RIP Por

Step

Mrs James Ma
His daughter does not even know what has happened to him. Por please come back.
I made these gifs for Mali, she is too cute and adorable. There are only camera flashes, love her pose, too cute awwww  :heart:  :heart:

sarNie Adult
What i find strange in this situation is how his condition escalated to such a critical level. My guess is that he went to the hospital when his dengue fever already progressed to an uncontrollable level. Maybe his fever was already on and off and/or he already had rashes and all that but it took him time to go to the hospital. I guess it's a lesson to all of us to be careful and conscious of our bodies. I know many of us have a lot of responsibilities but when it's time to rest, we should rest. I don't know what really happened, but it's possible that Por ignored the signs and continued to work. I admire Por's dedication to work and all that, but now he's suffering so much. It's a lesson to all of us that we should all take care of ourselves first so we could continue to take care of our loved ones.  

I don't know about Thailand but dengue fever is such a common sickness in tropical countries that they have dedicated wards for it. Very rarely do people reach conditions as critical as Por from dengue fever - usually it only happens to those who have medical attention too late, or are in places where medical facilities aren't available. Just where did he get bitten by the mosquito? Imagine the other people in the same area who are at risk of getting bitten by that specie of mosquitoes too. We only hear about Por's condition in the news because he's a celebrity. But what would happen to all those other people, especially if he had been bitten in a poor rural area - what about them? So I guess this is also an eye opener. We should all be careful of our surroundings and do our best to help stop spread the propagation of dengue mosquitoes. I guess the media should also focus their attention on those communities at risk of getting dengue fever and also kind of get public support for these people so that even if they do not have the backing of such a big corporation as CH3, they can likewise get medical attention so they would survive this ordeal, if they ever do get bitten by dengue mosquitoes. I think that kind of media mileage would be better than getting shamans or fortune tellers talking about karma and all that. Not that I want to belittle fortune tellers, but this is another reality.  Dengue mosquitoes are out there and we must find a way to solve that problem. 

byebye

sarNie OldFart
@040156

I think for some it is easier to ignore the signs when it happened. I remembered my first insect bite. It felt like a pinch at first. And then It started to itch all over...still didn't think anything of it or rush to the E.R. then half an hour later my face was swollen, my chest got tight. About 10 minutes after that my tongue was swollen and I was trying to catch my breath and rash was all over me from head to toes.

When I got to e.r. I was a mess. My face was so red and swollen I could barely open my eyes. It took about an hour after benadryl, some steroids to really calm me down. It was scary...I could have died because I didn't take the bite seriously at first.

With Por, it's a good thing he is in a very good hospital. They are going to do all they can to give him a fighting chance.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Por's still in critical condition. On November 17th, Por's heart started beating irregularly which made his blood pressure even more difficult to control. Doctors discovered that his left lung's pleural membrane had increase and continuous bleeding. This affected his heart's function and blood circulatory system. As a result, it caused his blood pressure to drop. In order to resolve this problem, Por had to undergo immediate surgery. They had to operate on the membrane to stop the bleeding.

This was difficult to translate since there were so many anatomical vocabulary. I apologize if I translate anything inaccurately, but for the most part, this is what happened today. Someone can read over to double check.  

http://www.komchadluek.net/detail/20151117/217075.html

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
The surgery was successful! They were able to stop the internal bleeding within his left lung. The bleeding was due to a tearing of the lung's fascial membrane. His heart is beating normally and his blood pressure is stabilized. They've decreased the use of blood pressure medication for him which means that his body is beginning to control its own blood pressure. They will continue to closely monitor his condition.

http://news.sanook.com/1901170/

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
Thank you Mahalo for the updates. Good news so far, hope he getting better and better.

His younger brother ordained 3 days for him and he will officially ordain again when P'Por get well and fully recovers. This gives me goosebumps and teary eyes to see his brother doing this for him Anumotana-Satu-Satu-Satu with him and wish P'Por to wake up and recovered soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPiK7pNAZPA

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
For those who cannot read Thai, they covered the same information I translated so you can listen here. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obb6STDK1iA

tgamber

sarNie Adult
That's so sweet. The idea of ordination for someone is so majestic. Sometimes I wish I was born as a boy so I can enter monkhood to repay the kindness of the parents. The one thing I like the most in the Sixth Sense series is how Sughondaros's uncle dedicated his whole life to become a monk for her. I am not a fan of the preks entering the monkhood after how nang rais scheming and manipulation.

Joy

sarNie Hatchling
tgamber said:
That's so sweet. The idea of ordination for someone is so majestic. Sometimes I wish I was born as a boy so I can enter monkhood to repay the kindness of the parents. The one thing I like the most in the Sixth Sense series is how Sughondaros's uncle dedicated his whole life to become a monk for her. I am not a fan of the preks entering the monkhood after how nang rais scheming and manipulation.
You don't have to be male to do it. Last year, my cousin did it for her mom. She was a nun for 1 week. She said I should do it with her for my mom, but I didn't want to.

tgamber

sarNie Adult
I was a nun when I was young for a month. I know about it but it's not the same. The principles and perceptions are different. Nuns are supposed to be a follower of monks. The hierarchy of monk is higher.

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
If you heart are in it and you are a true believer in what your do or ordained your successfulness will be no difference from a Monk (men).  Even if your heart just "anumotana satu" with male becoming a monk your "boun" is already ten folds.  Don't let your gender be your obstacle to obtained your higher calling if that is what you wish; to become a nun or what not.  Everything is up to you, your heart and your power in believing you will succeed. Good lucks.

tgamber

sarNie Adult
I know but the way it's. Like how you know having connection is not fair but still this is the way the world works.

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
P'Por needs to wake up and see how beautiful his daughter has been while he was sick/recovery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8D_Ib-NXKM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFfvOjqSuek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC1ov4lkfes