook, they clean, they work, they are half of the backbone of a family. But my friend said that the women will never get equal status as men because they are so weak; they have to rely on guys for strength. I argued back that it doesn't matter because a women does other stuff to balance out a man's strength. I argued that women and men need eachother to live so they should get equal respect but my friend protested relently saying that strength is everything. After a lot of arguing going around in circles, I gave up for the time being. The point of that argument is that guys think they have the upper hand because they're stronger. That's a fact but strength is not the answer to everything. If you use your brains, there is always a way to get around it. That way may be harder, but it is a way. It is the same thing with rape. Rape says men are the ones who dominate because they are physically stronger than women.

I agree with Lynda on the fact that Thai lakorns have rape scenes because they want to show a love scene between the n'ek and p'ek but they don't the n'ek to seem like a slut who would sleep with a man (even if it is the one she loves) so they put an R scene in there because they are bascically killing two birds with one stone. They get to show a love scene while the n'ek can still retain her purity because she didn't willing have sex, she was forced to.

To someone saying that it's the parent's job to educate children so that they don't do what they see on tv or movies, I agree with you but you can't deny the fact that entertainment influences everybody. It may not influence you to do a good or bad thing, but it influences you. Children are more prone to the negative influences because they are still growing. No matter how you educate your children, if they are influenced that the negative things are cool, then it will be hard to get them back on the same track. Rape scenes do promote that rape is ok, whether you are willing to admit it or not. I do not want children to be influenced by that. Sure, they may be educated by their parents that it is not ok but if they see it repeatedly, they will think that it is ok because they see it so often and nobody says anything about it.

For those of you who say that an R scene is the highlight of a lakorn, what the heck is going on in your life?

I just don't understand why some of you would think that watching a rape scene is fun. For me, I would prefer to watch a willing scene. I think it is better to watch a scene where the n'ek and p'ek are kissing eachother passionately than one where the p'ek is forcing himself upon the n'ek. Those R scenes just disgust me. But that is just my opinion. No matter what I say some of you won't change your mind so since I've said all I wanted to say, I'm out of this topic.