Silamanee (Compordee)

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
Aiyaja said PANCAKE was rumored be nang'ek for this lakorn :rolleyes:
what? pancake again? :blink: how stupid decision!!! they are stupid in ch7, why always pancake? she's boring. if she will be the n'ek i don't want to watch and buy it. i'm so annoying to see pancake.
KWAN AND OIL

fun

Expired Sarnie
i wanna know the story line too...is this a remake?..
very short and very simple, she is like a lao princess, her mother is thai who couldnt stand the life in the countryside so she lelf back to the city. pra ek and nang ek are engaged since young and well the necklace silamanee signify that the relation will be carried on between the two families. she grows up and goes to the city to meet her mom and get the necklace back, no one knows her identity as the princess only the mother. oh she has a half sister too, i like her. there is more to it.

Aiyaja said PANCAKE was rumored be nang'ek for this lakorn :rolleyes:
no i hope not as much as i like pancake, she has too many roles where she plays snobby or rich and nang ek in silamanee is sort of well snobby and rich too.

i was annoyed by ann s and dodo. i couldnt stand her attitude and the ending was alright could have been better i hope this version could be better.

Joy

sarNie Hatchling
actually she has a step sister and a half brother. i remember that down syndrome looking kid playing her half bro (sorry that kinda sounded mean).
i would write down a summary, but if anyone has read everything else i summarize, you'd know it's more like a fic then a summary.

iamnowhere

sarNie Adult
oh cool they're remaking this?? I knew it was coming. Hopefully they wont focus so much on p'ek's little bro's obsession with n'ek. I hope they shorten it too!!! Is suppose to be a channel 7 lakorn since everyone is only listing channel 7??? I hope Noon is n'ek!!! hmmmmmm i don't know who i who would p'ek will be..... I'm can't think of any..... arrrggghhhh

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
actually she has a step sister and a half brother. i remember that down syndrome looking kid playing her half bro (sorry that kinda sounded mean).
i would write down a summary, but if anyone has read everything else i summarize, you'd know it's more like a fic then a summary.
:huh: Yes that is a bit mean ... he doesn't not look anything near down-syndrome, that little boy is cute. He's one of the producer/director of that lakorn's son. He is also related to the lady that play as the grandmother.

TubbyTinker

You're Average Person :)
Join the club.:) I hate pancake too. lol.
lol...Nina...you know I'm a fan of pancake but...dont get mad at me for saying this but isnt HATE a harsh word because you dont even know her in person to hate her....iono...you could bash at me...

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
i don't like pancake at all, she always, always , always plays the same type of part, a rich girl! it's so boring. it seems she's unable to play poor girls like the other n'ek (noon w, kwan, namfon p, namfon k...). ch7 or his director has very bad taste.

saobomp

sarNie Adult
n'ek has to have the feature of that lao/essan essence when she wears the outfits...
from a snobbish princess, to a school girl, to a store clerk(fabric store owner). changing from one to another every time she sees p'ek.
noon is the first to pop up in my head

p'ek business type look; mature!
por nuttawat or charkrit perhaps...

sweetlaogirl

sarNie Egg
At first I thought Louis Scott was gonna play the little brother but since this is CH7 it can't be because he is with CH3 right? But if it could be then it would be nice. Louis is cute.

If anything I want to see who plays Sengfung's mom. The original was a really talented and pretty woman. She pulled the roll off so well.

True if they can wait for Alexandra to play this Lao princess roll it would be nice but I don't think they would. I think they would try to focus more on the rich snobby type person to play Sengfung. But whoever they cast to be in this lakorn it will be a popular lakorn because the old one was popular. People will watch it just because they want to compare it to the old one.

Last but not least the only thing I couldn't wait for is the songs they have in there. Original sountrack had couple songs from Sang and one from Ort and one from Ew was really really good. I still dont know who sing the opening theme song after all these years.

On a different note and you all know that after I say this it will happen. When are they gonna remake Wan Nee Tee Ror Koi?

mickey

sarNie Egg
Join the club.:) I hate pancake too. lol.
yah...u wrong open this tread ..u must go to alexander if u big fans of she.. u are so annoying for me if u always make bad opini about pancake.. i know u not like pancake so what ...? me to not like alexander but i never say to everybody that...its fair for everybody to support their own idol....sorrry again if i say that to u , i dont fight with u but i hope u know what tread u want to open just its ..

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
yah...u wrong open this tread ..u must go to alexander if u big fans of she.. u are so annoying for me if u always make bad opini about pancake.. i know u not like pancake so what ...? me to not like alexander but i never say to everybody that...its fair for everybody to support their own idol....sorrry again if i say that to u , i dont fight with u but i hope u know what tread u want to open just its ..
I think is a matter of opinions and that is her (Nina K) opinions. She have the right to say or post anything she feels... no need to jumped her. Right or wrong is just depend on who's looking in. You have the right to like Pancake, no one is saying anything or said "you wrong". So let it be ... and like you said, "it's opinion" .. and that is her opinion, you can't make her say things you want her to say or say nice things about your "idol". Plus she quoted me and reply to me with spoiler block, not meant for everyone to looked, just few curious cats. :lol: :p

fun

Expired Sarnie
hahahah my memory is sort of blah, the thing i remember most about the lakorn was the silamanee necklace and she was a total snob. not snobby rich but attitude wise. and i hate watching pra ek little bro obbession with nang ek. lmao and i hope they do shorten it.

lol...Nina...you know I'm a fan of pancake but...dont get mad at me for saying this but isnt HATE a harsh word because you dont even know her in person to hate her....iono...you could bash at me...
true. everyone is going to defend their idol, by the way we are only human. i say i dont like chakrit but someone else says they do, i like pancake someone will say they dont like pancake, i say i dont like pinky but somneone will say they like pinky. etc. you get it. hahahaha. and i do like pancake but i am not going to take it to the heart that some people dont like her but hate is too harsh. but it isnt offensive if hating a person acting and not the person. lol

fun

Expired Sarnie
Sirium's mom is a thai commoner, but she married the king of a country called Chainglat. From my memory I believe she only married the king for the title and for the crown jewelery called "Silamanee" which the king is suppose to give to his bride. After marrying the king, n'ek mom got restless. The marriage did not last long and her mom ended up marrying a military man in Thailand. Before she got a divorce wth the king, she gave birth to n'ek. As a child and a grown woman Sirum always resented her mother for leaving her father like that and she carries this anger throughout the movie. In ChiangLat's tradition, the jewelery's "Silamanee" belongs to the family and always given to the queen by the king when she is married. But because n'ek is the only child and a girl, they must pass the jewelery off to a future suitor when the time comes it will be given to Sirium. Before Sirium's dad died, he arranged a marriage with his best friend's son (p'ek/Dodo) in Thailand.

Years later, n'ek's father died and p'ek father as well. N'ek feels that there is no need for the marriage arrangement so she wants the "silamanee" back. P'ek feels the same way bout the marriage, but p'ek stingy mom did not want to give the necklace back. All grown up and beautiful, N'ek goes to Thailand as a student, but she was also on a mission to get her necklace back. There in the the university, n'ek meets p'ek younger brother (charlee/sank) who falls hopelessly in love with n'ek. He doesn't know who she is and thinks that of her as a regular girl. Since Charlee was an artist and was awed by her beauty, he asked her to sit as a model for him. N'ek only agree to go b/c she knew he was p'ek little brother. One night while sitting for him, n'ek bumps into p'ek for the first time. P'ek is also stunned by her, but he hides it real well since his little brother has fallen really hard for her.

However, Sirium did not returned her feeelings for him and Charlee grew depressed. Charlee stopped eating and going to school and only waits around for her. This worried his mom so much that she asked Sirium to stop seeing him. But that didn't help at all b/c Charlee went to go see her instead. Charlee's obsession with n'ek worried his mother so much that she ask p'ek to do something. Finally p'ek made an arrangement with n'ek and that they will pretend to go out for the being. This is when p'ek starts falling for n'ek too. Sirium was mysterious and alluring. When p'ek went to go drop her off each night, she never let him drop her off at her place, but at the bus stop. To add to the mystery, Sirium looks alot like the owner of a shop that sells clothing from ChaingLat. This is of course another one of Sirium's alias to get more information bout p'ek. P'ek is dumbfounded by the simliarity in the two girls, and would not find out the truth until much later. But anyways, dodo starts falling for sirium, but he knew it can't happen b/c he has a fiance and that his mom would not approve of the relationship..... Throughout the lakorn, dodo will think sirium is just a regular girl, not know that she was actually a princess and his fiance.

At the same time, Sirium's relationship w/ her mom is still broken after all these years b/c she never came to visit her and her father. Now all grown up, Sirium has refuse to see her mother altogether. As the years passes her mom has grown mature and wanted to see her only daugther. She knew that Sirium was in Bangkok going to school, but she didn't know where to find her. And when they finally did meet Sirium did not call her "mother" . (Its really best to watch the lakorn for this cause it's real vindication!!!! like dao pra souk's relationship w/ her mom)

ummmmm yeah.... sorry I can't finish the summary, my memory turned out more rusty than expected. I didn't get a chance to watch the important part when p'ek goes back to return "silamanee" and breakoffs the engagement before knowin who she really was. But I can tell he regretted it big time when he found out who she was all along!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out the dl section while it last!! you guys are lucky for those who are able to understand it lol!! It might drag in the middle, but this lakorn has one of the best plot line ever.... not to mention Sank's soundtrack to the lakorn too has to be the best ost ever!! thanks again jetina for uploading!!
To fill in the gaps:

- There is also this other girl who is another student, Saksit -- she's actually N'ek's stepdaughter. She happens to have a crush on Charlee, and his mother thinks she's a good match since she's from a good family, unlike N'ek. So the mom asks P'ek to break up the match -- very much like in Sabrina, but thai-style, of course. :) So their arrangement was indeed to pretend like they're dating. N'ek agrees to this to prove her friendship-feelings for Charlee are pure, and that she's not the terrible person his mom and he think she is. That, and she's trying to get closer to Silamanee.

- Charlee grows to like Saksit more, only after he realizes his cause with N'ek is hopeless. She initially rejects him (even though she likes him), because of how he used to treat her, but she comes around.

- After Dodo falls in love with N'ek, she leaves and goes back to Chianglat. He writes a letter to break it off with his fiancee (N'ek), and promises to return Silamanee to her. This is what takes him to Chianglat, where he eventually finds out the truth. He is heartbroken, and returns Silamanee to N'ek. (So sad! SO angry!) He then ends up sick in bed for a long time. She pretty much ignores him the entire time he's sick, even though he's close by (staying with a friend in Chiangmai?). N'ek pretends like he never returned it just to keep the suitors at bay.

- N'ek also has a cousin who has loved her all her life. He is her constant support, and she kind of knows how he feels, but has tried to ignore that. He keeps trying to get her to come home the entire time she's in Bangkok.

- Another suitor for N'ek is a prince in a nearby country. He's super-annoying, and it was soooo difficult for me not to ff through his scenes. Although he was comical, it wasn't enough to save him.

- N'ek's relationship with her mom kind of makes you want to cry. This for me was worse than in Dao Pra Sook, just because N'ek here is so much more open with it. Her mom is constantly trying to get close, even visits her in Chianglat.

- In the end, they get together of course, and she gives Silamanee back to P'ek. Very cute. :)

If you want something more detailed, my memory's pretty good... :) Except for names. :)

Hmm...let me think. Well, a lot of the episodes are spent pretend dating between Sroh (n'ek) and Parut (p'ek), and with him trying to catch her going home, because he wants to know where she lives. He of course can't know that because she's posing as a poor person, and he also knows where her alias (Nek Dumcao, rough translation "Lady Merchant") lives.

I can break it down further:

- One of the first, if not the first, true encounter they have is at Parut and Charlee's mom's birthday party. Charlee asks Sroh to attend so that he can finally introduce her to his mom. The mom of course has invited Saksit there, and hates the idea of Sroh. The four (in the love...square? :D) have their first meeting when Parut interrupts Charlee and Sroh talking privately so that Charlee can show Saksit his studio. Parut takes this time to have a chat with Sroh to see what she's about...this doesn't end well. :) Because she knows he's her fiance, and is not happy about it. Natch. :)

- Sroh accepts Parut's plan to pretend date but under the conditions that he not question her anymore about where she lives, and that he allow her to sit for Charlee's portrait. Parut makes sure that when she comes to sit for Charlee, his mother isn't there, or at least that they don't really run into each other. Conveniently, she was out of town for a time.

- Charlee is annoyingly petulant (probably as he should be) re: Sroh and Parut's "relationship." He draws her, but is very childish and angry towards them when Parut and Sroh are together in front of him. At the same time, Saksit is trying to be friendly towards him, and he repeatedly is mean to her and rejects her attempts, because he knows she's his mother's pick.

- During the time the guys' mom is out of town, Parut asks Sroh to come over and...hang out?...at their house after she's done with Charlee in the studio. He's creating the illusion of closeness...which works all too well.

Re: Parut and Sroh's other alias:

He's clearly attracted to her. The first time they meet, he mistakes her for Sroh, of course, and she denies it. He only tries to catch her in a lie a handful of times, before he accepts her as telling the truth. When she tries to distance herself, he gets upset, and forcefully kisses her, but she isn't having any of that. At that point, she tells him she's returning home to Chianglat, and won't be seeing him again. And they don't.

- Parut repeatedly tries to follow the bus after Sroh gets on it. But she's on to him, and prepares disguises to change into so when she leaves he can't tell who she is.

- The last time Parut sees Sroh in Bangkok is when they go to a party at Sroh's mom's (and Saksit's dad's) house. I don't remember the occasion. She's afraid, but promises to go, and everything turns out mostly okay, but this is also when Sroh decides she's going to give up trying to get back Silamanee, going to school, and go home. She says goodbye to him in the car (at the bus stop). He confesses that he loves her, they kiss, she struggles, she gets angry. I think she tells him that he's a person that always looks down on people, could never love a poor person like her, and that she's never going to see him again. He lets her go, but doesn't accept it. In fact he's waiting at the bus stop for her several days without her showing up before he realizes she meant it when she said she's going to leave.

- Parut and Sroh meet again after he's written the letter to Sang Fang (another of her names, and his fiancee) saying that he's coming to Chianglat to return Silamanee. He goes to her palace and waits (but she's out with the prince who's her suitor -- Khamin), and only meets her aunt and her cousin. On his way home, he gets into a car accident with her. He ends up in the hospital.

Sroh is virtually uninjured, and tells the hospital that she'll take care of all the costs, because it's her fault. When she goes to the room to see who the victim is, she is surprised to see that it is Parut. He wakes up in time to see that it's her. And he is onverjoyed. He hadn't expected to see her again.

Sroh continues to visit him in the hospital, and tells him that she is the servant of Sang Fang, who she admits, is the person who hit his car. He decides for sure then, that he'll return Silamanee, then marry Sroh. They get to have a couple tender scenes before she messes it all up with the revelation of her true identity.

- The reveal comes after Parut is recovered, and is invited to the palace to a special dinner in his honor. He decides this is the night he's going to return Silamanee. So he spends most of the dinner sitting at a table with Sroh's cousin, his parents and Khamin. Lots of veiled barbs back and forth here. Finally Sang Fang arrives...and he sees that it's Sroh. Suddenly, everything about Sroh and Nek Dumcao clicks into place, and he realizes he's been played the fool the entire time.

He doesn't sit beyond a few tension filled moments before he decides to leave. He's going home to Thailand. Sroh's cousin manages to stop him by saying that he ought to speak to Sroh first before taking off like that. He agrees.

Their talk is so heartbreaking. They hash things, he puts the Silamanee around her neck, she ends up crying and hiding Silamanee after he's gone. He goes to his friend's house and sits outside all night, which makes him sick. I think he comes down with pneumonia.

- The next couple episodes are basically: him hovering around death, not wanting to live anymore because he's heartbroken, her relatives visiting him and telling him to fight on, her going out with Khamin, her relatives lecturing her. I fastforward quite a bit because I'm so annoyed. ;)

...and the rest is just the end like I said in the previous post.

Other side things that barely matter to me:

- Sroh forms a bond with her half-brother (Saksit's half-bro too), and is like his secret friend when he visits the college campus to watch Saksit's friends play volleyball. He's the same kid in Dao Pra Sook...and he's still adorable.

- Saksit and Charlee get engaged. Saksit thinks he's finally turned to her, but he's doing it mostly out of spite. She realizes that he has no real feelings for her and turns away from him. Charlee realizes he's done her wrong, and slowly makes it all better after talking to her friends, her stepmom, and her grandmother. Her grandmother, by the way, plays a big part in her life -- pretty much raised her. So in the end, they're happy too.
This is a pretty comprehensive summary without breaking it up by episodes, which I'm not sure I could do...but you really should watch this, because it's good and very sweet. This for me was a good follow-up to another movie Ann and Dodo did together...it was a much stranger plot...she gets in a car accident the same night someone tries to kill this little girl: the little girl is supposed to die, but Ann's spirit ends up in the little girl's body, so she lives, and Ann's body falls into a coma. Dodo plays the little girl's uncle (or second cousin, I think)...I think he was cuter in this lakorn...and of course Ann falls in love with him while she's in the little girl's body. You just don't think they're going to get a happy ending, because she's trapped in the wrong body...but it works out. Now, if someone has that lakorn... :)
the info on the lakorn based on the older version.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
-.- wow drama in this thread... ok people lemme put it this way .. I don't care who you dislike or don't dislike but don't start trashing each other and respect each others opinions. I personally love pancake .. but I have to say her character in Khun Nou Tevada is annoying... Alexandra... she's ok..but she totally wouldn't match this role... because nang ek in this role has to be elegant and gorgeous.. Alexandra is pretty and stuff she's beautiful but she doesn't fit this role... Remeber sarNies we are tolerant of opinions but don't verbally call each other out you have the right to defend your stars but don't take it to the extreme and start calling other people stuff over it

Tina,

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
-.- wow drama in this thread... ok people lemme put it this way .. I don't care who you dislike or don't dislike but don't start trashing each other and respect each others opinions. I personally love pancake .. but I have to say her character in Khun Nou Tevada is annoying... Alexandra... she's ok..but she totally wouldn't match this role... because nang ek in this role has to be elegant and gorgeous.. Alexandra is pretty and stuff she's beautiful but she doesn't fit this role... Remeber sarNies we are tolerant of opinions but don't verbally call each other out you have the right to defend your stars but don't take it to the extreme and start calling other people stuff over it

Tina,
Hey you think like me. :lol: I agree with you about Alexandra... her acting is not up to par yet. This lakorn needs seasons and strong n'ek to carried all three roles well. It's going to be hard for new n'ek to looks as pretty and elegant as Sirium in the old version.

hahahah my memory is sort of blah, the thing i remember most about the lakorn was the silamanee necklace and she was a total snob. not snobby rich but attitude wise. and i hate watching pra ek little bro obbession with nang ek. lmao and i hope they do shorten it.
But you got to remember she's a Princess, and not just any Princess, she's heiress to the Throne and will become the Queen of Chianglat. Of course she going to act and carried herself above others, especially those that put her down because they didn't know where she comes from... In her opinions she's above and beyond those peoples and p'ek as well, that is why she was trying to get the necklace back, because she think they don't deserved something as valueable and meaningful as Silamee. Silamee is like crown jewel of Chianglat.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Hey you think like me. :lol: I agree with you about Alexandra... her acting is not up to par yet. This lakorn needs seasons and strong n'ek to carried all three roles well. It's going to be hard for new n'ek to looks as pretty and elegant as Sirium in the old version.
But you got to remember she's a Princess, and not just any Princess, she's heiress to the Throne and will become the Queen of Chianglat. Of course she going to act and carried herself above others, especially those that put her down because they didn't know where she comes from... In her opinions she's above and beyond those peoples and p'ek as well, that is why she was trying to get the necklace back, because she think they don't deserved something as valueable and meaningful as Silamee. Silamee is like crown jewel of Chianglat.
Honestly I think Pancake would be a good choice... someone mentioned Kwan and I was like Kwan wouldn't .. I love Kwan but she has that rough and immature look to her sometimes to where when I imagine her in the role it won't go.. I could see Pancake though...