Silamanee (Compordee)

soutsada7

sarNie Hatchling
^^LOL, that's a very interesting analogy :lol: I agree that parote's mom has allowed greed and her inability to let her "beloved son" get married to a "country bumpkin" cloud her sense of integrity, that is, if she even has one to begin with. However, I think parote's just doing what he deems fit as being a good son. considering things from his point of views, I'd do the same too if I had a mother who loves and dotes on me so. it seems he's the middle man, trying to do the best he can for his loved ones, i.e. his mother, chalee, and pipope. for someone like parote, his family is his priority, until someone like mae liang comes along, who disturbs his equilibrium. with mae liang introduced as a new element in parote's staid life, he inevitably comes to realize that perhaps there's more to life than mindlessly following his mom's creeds.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Parote does seem like the middle men, but when his mom comes along he leans toward her side more often. To say who's the middle man, I think P'Pipope fit that title more because being the middle men you shouldn't be on anyone's side and would just want peace between everyone. Soutsada7 I like your last lines where you talk about how Mae Liang disturb Parote's equilibrium. W/ Mae Liang in his life, it seem he now wants to move on from being a "Momma's boy" to his ownself. It's funny how his mother already told them to not follow in Chalee's footsteps yet Pipope and Parote are going against her wishes so just as we speak.

lol. i love learning thai, i think learning foreign languages come easy for me cuz i love it a lot.

but yea, Silamanee is pretty awesome. i love Kob. and she totally looks like two different person when she is Mae Liang, and when she is Ngam.
Not just looks but acting wise too, Ngam and Mae Liang seems like two different person. I love how when Kob is Ngam she is so ferocious and bitter toward Parote, but when she's Mae Liang she holds back her anger (you can see at times she take a deep breath to hold in Parote's insults toward Ngam). Mae Liang talk sweetly and calm to him, which convince him that maybe Ngam and Mae Liang are different because they're so opposite of each other. It's just like the level of flavors: sour (Ngam), sweet (Mae Liang), and w/ Princess Saengfarng who made up these two character she's spicy.

soutsada7

sarNie Hatchling
^^LOL, that's why kob's such a versatile and talented actress...she comes across as very uptight, defensive, yet vulnerable when she portrays ngam; super seductive and confident in her sex appeal as mae liang; and very pure and proud as princess saengfang.

soutsada7

sarNie Hatchling
^^LMAO, never thought of that...but tom yum soup is delicious!!! I guess we can say that ngam+mae liang + princess saengfang = DEEELICIOUS :lol: okay, I'm being a dork, please forgive me >.<

eh, just wondering, which outfits/looks that kob has donned/portrayed that you favor most from the lakorn so far?

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
Parote does seem like the middle men, but when his mom comes along he leans toward her side more often. To say who's the middle man, I think P'Pipope fit that title more because being the middle men you shouldn't be on anyone's side and would just want peace between everyone. Soutsada7 I like your last lines where you talk about how Mae Liang disturb Parote's equilibrium. W/ Mae Liang in his life, it seem he now wants to move on from being a "Momma's boy" to his ownself. It's funny how his mother already told them to not follow in Chalee's footsteps yet Pipope and Parote are going against her wishes so just as we speak.

Not just looks but acting wise too, Ngam and Mae Liang seems like two different person. I love how when Kob is Ngam she is so ferocious and bitter toward Parote, but when she's Mae Liang she holds back her anger (you can see at times she take a deep breath to hold in Parote's insults toward Ngam). Mae Liang talk sweetly and calm to him, which convince him that maybe Ngam and Mae Liang are different because they're so opposite of each other. It's just like the level of flavors: sour (Ngam), sweet (Mae Liang), and w/ Princess Saengfarng who made up these two character she's spicy.
lol. for some reason, i really like Kob when she plays in the old thai lakorns...like on i remember waaay back was with KOB n NUM where Kob plays as Mamia....i loved that one becuz of the song...i wonder where i can find that song?

nang tad killed Kob for me cuz she looked sooooo dirty...lol all the time i saw her, she had like a dirty face..lol but i loved YUI in there tho.

but yea i didnt like kob in ne of her other lakorns cuz i didnt like her roles, but i really like this one cuz i love the ending theme song and i love her role.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Nang Tard she was a slave and her character always had to work, so she protray it as a dirty servant (who never has a day rest or a day to bath). A servant who leans down most of the time would have a bad back, she's was crouching most of the time for her character to be believable. I did have a hard time watching it because she wasn't the typical na'ek, who we all see that has to be clean and pretty. I thought it was good because unlike some most actor/actress, they always have to look good, Kob was very bold to take on that role as E-Yen. I don't get how some protray a character who's poor, but yet keeps wearing jewelry and new clothing. Just awkward.

But I really love Kob in this one because it's different from all her other characters were she plays a kind and conservative girl. I hope she gets more strong and confident roles like this in the future.

lol. You gals are too funny. "Tom Yum Soup" delicious.

As for which character I like so far between Princess Saengfarng of Chiangrath, Ngam Saengluang from school, and Mae Liang from the silk shop. I can't really choose right now because they all have their distinctive personality. I love Princess Saengfarng because she can be so cute and childish at times with her cousin Saibordee. I love Ngam Saengluang because she speaks her mind and the majority of the time she speaks the truth, she's so proud of Chiangrath, and would not let anyone di$$ her country or their tradition. I love Mae Liang ooo...what else can I say she's so seductive and smooth talking.

lol. for some reason, i really like Kob when she plays in the old thai lakorns...like on i remember waaay back was with KOB n NUM where Kob plays as Mamia....i loved that one becuz of the song...i wonder where i can find that song?

nang tad killed Kob for me cuz she looked sooooo dirty...lol all the time i saw her, she had like a dirty face..lol but i loved YUI in there tho.

but yea i didnt like kob in ne of her other lakorns cuz i didnt like her roles, but i really like this one cuz i love the ending theme song and i love her role.
You can find the Mamia song at SweetKob forum....Mamia was my first and my favorite...it holds a special place in my heart :D

also..I know that you requested for the translation of the Silamanee theme song....I was singing the song nonstop so I asked someone at sweetKob to translate it..and Mon came to the rescue. I posted the translation under your request.

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
You can find the Mamia song at SweetKob forum....Mamia was my first and my favorite...it holds a special place in my heart :D

also..I know that you requested for the translation of the Silamanee theme song....I was singing the song nonstop so I asked someone at sweetKob to translate it..and Mon came to the rescue. I posted the translation under your request.
really? can u get me the link?

o and thank you! lol..i was jus gonna go watch the ending credits and copy and write it down...lol but thanks!

soutsada7

sarNie Hatchling
LOL, nancyvang, you answered my question in a round-about way :lol: I guess it's hard for me to choose to regarding which character I love most that kob portrayed in silamanee...I don't know, I just have a soft spot for ngam sanluang...she's such a spitfire...always ready with her razor sharp words to kill the imbecile who dares to cross her...I guess to me, she embodies what I imagine a woman with a mind of her own, and extremely intellectual to boot. Ngam sangluang -- me like!

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
i'm like you girls. don't like "Nang tard", it was so shocking to see kob like that! for me, she's Dao, the strong Dao in "Dao pra sook" (gosh, i love this lakorn and especially the r'scene and all the sweet moments between dao and path :blush:) . she has the same character here in "silamanee", strong and pride.
offtopic: i want kob to have a new lakorn with num, they are THE MOST BEAUTIFUL COUPLE in thai lakorns., in reality they are THE COUPLE in thai lakorn.

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
i'm like you girls. don't like "Nang tard", it was so shocking to see kob like that! for me, she's Dao, the strong Dao in "Dao pra sook" (gosh, i love this lakorn and especially the r'scene and all the sweet moments between dao and path :blush:) . she has the same character here in "silamanee", strong and pride.
offtopic: i want kob to have a new lakorn with num, they are THE MOST BEAUTIFUL COUPLE in thai lakorns., in reality they are THE COUPLE in thai lakorn.
lol.im tired of seeing and knowing that KOB and NUM are always doing lakorns together...i prefer NUM and ANN to be in more lakorns together...i LOVED tae pang korn.

jackielee978

sarNie Adult
lol.im tired of seeing and knowing that KOB and NUM are always doing lakorns together...i prefer NUM and ANN to be in more lakorns together...i LOVED tae pang korn.
Really? Why? They have a lot of chemistry compare to Num and Ann.. I don't like Tae Pang Korn .. it was dragging and boring which I haven't finish it . And I don't like those kind of period type lakorn like Ban Sai Thong.. But I love the songs in there

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
Really? Why? They have a lot of chemistry compare to Num and Ann.. I don't like Tae Pang Korn .. it was dragging and boring which I haven't finish it . And I don't like those kind of period type lakorn like Ban Sai Thong.. But I love the songs in there
really? i thot they had great chemistry. lol..actually now that u mentioned chemistry..lol i think i liked it a lot more becuz of ann's great acting and beauty as the princess....

iono, but i fall for ne actress who's dressed in those old traditional clothing where they're princesses...lol but like u said, i dont like those periods either...i like the OLD OLD periods where there's kings/queens/princesses and TODAY's period.

n i have a thing with LIVES...lol no matter how boring or how much i dont like the actors/actresses, if it deals with dying/reincarnation...then imma watch it no matter what.

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
arrrrggg!!!! tired with num and kob.???? just one word (2 in reality :p ) "dao prasook"

i love "ban sai thong" the chemistry between saranyu and monrudee :wub: